Jemena

Jemena

See the Best Electricians in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

terrible but what choice have we got ??????

absolute joke, we've been waiting to have our gas connected for our small business in surry hills and can't get an install date and emails do not get replied to and still no date for installation.
absolutely hopeless

rosesSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

NotHappyJan00

NotHappyJan00Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. Disgusting.

Turned off power for a 'maintenance defect' without any notice. Charged $500 to turn it back on. Told us they didn't know when someone could get out - couldn't even indicate a day or a time.

Absolutely disgusting that we were left without power in the middle of winter. No heating, no hot water, no internet, no power to cook. With kids at home, that's really poor. A 24-hour notice period would've been all that was needed for us to get the maintenance work fixed, without turning the power off.

Tradies in our area said they have been doing it to lots of homes lately and was not impressed by it.

Kat

Kat

Just terrible

Carolyn

CarolynSydney Surrounds, NSW

power outage - no communication

Absolutely no communication after a gas outage. I called them to ask why I had no gas ? and no one seemed to know till hours later and it was 1400 houses that were out. They came out 3 days later to assist with reconnections and did not wait till I got to the door.

Vishal

VishalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripping off tax payers!

I reported street light fault since they are contracted to maintain the lights. They simply keep insisting that the light has been fixed several times. The code and contract says that they have to fix the light within 2 days however it is now 3 months and they have refused to fix this. This is a huge safety and security concern.

Inneke

InnekeSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

My gas were disconnected wrongfully. They had the meter linked to the wrong address. So now I'm without gas and have to PAY to get it reconnected urgently. I 'may' be able to claim the fee back! Rediculous. Plus I had to chase this the whole day, spending my time, doing their work for them!

Nell

NellSydney

Cashback

Worst service I've experienced

Due to an issue on the power pole in street, I can't get NBN installed. I've been Jemena to resolve it, but nothing happened in the past months. Jemena customer service keeps me waiting for nothing. Never seen such useless customer service. So impressed by such awful service.

Nice2Know

The Most Unprofessional Orgnization I have ever dealt with

Matt

MattWoolloomooloo Sydney

Dishonest Fraudulent Rip Off Merchant

If you can avoid doing business with Jemena then do so at all costs. It is the most dishonest company that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Jemena lies and cheats it’s customers at will by high bill estimations. Jemena gets away with its deceitful conduct because high ranking members of The Energy Ombudsman protect Jemena’s interests.

Mister Ed

Mister Ed

Hopeless!!

Bought a house in Jemena's supply area and when I got my first bill from the retailer could not reconcile.
The retailer directed me to Jemena to get the data (that's another story!). Jemena gave me a login to its site so I could download the data for one of the two meters installed at my property, but refused to give me the data for the second meter due to "policy"!
To get the data for my second meter I have to request it in writing from the retailer who then must request from Jemena and 5 days later (actually takes more like 10 days) I can have my data................HOPELESS!

Cow boys

Woken up at 8.30 am on public holiday Sunday.
By three young hipster boys yelling to each other in front of my unit.
Digging and running about with a wheel of cable.
Making a racket.
Seemed very dodgy to me.
They said they were from jemena!!
Not in any uniform.

Melrose

MelroseAU

DEALING WITH JEMENA AS A CLIENT

An absolute joke of a company!

Been living in my apartment for 3 years now, always paid my bills on time and they plugged my gas for no reason, didn’t even try to speak or communicate with me, it’s now been 5 days with no gas. An absolute disgrace this company.

Ray

Ray

Builder: New connections

As a builder I have to make sure that we can finish a project in time, but a new era begins with Jemena. If you want to start a new house, before you start your design make sure you will apply for electricity connection, because only God knows if ever you will be connected with Electricity.
If we would have a government , they would've fix this matter. This is not an issue anymore this is a big problem.
I have applied 8 weeks ago and I been told nobody knows WHEN. Ridiculous....

Jay1980

Jay1980Thomastown

Only retailer that still charges higher rates the more you use

Disgusting joke of a company. Deplorable money sucking company that is the only distributor that charges higher tariff rates the more you use, every other distributor gets cheaper.

ARTYasked

Whom do we, as customers, complain to, about the appalling service by Jemena. Is there a regulatory authority that oversees Jemena.

I have waited from 7am until 7pm on the day they said they will come to read the meter. I rang Jemena, I was asked to ring AGL.

When I rang AGL, the supplier about the issue I was asked to contact Jemena.

I have wasted a whole day just waiting for the meter to be read.

Graham K.

Graham K.asked

I’ve received an unsolicited mail from Jemma about a study for an offer of $30 e-gift card. The letter ask to complete a survey for qualification and then the offer of an upgrade the gas meter but it made no mention of costs. Contact number and website enclosed in the letter. Any one can give me an objective feedback please.

Graham

Burnie

Burnieasked

I dont want to pay for somebody else's electricity.....
Jemena installed different meter than what is registered in their system. Our retailer Origin Energy asked me to wait until the meter number is updated. This is the fourth month and meter number still hasn't been updated.
Called Jemena today. Jemena said to call the retailer!
Going through Jemena or Origin Energy has got me nowhere.
Is there a procedure to correct this?

J. L.
J. L.

You need to call the Electricy Ombudsman
‭1800 500 509‬ On Jemena. This is the only way you can get help. The have a monopoly and don’t care about their customers.

Hello J.L.
Is there a gas ombudsman because my issues were with gas.

CategoryElectricians