JB Hi-Fi
2.3 from 1,849 reviews

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bought a new Kindle and case but the case is wrong one

I'm about to go overseas and it was suggested I buy a kindle. After doing some research I went to JB Hi-Fi.
they had the new paperwhite kindle, which I bought and on the shelf next to it they gave a choice of 2 types of case, a fabric variety and a leather one. I chose the fabric one, however disappointingly when I got it home discovered that the case is too small for the kindle I purchased.
Not sure why this was not mentioned at the service desk when I bought it or why even they were on the shelves next the to the paperwhite kindles (the only ones available).
Very disappointed!

Store LocationMacquarie Centre
Product PurchasedAmazon Kindle Paperwhite

Locked Blu Ray Cases and Missing Parts of Order

Online JBHIFI selection is quite good, but Toll delivery can be hit and miss, although my latest delivery has reverted back to Aust Post and was delivered 3 days earlier than expected. The problem is that unlike JBHIFI's huge online competitor that ships from a central warehouse (and generally for free shipping) JBHIFI have repeatedly shipped parts of the same order to me from different warehouses / stores all over the country and from different States. I received part of my 9 Blu Ray order on a Saturday morning from Aust Post but the missing part of the same order is supposed to be coming on the following Wednesday from a different warehouse / store in a different state. I'm sure orders could be fulfilled more efficiently if shipped and handled from a central warehouse within the one State of Australia.
From this early delivery of 8 blu rays, two (2) of the cases were locked and I had 2 choices. Either take the Blu Ray to my nearest JB to have it opened by their unlocking machine with the receipt, or simply to just wreck the case without damaging the disc. Inattention by shipping staff on an online order like this is unforgiveable. I may have well gone into my local JB and bought the discs instead of online ordering or even better ordered the selection from the large online competitor for a cheaper price and free delivery.

Worst customer service ever

I’ve placed an order last week and they have promised that it would be delivered by Tuesday . Today is Friday and nobody answers my emails . I had only a reply from them saying “ any reason why you have sent us that many emails ?
Please stay away from them .

Nikon D850

I was looking for a new Nikon D850 Camera and it became a choice between JB HiFi and another local store. When I visited the JB HiFI store the sales people were lovely and immediately reduced the price of the camera to below that of the other shop. They then gave me an excellent discount on a battery grip. I have always found JB HiFi to be a very good store, and this latest interaction has cemented them in my mind as a great place to shop.

Store LocationJB HiFI Westfields Penrith

Express Shipping

I pre-ordered a new release CD and paid the extra for express shipping, not realizing that JB hi fi's & TOLL's definition of express shipping was 5 days. I never knew that overnight shipping meant 5 days. I will never buy from JB hi fi again or use TOLL again. Both have very poor customer service. TOLL's call centre is based in the Phillippines and they had no idea where my closest TOLL depot was.

Smart TV at an Amazing price

With so much choice JB HiFi offered great advice for our needs. We intended to look at several stores before making a purchase but once we were in the store we didn't bother looking elsewhere.

Store LocationMandurah
Product PurchasedSmart TV

Has all of the tech our teens could need

Not always the cheapest, but often so. My kids love looking at all the tech, gadgets and electronics on display. I have often negotiated a great deal when buying more expensive items.
Sometime click and collect is painful and once a person behind the counter was obnoxious, but someone took over and the job got done.

Store LocationChirnside Park
Product PurchasedLaptop

customer service hell

Liverpool Jb Hifi customer service was seriously bad. Bought a macbook pro, lady didn't ask any questions related to my purchase and basically ignored me until i passed over the money. I also had to initiate the discount conversation by asking if they price matched apple refurbs....awkward

I'm new to apple and didn't know about the dongles and adapters problem so i continue with my purchase and head home to unbox. checking for a cable that might be missing since i'm super newb to this, i realised! that if the customer service representative actually paid attention to me and showed interest toward my purchase, i would have walked out with every peripheral needed. pretty sure standard practice is to bring the tech person over when someone is buying a laptop ?

I was not asked what size ssd i would need or how much ram and what type of cpu i expected (basically the opening for the representative to flaunt interpersonal skills in duty of JB Hifi's mission as a business.) highlighting customer satisfaction.

Digressing ... so the weirdest part was the sales rep asked me to check on my phone for deals on other websites. it was soo awkward it felt like they can't afford it or something, and it left me feeling like i can't bring myself to even return it if something were to happen.

I walked out with what i paid for, but feel cheated as if i'm missing something. the essential process of experienced customer service skills blowing me away!

seriously Jb Hifi i'm sure at least one of your employee's has shopped at apple and experienced the level of customer service. Once you take a look at how it's done, you might not have to deal with this hell hole of bad reviews on most of your stores. (not highlighting the good ones here obviously..)

Store Locationliverpool Jb Hifi
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedMacbook pro 13"

Excellence Of Jb Hi Fi

JB HI fi is excellent. I can find any electric thing in JB HI FI. I don't want to go any where finding things. There are so many good quality things

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Will not Honour their own ticketed price

Would not honour a ticketed price on a pre ordered game. Simply stated that the price could change by the time the game was released (rendering the point of preordering reduntant) and then simply ignoring the price attached to the preorder. The sales person simply didnt acknowledge the the game type. (in this case a delux edition). I have photo graphed every element of this and look forward to passin gthis onto ACCC and this easily a breach.
Enjoy your fine JB

Store Locationwetherill Park

Buyer Beware * 0 stars*

Bought laptop from JB Hi fi Capalaba. There was an issue with the keyboard randomly not working . I took the laptop back to jb within its 12 month warranty and explained the issue in store. Very rude guy immediately dismissed my claim saying the laptop must have been dropped and stating that I would have to pay for it to be fixed and it would take six weeks! He didn’t even open it to see the issue. I walked out and have since took it to a smaller independent shop who have fixed the issue.
Jb hi fi just want your money and actively go out of there way to make any claim as difficult as possible. I won’t be buying anything else from their stores.

Store LocationCapalaba
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedLaptop

poor service - Carseldine Brisbane

Been to JB HI FI Carseldine regularly as it is my local store, service just gets worse every time, if you know what you want great, if you need service best look across the street. The gentlemen who work there are less to be impressed, have had back store staff swearing to each other while bring stock from back room area, before talking about what they are doing with women on weekends, ( really vulgar ) when i was one isle away with children,other times male staff very unprofessional when they turn volume up on equipment full to try and show off to other (young) customers annoying the rest of the whole store while they are trying to shop ( last time it happened i walked out and purchased across the street), went there last weekend / last time, tried to get some assistance to buy a new TV , three male staff members all lazing around back of store playing a guitar and singing (poorly) then arguing amongst themselves it wasn't in tune. How about do your job and serve a customer. Seriously , there used to be good older male staff extremely helpfull , very polite, that is why they had me as a customer, now just young clowns,once again i went next door and purchased my new big screen. I keep giving them the benifit of the doubt but just keep getting let down by this store, the ladies there seem quite helpfull, the male staff is a free for all clown show. Last time , i will either drive 1/2 hour further to the next JB or just buy elsewhere from now on.

Store LocationCarseldine

Avoid this Rubbish online store, They use Toll - The worst carrier you can get

Toll left a card in my mailbox saying they missed me, I called 2 days later. First call they told me the parcel is with the driver. After receiving a text msg later from Toll saying the parcel is delivered. I called again, Toll then advised my parcel was taken to a collection point. I was smart enough to ask for the phone number of the collection point and gave them a call ,the parcel never arrived to the appointed address.
I brought up this issue with JB Hifi online , unexpectedly , JB Hifi online CS along with Toll treat their customers they same. Dishonest, unreliable. Misleading information were sent to again and again. Just never offered replacements nor refund. I am glad I did not agree to stay home and wait for their delivery from Toll as JB HIfi CS suggested. Checked online review for Toll , doubt Toll will ever show up on time. Now my parcel is missing and I am waiting for both of these 2 rubbish companies to give me an update. Doubt there will be a solution from JBhifi. They just ignore your reasonable request like Toll does. These 2 companies are twin brothers. Online rating are similar , people would give 0 if they could !Stay away !Never use JBhifi again.

Product PurchasedOnline store

Intrest in the customer

Objective sales team, intrest in the customer extra help given with a smile, knowledge of the product certainly helped.
Unfortunately slow at the cashiers counter more staff required.
Pacific Fair store

Product PurchasedPacific Fair

If your parcel gets lost by JB Hi-Fi's courier, they will not help you to recover your item. Be careful

JB Hi-Fi and Australian Post have been ignoring the fact that a parcel was lost.
JB Hi-Fi approach is, we gave it to AusPost, so you need to solve the issue with them.
So you are left alone and without the support of the sender to solve the issue.
The latest from them has been, it is not our issue, so we will close the case.

Thanks JB Hi-Fi

Good morning Alberto,
Thanks for your email this morning.
As per the previous correspondence from both Australia Post and my colleagues, unfortunately, due to the fact that the courier has conducted the necessary and required audit checks to conclude their investigation into this matter, after determining that this consignment has in fact been delivered to the correct address as listed on your order, I regret to inform you that we are unable to assist further.
Due to this, we will now be closing this enquiry.
We do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you feel there is the possibility of theft at play here, I highly suggest filing a report with your local authorities.
Kind regards,
[name removed] | Online Customer Service | JB Hi-Fi Online
Australia: [weblink removed] | New Zealand: [weblink removed]

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy Wireless Charger

Zero stars if I could

I had 2 issues with jb hifi in the last 3 months. I being a valid discount voucher not being applied to my purchase - not a huge deal but when I emailed them about it they didn’t even bother acknowledging my email.
Second time I was sent a text allegedly from jb hifi saying I won a second price in a competition. I emailed jb hifi if it was real or a hoax as it had a link I didn’t want to open for safety reasons. I also couldn’t find anything on their website. I included the copy of the text in my email and surprise surprise- nobody again bothered answering.
Company that just want your money but offers no support.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

My first stop when researching electronic products.

Bundaberg JB Hi-Fi has consistently met my expectations when researching and later purchasing electronic equipment. The range of products to choose from have been excellent, backed up by the knowledgeable staff.

Store LocationBundaberg JB Hi-Fi

Never again!

Ordered a haier washing machine online. No option for deliver days.. thought the delivery charge included installation and removal of old washer and packaging ...buyers need to have this clarified. So far washer seems OK.. but then again I installed it myself. Sorry JB I will be buying from appliances online in the future! Dissatisfied customer!

Product PurchasedWashing machine

Fix your delivery system!

Obviously this setup with toll isn't working. Aside from being a week late, instead of delivering my order, toll took it elsewhere despite my being home to sign for it (I guess I wasn't on their route). If I wanted to drive 20 minutes to buy the items I wouldn't order them online. Unfortunately I didn't see the disgraceful average rating for jb hifi on line store until after I placed my order. Customer lost.

Great product range

I have purchased many items from JB Hifi over the years. They have an enormous range of products ranging from cheap to expensive, depending on one’s budget. They are well staffed and offer friendly and efficient service. Today I required a specific adaptor, found the product on their online website, and the staff quickly handed it to me.

Store LocationMacArthur Central, Brisbane CBD