Ionmax ION632

Ionmax ION632

MPN: ION632

Great quality dehumidifier

I bought one of these, manufacturer refurbished for well under half their retail price, and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. After some research I chose this model, recommended by Choice and rated highly on PR, and I was particularly looking for a desiccant dehumidifier as they apparently work just as well in the cold as they do in the warm weather, plus (in my mind, at least) there seem like there are fewer things that can go wrong with them. This one has exceeded expectations.

The fan is a little noisy on high, but that would be my only complaint and it's better than the constant low hum of a compressor. It holds 3.5L in the tank and includes a continuous drainage outlet so you never need to empty it if it's placed near a drain. The controls are easy to use and it includes a handy off-timer. Would definitely recommend to others, particularly if you can find one cheap.

Would Recommend

After researching for ages, decided to buy this one after all the good reviews and I do not regret it.
I also bought another brand so I could compare, luckily both were good.
We have this in our bathroom en suite and we tip out bucket loads of water daily.
It actually warms up the room so no need to put on air con as well.
Dries out the shower cubicle and the bath towels nicely.
Comes with 2 year warranty.
Do not like things going mouldy in the house.
Our cupboard doors and skirting would have mould so hopefully time will tell if it will fix this problem.
We love it so far and would not be without it.
Bought off Ebay when they had their 10% off offer and also won it at an auction.

Perfect dehumidifier

Amazing dehumidifier. Bought as windows and bathroom were condensing over the winter months and Mould was beginning to grow and spread. Running the 632 for an hour clears up the excess water, smells and dampness around the house. Tank is super easy to empty and collects a lot of water. No complaints here!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

AMAZING

We ordered this out of desperation after our kitchen was invaded by mould and I had to throw out the sea salt as it turned to liquid in the pantry. It arrived the very next day (yesterday) and we had it on for five hours in the afternoon/evening. This morning the tank was almost full of water and there was NO condensation not the windows or walls this morning (usually they would be dripping each morning. Walking into the kitchen first thing was like walking into a freezing cold pool. So cold and damp).

It absolutely does what it says it does. I am very happy and look forward to using it all winter long.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fantastic- it makes a huge difference to the air quality

I use this every day and move it to different rooms in my houses whenever I notice condensation on windows. It collects at least 3 litres of water a day on automatic and the improvement in air quality is noticeable. I've had it for 4 years now and it's still operating perfectly..

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Does exactly what it should!

Got this machine off eBay for $500. Extracts a lot of moisture from our house. Condensation on our windows is 80% less than it used to be; and that is only with the machine running 4 hours a day. It is doing so well that I am upping the time we use it for. Really happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Works well

We moved to a new house and discovered pretty quickly that our study was on a damp patch of the plot and shaded by trees which meant mould on our piles of paper and even on some of our books! The machine is quite noisy so we only switch it on when we aren't in the room but it does a great job and the amount of water that we pour out each day is incredible.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Unbelievable Result!

Of course I'd heard about mould, but I had never experienced it myself.

Lived for the past few years with condensation on the windows, especially so in winter. Never suspected that it would affect clothing in the bedroom cupboard . . . until one day I noticed 'mould' on one particular jacket. Prompted me to inspect other items of clothing - i.e.. not worn for some time.

Horrified to discover mould on at least 60% of our clothes.

Threw the whole lot out!

(Not covered in the small print of our Household Insurance Policy.)

Subsequently learned about Desiccant Dehumidifiers.

Highly rated by 'Choice,' we decided to go with the IonMax Ion632 from 'Healthy Home Today'. Best price.
Arrived within a few days.

Since extracted several litres of condensation from the bedroom, in the middle of summer!

Unbelievable!!

Best product we have ever bought.

If you live in a climate with humidity, this product is a MUST.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Love it!!

I was looking for a dehumidifier after our house started leaking and mould starting growing on the wall.
I researched all models and I found this one to be the best value for money.
I paid $500 July 2016.

I am so happy with this machine, so happy.
It does exactly what it says.
It removes so much water.
It's taken away the smell.
No more condensation.

I wish I had purchased one earlier.

Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Love it

I've had my Ionmax about three years now and I couldn't be more happy with its performance. The amount of water the Ionmax removes from our house is truly amazing. It takes away that mouldy smell that you get when the house has been closed up. I wouldn't be without it, especially in rainy, damp weather. It's not a quiet appliance, so I just put it on in the daytime

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Fixed my condensation problem

I have floor to ceiling glass windows and every winter, I have a really bad problem with condensation to the point water is dripping from the windows onto the carpet.
I received this last night and I've been running it for 14 hours, it has collected approximately 8L of water and I can't believe my eyes. No condensation on the windows!
I absolutely recommend this to those of you with condensation issues, this really works!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Really Easy to Repair

The unit started making a grinding sound and the desiccant wheel stopped turning. It turns out the 5rpm microwave motor inside had seized up. You can order this part for about $10-15 on eBay as it's a standard part you can modify slightly to fit. However I just took it apart, cleaned and regreased the unit and it was back up and running better than before. Keep up the good work guys, these are really well made devices.

Perfect! A must for the Tropics.

We bought two ION632 dehumidifiers several months ago. We live in Cairns and our house boarders the rainforest. In frustration after washing everything in the house for the 3rd time last wet season I started researching dehumidifiers. With 2 we now have the moisture under control and no mould. I çan not recommended them highly enough. I ordered them on line and they arrived within 5 days.

Efficient ! Worth my money !

I find this product very efficient. I had a humidity problem before in our house particularly the basement area.
too much moisture, made our home a breeding ground for mold and mildew, when i bought this unit ion632 months ago...it made a difference! No more musty smell and odor...

Desiccant dehumidifiers like this have no replaceable parts, either. Just maintain the filter as per manual's instructions and it will last as the machine.

Excellent supplier

I ordered the dehumidifier online and it arrived 2 days later with free delivery.
The price was around $200 less than that quoted in Choice where this model was top of the list.
They also have a 5% senior's discount.

Completely stopped chronic condensation problem

I couldn't recommend this strongly enough. We moved into our two bed flat in Summer, but noticed at the beginning of Autumn that every window was getting condensation, which got progressively worse. The wooden frames were constantly damp and mould started to grow around the sills. We decided to get the 632 model rather than a smaller model because the problem was so bad. It has been fantastic; there's no longer condensation on any window, and I can have a shower with it on and the mirror doesn't even fog up. We've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure yet how long we need to keep it on to stop the condensation developing, but I think quite a lot. This will mean an increase in our energy bills, but it's worth it to combat the mould problem. It's very easy to use, the buttons are all very self explanatory and the bucket is simple to remove and put back. The noise is equivalent to a fan or heater, so it's not so loud that it bothers you. The only thing I didn't find on other reviews was that occasionally it makes a noise like a tap has been turned on a tiny bit - basically a dribble of water. I think that's the water pooling, but it's not very often and I imagine all models do this. I bought mine from dehumidifiers online, and they were much cheaper than elsewhere, and it arrived two days after I ordered it. We will be using this for many years to come! Love it!

Efficient and fast! Can't live without it

This unit has been a lifesaver since I bought it. Desperate for a dehumidifier I bought the Choice review on dehumidifiers, saw this was rated #1. After a few phone calls and emails to different stores, confirmed that this was indeed the 'best choice' and after finding the cheapest price online, bought it! It has since removed the nasty mould and condensation problem in my apartment!

This unit is also super efficient. I leave it outside my bathroom door which is also near my bedroom door, and at night it also acts as a heater during winter. Really really handy. Not too noisy, it's just the same noise level as my fan. It's energy efficient as well, has some preset modes and turns itself off once it's done 'dehumidifying' the air. I connect it to the drainage hole in the laundry area so I don't have to keep track of the tank. After a couple of hours I find that it has removed the moisture from my bathroom, and also my living area where there used to be a lot of condensation and mould on the windows!

Had a slight problem with the company when I first got the product but that was incredibly quickly fixed with a phone call to the company I bought it from, and the manufacturer called me right after to fix the problem and even registered my warranty for me.

Overall such a good experience and loving the product. I used it a lot during winter and now am finding it useful as the months get colder.
Efficient, pre-set modes, easy to use, quiet
Bulky, takes up space