2.5

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (5)
Vanity

VanityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Covid19 No Travel No refund

Paid for policy in September 2019..for travel in May and June 2020. Obviously this trip never happened due to covid 19. Take note WEB BASED COMPANY only except for outsourced claims department. Tried communicating from March since lockdown regarding my policy and they won't issue a refund. Obviously their PDS shows no compassion or flexibility due to the current pandemic. Enjoy my money.

SoupyDelicious

SoupyDeliciousGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

When it came time, they were not there

I paid 140 AUD for a 2 month span in Europe, Medical only. Midway through my trip, I broke my front-right tooth pretty badly and got it sorted immediately. A little while later, got around to making a claim.

After A MONTH of waiting for a response, I was told "Sorry, your expenses are too low for us to do anything about."

So: read the fine print I 'spose, and perhaps try and injure yourself a little harder if you want some money back. Maybe I should have knocked a few more teeth out?

Stay away.

No Refund

I bought health insurance but my travel was cancelled. On the same day, I request the refund and Insure4less denied it. During more than a month, I sent a lot of e-mails, filled several forms and made many calls. They were always horrible.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Franziska G.

Franziska G.South East Queensland, QLD

Read the fine print!

I had an emergency visit to the doctors, which was under $200. I did not know that they don't cover bills under that amount. Read the fine print! Cheap insurance can cost you more!!!

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo

This company is a scam. Don't do it.

I filed a claim with this company for $1500 and they wouldn't reimburse me saying that I was considering a 'resident' of the country because I was in the country I was visiting for more than 3 months. I asked them to refund me because that meant I was never covered according to their loop hole, which didn't make any sense. They never returned my emails.

Matman

MatmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam Artists - Happy to take your money and deny claims

Had our car broken into at the beach, smashed window and grabbed bag from vehicle. Every correspondence via email takes 7-10 days to be answered. Only to find out not covered as the goods weren't in our immediate control? Hmmm robbed from a locked car and still not covered. Best book somewhere else....

Claim MadeYes
Laurie

LaurieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Scam artists - Do not use this Travel insurance company disgraceful business ethics

On the way home from a trip to Europe, my flight from Lisbon to London was delayed 1 1/2 hrs. Due to this delay we missed our connecting flight to Australia, Air Portugal who caused the flight delay put there hands in the air & said not their fault as our flight from London to Sydney was not linked to the Air Portugal ticket which is a rort in itself. Anyway had to buy 3 one way tickets to Australia costing aprox $2450. Got back to Australia put in a claim & was rejected. They advised that the time in London was not enough time to get a connecting flight & that Etihad want you there 3hrs before their departure time, this is contrary to what the boarding pass says of 90min which would of been enough time.

Dodo M.

Dodo M.

You need to pay at least $200 to be able to claim it

My medical bill was under $200 overseas and they said they only cover after $200 I spent there. So first $200 is out of your pocket no matter what. I understand it is my fault that I didn't read the very bottom of the page when purchasing this insurance but I really don't see the point of having had the insurance in the end. Good lesson learnt and I will never go with this company again.

Claim MadeYes
Keyur

KeyurSydney, NSW

This is worst Insurance Company ever

I had taken travel insurance and while traveling i lost my valuables in Taxi, they have rejected claim by saying its not covered

They don't cover for loss or theft, they have excuse for rejecting those claims, lost my 5K worth of Valuable and it's rejected because they can not explain the definition of Loss. For them loss happens only because of your negligence and they will reject your claim

this is not recomended at all

Alison L

Alison LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unhappy with the claims process

Peter

PeterBrisbane

Don't insure4less because you are likely to get less from you claim

RobertMaryborough, Queensland

You get what you pay for - no more. no less - "Insure for Less"

SallyR

SallyRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tiresome, terrible customer service

I have sent 5 emails now to their customer service team asking the same very simple question over and over again, having to rephrase it and provide different examples in a different way in hopes that they now understand. Pretty sure, last I checked my written communication was pretty good. While they do reply within 24 hours, its nothing but tiresome and frustrating when a very simple question cannot be answered the first or even second time. God help me, if I have to make a claim!

Insurance claim madeNo
Caroline

CarolineSydney, NSW

Amazing customer service

I am so impressed with the customer service. Whenever I have needed to contact them via email they have always responded quickly: I contacted them to change the name on my policy and received updated documents within half an hour! We have also needed to ask for an extension on our annual policy to increase the standard 31 days to 35 and this was done quickly and with no fuss.

Thanks so much for the great service, I would definitely recommend taking the annual policy!

Insurance claim madeNo

Beware of exclusions

So many exclusions and fine print, they will do everything to reject your claim, and take the maximum amount of time to do it. Make sure you read all 10 pages. Entirely useless.

Find out how insure4less compares to other Travel Insurance

Quick response when I was in hospital overseas!

This was a couple of years ago now, but I feel that I should give a good review after the great service I received. I got sick overseas, and ended up in hospital for four days. The hospital bill was nearly $5000, but I only had to pay the $100 excess - insure4less covered the rest. Since I was travelling alone, I managed to contact family in Australia who then called the company on my behalf - I only spoke to them very briefly (as I was too sick to really concentrate on a conversation) and then they let my mum and the hospital handle it all. On the day of my discharge it only took about 15 minutes before it was all sorted and organised. That was the BEST $60ish I ever spent on travel insurance. I've used them ever since!

Maria M

Maria MPerth, WA

Efficient processing, great premiums

My daughter's best friend was violently assaulted and her doctor requested my daughter (who was overseas) end her holiday to come and support her. I was concerned that the fact that the incident had not happened to my daughter that the claim would be refused. Despite the rather clinical process (no warm and fuzzy helpdesk here), the claim was speedily dealt with and approved and I am very grateful for the efficiency.

Kai Bryne

Kai BryneWollombi

Stress Free Claims Service

I would also like to say thanks to insure4less for the prompt and helpful correspondence and communication I received whenever I asked questions or submitted documents. I thought making a claim with an insurance company would be very stressful but insure4less made it very straightforward. I was really unsure if I could continue my trip after the cost of returning home for my grandad's funeral. The approval of my claim meant that I could continue my travels so I am very grateful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Insure4less . Well you get less when you claim!

lucyks87

lucyks87

Insure4less Travel Insurance

I have received my claim and would like to say how grateful and happy I am with the prompt and professional service I received with insure4less travel insurance. I highly recommend it! My dealings with them were easy in what was a stressful time. I will deal with them always now when I travel!
Reliable, friendly and prompt with my claim

Diego F.asked

Dear Insure4Less
I'm trying to refund my premium paid because my trip was cancelled. Can you check the status of the policy TI-200307-0110?
I hope to hear good news from you
Regards
Diego

barbara.crook

barbara.crookasked

insure4less

I would like to know if i could make a claim for my trip that was cancelled

Diego F.

I had the same problem....You can only pray...because they will do everything to not refund you.

Kathy F

Kathy Fasked

insure4less

we are doing a sailing holiday in greece next august,just wondering if your insurance will cover us.We will be part of a floatilla let by a fully experienced crewed boat ,however we crew our own boat.Seems most insurers want the experienced crew on the boat with you.Can you help ,or advise us on another insurer who can .thanks kathy.

Robert

Insure4Less do offer sailing insurance - see the link - http://www.sailinginsurance.net.au/ .......
However I can see the issue if you do not have any formal sailing qualifications and there is no actual skipper on your vessel.
How does the charter company you plan to use in Greece handle this issue anyway?
Ask more questions and research other overseas options - perhaps ask the charter company in Greece if they offer insurance or can recommend a policy?
Good luck!

Compare all 8 insure4less
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company
Maximum Age Covered 70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$20,000$10,000Not IncludedNot Included
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Resumption of Journey $2,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per day, up to $2,000$50 per day, up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$20,000$10,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500$250Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $500$250Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $2,000 (Cameras or Laptops)$500 (Any Item)$250 (Any Item)
Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000$3,500$2,500Not Included