Jeenee Mobile

Jeenee Mobile

Inflexible customer service

The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced from a mobile provider. We recently signed up 2 phones and will leave ASAP. Please be aware that they have no ability to work with the customer to resolve issues.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi Max, I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. Is there anything that I can assist you with?

Some of the most affordable plans and excellent customer service

Really great value plans, starting as low as <$10 for unlimited calls and texts with 1GB data.
Reliable service. Any time I have had to talk to someone in the call centre they've always been really friendly and helpful.

Plan Cost per Month: $9.90
Included Data per Month:1 GB

Zero stars stay away

I have had nothing but trouble. I can send text messages but can Not receive them. I have rang daily for the past 16 days to try and get this resolved but I cannot get a solution from them. Absolutely shocking service how can I get in contact with anyone. Would give zero stars if it were possible. Cheap and nasty provider stay away people

Poor Service

There is no Jeenee emergency contact or even online live chat support. It simply 'closes shop' after 5 pm, and on weekends and public holidays without some kind of back-up service for customers. I cannot believe how incompetent this organisation is and feel that it is totally unfair that it does not have a customer support system in place. Getting back within three business days (their policy) is unprofessional and unacceptable!

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Best value for money and excellent support

I have been with jeenee for a couple of years now and recently upgraded my plan with them. There was a slight hiccup in the transfer between plans due to a technicality so i called their support line and was only waiting a couple of minutes before a lovely operator fixed everything up for me while i was on the line. I cannot praise their customer support or ther value for money enough.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.00
Included Data per Month:30 GB

Good value, need longer customer support hours

Unbeatable prices ..... Perhaps you guys should extend your contact hours beyond 9-5 weekdays? It makes it impossible to call support after work ! Very difficult to get support. Other than that the plan has no issue

Plan Cost per Month: $22.50
Included Data per Month:10 GB

Have gone downhill fast

Using the optus network the coverage isn't bad. Customer service always has been disappointing to be honest. Recently they suspended my account because i underpaid my bill by .50 cents.

It was my fault, I made a simple mistake, and misread my bill, but to cut all services for the sake of 50 cents, after all the years I had been with them was disappointing. They cut off my phone, internet, email, messages etc etc. I am 67 Years old with heart disease, recovering from Cancer, and a an insulin dependent diabetic, it could have easy been life threatening.

However they ended up doing me a favour, as it made me look around at what is on offer, and I ended up going from $45 per month for 30Gb on G3, to $49 per month for 80Gbs on 4G, oh and yes on the optus network.

"Jeenee" NOT the nice guys they pretend to be

Plan Cost per Month: $45.00
Included Data per Month:30 GB
Hi Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. Our collections processes are automated. We send out many alerts via SMS indicating that there might be a problem with an account and requesting that a customer contacts us prior to suspending any service, so I would be interested to hear whether you received these or not. A call to us alerting us of your situation would have prevented the suspension of the service - we just don't do things like this out of the blue.Well you did, and you know you did. Have moved on to a different supplier with a far better deal. Truth is I only stayed with Jeenee for so long, as I thought I was supporting a "charity", of which I now doubt is true any more. Please don't contact me again, as I want nothing more to do with your greedy company. 0.50cents you should be ashamed

good service ,cheap cost what more could you want

I have been with Jeenee for 3 years now ,service great no issues calling them compared to some companies,had a minor issue with new sim card for wife but 1 call and fixed

Plan Cost per Month: $14.99
Included Data per Month:2 GB

New customer 2019- Fabulous!

Switched mobile phone providers recently to Jenee from iinet- almost half the cost and twice the data. Seamless transfer and quick and easy to get hold of. Optus 4G.
Recommend highly.

Included Data per Month:15 GB

Terrible customer service & lots of extra hidden fees.

BUYER BEWARE: My intention is to warn buyers prior to signing up to this service provider.
Yes, it's cheap, BUT it has a hidden scheme to generate additional profit using EVERY SINGLE minor error you make against you.
1. You will be forced to have a direct debit (d/d) subscription to the service.
2. Once you sign up to d/d and miss a payment for any reason you will be immediately charged $15 "dishonor" fee, even if you were to make a payment that same day.
3. Due to poor customer service you will be forced to spend 1 to 2 hours on hold before your phone call is answered. Begging and pleading with them might earn you a credit of your "dishonor" fees back to your service account (but never refunded back to your bank/card account).
4. In case of data overuse you will be charged astronomical fees for every extra megabyte without any hope of recovering those fees back.

I was a customer with them for 1.5 years and I have learned that their "cheap" service is not so cheap.

Plan Cost per Month: $10.00
Included Data per Month:1 GB

A SERVICE AS IT SHOULD BE

Been with Jenee mobile data service for some months. One actually gets to talk to a human when assistance is needed. Customer service is very good. Data service is consistent. Speed is acceptable.
Recomend.

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:250 GB

Fantastic SIM-only plans but hard to get through their contact centre.

I've received my first bill and have a question about it so I tried calling their contact centre multiple times yesterday but to no avail. The wait times for each of my call were over 8 minutes long so it's not really good for someone who's working and just trying to squeeze phone calls in between. I've sent an message via my account online and apparently their response time is 3 business days which is not very impressive in my opinion.

Plan Cost per Month: $32.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Terrible customer service do not use auto payment - hazard is fees

Used to be good. From hero to zero. Only 3G. They charge $15 if any issues with card payments,. They send no statements. The customer service over phone is minimalistic, impersonal and curt. System generated nonsensical autotexts. Faster you leave them for Optus who offer 4G and cheaper currently the better

Poor customer service

Ordered and received 2 Sim cards for myself and my partner. Called up explaining I couldn't log into my account and activate my Sim card. After giving my details and mobile number she told me she activated both Sim cards. After I told her that I didn't ask her to activate both and that my partner won't be around and she will be without a phone for work she said that's what I asked for.. no apologies, nothing. After that I asked her if I could log in, assuring me it's all working I tried and it said my email does not exist. She then assured me that it'll be 3-4 hours before our Sim cards were activated. 10 minutes later my partners phone was deactivated. Just a simple apology would have been nice but no, apparently it was what I asked for.. keep up the good customer service [name removed]

Mobile service

Hi having been using this company for 2+ years have never had trouble with them, cheaps phone plans the only thing is that if they send a text to you ... it bounces back (unable to send) what is with that ????, Reasonable prices though my mobile is for only call/texts only as that is all I need.

I've been using them for a year+ now, great value

As they use Optus in the background, the service is reliable.
Though on the rare occasion when I needed to contact them about setting things up to my preferences (shortly after initial signup), their communication was slow though (e.g. they started me on the wrong plan and I wanted to turn off voicemail, and block overseas and premium numbers). Since then I've been using the basic $9.90 plan and it's always been smooth and no issues. All good. Recommended.

Dont use this Company !!!!!!

Jeenee Mobile has ripped off both myself and my partner. Do not use this company.
They force direct debit as only payment option so they can overcharge you without question and make you fight for return of money they have taken.

I spent just over a year with Jeenee, their service was ok and cheaper than my previous provider. I was on a $35 dollar plan with 10 gb of data.
On 2 separate occasions i was over charged one time by $10 another by $20 which I regrettably let slide.

The Real trouble occurred when I tried to close my contract. I had just moved house and wanted to bundle my mobile with our new optus broadband connection. Up til that point 12 out of the 14 bills i received had all been the same figure of $35

I was 6 or 7 days into a new month when the employee in the optus store cancelled my contract with Jeenee. Almost a month later I was advised that my final bill would be $144. However considering the phone was active for one week I was expecting another $35 bill seeing I had used just over 9gb of my 10 gb limit.

When i rang to question the amount i was told that they had some dodgy pro rata billing rule for data that meant that because my account was cancelled early in the month (6 or 7 days in) The included data that month was only 2.4gb.

That meant that I was charged $133 for the extra 6794mb of data they said i had used.

When i rang, I told them their pro rata daily billing system was misleading, unfair and probably illegal.
Eventually they were nice enough to offer to waive the charge and just bill me my normal amount of $35.
Despite the phone only being active for 7 days, considering i used 9240mb of data I thought that was fair.

The operator went on to mention that by chance at the time all their computers were down for maintanance and that she couldn't access any of the system.
However I was assured that a note had been made to instantly adjust the bill when there system shortly came online.

ALARM BELLS started ringing in my head.

I took the time to clearly explained that the due date (22/12/18) was just before xmas and wrongly being charged $144 would almost certainly put my account into the red. In turn making me incur a $20 fine from my bank. She told me she understood what i was saying, however Just as the call was about to end I sought final definitive confirmation.

To Quote myself...... "Can i please have final confirmation that my account will not be direct debited $144 as stated on the final bill and that I would be debited $35 just as it had always been and as we had just been agreed upon.

Again I was assured that I would be billed $35 dollars and the call ended.

Sure enough fast forward a week and just after midnight the original $144 bill appears on my bank statement.

Now i have to wait for it to clear, then xmas & boxing day to pass before i can call them and blast them asking for the return of my money !!!!!!!

In my head I knew this would happen and i had phone in hand the day before the bill was due right about to call again to get another final confirmation I wouldn't be overcharged.

My flawed logic plus the notion that I couldn't have been any clearer on the previous call, coupled with the triple confirmation from the employee had lead me to... against my better judgement not make that final call and to put faith in there word that I wouldn't be overcharged.

Today I sit here feeling like an idiot, telling myself " I Told You So.."
The only thing that makes me feel a little better is my certainty that if I had of called the day before the bill was due, it would of made no difference anyway.

---------

My partners bad experience with jeenee is to extensive to document so I did it in Dot points.

She was with them a couple months before me and also left them a couple of months before I did.
All in all about 15 months in total. I'll just give brief run down of what happened.

*A few months in they incorrectly over charge by $20

*We call Jeennee informing them of there mistake, Told the amount would not be refunded. But credited on her next bill

*New bill comes with no sign of the $20 credit they overcharged her.

*We call to alert them about the lack of credit on next bill. They apologize and now offer the original $20 credit plus another $20 or $30 credit on next bill for the inconvenience.

*Next bill has a single $20 credit applied to it but is overcharged by a similar amount making it redundant. No sign of the other credit offered so now been overcharged a total of $70

*Here's where it gets crazy, re-read the 4 dot points above as it all happened all over again in the exact same fashion. Now been over charged 3 times offered 2 months free which never happened. But also had two $20 credits applied.

*We call them again, from this point none of there employees can follow what the heck is going on with the account. All they can see is that somewhere in there a couple of small credits $20 had been applied and they ignore the fact they have overcharged her without any explanation 3 or 4 times. By now she had also been offered 3 months free of charge by 3 different employees, not once did they follow up on their promise and credit her with a free month.

*For the record she was also on the $45 dollar plan.
At this point they owe her for Overcharging these amounts. $20, $20, $20 + 1 month free, + 1 month free, +1 month free. So a total of $60 they overcharged and 3x $45 they offered to make up for the errors and repeated failure to refund her account. All in all they currently owe $195 to her

*Next few bill are correct. However no refund or free months are ever applied.

*When we call to question whats going on no one who works there can follow or make sense of the account.

*No refund ever given, no apology given.

*In the end she moved to optus as well and left Jeennee being owed just under $200 which we will never receive

*Without a doubt we also would of spent well in excess of 200 minutes talking to them trying to straighten out this mess and getting nowhere.

* In the end they
- Stole our money by direct debit
- Stole count less hours of our time
- Left us in a angry & frustrated mood over 30 times with not only their initial incompetence but also there failure to even comprehend there own errors and incompetence.

In conclusion initially they may seem ok but please dont be fooled do not use this company under any circumstances
There office must be a circus

We gave up on trying to recoup what they owed her but now after trying to rip me off on my final bill it looks like the whole thing is going to the ombudsman.

I no longer care about the $400 odd dollars they collectively owe us. I just want them to be in some way help accountable and not get away with straight up unquestioned theft.

The end. ... Thank god

For the record so far optus been really good
Peace out people..

Finally - a company that really is serious about serving the community and customers in Australia -

Jeenee Mobile has a product/plan that suits my needs and priced it reasonably. I have been so far happy with the level of online (non-human contact) service for my invoice, statement and usage alerts. Just recently, I have to call Jeenee Customer Contact Centre and I was taken back by the exceptional (great) service I had received. There was just about 7 minute wait on the phone until I spoke with Shawn, it was around lunch time and no longer than with other service providers at off-peak hours I had experienced. Shawn was clear in his message, informative and factual. Not only I was surprised that I spoke with a customer service consultant from an onshore centre, I also had a two way communication and understanding (neither being talked down nor heard the defensive line from the other end). I felt as if he put himself in my shoes and tried to solve my queries from that perspective, but not went outside the boundary or constraint of the systems. Note - I had an auto-top up turned off but still went over the data allowance. The setup means that I would either get cut-off in the middle of session, or go over the limit just for that last data session after reaching the limit. Often it is the how not the what, in this instance, I am happy with how I was treated (not talked down like a 'customer'), how it was factual and clearly explained (and not in a perceptual manner), a resolution and recommendation. I hope Australian companies / service providers will listen and learn from Jeenee s' consultants and its model.

From hero to zero with sneaky little fee.

Ordered a monthly sim, a Fairly easy transaction with reasonable delivery. After two months I downgraded the plan and they somehow managed to sneak me onto a yearly plan? After two months I canceled, they didn't say anything about an exit fee. One month later I get an exit fee of $164.00? I queried it with accounts, got through fairly quickly and spoke to a very nice lady who said they would halve the cost. They then went and debited my account for the full amount anyway. I don't like sneaky little fees but I gave them 1 star because the customer service lady was excellent.

Marc, Thanks for your review. It sounds like you downgraded your plan to a 12-month contracted plan. We certainly do not sign people up to contracts without their approval. I would be happy to take a look for you if you'd like. Please DM me your account details and I'll investigate the situation.

Good price but impossible to cancel the service fro overseas

I was very happy with Jeenee and used it no problem while I was in Australia. But now that I have left Australia to the US a year ago, I need to be able to cancel my Jeenee and I cannot do it from my account nor can I call them from here (tried several times, they don't pick up the phone, and yes I have paid attention to the time difference).
I have emailed different customer services with the hope that somebody there hear me out, no response no action. I never renewed my plan (it was a 12 months plan), and I thought it will automatically expire or at least it will ask me if I 'd like to continue ... Anyways it has been impossible for me to call them with the number they have provided from overseas and I have been paying the bills every month without even being able to use their service here. Anyone can guide me on how to sort out this issue, or contact them? Are they any responsive here? My account number is 419962.
Navid

Hi Navid, Thanks for your review and I am sorry that you have found it difficult to contact us. Our plans are postpaid and (as with other postpaid providers) automatically continue at the end of the contract until such time as you choose to cancel the service. Please provide your details via a Private Message and I'll be happy to assist you. ThanksHi, Thank you for your reply. I'm not quite sure how I can send you a private message. My Jeenee account number is: 419962 and my phone # is 0468370981. Will this suffice? if not my email address is navid.bavi@yahoo.com, I'd be grateful if you could send me an email that I can reply to with my details. Regards, Navid

I find the following extract from the CIS very confusing. If payment is done via Direct Debit (automatic, I presume!!), how can you be sure that payment is made prior to due date and not on due day? Hope a Jeenee representative can answer my query. Thanks. "Payment processing fee This plan must be paid via Direct Debit from a nominated credit card. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A payment processing fee of 1.06% is applicable for all payments made via Mastercard or Visa. If you pay your invoice prior to the due date by Mastercard or Visa no processing fees will be charged. . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Hi there, If I port my current number from Jeenee to another provider, how does Jeenee charge me if I only use 1 or 2 days in the last month as it takes time when transfer the number.
Thanks for your question. If you transfer your number out then you will be charged for the number of days that your service was active with us in the final month (active means active on the network, irrespective of usage). This means that your minimum monthly charge is prorated to reflect the period that you were active with us. Please note that the inclusions in your final month are also prorated as well. For example - if you were on a $25 per month plan with 10GB of included data per month and you transferred out on the 15th day of a 30 day month then you would be charged 50% of the minimum monthly charge (ie - $12.50). If that plan had 10GB of included data - then you would also have that inclusion amount prorated (ie - 50% or 5GB). Any data used that is greater than the 5GB pro rated inclusion amount in this example would be charged as excess data.

Hi how quickly does a sim from jeenee take to arrive after ordering? My postcode is 2250. One company I have used, the sim was received the next day after ordering and one sim 2 days, however, another company I ordered from previously took a week for the sim to arrive and after 4 days their system is still not working to even activate the sim (this is even after several calls, they have said they have system issues so even they can't activate on their end.) As a result I am going to tell them to disregard the sim and I am going elsewhere. I am now in the predicament I need a sim urgently. I don't want to wait another week just to receive one. I am interested with one of your plans and I have 2 sims that are needed, but I also need prompt service. Thanks
Hi. Thanks for your question. We end all of our SIMs from our mailhouse facility which is located in Homebush (NSW). All orders are sent out Priority Post which usually arrives within 2 working days (although it often arrives in Sydney Metropolitan areas the next day. We send our orders out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If your order is urgent, you can choose Express Post as an option at checkout (for an additional charge).Hi nene, for me it took a week for a new sim to arrive im in Melbourne region, but this was from the company prior to Jeenee taking over Startel communication.