magicone58

magicone58AU

Great travel insurance company

I've been using iTrek for years on recommendation from a family member who used them before. On my last trip I had an accidental fall and due to the injury I had to cancel my onward journey. My main loss was the cost of cancelled flights and tour booking with some medical expenses too. Fortunately iTrek made my claim easy. Thanks!

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimMedical, Other and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Laura D.

Laura D.Canberra 2600, ACT

Online claim submission for the win

I took out a policy last year for a trip to the Florida. Due to back to back flight delays I missed my Sydney flight. As I waited to board my new flight home the following day, I got a reminder email from iTrek that my insurance was due to lapse. I extended my policy in the nick of time and was even able to start uploading my documentation for a claim in LAX thanks to online submissions.

My claim was cleared promptly and in full. I would love to sign up for travel insurance again for my soon upcoming trip but it appears they no longer have a $0 excess option which was a lifesaver and is a policy essential for me.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Ness

NessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent!!!

Unfortunately I injured my knee on the Kokoda trail and was unable to walk. iTrek organised chopper airlift, hospital, hotel and early flight back home. Amazing service and definitely recommend!

DestinationAustralia

delayed flight

Brett

BrettPerth

I would go elsewhere

I wanted to cancel my trip due to my mother unexpectedly needing major surgery. I trek said it was a pre-existing condition even though the illness came as a complete surprise to my mother and everyone else! Typical insurance company will try everything to avoid a claim!!!

Pat

PatBrisbane

Amazing service

The iTrek team were extremely helpful throughout the issues I encountered whilst travelling. Very supportive, patient and happy to help. My positive experience continued when I returned from my trip and lodged my claim online which was paid within two working days. I could not be happier and will definitely purchase travel insurance from iTrek again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Huge disappointment on very small claim

Have used Itrek for 6 years. First claim for repairs to two chipped teeth when I bit down on chicken bone. Repairs cost $80 less $50 excess= $30 claim. Wont pay. Have submitted all paperwork but making excuses. Rip off.

Shades

ShadesBrisbane

Very positive experience

ITrek rip offs

Shocking company to deal with and a total rip off when you have the need to make a claim. They will find any excuse and reason to deny your claim. I travel frequently overseas and tried them for the first time recently but never again. Definitely look elsewhere.

Andrew C.iTrek

Don't leave home without it!

In comparison with other companies the police is very good value. It couldn't be easier to setup and was all done online. I didn't need any customer support this time but have used it in the past and found it to be excellent.

Insurance claim madeNo

So easy to apply and understand

Never made a claim, touch wood! Always been an easy process to apply and be covered for my trips, even did one at the airport before China and had the details sent straight to my phone. Easy as!

Barry Dobbie

Barry DobbieHunter Region, NSW

Enjoyed good health. no claim. thanks again.

Also Have gover for December cruise. Royal Caribbean from Syney to Fiji, New Calodonia.
European vacation was excellent had no health issues. No claim needed. Thank you. Great cover for travel insurance. Easy cover and friendly staff.

Great quick holiday reassurance

Great value for families, quick and simple to obtain. Always had excellent customer service in the past even when claiming. Will continue to use iTrek insurance for all my trips in the future.

Not needed!

Easy peasy online, good value, didn't need to make a claim, but wouldn't travel with out insurance. Good to be asked to give feedback on my return. I would recommend iTrek to my friends and family.

Barbara K.iTrek

Great no fuss travel insurance

Excellent value for money and very very easy submitting and payment for policy online. Just what our travelling group of five adults required. I would definetly use again and recommended to friends.

Reassured

I was reassured by having comprehensive insurance while travelling in a developing country. It was easy to apply and pay online. I luckily didn't need to use the company, but I will take out insurance on my next adventure.

KT.

KT.

Great value and customer service

It was very easy to purchase insurance with good customer support and it was the best value for my trip. Unfortunately I had to make a claim, this was a very simple and quick process. The staff on the emergency line were great.

Barbara K.iTrek

Was nice to have a safety net

Policy was good value compared to other sites. I didn't need to use it however appeared to cover all the important things such as helicopter evacuation if required. Thank you.

Would recommend.

Cant comment about ease of making a claim as I didn't have too, but when purchasing found it was extremely simple ..not to mention cost competitive. Have already recommended it to friends who are thinking about riding larger motorbikes overseas

Kath Roberts

Kath Robertsasked

I will be trekking to Everest Base Camp with a tour group. If I add the trekking pack to my policy will I be covered if I need to be flown out due to illness or accident. Do I also need to add the snow sports pack, will only be walking. Thank you Kath Roberts

Daniela Torres

Daniela Torresasked

Can I buy a travel insurance with this company if my country of residence is Colombia?

Hi Daniela,

Unfortunately, iTrek do not have a policy that would appear to suit your insurance needs, as it is an Australian based company.

However, our sister company 1Cover Travel Insurance offers an 'Already Overseas' policy. Please note, that to qualify for this policy you must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen and your trip must end in Australia, not Colombia.

I hope that answers your question?

Kind regards,
Kieran at iTrek.

Aaron Pakenham

Aaron Pakenhamasked

I am a UK citizen who has been leaving in Australia for the best year. I need insurance for travelling home. On the way back i will be in Malaysia for 10 days and in Nepal for three weeks. Who would i best insuring myself with that cover trekking but also cover a non-Australian resident?

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately we can only provide travel insurance to residents or citizens of Australia when they are travelling overseas.

Kind regards,
Kieran at itrek.

Get an answer from our members and iTrek representatives