Jaycar Electronics

Jaycar Electronics

Physical Store, Online Store

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (28)

Val

ValSydney, NSW

they sell rubbish products with no support.

Store Locationjaycar masden park
Product PurchasedConcord CNK8848P-A

Vck

Vck

Jaycar advertised for out of stock items all the times, some of those items that they advertised never sold by them

At now Jaycar average feedback is 2.2 out 5 stars from 171 reviews, this is ridiculous for a popular store, how can you trust them! . You will often find from Google search that they do not remove add for out of stock items that they were like heavily discounted like even more than 90% off. We are not stupid if you advertised for something that not even sold by you or never available, this tactic does not work

A.T.T

A.T.TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Return policy

Tried returning an item to be told he considered it to be a used item. I asked why he consider it as used and was told it had some scratches on it. The item was stored in the shop as a loose item, with many others, no blister pack or protection whatsoever so any blemishes could have been caused by that. Not an expensive item, thankfully, however they also sell expensive items, be careful.

Store LocationLabrador Qld
sydney w.

sydney w.

Jaycar don’t stock RC Drone batteries

Had great expectations shopping at a local Australian retailer for electronic goods. I was chasing a spare 550mAh RC Drone battery. I Walked around the store for 15mins, finally I went & asked a staff member about Drone batteries. He took my sample away then returned, “no we don’t have it”. Then walked off before I could ask another question.

Store LocationCaringbah

Luke J.

Luke J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Chinese Crap at full price

Reference ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeo_hv-8bHI
Darn, so annoyed I spent a fortune at Jaycar on eneloop batteries, thinking they where the premium brand of old, instead of Chinese crap. Guess its off to IKEA (see my link - its explains how IKEA batteries are coming out of the Japanese factory with the same specs at the top-rated eneloop pro batteries). Pity, I used to like going to Jaycar, guess I'll think twice before buying anything there now.

Store LocationAltona
Product PurchasedEneloop AA rechargeable batteries

Riccochet

RiccochetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Selling rotten <eBay merch, Chinese rubbish for kids that doesn't work

Better off at Kmart these days, quality lacks and my kid is disappointed at Christmas. Boo to purchasing for this one (Boo hiss) and the product code is KJ8972. What a shame Jaycar has gone the way of the 2 dollar shop. Just don't go there hoping for the quality that used to be found there.

Roger

RogerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

1500VA UPS from Jaycar

My 1500VA UPS worked well for two years. It broke down just after the 2yr warranty ended. I took it to Jaycar and the people there were good enough to test it out and confirm its the unit and not the batteries and I need to buy a new one. I was not prepared to folk out $300 plus for a new unit. I think they should have offered another (May be under consumer warranty) and perhaps charge me for the new batteries as they are consumables. I would stay away from these units.

Store LocationJaycar Kew High Street
Warranty Claim MadeYes

My2cents

My2centsPeel, WA

Professional Honest Service.

The Mandurah store was easy to find. Its much bigger than it looks from the outside. Staff were very knowledgeable and honest about products from every price range, usage, best suited for my needs regardless of the price. These guys are the best I have encountered in a long time. A bit on the serious side, but aren't all enthusiasts.

Store Location1/78 Pinjarra Rd, Mandurah
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Scamming, Illegal, Crafty, Very Dodgy!

Extremely dodgy store. [name removed] and [name removed] from online work together to scam people. All in on it. Ordered online, site said free $50 giftcard with giftcard. Pretended i didnt even make an order, i had proof, then they shipped it. Not my free gift. Then modified website illegally after i made purchase. Dodgy in everyway. Do not purchase from this store. Heaps more dodgy stuff to the story but thats to keep it short.

jstockingsis

jstockingsisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Prompt services !

For online ordering I have had great experiences. Speedy product delivery and handling time. Perfect for me and will continue to order through their website. Good selection of products and easy to navigate website. Tops

Product PurchasedRCA cables

Sam.B

Sam.BPerth, WA

Not good, Nor bad

The store is alright they have a nice setup and staff will help you, but i found it took the staff about 10 minuets to try find a product and another 10 minutes just to tell me there were no stock left.

I was looking for a standard connection that would be used by a lot of people and they had no stock. So there stock is a big limited.

I have had some good buys there but its cheaper to buy somewhere else such as an online shop where its instant to find and pay and you are getting the best deal.

Store LocationPerth

Darren C.

Darren C.Illawarra, NSW

Poor quality.

Store LocationOak Flats

Illegal, rude, incompetent service

WARNING this company is extremely dodgy, has illegal policies and the manager on today (morbidly unhealthy and smelled atrocious) was extremely demeaning and insulting about my purchases at his store. I ensured him the refund was arranged prior to me coming in and that he cannot deny me replacing with the correct product due to their incompetence.

After contacting head office and being told the WA area manager will contact me today I am not surprised that no contact was made.

TLDR; appallingly rude and illegal service, denies refunds of incorrectly supplied (unused/unopened) product.

Store LocationO’Connor
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Customer service, terrible, 0 star. Going to eBay and Amazon.

Sydney, York St store. Waiting at the counter to pay and the lady just served the customer she was with, the customer stood right in front of me as if i was not there, the nerve of him. Threw my item on the counter and walk out.
Gonna spend my money on eBay and Amazon.

Store LocationSydney, York Street
Norm Roberts

Norm RobertsSouth East Queensland, QLD

We don't have lines at the counter??

Store LocationBiggera Waters

Courteous and professional manner

I would like to acknowledge the courteous and professional manner in which Greg always greets his customers at the Hornsby store. He goes the extra mile to cater to your needs without pushing any particular product. It is refreshing in this day and age to witness someone with a "CAN DO" attitude and actually listens to what you want/need before offering his advice..

Store LocationHornsby
Product PurchasedDick Smith Am/Fm Portable Radio

Turtle

TurtleNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Don't work for long if at all

12v camping shower worked exactly 3 times took 4 hours and 3 return visits to retailer to get it replaced and then the replacement didn't even work once terrible product

Store LocationBurnie Tasmania

wyrmbait

wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jaycar - Lots of Stuff - Staff Good & Bad at Times - Products Quality is the Problem.

I have been using jaycar on and off for some time, simple stuff that doesn't break is ok. Duratech tools aren't to bad for a example. The problem is, they are an electrical store and most of the stuff they sell based on electronics is such low quality that it fails, doesnt work very well, is dangerous to what you connect it to and is just plain crap. When i go to jaycar i expect low quality items and is a last resort. Even trying to buy a cige 12volt plug is crap, i should have got online. Ebay would be better quality.

And the staff rarely help you even when they make eye contact with you and there is no one else needing help.

Store Locationburleigh
Warranty Claim MadeNo

No Long-Term Support for Tools.

Pat

PatSouth West, WA

Excellent Customer Service Bunbury Western Australia

We had some problems with an item that we purchased from Jaycar. On returning to the Bunbury store, Brian the sales person was absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for him. Unfortunately we had to return to the store on a few more occasions for assistance. Troy, Store Manager was also fantastic in assisting us. We highly recommend the store as customer service is alive and well at Jaycar Bunbury. Thank you so much.

Store LocationBunbury

A.Shaw

A.Shawasked

Opening times over Easter

Bob r

Bob rasked

can I use battery protector AA-0262 to keep an auxiliary battery toped up?

KPO967
KPO967

The AA0262 battery protector is not a battery charger. It is designed to be installed in-between a device which requires power from a power source, and a battery. The device cuts the power when the battery voltage drops to a preset voltage. This prevents the battery from being destroyed (for example a 12v battery getting drained to 5v).

GAVINB

GAVINBasked

Hi,
I'm considering the purchase of the Jaycar 9" Monitor http://www.jaycar.com.au/Sight-%26-Sound-Car/In-Car-Entertainment/TFT-Screens/9%22-High-Resolution-Auto-LCD-Monitor-with-HDMI-Input/p/QM3874
I intend to install this Monitor in an open boat so sunlight readilibity and weatherproofing are a consideration. Has anyone bought this item and / or used it in a similar situation? Any feedback on quality of image display and durability much appreciated.
GEB

G. Beard
G. Beard

Weatherproofing and keeping the salt air out without overheating the monitor are going to be your biggest problems. Also I would suggest looking at what dx.com has because you could get the same monitor from them for less than half the price. I bought the 7" TFT monitor from dx.com for my car reversing camera and it's fairly bright and just isn't viewable when the sun is shining directly on it.