Jemena

Jemena

Brand Manager for Jemena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.1
  • Rates and Fees

Barbara
BarbaraSydney, NSW

Nobody should have to deal with this company.

I was moving house and organised to transfer the gas account with Origin. Three days later I stumbled across a technician disconnecting the gas at our new house. I begged him to wait while I called Origin, but he said he had a job to do and refused to wait. He also said we should be able to get the gas reconnected the next day. Three days later, I'm calling Origin every day in the midst of packing and unpacking, waiting forever for Jemena to take their call, and no joy. A stressful move, and no gas for cooking, and no hot water. The technician had no heart and the company is indifferent. How do they get this contract when they don't give a damn about customers? I'd give them 0 stars if I could.

Cattledog
CattledogSydney

Terrible customer service

When I telephoned about a gas meter reading issue, I was left waiting on hold for 3o minutes before I hung up. Many businesses have a system that invites customers to leave a "call-back" number so they can return the call when they are able.

Nick k
Nick k

They don't even deserve the minimum 1 star I'm allowed to allocate

Electrical meter was installed 18 days ago and they have yet to update the system so AGL can hook the power up. So many back and forth calls. Once I was waiting for 2 1/2 hours on the phone and had to hang up. I've never delt with a worse company

Owen J
Owen JSydney, NSW

Pathetic customer service

I had a number of calls to Jemena relating to a final gas meter read that had been booked through the retailer. In each case it took and hour minimum to speak to a representative and each time I received a different story as to what I needed to do.
One star is one too many and energy retailers need to find a better business partner.

Tina
Tina

Terrible service, delays and poor communication. Not worth even one star!

My parents have vacated the property and requested the gas abolishment service since 8th February 2022 (paper work submitted in 2nd Feb 2022) and the abolishment is still not carried out and not even given a set date!

My parents who’s at 60s and 70s have to pay extra rent and paying huge interest on mortgage , gas fees and penalty due to delay on demolishing. They are now suffering from huge financial stress and mentally stressed!

No gas for three days

They disconnected our gas erroneously believing it to be our neighbours connection.
No gas or technician in sight, three days and counting in spite of assurances it would be resolved within 48hrs. All that needs to be done is for them to turn a connection on. Useless.

Karanbir S.
Karanbir S.Sydney, NSW

Pathetic technicians and customerservice

I have requested for a new gas connection since 3 months and the technicians apparently need the site ready like the house should be fully constructed, which i feel is not possible with a new site, I do feel the technicians do not contact and just drive by the sites in a van (which i happened to see) without getting down to ensure to check if the site is ready or not. unprofessional approach. The customer service is unable to put this task on priority as they have no idea time lapsed to arrange the technician. Only dummy emails about the request being received. I do not recommend them at all to anyone.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Aron M.
Aron M.Sydney, NSW

Abortion of a Company

Incompetent company and policies.
No 1 on 1 discussions
No negotiation
No return phone calls
Impossible to speak to anyone, and when you do it seems pointless.
And if you have finally made it to the meter centre after dealing with Jemena’s other bulls**t your doing very well.

Tracy
TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

6 months wait. Not even worth 1 star!!!

Waiting for 2 electric meters consolidations for more than 6 months. Retailer Origin said not allowed to call Jemena to chase up.
I called Jemena everyday, wait forever and no one answer!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Jane
Jane

Bad customer service

Jemena turned up at the property dug up the trees which they didn't put back afterward, turned off gas for no reason then left without even advising tenants and didn't even come back to turn had to pay a plumber to fix their error

nissacow
nissacowSydney, NSW

Not Worth One Star - but can't leave review without it

JP A.
JP A.

Absolutely chaos and unacceptable

Have been arranged for just gas relocation for more than 1 month. They like third word country performance. Took your money and never going forward to do the job. No email confirmation.
Complaint online no one bother to reply you.

JIM
JIMSydney, NSW

Wrong Meter Reading -- now investigating

I suddenly got spike with my energy gas reading during covid, 10x times original of my usual energy usage. I have twice hot water issue during this time. I have to call so many places...

Rushyang D.
Rushyang D.Sydney, NSW

THE Worst Possible Energy Company

Sharon
Sharon Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Without electricity for 5 days and counting...

Ashutosh S.asked

I own a land in Melbourne and it’s under Jemena area.There is a substation at the corner and want it to be removed.Any idea?how do I go about?

Michael M
Michael M

Hi Michael
Let me call them and find out more information.

Thanks Michael

Unhappycustomer
Unhappycustomerasked

I applied to have the electricity supply abolished by Jemena a month ago, the house in Melbourne is going to be demolished and a new one built. I have been told by the work crews who have come out that they have no idea where my underground power supply originates on the pole out front. This has led to an open ended process where I am constantly told that it needs further investigation. I have a schedule to get the house built and am now sitting around wasting time and money waiting to have (what should be a simple disconnection done)???
As I have read here on this forum these procedures are in disarray and customer service is a joke, I will be taking this to the ombudsman I suppose and from there to my local government member. Is this a normal outcome for this situation??

ARTY
ARTYasked

Whom do we, as customers, complain to, about the appalling service by Jemena. Is there a regulatory authority that oversees Jemena.

I have waited from 7am until 7pm on the day they said they will come to read the meter. I rang Jemena, I was asked to ring AGL.

When I rang AGL, the supplier about the issue I was asked to contact Jemena.

I have wasted a whole day just waiting for the meter to be read.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now