Keen

Keen

Brand Manager for Keen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

shocking quality now

4 months in the soles fell off did a thorough check they had only glued the out side edges properly the inner section barely had glue ,i have been buying keens for years but this is my last pair i will find another shoe because these are a con they are not the quality they are charging for they are a very poor quality imitation of their former shoe I would suggest maybe the company has been sold and they are
way to busy looking at the margins and not realizing they are losing all of their clients very poor business practice they wont last long at this rate

nhaddon
nhaddonHobart

Targhee Iii Mid Waterproof Mens

The sole is coming apart and stitching coming undone after only a few hikes. They were comfortable but the quality is sub-standard. Very disappointing.

kenny r.
kenny r.

Soul separates from mid-sole Don't waste your money.

Extremely poor quality adhesive holding soul on.
Keen will probably fob you off by saying you got them wet but they are for hiking?
under consumer law the retailer should offer a remedy.

Erich Stark
Erich Stark

Inconsistent sizing shaping

My 5 types of keen sandals vary greatly in size & width - my near standard Caucasian foot men's us size 13 fits in models: Venice H2 size us13; Newport US14 (narrow width); Newport H2 us15 (narrow & footbed rolled up on other sides); clearwater cnx size us14; arroyo size us13 (very big)
The "Metatomical" footbed must refer to "Inconsistent in shape and size".
No not buy on line without trying sandals on.
Have never received an answer to my online questions to keen Australia.
Keen's are made in many different countries, reasons may vary from cheapest to avoidances.

Diego
Diego

The soles separated from the sandals

I bought a pair of keen newport h2 sandals on November 2020. I used them in the humid and wet conditions around Cairns. At first they felt great (no blisters, good grip, and suitable for mixed terrain with waterways and rocks). But after doing a third trail, the soles started separating in both sandals! I was very dissapointed as this happened in the middle of the track!! The quality of the sandals is very poor and shocking given their very high price. Fortunatelly, kathmandu offered a refund.

Rainer
Rainer

Feeling every rock

Not a bad hiking boot. But do not think it is good enough for Australian hiking conditions. We often encounter lots of rocks, pebbles and the likes.
I just don't think the sole is thick and sturdy enough because i can feel every small rock i step on. If the sole only was made a little thicker to counter this, would make it a much better hiking boot.

Annoyed
AnnoyedPerth, WA

Worst business online

Ordered Keen shoes 2 weeks ago and still my shoes have not been posted. I have emailed Keen several times and demand a refund but someone with very poor English (China?) keeps stalling me with some story or another. I keep demanding that they just give me my money back, but they refuse to do so. If you want to give away your money and walk around bare footed, then send your money to Keen now. Worst business out there. Never again will I buy from Keen

Poor boots targhee3

Anaconda

No bang for buck
I bought these shoes around 6 months ago they have started falling apart and holes in I’ve been in lockdown for 3 months of the time walking streets and a few trails close by. 5km radius. I mowed lawn 3-4 times as is winter. Took back to anaconda who have now said keen have looked and said it’s my fault as I put them away wet not sure how to dry them in winter when walking every day as nothing else to do , so they say warranty is void. Extremely dissatisfied with this product would strongly recommend not to buy their products

RickMurray
RickMurrayMid North Coast, NSW

Keen Sandals - great to wear but fall apart too soon.

I have owned two pairs of Keen sandals. The first ones had the side straps give up long before the soles or the uppers generally. I pointed this out to Athletes Foot, the retailer. They said they'd pass it on to the manufacturer. If they did so it wasn't heeded because the next pair I bought did exactly the same. Sub standard goods, not fit for purpose.

NohappyJan
NohappyJanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t buy Keen shoes

Presidio shoes. Shocking quality and unwearable they were so uncomfortable. After years of a reliable and fabulous product, Keen manufacturing has moved to India. Terrible product, goodbye to the Keen brand.

Robert
RobertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quality Control to wish for

wauchaven
wauchavenMid North Coast, NSW

Not even one star. Over priced rubbish!

I paid a lot of money for 2 pair (a black and a brown pair) of knee high lace up boots because they were stunning, looked very well made and I thought I'd have them for life. I am not a shoes person so this is rare for me. Two seasons later the entire sole of both pair has completely disintegrated. Literally fell apart in chunks. One pair maybe, but both pairs? Not a coincidence. Obviously designed to do just that. Do not buy this brand. Absolute garbage.

Krankypants
KrankypantsNorthern Region, NSW

Awesome boots for wide feet

I love Keen shoes, especially their mid hiking boots.
They have a wide toe box & no other hiker fits my wide feet like Keens do. I also wear an AFO & it all fits fine.
I wear these shoes & boots to the bone. Occasionally a sole starts peeling at the edges (rubber adhesive fixes for awhile), but by then its been a hard life & theyre due for retirement anyway, LOL. The extended toe bumpers are awesome, they're super comfortable & if I could find Keen safety boots here for in Oz i would buy them too!

Lizzy G
Lizzy GFranklin 2913, ACT

Disappointing quality for price.

Purchased 2 pairs toddler sandles. Within the first week one shoe broke at the velcro strap, making it nigh impossible to thread through the securing loop (not helpful for kids learning independence). All straps have frayed and velcro peeling away from the straps. After spending close to $150, I’m super disappointed with the quality. I’ve bought Kmart shoes that have lasted better than Keen.

Terrible, buy Nike's or anything else for your children

My 9-year old son wore his Keen hiking shoes for 4 months until both soles separated from the shoes.

Keen declined a warranty claim (Anaconda recommended we submit the claim) after we went to purchase a replacement pair. We will never buy this brand again, very disappointed.

Marg
Margasked

Hi
I bought a pair of Keens walking shoes on 1 August in West End, Qld. Unfortunately the trim around the top edge near the tongue on the right shoe has become torn and started to fray. This happened when the shoes were just a week old. I took them back to the retailer last week and was told they would need to be returned to Keens for their review before any decision could be made about a replacement. I opted not to do this as I really need the shoes and can’t do without them while Keens makes a decision. Nevertheless I’m not happy with the situation as I paid $239 for shoes that now look shabby. Can you please tell me what else I can do about this? Thanks.

Andy54
Andy54

Hi Meg, I have been wearing Keen's shoes and boots since they were on the market in Australia in the early 2000's. I still have a pair from this period when I believe there was much more attention to detail in their manufacture. The pair of Gypsum shoes are the second to delaminate, although the first was after a couple of years. Still for the price we expect more don't we ?

I live in rural NSW so my foot ware has to stand up to more than light urban use. In your case under Australian law the retailer must replace your shoes. Here's the link to the ACCC https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#repair-replacement-or-refund

brianasked

I have seen these keen hiking boots for sale in the shops / as I am thinking about buying another pair of hiking boots as my Columbia boots were great though the grip is wearing down the bottom so I thought I would ask are these shoes durable especially in the wet weather or if they actually get water on them?

terri777
terri777

I have the sandal, not a boot. It's fabric, mainly. I wouldn't consider them suitable for hiking, as you don't get much ankle support.

Oh ok thanks / I might check them out

CategoryOnline Shops, Physical Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $100.00
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes, Exercise & Sport Shoes and Hiking Footwear

Other Footwear Shops & Brands