Jeep Cherokee KL

Jeep Cherokee KL (2014-2021)

Also referred to as: Jeep Cherokee KL 2020 and Jeep Cherokee KL 2022. Limited, Trailhawk, Longitude, etc...

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
John
JohnSydney, NSW

Worst car I have ever had in my life

Purchased in August 2018.

Mike P
Mike P

Never again.

Graham N.
Graham N.Illawarra, NSW

great car with loads of features

Love this car - my only issue is the lack of control and ability to preset the climate control. It is over enthusiatic and attempts to fry me with hot air for no good reason. Nearly crashed the thing trying to adjust it. Most times would just like to have outside air on my face but it resets to sending air to the windscreen

Purchased in November 2014.

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Packs a punch

I do 650k a week commuting to work Monday to Friday
Comfortable drive with great features, only issue I've had is slight build up if Brake dust on the callipers.
3 Years complimentary servicing which was hand due to the amount of kilometres I do.
Certainly got me hooked on JEEP

Purchased in January 2017 at Jeep Dealers for $38,000.00.

Nicole
NicolePeel, WA

Long list of expensive issues never again

Bought the car new(2015 kl) and nothing but issues from the start, replaced everything underneath. Including rear diff,ptu, tailshaft twice, rear axle seals a couple of times. Well over $30000 in repairs, sold the vehicle at a massive loss to get it out of my life. Would never ever get a jeep again

Purchased in January 2016 for $52,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
John B.
John B.South East Queensland, QLD

Jeep Customer Service

Purchased in June 2019 for $50,000.00.

Stephen Mills
Stephen MillsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hemi 6.4 Motor

Purchased in January 2015 for $90,000.00.

John B.
John B.South East Queensland, QLD

I Try to be supportive of Jeep But their Customer service is ridiculous

Purchased in April 2019 for $50,000.00.

Madhatter
MadhatterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Software Updates

We recently had two recalls completed, both were software related, within 24hrs we had a completely drained battery. RACV came out, load tested the battery - advised it was ok and something was running in the background which caused the fault. They did a temp reset to enable us to take the car back to the dealer where we were advised a new battery was required @ $700.00. Has anyone else experienced this after a software update - seems very coincidental to me especially when we have not had one issue with this car.

Purchased in November 2014.

Robert T
Robert TIllawarra, NSW

Buyer beware

Purchased my KL last year interstate was told it had a 5 year warranty with 12 month fixed priced services by the dealership. Recently tried to book a service locally and was told it was out of warranty because FCA had the Cherokee in there system as having a 3 year warranty with 6 month services even though the vehicle had been complianced in May 2017 three months after Jeep Australia had introduced the new 5 year plan. After making a complaint to FCA they refused to reconise the 5 year warranty leaving me up the creek without a paddle basically. Great customer service for some who has purchased 4 Jeeps in 15 years.

Purchased in May 2018 at Northern Motor Group.

Year2017

Purchased in May 2015.

Peter.H
Peter.HQueensland

Great Suv

First thoughts Jeep what a load of crap.. Back to dealership for warning lights always coming on until I changed dealership service departments . They found the problem and replaced the rear diff since then I have never looked back the Jeep longitude goes and does whatever I want .. Thanks to Cricks Jeep in Moorooka Brisbane great work guys Jeep Go Anywhere Yeah Baby..

BadgeLongitude
Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Drive4WD
Jim
JimMurray Mallee, SA

Good vehicle.

Had cherokee sport for 3 1/2 year. Trans was replaced under warranty. No other issues. Fine road car, good economy ave. 7.6 lts per 100. Well inder that on country touring.no squeaks or rattles. Been on Flinders ranges tracks with no problems, in dry weather. I would buy another but might go for the trailhawk.

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Sally
SallyCoffs Harbour

Go to Recalls.gov.au and look up the number of recalls before you consider buying a jeep. Most of t

Had a Jeep and had numerous problems, in the workshop continually and the dealer couldn't even get it started and had the gall to say there was nothing wrong with it!!!! we traded it in at a loss of $18,000 and they would not accept that there was a darn thing wrong with the car....It would not even start in their workshop!
Car was fine until they did an upgrade on the parking computer problem, then downhill from there,

BadgeGrand Cherokee Larado
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Too many issues!

My vechicle is only 4 years old and has now been under repair for 1/3 of the year and counting. During this time, Jeeps communication has been appalling and I still do not have an answer to why my car is not fixed. I have made a complaint to Jeeps head officer with still no answers. This issue may not be the same for everyone but from what I have experienced I would never has purchased a Jeep if I had known the inconvenience this would of caused me and the lack of customer service I have been receiving from my issue.

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedAug 2015

chefcros
chefcrosasked

Rough gear changes on a 2014 Cherokee sport
What can I do about this

Steven A.
Steven A.asked
Cherokee KL (2014-2021)

Have the transmission problems been fixed now, or is it a bad idea to buy a Cherokee. If they have been fixed, was it just software update or did it require a new transmission.

Bam

My understanding in the main it was the 4cyl that caused the majority of the 9 speed gearbox problems. The 4cyl didn't have sufficient power / torque and caused the gearbox to over rev etc. Having said that there were 6cyl issues, with poor shifting etc. ZF always maintained it was a software issue for Jeep as mechanically, in their opinion the gearbox was sound. (Jeep were responsible for the software). Having said that my 2014 Trailhawk has done 87,000km with no gearbox issues.
The software is said to have been tweaked again for the MY19 model.

Suren
Surenasked

Hi,
I’m looking at buying a 2015 Jeep Cherokee KL MY15 Limited Champagne 9 Speed Sports Automatic Wagon and I’m looking for some advice or concerns on this model. Any advice?

See all Jeep Cherokee KL (2014-2021) questions

Jeep Cherokee KL (2014-2021)

Compare all 7 Jeep Cherokee
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $41,432$47,621$50,950$53,950
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque229Nm @ 3900rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions