Online claim submission for the win

I took out a policy last year for a trip to the Florida. Due to back to back flight delays I missed my Sydney flight. As I waited to board my new flight home the following day, I got a reminder email from iTrek that my insurance was due to lapse. I extended my policy in the nick of time and was even able to start uploading my documentation for a claim in LAX thanks to online submissions.

My claim was cleared promptly and in full. I would love to sign up for travel insurance again for my soon upcoming trip but it appears they no longer have a $0 excess option which was a lifesaver and is a policy essential for me.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Hi Laura, I'm so glad to hear that we were able to help you out with your claim and that you found the online process so easy. We have had some changes to our policies including the excess level but we still offer our great service when it comes to making a claim. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, keeping an open line of communication is how we improve our service. Thank you, Sophie@itrek

Excellent!!!

Unfortunately I injured my knee on the Kokoda trail and was unable to walk. iTrek organised chopper airlift, hospital, hotel and early flight back home. Amazing service and definitely recommend!

DestinationAustralia
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Ness, I am so pleased that our emergency assistance and claims teams were able to help out and make such a traumatic event that bit better for you. It's always encouraging to hear our customers talk so positively about their claims experience with us. Providing legendary service is always our goal! I hope you are doing well with your recovery and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Sophie@itrek

Injured ankle in Tokyo.

Took out a 1 year policy with their highest level of cover.
While in Tokyo, I was carrying some shopping and slipped on some liquid on the subway stairs. I fell down a considerable number of them to the bottom, badly damaging my ankle among other less serious injuries. Due to the injury I could not walk or put weight on the leg for over three weeks. It has taken a year to heal fully.
Itrek paid for my hospital visit, crutches and a business class flight at short notice, so that I could continue my round the world trip with my two friends on to Italy.
They were very helpful and saved me a significant amount of money that I would have had to spend on hospital visits and flight changes due to not being able to bend my leg for a few weeks.
The reason that they deserve so much credit, is because they actually took into account my situation and worked with me to keep me on my trip.
They could have just sent me home to Australia. I guess they may have decided to continue my trip because then I would have claimed all future bookings and a 5k car lease that I could not use, BUT they chose to DO THE RIGHT THING. Find another insurance company that does that went given a choice. It took them half a day to decide, but I GREATLY appreciate their help and will continue to use them and recommend them to anyone who asks.
The on call first aid nurse was also a lovely lady who did her best to help me. Thank you.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Trent, Happy to hear that our emergency assistance and claims teams were able to help out and make such a traumatic event that bit better for you. I hope your ankle has made a complete recovery. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, it's heart-warming to hear such kind words about our team. We look forward to providing you cover on your next trip! Regards, Sophie@ITREK

delayed flight

When our overseas transport, our flight, was delayed, it meant that we would not arrive on time.
We caught the next flight possible.
this is the response.
first uploaded receipts - they said they did not get them
emailed PDF's and JPG's - they said unable to open them
recompiled with alternate programs - they accepted them
Section 13 Alternate Transport Expenses, states
“We will pay your Reasonable additional travel expenses to reach a wedding, funeral, conference, sporting event or prepaid travel/tour arrangements on time if your scheduled overseas transport is cancelled, delayed, shortened or diverted and that means you would not arrive on time.
Our prepaid travel/tour arrangement was to arrive in Brisbane, prepaid on the 1/9/2018.
they replied
"We appreciate you wanted to return home from your trip on time, however, arriving home is not a planned event"
then
" Pre-booked tour arrangements in this instance refer to tours provided by tour operated by tour companies and guides.
Self guided arrangements are not considered tours."
They constantly quote words that are not in their PDS or refer you sections that mean where you don’t meet the criteria. they try to discourage you off from claiming.

I would go elsewhere

I wanted to cancel my trip due to my mother unexpectedly needing major surgery. I trek said it was a pre-existing condition even though the illness came as a complete surprise to my mother and everyone else! Typical insurance company will try everything to avoid a claim!!!

Amazing service

The iTrek team were extremely helpful throughout the issues I encountered whilst travelling. Very supportive, patient and happy to help. My positive experience continued when I returned from my trip and lodged my claim online which was paid within two working days. I could not be happier and will definitely purchase travel insurance from iTrek again.

Insurance claim madeYes

Huge disappointment on very small claim

Have used Itrek for 6 years. First claim for repairs to two chipped teeth when I bit down on chicken bone. Repairs cost $80 less $50 excess= $30 claim. Wont pay. Have submitted all paperwork but making excuses. Rip off.

Very positive experience

The pioneer policy was the best price for value I could find but when i tried to get it online there were some glitches. However their customer service is great. The lady gave me an extra 15% off because the website was playing up, was very happy with that. After it was all setup I was very relieved. Unfortunately my luggage with all my warm clothes was lost by airline when I went to Canada! The customer service was great again, very helpful and clear. I didn’t end up claiming because I got my bag back after a few days but it was good to know I was covered. While in New York I had my laptop stolen, which was devastating but I was able to make a claim and I got payment very promptly. My only suggestion would be that they make the Claim online form a little better, especially because you can only enter an 8 digit bank account number or less but mine is 9! A quick call fixed that up though, so I have only good to say about iTrek overall.

ITrek rip offs

Shocking company to deal with and a total rip off when you have the need to make a claim. They will find any excuse and reason to deny your claim. I travel frequently overseas and tried them for the first time recently but never again. Definitely look elsewhere.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, Keeping an open dialogue with our customers is how we improve our service, so thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the outcome of your claim. However, you can choose to have your claim escalated and reviewed by an independent panel if you wish. To organise a review please email your policy details to complaints@1cover.com.au, or you can call our team on 1300 369 883. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at communications@1cover.com.au. I would be more than happy to discuss our claims process with you and answer any questions you may have. Kind regards, Kieran at 1Cover.

Don't leave home without it!

In comparison with other companies the police is very good value. It couldn't be easier to setup and was all done online. I didn't need any customer support this time but have used it in the past and found it to be excellent.

Insurance claim madeNo

So easy to apply and understand

Never made a claim, touch wood! Always been an easy process to apply and be covered for my trips, even did one at the airport before China and had the details sent straight to my phone. Easy as!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Kirsty, Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in us. We appreciate your trust and we'll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. Thank you for choosing itrek and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Enjoyed good health. no claim. thanks again.

Also Have gover for December cruise. Royal Caribbean from Syney to Fiji, New Calodonia.
European vacation was excellent had no health issues. No claim needed. Thank you. Great cover for travel insurance. Easy cover and friendly staff.

Great quick holiday reassurance

Great value for families, quick and simple to obtain. Always had excellent customer service in the past even when claiming. Will continue to use iTrek insurance for all my trips in the future.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Elaine, It's always encouraging to hear that we are providing our customers with the exceptional service that they deserve! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Not needed!

Easy peasy online, good value, didn't need to make a claim, but wouldn't travel with out insurance. Good to be asked to give feedback on my return. I would recommend iTrek to my friends and family.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Louise, Glad to hear you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Keeping an open dialogue with our customers is how we improve our service, so it's great to hear your feedback! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Great no fuss travel insurance

Excellent value for money and very very easy submitting and payment for policy online. Just what our travelling group of five adults required. I would definetly use again and recommended to friends.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Barb, Glad to hear you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you for choosing itrek and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Kind regards, Kieran at 1Cover.Hi Barb, Glad to hear you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you for choosing itrek and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Kind regards, Kieran at 1Cover.

Reassured

I was reassured by having comprehensive insurance while travelling in a developing country. It was easy to apply and pay online. I luckily didn't need to use the company, but I will take out insurance on my next adventure.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great value and customer service

It was very easy to purchase insurance with good customer support and it was the best value for my trip. Unfortunately I had to make a claim, this was a very simple and quick process. The staff on the emergency line were great.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi there, It's a shame to hear that you ran into trouble overseas. I hope everything turned out OK? It's always encouraging to hear that we were able to help a customer in trouble :) We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Was nice to have a safety net

Policy was good value compared to other sites. I didn't need to use it however appeared to cover all the important things such as helicopter evacuation if required. Thank you.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Mark, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thanks for choosing itrek and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Would recommend.

Cant comment about ease of making a claim as I didn't have too, but when purchasing found it was extremely simple ..not to mention cost competitive. Have already recommended it to friends who are thinking about riding larger motorbikes overseas

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Tony, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's great to hear our policies suited your needs! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

Simple and cost effective.

Insurance required for 7 day cruise to New Caledonia. Most competitive quote for amount of cover. Easy, user friendly process to set up policy online. Didn't have to claim so unsure of that element of customer service.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Bec, I'm glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thanks for choosing itrek and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Kind regards, Kieran at 1Cover.

I will be trekking to Everest Base Camp with a tour group. If I add the trekking pack to my policy will I be covered if I need to be flown out due to illness or accident. Do I also need to add the snow sports pack, will only be walking. Thank you Kath Roberts

Can I buy a travel insurance with this company if my country of residence is Colombia?
Hi Daniela, Unfortunately, iTrek do not have a policy that would appear to suit your insurance needs, as it is an Australian based company. However, our sister company 1Cover Travel Insurance offers an 'Already Overseas' policy. Please note, that to qualify for this policy you must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen and your trip must end in Australia, not Colombia. I hope that answers your question? Kind regards, Kieran at iTrek.

I am a UK citizen who has been leaving in Australia for the best year. I need insurance for travelling home. On the way back i will be in Malaysia for 10 days and in Nepal for three weeks. Who would i best insuring myself with that cover trekking but also cover a non-Australian resident?
Hi Aaron, Unfortunately we can only provide travel insurance to residents or citizens of Australia when they are travelling overseas. Kind regards, Kieran at itrek.

iTrek Comprehensive Travel InsuranceiTrek Medical Only Travel InsuranceiTrek Essentials Travel InsuranceiTrek Long Term Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 870 4981300 870 4981300 870 4981300 870 498
Email Address info@itrek.com.auinfo@itrek.com.auinfo@itrek.com.auinfo@itrek.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYesYesYes
Accidental Death$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$25,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $1,500Not IncludedNot Included$1,500
Hospital Cash Allowance$5,000 (up to $50 each day)Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (up to $50 each day)
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses$15,000$15,000$15,000$15,000
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage $250 after 12 hoursNot Included$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$2,500 (combined with Travel Documents)Not IncludedNot Included$2,500
Travel Documents / Passport $2,500 (combined with Credit Card fraud)Not IncludedNot Included$2,500 (combined with Credit Card fraud)
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computers & cameras), $1,000 (tablets & mobile phones), $750 (unspecified items)Not Included$500 (computers & cameras), $500 (tablets & mobile phones), $500 (unspecified items)$3,000 (computers & cameras), $1,000 (tablets & mobile phones), $750 (unspecified items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000Not Included$2,500$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$2,500,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $4,000 plus up to an additional $4,000 as an optional extraNot IncludedNot Included$4,000 plus up to an additional $4,000 as an optional extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included