insure4less

insure4less

Multi Trip and Single Trip

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This company is a scam. Don't do it.

I filed a claim with this company for $1500 and they wouldn't reimburse me saying that I was considering a 'resident' of the country because I was in the country I was visiting for more than 3 months. I asked them to refund me because that meant I was never covered according to their loop hole, which didn't make any sense. They never returned my emails.

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Matman

MatmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam Artists - Happy to take your money and deny claims

Had our car broken into at the beach, smashed window and grabbed bag from vehicle. Every correspondence via email takes 7-10 days to be answered. Only to find out not covered as the goods weren't in our immediate control? Hmmm robbed from a locked car and still not covered. Best book somewhere else....

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Laurie

LaurieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Scam artists - Do not use this Travel insurance company disgraceful business ethics

On the way home from a trip to Europe, my flight from Lisbon to London was delayed 1 1/2 hrs. Due to this delay we missed our connecting flight to Australia, Air Portugal who caused the flight delay put there hands in the air & said not their fault as our flight from London to Sydney was not linked to the Air Portugal ticket which is a rort in itself. Anyway had to buy 3 one way tickets to Australia costing aprox $2450. Got back to Australia put in a claim & was rejected. They advised that the time in London was not enough time to get a connecting flight & that Etihad want you there 3hrs before their departure time, this is contrary to what the boarding pass says of 90min which would of been enough time.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
Dodo M.

Dodo M.

You need to pay at least $200 to be able to claim it

My medical bill was under $200 overseas and they said they only cover after $200 I spent there. So first $200 is out of your pocket no matter what. I understand it is my fault that I didn't read the very bottom of the page when purchasing this insurance but I really don't see the point of having had the insurance in the end. Good lesson learnt and I will never go with this company again.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Keyur

KeyurSydney, NSW

This is worst Insurance Company ever

I had taken travel insurance and while traveling i lost my valuables in Taxi, they have rejected claim by saying its not covered

They don't cover for loss or theft, they have excuse for rejecting those claims, lost my 5K worth of Valuable and it's rejected because they can not explain the definition of Loss. For them loss happens only because of your negligence and they will reject your claim

this is not recomended at all

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Alison L

Alison LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unhappy with the claims process

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

Peter

PeterBrisbane

Don't insure4less because you are likely to get less from you claim

RobertMaryborough, Queensland

You get what you pay for - no more. no less - "Insure for Less"

SallyR

SallyRMelbourne

Tiresome, terrible customer service

I have sent 5 emails now to their customer service team asking the same very simple question over and over again, having to rephrase it and provide different examples in a different way in hopes that they now understand. Pretty sure, last I checked my written communication was pretty good. While they do reply within 24 hours, its nothing but tiresome and frustrating when a very simple question cannot be answered the first or even second time. God help me, if I have to make a claim!

Insurance claim madeNo
Caroline

CarolineSydney, NSW

Amazing customer service

I am so impressed with the customer service. Whenever I have needed to contact them via email they have always responded quickly: I contacted them to change the name on my policy and received updated documents within half an hour! We have also needed to ask for an extension on our annual policy to increase the standard 31 days to 35 and this was done quickly and with no fuss.

Thanks so much for the great service, I would definitely recommend taking the annual policy!

Insurance claim madeNo

Beware of exclusions

So many exclusions and fine print, they will do everything to reject your claim, and take the maximum amount of time to do it. Make sure you read all 10 pages. Entirely useless.

Insurance claim madeYes

Quick response when I was in hospital overseas!

This was a couple of years ago now, but I feel that I should give a good review after the great service I received. I got sick overseas, and ended up in hospital for four days. The hospital bill was nearly $5000, but I only had to pay the $100 excess - insure4less covered the rest. Since I was travelling alone, I managed to contact family in Australia who then called the company on my behalf - I only spoke to them very briefly (as I was too sick to really concentrate on a conversation) and then they let my mum and the hospital handle it all. On the day of my discharge it only took about 15 minutes before it was all sorted and organised. That was the BEST $60ish I ever spent on travel insurance. I've used them ever since!

Maria M

Maria MPerth, WA

Efficient processing, great premiums

My daughter's best friend was violently assaulted and her doctor requested my daughter (who was overseas) end her holiday to come and support her. I was concerned that the fact that the incident had not happened to my daughter that the claim would be refused. Despite the rather clinical process (no warm and fuzzy helpdesk here), the claim was speedily dealt with and approved and I am very grateful for the efficiency.

Kai Bryne

Kai BryneWollombi

Stress Free Claims Service

I would also like to say thanks to insure4less for the prompt and helpful correspondence and communication I received whenever I asked questions or submitted documents. I thought making a claim with an insurance company would be very stressful but insure4less made it very straightforward. I was really unsure if I could continue my trip after the cost of returning home for my grandad's funeral. The approval of my claim meant that I could continue my travels so I am very grateful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Insure4less . Well you get less when you claim!

lucyks87

lucyks87

Insure4less Travel Insurance

I have received my claim and would like to say how grateful and happy I am with the prompt and professional service I received with insure4less travel insurance. I highly recommend it! My dealings with them were easy in what was a stressful time. I will deal with them always now when I travel!
Reliable, friendly and prompt with my claim

cdavis

cdavisMelbourne

Great! unless you actually claim for something

Completely unhappy. it is now the 6th may and i've just received compensation for my baggage lost in early january. rather than receive any help from insure 4 less i was referred to gallagher bassett services, a decidedly unfriendly bunch who argued every single point with me every step of the way. i ended up receiving about 20% of what i claimed due to the "depreciation" of my items. 5 months down the road i may as well have received nothing and not had to jump through all of the hoops for all the good 20% will do me. now i have to consider whether i want to put myself through the presumably excruciating appeals process...

Don't go with insure4less

Darren
Darren

Thank you insure4less!

I just want to put it on record how thrilled our family was to have our precious son brought home after having a terrible accident in America. He was brought home on a stretcher and my husband and I were pleased to be able to meet one of the two nurses who accompanied him. The insure4less medical emergency team was fantastic  giving very personal and speedy  service. I appreciated being kept informed all along the way by emails and phone calls and was I very comfortable that the utmost was being done at all times to ensure my son's wellbeing. I would highly recommend insure4less.
Fast response, great customer service

Insurance claim madeYes

Airline gone bust - and no $$ back???

Kathy F

Kathy Fasked

we are doing a sailing holiday in greece next august,just wondering if your insurance will cover us.We will be part of a floatilla let by a fully experienced crewed boat ,however we crew our own boat.Seems most insurers want the experienced crew on the boat with you.Can you help ,or advise us on another insurer who can .thanks kathy.

Robert

Insure4Less do offer sailing insurance - see the link - http://www.sailinginsurance.net.au/ .......
However I can see the issue if you do not have any formal sailing qualifications and there is no actual skipper on your vessel.
How does the charter company you plan to use in Greece handle this issue anyway?
Ask more questions and research other overseas options - perhaps ask the charter company in Greece if they offer insurance or can recommend a policy?
Good luck!

Sam

Samasked

Im going to Japan next year which is very exciting. Although there is no risk yet, I am worried about the whole North Korea thing. Insure4Less seems to be the only company that covers for the cost of cancelation due to war and civil unrest. Does anyone have any knowledge or information about how they would cover IF (god forbid) anything was to happen before my trip?

Tegan L.
Tegan L.

They respond pretty quickly to emailed questions, so I suggest you sent them an email :)

Robert

I think you will have a great trip!
You need to make a choice based on best advice at the time.
Knowingly entering a conflict zone voids insurance.
Should be claimable if you cancel due to government travel advisory.
Go and have fun...Japan is lovely.

Irene

Ireneasked

My husband and I are going to Bali for a 10 days holiday from Australia .. He may want to go white water rafting .. will this be covered if he has an accident ??? Also would like to cover my engagement ring for $5000.00 .. but notice the cover only allows up to $ 500.00 for personal items.. Can I insure for this as an optional extra ??
Irene

opensea64
opensea64

My experience was they only paid me for the maximum allowable (in my case travel delay) . I'd be very careful with this company. I had better opinion of them until i went to make a claim. Felt like i was dealing with a shelf company after that...

Get an answer from our members and insure4less representatives

1 review
insure4less Single Trip - Excel Plus

insure4less Single Trip - Excel Plus

No reviews
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Email Address travel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.autravel@insure4less.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company
Maximum Age Covered 70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$20,000Not IncludedNot Included$10,000$20,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$2,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$2,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $1,000$75per day, up to $2,000Not IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $1,000$75 per day, up to $2,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$20,000Not IncludedNot Included$10,000$20,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250$500Not IncludedNot Included$250$500
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$250$500Not IncludedNot Included$250$500
Maximum Single Item Limit $250 (Any Item)$500 (Any Item)$2,000 (Cameras or Laptops)$250 (Any Item)$500 (Any Item)$2,000 (Cameras or Laptops)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not IncludedIncluded $2,500$3,500$5,000Not Included$2,500$3,500$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$5,000,000.00$7,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$5,000,000.00$7,500,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedNot Included$1,500$3,000Not IncludedNot Included$1,500$3,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages