See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nothing but trouble

Has anyone had trouble with water leaking down the outside handle light and causing the wall vinyl to crack due to the water running inside the cavity? Also we have just started having trouble with our wheels the left ones over heating and screeching noises even worse when braking.

Purchased in March 2018 for $90.00.

Mileage 7,000 km
Car ModelFord Ranger

Bob G.Gippsland, VIC

Very good value, after 8 weeks of vanning, we are still happy with purchase decision but.......

Purchased in May 2019 at Bayswater Jayco for $80,000.00.

Mileage 6,000 km
Car ModelLand Cruiser 200 series
Off-roading Performance
Retirement Dream

Retirement DreamMid North Coast, NSW

I think it will be a great van once all poor accessories are repaired!

Brand new2019 model just picked up,back twice in a week,Side boxlocks & side gas doors won’t lock & burst open,satellite tv didn’t work, paint defects, leaking shower,oxidisation on stone guard bolts,Alexa issues.

Purchased in July 2019 at Watson’s Caravans Port Macquarie .

Mileage 500 km
Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R Sahara 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo
Teresa L.

Teresa L.Perth, WA

Great van

We’ve had six vans to date and our 2019 silverline is by far best.No problems to tow in any weather.With the four cameras and the esc braking makes a very relaxing drive.Also no need for self levellers.No problems with it to date.An all round great van.

Purchased in February 2019.

Teresa Pitt

Teresa PittFar West, NSW

Happy with our Silverline

We purchased ours a 2016 second hand but basically new. We have travelled 40,000 mile so far travelling Australia. We stick mostly to bitumen but have hit the dirt with no issues. We have had very minor issues such as a broken draw handle, table lounge sag due to no support for the side of the storage door, they were easy fixes. We purchased ours from Halls in Mildura who are great to deal with both purchasing and servicing. Would I purchase another, yes. They tow great for a large van with comfort plus and handle Australian conditions if you drive to the conditions with a few mods, such as foam covering over pvc and break wires, also fitted a rock guard. We have the double slide out and wouldn't be without it.

Purchased in June 2017 at Halls Mildura.

Car ModelNissan Navara NP300
Off-roading Performance

POOR BUILD QUALITY

Purchased a 2016 Jayco Silverline 21.65-3 recently and it was just 3 years old and with little use.
I would say that I am fussy, having worked hard all my life for those retirement benefits.
The build quality on this van leaves a lot to be desired, shoddy fittings, careless front lounge construction, additional screw holes where they shouldn't be and overall poor quality assurance. I must have purchased a Monday or Friday van !!!. Won't ever buy a new one for the price.

Purchased in May 2019.

Mileage 5 km

Maree Schull

Maree Schull

Faulty Dometic Windows in Jayco Silverline.

We have a 2016 Jayco Silverline Outback. Having worked hard to afford a luxury van, we are very careful to follow all manufacturers instructions. While sitting in a fully enclosed shed between trips the bathroom window developed cracks, top and bottom. The dealer where we bought the van, Jayco and Dometic have all failed to help in any way. The Dometic employee continually accused us of using chemicals to clean the van with, that must have damaged the window. I assured him verbally and by email that was not the case and if it were, why was the damage to only one window??? I have seen reviews from other owners stating the same issue. Beware of Jayco's windows, they will not admit to faults.

Purchased in March 2016 at Brisbane Camperland for $72,000.00.

Mileage 20,000 km

Des

DesSydney, NSW

SHOCKER

Purchased in November 2016 for $68,000.00.

Chris

ChrisVictoria

Great looking van however its been plagued with faults.

Our 2014 Silverline was supplied to us with existing faults at the handover. Thought it would be easy to get them repaired. How wrong where we. It took months to get into a dealer to have it repaired & they did a shocking job. It then went to an independent repairer to have it done correctly. A wall then swelled due to a major water leak. The selling dealership carried out the repair & its still not completely finalized after 18 months. Jayco are great value for money however product quality & service is appauling. Going to Melb Caravan show this weekend to find a replacement. NOT a Jayco. been there done that .

Purchased in December 2014.

brauny

braunyYeppoon, Queensland

Comfortable & looks the part but only skin deep

Floor PlanFront Club Lounge

Swiftyc

SwiftycPerth, WA

An off-road family apartment

Floor Plan25.78-6

Harry K.

Harry K.Brisbane

Poor quality control ex factory.

Floor PlanFront club lounge.

Gordon

GordonMudgeeraba

Silverline Consrtucion First Class

We have a 24.75 Jayco Silverline Outback 2015 Our first trip around was around Australia 3 months and 25,000 k 95% on tar sealed roads,its our third trip around the block all in Jayco vans.we have only had minor warranty problems. The construction is first class we had a B Double hit the back of our van with some 100 mile an hour tape up job we drove away B Double needed 2 large tow trucks, I have photos.
I can not speak too highly of our Silverline only one problem we have been unable to fix, we ordered our van with 3 water tanks, but the pump wont suck water from the 3rd tank at the back of van, and never has.

Helen

HelenDarwin

Jayco Van Beautiful

We have travelled most of the country in it, on all sorts of weathered roads and in all sorts of weather conditions, including cyclonic - no leaks, however she isnt a fan of the wind! The height on the van makes it difficult to tow on extreme windy days - which is fairly normal I think.
It tows beautifully otherwise, and with the brake lock system ( tried and tested) this is an amazing piece to ensure the van does not leave the road. Other than some issues with the springs initially which Jayco have had changed under our warranty, we are having an amazing experience with our Jayco van.

So many problems, poor build standard

Where do I start , freezer won’t freeze we were told freezer in Caravans are not meant to freeze , 9 months later lots of return visits we had it all replaced , bed broke, ensuite door falls off had to go back twice before it was fixed , shower not draining, leaking roof and windows , brakes not working properly from day one only just repaired a month ago , sink popped , hole in fibreglass , water leaking out of shower, cupboards dropped, table edge ver sharp , rip zip on chair came away , that’s a few of the issues we have lots more issues latest is windows cracking while van sitting in driveway. Are we happy with our Silverline the answer would be a big NO

Floor Plan21.5 with slideout
Garry M

Garry MGrafton,nsw

Solar a no no.

Just found out our 2018 Jayco Silverlines panel system is only good for 2/3 days free camping, even with full sun. We used 2 hours tv and one set of lights for the same time and when necessary, the water pump. Jayco advise this is about right! Whats the use of solar panels if you can only do 2 days, and have to carry a generator.

Milo

MiloHobart, TAS

Faulty wiring

Found faulty wiring in my three year old Silverline Outback 25ft we ordered and took delivery in October 2015 there were some lights not working when I went to check the van prior to going on holiday. 10amp light fuse was blown. As I am and electrician I proceeded to fault find why?? Found the wires supplying the shower LED and exhaust fan had burnt through the wires insulation and shorted the active and neutral wires together. You could see evidence of a burn but lucky the fuse blew. Could have been worse if the van caught on fire. The two wires were squashed, that would be due to factory installation within the ceiling. This is our third 25ft Jayco and never had anything like this before.

Floor PlanOutback Silverline

Our second Silverline

Floor Plan21.5 slide out bed

Problem after problem

Floor Plan21ft

Neilz

Neilzperth

What a great van

This is the 2nd van we have owned. We were initially cautious as there were a number of comments about the Jayco build quality.
Our experience so far has been fantastic - we purchased a late 2016 24foot silverline , the finish and build quality is superb. The service we received from George Day in Perth made the experience even more enjoyable.

Floor Plan24 foot

Neil D.

Neil D.asked

How do I clean caravan roof

Lloyd

Lloydasked

I have a dometic fridge RMD 8555 and when connected to the car the fridge is not working correctly, the 12 volt flashes for a while then stops flashing but when I close the doors it starts again.
I have checked my car anderson plug and all good, check caravan fuses all good, cannot find a fuse in the fridge?? But if the fuse was blown then the 12 volt would not flash I assume.

Is it the relay??? or element or am I missing something???

I have done a video check out the link below

Can anybody help???

Sorry Lloyd I am unable to offer any solution

Sharon and kevinasked

Hi , we have a jayco silverline 21.6ft. 2018 model. Our fridge goes from ceiling to floor. My question is when it rains there is water coming in from under the fridge. The awning is constantly out. It drips onto the wheel arch. There's not a lot but if you leave it without a cloth under it you can see it pooling up and running out of the cupboard. Has anyone else had this problem.. my husband has been up on roof and done some silicone treatment but still leaking.

Bob G.

Sorry unable to assist with the water leak issue, it could be coming from anywhere - roof seems likely. Take pictures and refer to selling Dealer or if away search for local Jayco Dealer. Warrants careful inspection.

Thanks Bob.. Will do.. cheers

Get an answer from our members and Jayco representatives