See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very good value, after 8 weeks of vanning, we are still happy with purchase decision but.......

Waste water drainage poor, the design of same is worrying, the issue is masked for those that have a grey water tank. Simple but not inexpensive to rectify.
Large kitchen draws fall out in transit, the draw slides are the cheapest available. Why oh why.
The Window click clack struts are so light [like pre stressed comalco alfoil], we had failures where they lock out full extended and will not go in.
Fancy LED outside light on roll out looks good but with only one external light on van wall, cooking after dark using the drop down table is a dim affair.
Many of the external storage spaces/ boxes etc and the tunnel boot [that is mostly inaccessible] are simply impractical.
The instant hot water [Gas] is great for long showerers, but wastes a significant amount of water before it gets warm, free campers would need to catch that water lest they runout [ 5-10 litres every time]. It also means a modest increase in operating costs for Gas.
We have had the large side door on slide out draw come open numerous times in transit causing damage. [in spite of using rubber wedges to secure].
Ensuite door securing padbolt fails to stayed located, door comes open and will cause damage unless secured by other means, simple fix but how such an oversight occurred surprises.
Jayco are silent on the need for vertical support poles for the roll out awning and do not supply any, if/when heavy Annexe side used, the stress would I expect cause damage to the mechanism/ bracing on van side wall.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bayswater Jayco for $80,000.00.

Mileage 6,000 km
Car ModelLand Cruiser 200 series
Off-roading Performance

I think it will be a great van once all poor accessories are repaired!

Brand new2019 model just picked up,back twice in a week,Side boxlocks & side gas doors won’t lock & burst open,satellite tv didn’t work, paint defects, leaking shower,oxidisation on stone guard bolts,Alexa issues.

Purchased in July 2019 at Watson’s Caravans Port Macquarie .

Mileage 500 km
Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R Sahara 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo

Great van

We’ve had six vans to date and our 2019 silverline is by far best.No problems to tow in any weather.With the four cameras and the esc braking makes a very relaxing drive.Also no need for self levellers.No problems with it to date.An all round great van.

Purchased in February 2019.

Happy with our Silverline

We purchased ours a 2016 second hand but basically new. We have travelled 40,000 mile so far travelling Australia. We stick mostly to bitumen but have hit the dirt with no issues. We have had very minor issues such as a broken draw handle, table lounge sag due to no support for the side of the storage door, they were easy fixes. We purchased ours from Halls in Mildura who are great to deal with both purchasing and servicing. Would I purchase another, yes. They tow great for a large van with comfort plus and handle Australian conditions if you drive to the conditions with a few mods, such as foam covering over pvc and break wires, also fitted a rock guard. We have the double slide out and wouldn't be without it.

Purchased in June 2017 at Halls Mildura.

Car ModelNissan Navara NP300
Off-roading Performance

POOR BUILD QUALITY

Purchased a 2016 Jayco Silverline 21.65-3 recently and it was just 3 years old and with little use.
I would say that I am fussy, having worked hard all my life for those retirement benefits.
The build quality on this van leaves a lot to be desired, shoddy fittings, careless front lounge construction, additional screw holes where they shouldn't be and overall poor quality assurance. I must have purchased a Monday or Friday van !!!. Won't ever buy a new one for the price.

Purchased in May 2019.

Mileage 5 km
Interior Build Quality

Faulty Dometic Windows in Jayco Silverline.

We have a 2016 Jayco Silverline Outback. Having worked hard to afford a luxury van, we are very careful to follow all manufacturers instructions. While sitting in a fully enclosed shed between trips the bathroom window developed cracks, top and bottom. The dealer where we bought the van, Jayco and Dometic have all failed to help in any way. The Dometic employee continually accused us of using chemicals to clean the van with, that must have damaged the window. I assured him verbally and by email that was not the case and if it were, why was the damage to only one window??? I have seen reviews from other owners stating the same issue. Beware of Jayco's windows, they will not admit to faults.

Purchased in March 2016 at Brisbane Camperland for $72,000.00.

Mileage 20,000 km

SHOCKER

We bought this caravan in November 2016 brand new. Parked it at home - NEVER USED for various reasons. 3 windows broke on 1 side - nothing we did - just appear to be heat stressed. Told the Dealer - they did a lot of huffing and puffing and nothing happened. They have the van and keep blaming the window manufacturer who in turn said it is out of warranty or maybe you used the wrong wash product on the caravan that caused only 3 windows to break. Amazing they appear not to want to tell me what material is used on the windows and show me any test results to confirm the suitability of said product for the task they are made for. And getting management of Jayco to do anything or at least get in contact with them is really difficult. they are TEFLON to customers. would I recommend Jayco NO WAY.

Purchased in November 2016 for $68,000.00.

Interior Build Quality

Great looking van however its been plagued with faults.

Our 2014 Silverline was supplied to us with existing faults at the handover. Thought it would be easy to get them repaired. How wrong where we. It took months to get into a dealer to have it repaired & they did a shocking job. It then went to an independent repairer to have it done correctly. A wall then swelled due to a major water leak. The selling dealership carried out the repair & its still not completely finalized after 18 months. Jayco are great value for money however product quality & service is appauling. Going to Melb Caravan show this weekend to find a replacement. NOT a Jayco. been there done that .

Purchased in December 2014.

Interior Build Quality

Comfortable & looks the part but only skin deep

Jayco have managed to get some things right, handling excellent, comfortable yes, materials used second class sat dish hopless in wind similar to local tv antenna both are sloppy or not fitted correctly reception drops out in wind.
I had cause to move the infa red sensor for the SatTV as it was around the corner from where we sit only to find that the shelf holding the radio & sat king units were fitted with double sided tape.(REALLY) While doing this I noticed the wiring hidden out of sight was a pigsty as it is above the fridge.(BIRDSNEST)
We to have had issues as we are on an extended trip so far across 4 states having warranty repairs fixed seems to be just to much hassle for many of the dealers or is it that Jayco don't like paying for these?
Warranty repairs are the responsibility of Jayco under consumer law yet when trying to have the Aircon rectified 1 dealer told us we didn't have the temp set correctly. The same dealer who we had booked 5 weeks prior had 4 warranty issues to attend to 1 was the aircon didn't manage to fix any yet on delivery in the morning we had to accept a minium charge.
How to turn customers against a brand as we are seems the only dealer who is interested is the 1 where the van was purchased.
We are out of pocket for 3 nights accommodation while our van had the Aircon fixed by a refrigeration company not Jayco they didn't want to know us.
Would we recommend Jayco NO look else where seek a company who TAKES RESPONSIBILITY and look behind the facade. When you spend approx $90k for a product you are intitled to expect a quality item without defects seems the QUALITY CONTROL IS THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY for Jayco

Floor PlanFront Club Lounge

An off-road family apartment

I love this caravan. I upgraded from a 21.65/4 silver line outback. Just went to the dealer to buy a cover for my old one after washing it. Chucked the young fella on the bunk bed and he went spaz. Me and the missus are like “ we’ll have to get bunk beds at some point”. We got offered a sensational deal since it was the demo with all the fruit so took it.

Couldn’t be happier. Has an incredible amount of storage which far surpasses the 21.65/4. Has a storage door with access to the bottom bunk. This is incredibly handy to access the Same storage from inside and outside. It has so many toolboxes and storage we used to have to pack the old one carefully. With this one there’s no shortage of space to chuck stuff. I haven’t ever filled the storage in a trip there’s always space left over.

The trade off with the bunks was a smaller bathroom since I only go there to crap and shower it’s not a problem compromise. The mega storage offsets sny concerns there. Who wants to go away in the caravan and spend time in thebathrooom anyways.

The club lounge fits my whole family including the grandparents for dinner quite comfortably.

It also looks mad with the custom graphics kit. With the sat dish and antennae up it looks like a space station. And epic one at that.

Rows incredible behind my v8 WH and my SRT. Can still pull this epic beast with my new trackhawk so happy days.

Also love the outside entertaining unit and generator storage.

Floor Plan25.78-6

Poor quality control ex factory.

We owned a 23ft Sterling for 9 years with only 2 warranty items which were fixed very easily. We bought a new 21ft Silverline late last year and have had nothing but problems with it. We have had to have a total of 36 separate defects rectified under warranty, most of which should have been found and fixed prior to the van leaving the factory. The Jayco service centres and staff have been very helpful in dealing with our problems and managed to rectify most of the faults at the first attempt. On our most recent trip of 7 weeks we had to visit 5 different Jayco service centres in two different states. This was very time consuming and frustrating, to say the least. I sent the Jayco National Sales and Service Managers an email detailing all these faults and suggesting they should review their quality control systems and all I received in return was an email from a customer relations advisor thanking me for my feedback and understanding my frustration! Hopefully all the faults have now been fixed and we have many future years of happy camping however I fear the worst as it is now out of warranty. I used to recommend the Jayco brand to one and all however I now advise people to be very wary of the quality of their products and to get it thoroughly checked prior to delivery if they buy a Jayco caravan. We have spoken to many other Silverline owners on our travels and most have a similar tale of a considerable number of defects in the first few months of use. Apart from the above, the van is very comfortable and tows well.

Floor PlanFront club lounge.

Silverline Consrtucion First Class

We have a 24.75 Jayco Silverline Outback 2015 Our first trip around was around Australia 3 months and 25,000 k 95% on tar sealed roads,its our third trip around the block all in Jayco vans.we have only had minor warranty problems. The construction is first class we had a B Double hit the back of our van with some 100 mile an hour tape up job we drove away B Double needed 2 large tow trucks, I have photos.
I can not speak too highly of our Silverline only one problem we have been unable to fix, we ordered our van with 3 water tanks, but the pump wont suck water from the 3rd tank at the back of van, and never has.

Jayco Van Beautiful

We have travelled most of the country in it, on all sorts of weathered roads and in all sorts of weather conditions, including cyclonic - no leaks, however she isnt a fan of the wind! The height on the van makes it difficult to tow on extreme windy days - which is fairly normal I think.
It tows beautifully otherwise, and with the brake lock system ( tried and tested) this is an amazing piece to ensure the van does not leave the road. Other than some issues with the springs initially which Jayco have had changed under our warranty, we are having an amazing experience with our Jayco van.

So many problems, poor build standard

Where do I start , freezer won’t freeze we were told freezer in Caravans are not meant to freeze , 9 months later lots of return visits we had it all replaced , bed broke, ensuite door falls off had to go back twice before it was fixed , shower not draining, leaking roof and windows , brakes not working properly from day one only just repaired a month ago , sink popped , hole in fibreglass , water leaking out of shower, cupboards dropped, table edge ver sharp , rip zip on chair came away , that’s a few of the issues we have lots more issues latest is windows cracking while van sitting in driveway. Are we happy with our Silverline the answer would be a big NO

Floor Plan21.5 with slideout

Solar a no no.

Just found out our 2018 Jayco Silverlines panel system is only good for 2/3 days free camping, even with full sun. We used 2 hours tv and one set of lights for the same time and when necessary, the water pump. Jayco advise this is about right! Whats the use of solar panels if you can only do 2 days, and have to carry a generator.

Faulty wiring

Found faulty wiring in my three year old Silverline Outback 25ft we ordered and took delivery in October 2015 there were some lights not working when I went to check the van prior to going on holiday. 10amp light fuse was blown. As I am and electrician I proceeded to fault find why?? Found the wires supplying the shower LED and exhaust fan had burnt through the wires insulation and shorted the active and neutral wires together. You could see evidence of a burn but lucky the fuse blew. Could have been worse if the van caught on fire. The two wires were squashed, that would be due to factory installation within the ceiling. This is our third 25ft Jayco and never had anything like this before.

Floor PlanOutback Silverline

Our second Silverline

We purchased our second silverline in July and love its ease of towing and layout. The slide out bed allows great room to move about. This 2018 model however h as had a number of issues the worse being the fridge door. We are now on our second one..this is a shame because its the best operating fridge we have had. This pf course needs to be addressed by Dometic.
Secondly we have had three of our cupboards lock up which Jayco agent will address but have to put up with it for 2 months while travelling.
Then there is a similar water filling issue and spurting & spluttering taps as Blog said on his post. The system seems to be sucking air all the time.
Sometimes decorative is not always best and maybe stop trending so much.
We do a lot of free camping and just love it..good shower and heaps of internal storage.
Our Jayco dealer at Orange NSW has been very helpful with all faults

Floor Plan21.5 slide out bed

Problem after problem

We purchased our 2018 Jayco Silverline in march of this year, we have had nothing but problems, water tanks not filling completely, tv stopped working after 1 week, we had 13 problems in all in the first 3 months, left it until the service as 3hrs away, thought we were sorted after travelling down main highway hatch door opened cracked the side of the caravan, screws were loose on almost all of the outside doors, to make it worse were told it wasn't their fault.....remember just had a service!! The owner dealer we had to deal with was extremely rude, not the first time i might add. Since then the awning lights, one section is fading door jams stuck, and tonight just found the front panel is coming off the fridge door. NIGHTMARE they are a lovely set up, but who is doing the QC. Would like our money back, such a dissapointment. If you have any sense don't buy. Only interested in the money not the customer who has to deal with all the crap that comes with these caravans.

Floor Plan21ft

What a great van

This is the 2nd van we have owned. We were initially cautious as there were a number of comments about the Jayco build quality.
Our experience so far has been fantastic - we purchased a late 2016 24foot silverline , the finish and build quality is superb. The service we received from George Day in Perth made the experience even more enjoyable.

Floor Plan24 foot

It is a caravan park van not a free camping van

The quality fit and finish is good. So far so good with reliability. The van is very comfortable and easy to tow.There is a serious shortage of outside storage which is very important

Floor PlanSilverline

looking to purchase a new Jayco 25.78-5 van anybody out there got one, if so any feed back please
Sorry Mick, I have a new 21.653 and dont know much about the 25 foot big fella. Hope you have a big gun towing vehicle. I had a 3.5 Tonne 23.6 Off Road van with an upgraded 200 series pulling it and decided it was less than as safe as I wanted. Bob

We have a brand new 21.65 silver line journey we have tv on the right as you walk in the door with all the connections etc above the 12 volt plug and wineguard signal finder there are two switches above does anyone know what these are for TIA
We have the same enquiry with our new 21.653 Van. The TV worked fine without using the switches. Maybe call the selling Dealer. Sorry cannot assist. Bob

Hi, my gas oven does not heat up to more than 150c. Cooking pies or sausage rolls with pastry takes approx 2 hrs to cook and brown. Had to throw scones out last week, doughy after being cooked for 1.5 hrs and not even brown. I bought a thermometer and placed it in the oven and it only heats 150c. The flame remains the same height during every use. The flame does not reduce at all, even though Manuel says it is supposed to, and still only reaches 150c For the first year we cooked outside as we only did short trips. Now we are on the road permanently I require a reliable oven. Any ideas as what may be the problem?
I understand that the Gas Regulators [between gas bottle and appliances] are prone to failure. It would be one possibility causing poor gas flow?There are some inferior quality ones available so if you were to replace get a better quality one. Of course there are safety issues when installing gas fittings so the rule book says you should use a licensed plumber/gas fitter.thank you for your advice , something to look into.