Jemena

1.1

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Cash back offer - Jemena making it very hard to receive cash back

Six months later still have not received the credit card promised. Was told I had not submitted the claim, given wrong email, sent non working card, told the card would be despatched a week ago by express post, did not arrive yesterday, when emailed sent tracking number showing it had never been sent until yesterday 5/12/20 after 4pm, after my email sent. They seem to be deliberately making it incredibly hard to receive the cash back promised. Don't give up as too hard.
Call Janelle Newell (02)98677245 to complain - Customer Care Senior Specialist.

What a joke

No power = no lights, no heat, no cooking, no charging ability, no customer service. But it’s ok guys they will attend before midnight. So I’ll just have to sit here in the cold & dark and pay over $600 for the reconnection privilege.

Scott

ScottSydney, NSW

Appalling Customer Service

The Jemena Limited plumber caused a hot water leak when changing a gas hot water meter. The plumber arrived unannounced. A week later I receive an undated letter from Jemena Limited advising the meter needs to be changed. After advising of the significant leak, the Jemena Limited plumber attempted a repair which failed. Common property has been damaged. Despite numerous call centre phone calls and prioritised repair promises the leak is still in evidence. Jemena Limited turns well over AU$110 million dollars annually. It is a shame some of this capital is not spent on quality plumbers and real customer service.
Founded in 1995 Jemena Limited is 60% owned by State Grid Corporation Of China and 40% owned by Singapore Power.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Terrible! Worst customer service!

Why is there no 0 star for the rating? Any say, I reported a gas leak coming from the gas meter or from one of the pipes attach to it. Fixed by them 3x before but obviously problem has not been solved as it keeps on coming back. To make it worse customer service rep on duty (19/10/2020) told me that if I don't answer their call then their inspectors would not come. Really, for a gas leak? VIP's??? Terrible.... Disgusting....

Dr John

Dr JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute thieves

I have just received a massive bill based on an estimated meter read that is 455% times what it was for the same period last year. While looking, I noticed that the last bill also doubled in size. This company needs to be investigated.

JEMENASUCKS

JEMENASUCKSSydney, NSW

No Customer Service

I swear someone needs to sabotage Jemena and put them out of business so that some other company with more responsibility can take over. The fact is that they have terrible customer service and can go f themselves with double sided dil**s

Rendo

RendoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusting

Waiting for 6 months for a new electricity connection for 14 apartments. Everybody on their team is either rude or incompetent. I'm amazed at how such a company can exist in 2020

matilda

matildaSydney, NSW

2 months waiting for gas and counting

Over 2 months from original new connection request. $1000s of dollars and hours of my time wasted trying to get them and AGL to get our property connected. Winter with a small baby and two elderly grandparents and they have "escalated the issue" 3 times and still nothing. They tell you the wrong information and you get lost in beaurocracy. Avoid at all cost. If you don't call them all the time nothing will get done.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless.

Been trying to get these clowns to instal a meter on a new build for 2 MONTHS. They keep cancelling and wanting cancellation fees. HOPELESS

Michael MHunter Region, NSW

Overseas Owned Monopoly between Singapore and China

IPA

IPASydney, NSW

Jemena Gas - one of the worst company in Australia.

I've made an appointment with them at 9am on Saturday to get my gas meter fixed. Unfortunately, i kept waiting for them for an hour at least. In the meantime, i haven't received any call from them.

Do they expect their customer to just sit around all day waiting for them?

Jemena company is definitely monopoly in Wentworth Point. Nothing we can do.

Please Do NOT use thier service and let all your friends know that.

Rates and Fees

terrible but what choice have we got ??????

absolute joke, we've been waiting to have our gas connected for our small business in surry hills and can't get an install date and emails do not get replied to and still no date for installation.
absolutely hopeless

rosesSydney, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

NotHappyJan00

NotHappyJan00Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. Disgusting.

Turned off power for a 'maintenance defect' without any notice. Charged $500 to turn it back on. Told us they didn't know when someone could get out - couldn't even indicate a day or a time.

Absolutely disgusting that we were left without power in the middle of winter. No heating, no hot water, no internet, no power to cook. With kids at home, that's really poor. A 24-hour notice period would've been all that was needed for us to get the maintenance work fixed, without turning the power off.

Tradies in our area said they have been doing it to lots of homes lately and was not impressed by it.

Kat

Kat

Just terrible

Carolyn

CarolynSydney Surrounds, NSW

power outage - no communication

Absolutely no communication after a gas outage. I called them to ask why I had no gas ? and no one seemed to know till hours later and it was 1400 houses that were out. They came out 3 days later to assist with reconnections and did not wait till I got to the door.

Vishal

VishalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripping off tax payers!

I reported street light fault since they are contracted to maintain the lights. They simply keep insisting that the light has been fixed several times. The code and contract says that they have to fix the light within 2 days however it is now 3 months and they have refused to fix this. This is a huge safety and security concern.

Inneke

InnekeSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

My gas were disconnected wrongfully. They had the meter linked to the wrong address. So now I'm without gas and have to PAY to get it reconnected urgently. I 'may' be able to claim the fee back! Rediculous. Plus I had to chase this the whole day, spending my time, doing their work for them!

Ashutosh S.asked

I own a land in Melbourne and it’s under Jemena area.There is a substation at the corner and want it to be removed.Any idea?how do I go about?

Hello Ashuyosh,
I worked for Jemena Gas Networks in NSW so the only advice I can give you are the contact details below for Jemena Electricity
Customer enquiries and connections
1300 131 871

PO Box 16182, Melbourne VIC 3000

Hi Michael
Let me call them and find out more information.

Thanks Michael

Unhappycustomer

Unhappycustomerasked

I applied to have the electricity supply abolished by Jemena a month ago, the house in Melbourne is going to be demolished and a new one built. I have been told by the work crews who have come out that they have no idea where my underground power supply originates on the pole out front. This has led to an open ended process where I am constantly told that it needs further investigation. I have a schedule to get the house built and am now sitting around wasting time and money waiting to have (what should be a simple disconnection done)???
As I have read here on this forum these procedures are in disarray and customer service is a joke, I will be taking this to the ombudsman I suppose and from there to my local government member. Is this a normal outcome for this situation??

ARTY

ARTYasked

Whom do we, as customers, complain to, about the appalling service by Jemena. Is there a regulatory authority that oversees Jemena.

I have waited from 7am until 7pm on the day they said they will come to read the meter. I rang Jemena, I was asked to ring AGL.

When I rang AGL, the supplier about the issue I was asked to contact Jemena.

I have wasted a whole day just waiting for the meter to be read.