Keen

Keen

See the Best Footwear in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Anna

AnnaFar North Queensland, QLD

Best sandals

This review is for Keens sandals. Both for men and women. They are very comfy, has a good grip and lasts a long time. My Keen always reaches 5 to 6 years. When they get dirty, I just wash them in the washing machine using a gentle cycle. They look new again. Keen fan here!

Keens Hiking boots

I have had 3 pairs of Keens Gypsums and they have suited my feet so perfectly that I would never have worn anything else. They were like gloves for your feet. Now for some unknown reason they have changed them and for me they are now useless. They rub the outside of my foot and there is a weird supporting bar across the middle of the instep. I couldn't get around the shop without deciding I hated them. So disappointing. So I bought some Targhees. The size 7 appears and feels smaller than the size 7s I have bought previously so once I put my orthotics in it's a bit squeeze, and there is a sharp structural band that catches you under the ankle and rubs. They will probably go in the bin.

Sizing Slightly small
Skip

SkipGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love 'em

P c c

P c cDarwin, NT

5 pairs of Keens: not one pair has lasted a reasonable amount of time.

Stitching is poor and unravels prematurely. Glue that holds the sole on is poor quality and requires repairs after minimal use. They fall apart on bush walks when they're needed the most.

Sizing Slightly small

Bought a pair of Gypsm Mens Mid Indian Hikers…Fell Apart in less than 6 mos

Bought a pair of Gypsm Mens Mid Indian Ink Hikers in NZ (S13). Have been wearing them less than 6 months and the sole detached. I primarily wore them on a grass field and pavement/concrete walks. They saw light to medium use. Would never buy Keen again. At $300/pair I expect a lot higher quality.

Customer service on warranty has been horrible. They keep passing me off onto someone else as I am in NZ and Keen is in the US. I am literally at my last step before engaging the Consumer Guarantees Act in NZ.

As a comparison, I own a pair of Redwing work boots I've had for 6 years. They've seen medium to heavy use in all sorts of terrain. No problems with them yet. I paid $300 for these boots.

Comfy shoes - terrible soles

I was recommended Keen shoes and they fit my wide-foot style perfectly, however they have proved unreliable for bushwalking due to not being waterproof as marketed nor are their soles of sufficient strength.

After less than 30 uses for bushwalking the soles are separating from the shoe, making them a tripping risk when walking. While I love the feel of the shoe, these faults / limitations make me feel that they were not worth what I paid for them.

Keen’s response was to say that the since the shoes were out of warranty they would do nothing.

Gypsum Shoes

Denny16

Denny16Western Australia, 6011

Great quality hiking sandals

I bought 2 months ago "Men's Keen Newport H2 Sandals" . These sandals are made for long walks and hiking and they are very comfortable and sturdy and they provide protection for your toes. The only downside is that they can be a little too warm in summer as they are " closed" to protect the toes and they are not really made to walk in soft sand. Also keep in mind the size are about one size smaller than you real size so if you are a size 9 then select a size 10. However, overall, the best sandals I ever had. Therefore strongly recommended as high quality walking and/or hiking sandals.

Baroness

BaronessSydney

Supportive and comfortable enough to wear all day

Had never worn hiking boots before so was a little concerned they would be too heavy and bulky. Not so. Very light, comfortable and supportive, whether walking on a flat surface or practically mountain climbing. Hurt my Achilles tendon and these were the only shoes I could wear. I have hiked through Canada, New Zealand, Tasmania and The Kimberley in my Keens and wouldn't go away anywhere without them. While in The Kimberley one of the rangers noticed them on me and said they were the only boots he ever buys. I thought that was a pretty good recommendation.

Mike

MikeWinnipeg

Weird but very useful (and comfy) thongs...

pete

pete

Keen Gypsum Mid

terri777WA, 6112

Best sandals ever

OnlineConsumer1

OnlineConsumer1AU

Keen Bern Baby Bern Boots - Most Comfortable Boots Ever!

Marg

Margasked

Hi
I bought a pair of Keens walking shoes on 1 August in West End, Qld. Unfortunately the trim around the top edge near the tongue on the right shoe has become torn and started to fray. This happened when the shoes were just a week old. I took them back to the retailer last week and was told they would need to be returned to Keens for their review before any decision could be made about a replacement. I opted not to do this as I really need the shoes and can’t do without them while Keens makes a decision. Nevertheless I’m not happy with the situation as I paid $239 for shoes that now look shabby. Can you please tell me what else I can do about this? Thanks.

Andy54
Andy54

Hi Meg, I have been wearing Keen's shoes and boots since they were on the market in Australia in the early 2000's. I still have a pair from this period when I believe there was much more attention to detail in their manufacture. The pair of Gypsum shoes are the second to delaminate, although the first was after a couple of years. Still for the price we expect more don't we ?

I live in rural NSW so my foot ware has to stand up to more than light urban use. In your case under Australian law the retailer must replace your shoes. Here's the link to the ACCC https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund#repair-replacement-or-refund

brianasked

I have seen these keen hiking boots for sale in the shops / as I am thinking about buying another pair of hiking boots as my Columbia boots were great though the grip is wearing down the bottom so I thought I would ask are these shoes durable especially in the wet weather or if they actually get water on them?

terri777

I have the sandal, not a boot. It's fabric, mainly. I wouldn't consider them suitable for hiking, as you don't get much ankle support.

Oh ok thanks / I might check them out