Kambrook CaptivG3 Cyclonic Bagless

Telescope

TelescopeHawthorn

Very averager epalced now

I persevered with this for over a year but to be honest it was a pain in the rear end from day one. The suction started off OK but would rapidly drop off as it filled. Epting was a king sized pain in the tailpipe as invariably a little bit of paper of a lolly wrapper would be stuck in the little nooks and crannies inside and be nigh on impossible to get out. Replaced it with a cheapie from Kmart and didnt look back.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Not great. Broke twice

I bought the Kambrook for my pets (I have 2 cats and a dog). I found it wasn't very powerful and I had to vacuum the same room two to three times to remove the hair. Also the head had to be thoroughly cleaned otherwise it wouldn't pick up any hair. This took loads of unnecessary time and was a huge mission. The cable ended up Breaking, when you pulled it out to plug in, it wouldn't stay out (I had had it only a month), returned it and got a replacement one, within 2 weeks the cable broke again (the exact same thing happened). This time I insisted on getting my money back. Now I am trying to find a vacuum that works.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I just wanted to share a story about this vacuum

Hi. I do not like to be too critical so I just want to tell you a story about this machine.
If I could go back in time to the moment that Edgar Hoover - or who ever invented vacuum cleaners - had the bright idea to have a powered cleaning suction device - I would push them into a river ideally full of hungry piranhas to halt this god forsaken machine from ever being built.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
RTG

RTGGeelong

Great For Pets - Hard to clean out

This was such a life saver with our dogs. It really does a good job with long pet hair with the turbo brush BUT cleaning the actual turbo brush once it has done the job is a big pain. You have to clean the cleaner! Emptying the dust is another bug bear as its very fiddly and takes so much longer than a bagged model. We use a toothbrush to clean out all the nooks and crannies but it takes time. Suction is good however and noise isn't too bad although the dogs go nuts. It fills up quickly aso you need to empty often because it also loses suction when it does.
It has lasted well as we have had it for over for years now.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Bruce

Bruce

Lasted 4 years

It takes a lot of power to do just two rooms, 2000W but the auction is normal, I compared this to Dysons 1300W which is way more powerful.
If you have a pet the fur will stick to the filter and you have no other option but to wash it and slowly it will break the filter and you have to change to new ones.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Chris D

Chris DCranbourne

Does the job with some effort.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Leigh

LeighCentral Queensland, QLD

My cleaner, best ever

I had the previous model of the Kambrook captive and its the best cleaner ive ever owned. Theres no stopping it. I vacuum every day and have therefore used it 1795 times and its still going. Almost every piece is broken but is repairable, so now its in the garage and I have the new model. Ive had everyrhing, including an $800 miele but nothing compares to Kambrook captiv

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Matthew Towle

Matthew TowleSydney

Great suction

For the price this unit has been great!!! It's really handy and has great suction. I would recommend this vacuum highly. It is perfect for our apartment and easy to clean and maintain. Has the features you need to get the job done. I am quite happy with it. Great little vacuum

Harley F

Harley FAU

Needs new filters all the time

This vacuum is great, as long as you clean and regularly replace the filter... which nobody seems to stock.
Seriously, if it was a simple task, I wouldn't have an issue, but the filter has to be washed and scraped with a fork (or similar) to remove the dust build up or the machine doesn't work. Inconvenient to say the least. Then when it wears down, you have to replace it and no one sells them... not even JB, where we purchase the cleaner...
Not my favourite vacuum cleaner...

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Kambrook
RachelKambrook

Hi Harley, please contact the customer service team on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Kambrook team

Thelma T

Thelma TSydney

Happy with the vaccum

Great value for its price. I wasn't hoping it could do half of job considering it is relatively cheap among vacuum cleaners. The suction is quite powerful, which makes the cleaning result quite satisfying. The only downside I can think of is the wire. However, I'm not complaining. Love this Vacuum!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

very good

great suction, having 2 large dogs inside it gets up all the hair and dirt that the old vacuum didnt get.....Only problem is filter changing, needs better instructions and possibly a video as the pics in the instruction booklet dont really show you how to pull it apart properly...apart from that a very good vac.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

jules3068

jules3068Clifton Hill, Victoria

Does the job

I got this brand new for $149.95 from Dick Smith.
Whilst it has all the things I require, bag less for hygiene, adapts from hard floors to carpets, Its a so so vac for the price. i had a dyson previously so i guess it has a lot to live up to. I find that as long as the canister is emptied when half full the suction is good.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

DVD maniac

DVD maniac

Simply outStanding product

Date PurchasedMar 2010

TTT

TTTAU

Great vacuum cleaner

Really great vacuume, easy to use and get in small spaces. Not too heavy, easy to take from one end.of the house to the other. Simple and effective, cleans my carpets just as well as my wooden floor. Good to store in cupboard and easy to clean bagless. Would buy again.

Best Vaccuum ever

purchased this vaccuum after moving into a fairly new rental that had just had a bond clean done. I could not beleive the power of this cute little pink machine. What it sucked out from the carpets after a fresh clean had me amazed. The suction power is great. Perfect little vaccuum with lots of power and very easy to clean.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
grandma

grandma

Best Vacuum cleaner I have ever had

This is a great little machine the suction is really good, many different brush heads came with it including a hard floor brush and a turbo brush. Seeing as I own a longhair cat that sheds fur everywhere this vacuum takes care of all the fluff. The turbo head makes my shag pile mat look like new. It is light and easy to manouvre and best of all it does not tip over [the last vacuum of different brand I had did this all the time] It has two filters and is very easy to remove the dirt and fluff when finished vacuuming. The price was at the low end of the market and considering this I feel I have excellent value for money.

Amayzingone

AmayzingoneSydney, NSW

Absolutely the BEST Vacuum Cleaner under $150

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

mike the bike

mike the bike

Great value for money

Powerful & reliable, have had for about 2 years, the only time it has a problem is when it is full of dirt etc...Because it cleans so well it fills very quickly & you need to empty after each use - when you get into the habit it wont let you down and does a great job.
Enjoy the fact I don't have to go chasing up replacement bags all the time.Great value at $79.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

banjo

banjo

Good little vacuume cleaner

Great little machine that does a great job. It is lightweight, easy to pull around & to clean. It has a lot of attachments but I only use the turbo head as it does the best job. However, I have noticed the cord will only retract three quarters of the way. For the rest, you have to let it retract as much as it will then pull it out a little, let it retract as much as it will then repeat the process until all the cord is fully retracted. Other than that, it's great.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Punches above its (tiny) weight.

Not sure what others are complaining about... I bought this as a "starter vac" when I moved into a unit, and absolutely punished it while renovating. I figured, for $150 bucks, who cares if it dies sucking up plaster dust (hooked up to the sander) and other renovation tasks. It's like a kid that's never been told it can't run a marathon. Doesn't feel as slick as a dyson, but a third the price, so hey. Attachments & heads galore in the box. In short, a bargain, sucks stuff up just as well as a dyson. Try not to be a tool and suck up marbles or massive wads of hair or fluff (you'll be able to unblock it pretty easy though). Love the variable suction (aka noise level). I wish all other vacuums were as good.

Date PurchasedOct 2016