Kellogg's Corn Flakes

Kellogg's Corn Flakes

1.5

What happened to my large, cruchy golden cornflakes?

I was brought up on Kalloggs Cornflakes, I would eat them morning and night.
My latest box revealed a different product inside. Instead of large, golden and crispy flakes there were small, pale yellow and thin flakes.
Adding milk to them in a bowl revealed the change. Soggy and tastless.
I wont be tempted to eat anymore after enjoying them for over 60 years.

Purchased in July 2020 at Tesco.

Wow - what happened

I'm not a corn flake eater per say but I used to make corn flake chicken and hadn't bought it for awhile. Just purchased a few weeks ago. It's gross and tasteless and has an odd color. Someone really screwed this up. SO I'M DONE!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Purchased in May 2020.

Kate G

Kate G

Absolutely Horrid

Have been eating since I was a kid but lately they are terrible I nearly broke my teeth full of hard bits and no flavour!!!
Won’t be buying anymore

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Kellogg's Corn Flakes compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Kellogg's Corn Flakes No Longer Exist!

Purchased in April 2020.

Who's the smart person who decided to change a winning formula ?

Been eating my favourite breakfast cereal for some 65 years and someone decides to change the recipe.. just tasted a bowl from my new box and immediately hated them. No more for me thanks.....

Purchased in June 2020 at The Co-op.

WHY????

Kellogg’s cornflakes have been my favorite breakfast, snack and dinner since I remember, “this is serious for me” :( WHY mess with perfection?, I usually buy a brunch at once because I can never can run out of it “I know” sounds crazy but I really love it. PLEASE!!!!!! go back to the previous formula you can’t disappoint faithful consumers like that, PLEASE! I’m begging you.

Horrible

Not at all like the old Kellog cornflakes. As soon as you add milk, you get a bowl of soggy, tasteless mess. Just horrible. I'll stick to porridge in future.

Taste changed

Kellogs have changed the taste recently believed probably due to removal of some salt content and now its like eating tasteless cardboard. Might as well go to other less well known brands at half the price which taste the same or at times even better. Very disappointing.

Purchased in March 2020 at Sainsburys for A$2.50.

Please bring back the old recipe

I used to enjoy cornflakes as a kid. I had not eaten them in years until now, and I just realized that their recipe had changed. They don't absorb milk the way they used to, and they're a lot crunchier -which is good for making marshmallow snacks, but not good for everyday breakfast. These cornflakes are also heavier. The old ones were much lighter and thinner and flakey, which made them much nicer. This is still a really good cereal, but I believe it used to be so much better, and could be again. Thank you for your consideration and reading. Blessed be.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Wasted my money on a product I used to love.

No corn taste anymore, highly disappointed in my purchase of the so called cornflakes.

Purchased in March 2020 at Checkers.

Sam L.

Sam L.South East Queensland, QLD

CORNFLAKES - Generic Cereal

Cornflakes were Small in size Not crunchy and Lacking taste. Felt I’d bought a generic brand by mistake BUT NO the Big Kellogg’s box was proof that these WERE Kellogg’s Cornflakes, & that they just tasted Disgusting!

Purchased in March 2020 at IGA.

dlmackie

dlmackie

Not the golden oldie anymore!

Nothing like the cornflakes I grew up with. This box the last I’ll buy - they seem to be getting ‘cheaper’ each year. No crunch and they get soggy so quickly. Thin, smaller and pale. Just terrible. Sad to see them deteriorate so much in the quality. The Aldi ones are crunchier, taste better and have less sugar - and not as expensive. If I can’t have the golden oldies I’ll have Aldi cornflakes instead.

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$5.50.

IF there were less than one, That would be my rating

I used to love Kellogg's Corn Flakes, but having tried it for the first time in a LONG time, it was horrible. It tasted NOTHING like it used to. Whatever you did, change it back!

Purchased in January 2020.

New corn flakes horrible

The new version...NOT good. SO who cares if less sugar but full of tiny hard particles...who needs that?
Bring back the original corn flakes......Elderly people especially will not buy it again....l will buy no name instead

Purchased in November 2019 for A$4.99.

Rabia Z

Rabia ZMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect breakfast

I love it! Nights when I am hungry I will have a bowl of the Kelloggs instead of ice cream or sweets. I get my fiber and sweet taste without putting on so many calories.Crunchy and delicious especially the taste brings childhood memories. It is best with cold milk but I sometimes add a little bit of sweetened condensed milk to give it that creamy sweetness. I love its texture and great for breakfasts. Just don't dip it to long in milk as it becomes soggy after a while if you want to keep it crunchy like my taste.

Purchased in April 2017 at Coles for A$10.00.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Alien object in my breakfast!

What is this in my corn flakes? Luckily I noticed this alien object in my cornflakes before I ate it...not impressed! I’ve always purchased Kellogg’s because I’ve always thought they were the better option.

Purchased in September 2019.

Brilliant.

Love the corny flakiness of these. They can be enjoyed any time of day but they are especially good for recovering energy after a all day wankathon. All in all good product.

Purchased in August 2019 at Tesco for A$1.99.

I didnt get what i wanted when i got this product

I brought this and was expecting so much more. I wanted that corn flavour like the product was advertising. Wasnt bad flavour but man i love corn so much but not corn :(

Purchased in September 2018.

Corn Flakes Have Always and Will Always Taste Like Crap

This is objectively the worst cereal. It's only tolerable if you add sugar on them but in that case, I'd rather just east Frosted Flakes. I'm glad that John Harvey Kellogg is dead because he ruined breakfast time for children on a global scale. Those in Africa would rather continue munching on dirt than this crap.

Purchased in April 2019.

Helbix

HelbixGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful, thought it was just me.

I've bought Cornflakes on and off over the years, sometimes just cheap homebrand ones and thought that this time I would treat myself and get some decent ones, boy was I wrong. I would have been better off buying the cheap crap. What's happened? Nearly broke my teeth and bits of corn kernels got stuck in my teeth and throat. I thought it was just me, but with all of the other people saying pretty much the same thing, I'm definitely not on my own.

Purchased in March 2019.