insure4less

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Scam Artists - Happy to take your money and deny claims

Had our car broken into at the beach, smashed window and grabbed bag from vehicle. Every correspondence via email takes 7-10 days to be answered. Only to find out not covered as the goods weren't in our immediate control? Hmmm robbed from a locked car and still not covered. Best book somewhere else....

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Scam artists - Do not use this Travel insurance company disgraceful business ethics

On the way home from a trip to Europe, my flight from Lisbon to London was delayed 1 1/2 hrs. Due to this delay we missed our connecting flight to Australia, Air Portugal who caused the flight delay put there hands in the air & said not their fault as our flight from London to Sydney was not linked to the Air Portugal ticket which is a rort in itself. Anyway had to buy 3 one way tickets to Australia costing aprox $2450. Got back to Australia put in a claim & was rejected. They advised that the time in London was not enough time to get a connecting flight & that Etihad want you there 3hrs before their departure time, this is contrary to what the boarding pass says of 90min which would of been enough time.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

You need to pay at least $200 to be able to claim it

My medical bill was under $200 overseas and they said they only cover after $200 I spent there. So first $200 is out of your pocket no matter what. I understand it is my fault that I didn't read the very bottom of the page when purchasing this insurance but I really don't see the point of having had the insurance in the end. Good lesson learnt and I will never go with this company again.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

This is worst Insurance Company ever

I had taken travel insurance and while traveling i lost my valuables in Taxi, they have rejected claim by saying its not covered

They don't cover for loss or theft, they have excuse for rejecting those claims, lost my 5K worth of Valuable and it's rejected because they can not explain the definition of Loss. For them loss happens only because of your negligence and they will reject your claim

this is not recomended at all

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAsia
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Very unhappy with the claims process

I was bitten by a dog in Thailand and ended up spending 13 nights in hospital. On being discharged, I was told I needed to get home ASAP and that they would handle the travel arrangements. This is where the problems started. Very annoyingly, they could only liaise with me by phone, but I had deliberately not purchased SIM and could only communicate via email. I ended up having to hire a bike and ride to the shop in the humidity with an infected wound to buy a SIM. Their travel agency is Flight Centre, who do not provide any services to get me off the small island I was on. I was expected to depart Bangkok at lunch time the next day - the only way I could have made that flight was teleportation. After much back and forth, 2 days later I was off the island after having made my own arrangements while being dosed up on painkillers. It wasn't until the day of departure from Phuket that I was given my flight details - and then discovered that after cancelling my Qantas flight, they had booked me on a much cheaper flight on Jetstar. To their credit, after my protesting, I was upgraded to Jetstar's version of business. This was essential due to the pain I was in after being in bed for 2 weeks, but it was not without a lot of insisting on my behalf.
I was out of pocket for various medical expenses, had to pay for treatment in Phuket out of my own pocket, lost accommodation etc. I submitted my claim when I got home, had to follow up countless times before anything was paid. THEN I discovered that I had been charged the excess 3 times!!!!! I queried this but heard nothing back. Although everyone I spoke to was great, their processes are AWFUL. I am disappointed all round and after being a multi-trip customer for 3 of the past 5 years I have now taken out insurance elsewhere. Just days this incident, I lost all my luggage in a flood but decided to claim this through my home and contents insurance to avoid the drama. The claim was paid out in full within just days, along with a follow up call to make sure I was happy with everything. What a contrast.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAsia
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Don't insure4less because you are likely to get less from you claim

Tigerair cancelled our flight and offered next flight in 22hrs. We had to buy return tickets from Melbourne to Brisbane. Tigerair refunded flight money but we ended up with $300 out of pocket.

Although we discussed the situation with Insure4Less prior to new tickets purchase and were led to believe that we are covered for extra expense incurred. However, once we lodged the claim we were told by Gallagher Bassett Services that my policy doesn’t cover this particular scenario. Now, it is important to mention that Gallager Basset claim to have ‘Proven experience reducing the cost of travel claims’, in other words means they reduce the cost to travel insurance company. I guess one way of reducing the cost is to minimise claim payments.

In short, we were unable to talk to anyone from Insure4less and had very disappointing experience, decided to cancel policy and move to different insurance company .

Insurance claim madeYes

You get what you pay for - no more. no less - "Insure for Less"

This was the lowest quote we received for essential travel insurance for my family to Asia on a recent trip.
Exactly as stated it is insurance for less cost - it covers the worst case situation and not much else.

Unfortunately we had a had mobile phones lost/stolen and a medical claim with our young son on our trip.
We had no hesitation in bringing our son to the best hospital available for treatment which was quite expensive but totally necessary.

The claim people were efficient and offered good advice about our situation and what we could claim.
Make sure you follow the instructions on the PDS regarding receipts and reports for claims!
Medical expenses are fully covered but mobile phones have a depreciation component - which is normal business practise.

We made a claim for the medical expenses only as the phones were a few years old and after depreciation and excess it was not worth putting in a claim.
It took a little while for the claim to be processed but we were happy with the excess and refund of costs directly to our bank account - no problem.

You get what you pay for and for us we would recommend them as a low cost insurer to cover the major costs but not the minor ones....you will need to pay more for that.

Tiresome, terrible customer service

I have sent 5 emails now to their customer service team asking the same very simple question over and over again, having to rephrase it and provide different examples in a different way in hopes that they now understand. Pretty sure, last I checked my written communication was pretty good. While they do reply within 24 hours, its nothing but tiresome and frustrating when a very simple question cannot be answered the first or even second time. God help me, if I have to make a claim!

Insurance claim madeNo

Amazing customer service

I am so impressed with the customer service. Whenever I have needed to contact them via email they have always responded quickly: I contacted them to change the name on my policy and received updated documents within half an hour! We have also needed to ask for an extension on our annual policy to increase the standard 31 days to 35 and this was done quickly and with no fuss.

Thanks so much for the great service, I would definitely recommend taking the annual policy!

Insurance claim madeNo

Beware of exclusions

So many exclusions and fine print, they will do everything to reject your claim, and take the maximum amount of time to do it. Make sure you read all 10 pages. Entirely useless.

Insurance claim madeYes

Quick response when I was in hospital overseas!

This was a couple of years ago now, but I feel that I should give a good review after the great service I received. I got sick overseas, and ended up in hospital for four days. The hospital bill was nearly $5000, but I only had to pay the $100 excess - insure4less covered the rest. Since I was travelling alone, I managed to contact family in Australia who then called the company on my behalf - I only spoke to them very briefly (as I was too sick to really concentrate on a conversation) and then they let my mum and the hospital handle it all. On the day of my discharge it only took about 15 minutes before it was all sorted and organised. That was the BEST $60ish I ever spent on travel insurance. I've used them ever since!

Efficient processing, great premiums

My daughter's best friend was violently assaulted and her doctor requested my daughter (who was overseas) end her holiday to come and support her. I was concerned that the fact that the incident had not happened to my daughter that the claim would be refused. Despite the rather clinical process (no warm and fuzzy helpdesk here), the claim was speedily dealt with and approved and I am very grateful for the efficiency.

Stress Free Claims Service

I would also like to say thanks to insure4less for the prompt and helpful correspondence and communication I received whenever I asked questions or submitted documents. I thought making a claim with an insurance company would be very stressful but insure4less made it very straightforward. I was really unsure if I could continue my trip after the cost of returning home for my grandad's funeral. The approval of my claim meant that I could continue my travels so I am very grateful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Insure4less . Well you get less when you claim!

Due to heavy snowfall at Queenstown Airport New Zealand on 26 May 2014, Jetstar cancelled my flight to Sydney and then due to some major lack of organization on Jetstar's behalf (you have been warned!) I had to buy all new airfares to fly to Auckland with Air New Zealand and then return to Sydney with Jetstar, who easked me to buy a new ticket Auckland to Sydney So I lost my existing return flight and had to buy all new tickets. Including accommodation and meals my claim with Insure4less came to over $800.00
Originally I was attracted to their offer to insure me for mountaineering, which most insurers do not do. I thought Insure4less offered me a good value deal. So you can guess my anger and surprise today when I got notice of a payment for $250.00. Yes its something back but realistically, it is just over what I paid for the insurance, and 1/4 of my expenses that I lost.
Lousy. They needed extra documentation form the airline after I lodged my claim, so more work on my part to get something back. To cap it off when I called the brokers while my delays were happening in NZ I got the feeling that I was stranded with no help. They SMS'd me some sort of case number which really want much help at all. And getting through to their Brisbane office wasnt easy as mostly you get a recording and no call back. Its cheap insurance, but in may case, if you need it to actually pay you something back its a complete waste of money.
And a warning to any people looking for mountaineering insurance cover, I would not risk Insure4Less, after this experience I dont have any faith that you would be covered at all.
It was cheap and had mountaineering cover
They hardly pay anything back even if you have all the documentation. Calling from overseas? Good luck with getting any help!

Insure4less Travel Insurance

I have received my claim and would like to say how grateful and happy I am with the prompt and professional service I received with insure4less travel insurance. I highly recommend it! My dealings with them were easy in what was a stressful time. I will deal with them always now when I travel!
Reliable, friendly and prompt with my claim

Insurance claim madeYes

Great! unless you actually claim for something

Completely unhappy. it is now the 6th may and i've just received compensation for my baggage lost in early january. rather than receive any help from insure 4 less i was referred to gallagher bassett services, a decidedly unfriendly bunch who argued every single point with me every step of the way. i ended up receiving about 20% of what i claimed due to the "depreciation" of my items. 5 months down the road i may as well have received nothing and not had to jump through all of the hoops for all the good 20% will do me. now i have to consider whether i want to put myself through the presumably excruciating appeals process...

Don't go with insure4less

I took out there best insurance for my hike to Everest base camp on the way back, Lukla airport was closed due to bad weather and it was going to be like this for the next week so we all took a private helicopter back to Kathmandu.

The insurance company literally found a loophole that i could not find anywhere on there website or small print, about allowing them to deny my request for reimbursement for the $500 AUD cost of the helicopter travel.

After 2 formal letters signed by the CEO of the flight company that had to abandon the flight, receipts and everything else they would not refund the cost.

Worst people to deal with very incompetent on making claims if you chose them you won't get your money back.

Incompetent staff and they won't provide your money back

Insurance claim madeYes
Their excuse was that since I had left Lukla airport within 12 hours of my flights schedule time I was not applicable for reimbursement, which makes no sense since the air line didn't resume flying for the next several days but I'm still in a dispute with them so I'll see what happens. The other thing is I never saw anything on their disclosure statements/policies regarding a 12 hour minimum wait time, after the scheduled flight, before you can fly again either.

Thank you insure4less!

I just want to put it on record how thrilled our family was to have our precious son brought home after having a terrible accident in America. He was brought home on a stretcher and my husband and I were pleased to be able to meet one of the two nurses who accompanied him. The insure4less medical emergency team was fantastic  giving very personal and speedy  service. I appreciated being kept informed all along the way by emails and phone calls and was I very comfortable that the utmost was being done at all times to ensure my son's wellbeing. I would highly recommend insure4less.
Fast response, great customer service

Insurance claim madeYes

Airline gone bust - and no $$ back???

I used Insure4less on a trip to Africa. Unfortunately one of the airlines I was traveling with had gone out of business months before I travelled. I was not aware of this and when I turned up at the airport I simply didn't see my flight on the board and had to purchase an emergency ticket in the region of $500 AUD (in addition to the $250 previously paid....)

When I got home I submitted all the necessary paperwork. 2 weeks later I got a very long and complicated letter from the underwriters highlighting 2 obscure clases stating that they do not cover airlines going into administration and only cover travel delays, and apparently my flight was not 'delayed' as such.

What nonsense! If your airline going bust isn't an unforeseen travel emergency, what is???

Never again. I have advised all my friends against Insure4less, a total waste of money in my experience.

Nonsensical policies. Avoided paying claim by virtue of obscure clause

Great claims service

Speedy & efficient service regarding my claim, as someone who works in the insurance industry i appreciate how time consuming processing claims can be and was surprised and relieved at how easy the process was. I will be recommending this insurance to my friends & family.
Easy and quick claims