Kellogg's Sultana Bran

Kellogg's Sultana Bran

See the Best Breakfast Cereal / Muesli in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

lynne

lynneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This would be perfect with less sugar

Unlike the reviewers below, the box of Sultana Bran I purchased a week ago has plenty of sultanas (maybe I got theirs!). However, I would very much like it without sultanas as the sultanas (according to the box information) provide "approximately 2/3 of the sugar" content. I really like the bran flakes for the fibre and the texture (unlike All Bran) but will have to take out the sultanas to regulate my sugar intake.
Kellogs, can you do something to reduce the sugar of this type of product please?

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $6.00.

Darran F.

Darran F.Perth, WA

No sultanas and "Sultana" is half of the product name

I have a half eaten box of Sultana Bran and so far there have been no sultanas in my bowl. I stupidly waited until getting halfway through the product thinking they had settled to the bottom.
I looked at the plastic bag inside the box and I can't see any sultanas in there.
One star for this travesty, and I gave a second star because usually it's a good cereal.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $6.00.

Where are the sultanas?

Third box in a row with hardly any sultanas! Where is the quality control? My first bowl did not have a single sultana in it. What a scam. Seems i’m Not alone after reading the other reviews. #boycottsultanabran

Purchased in April 2019.

Jeannie B

Jeannie BPerth, WA

Where are the sultanas!

We often buy a number of boxes of Kellogg's Sultana Bran when on special. Recently I went through 3 new boxes and all I can say is where are the sultantas? I counted on one hand the number in each box and also emptied each box in case they had settled at the bottom. A significant difference from previous purchases of this product. Have Kellogg's changed their formula?

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Vortex Spinner

Vortex SpinnerNorth Western Region, NSW

What's happened to Sultana Bran?

This latest box just doesn't taste the same it really is a little bit like chewing cardboard and the usual taste has disappeared. Such a shame, if this is the new Sultana Bran then I will not be buying another box.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Never buy again

NO sultanas at all!!! Threw the whole box out. I stopped buying it because previously I have had 2 stale boxes and complained to the company and they said it may have been from the bottom of the barrel (no excuse)

Purchased in March 2019 for $5.00.

Maddie

MaddieQueensland

Heavenly!!!!!

Sultana Bran is a life saver. I dont know how I could make it without the unbelievable and death defying cereal. I enjoy eating it for breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, dessert and supper. Sultana Bran is a life changing product! I wish i had discovered it sooner, as it has made me a more positive, energetic person. I cant put into words how much I appreciate Kellogg’s for their help and how thankful i am to have their brand (and bran. Hahaha) in my life. I envy all who dislike it, as not liking it should be a crime!

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Donna

DonnaHunter Region, NSW

Won’t buy again

I ate it as a kid and liked it. Last week I purchased a box as it was the only cereal on special for our kids. I ate a bowl and it was like eating a bowl of cardboard and hardly any sultanas. The kids who are teens aged 14 - 17 don’t won’t to eat it after the first bowl. Disappointed and won’t purchase again

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

LionHeart

LionHeartbrisbane

can i buy shares in the company ?

i love eating a big bowl of sultan bran for breakfast most days. the sugar in it is from fructose which is much better than sucrose or artificial chemical sugars.

i also love the weet bix that contains oats as well as whole grain wheat. theres no cooking needed and to improve the taste (which is good by itself anyway) i add sliced bananas which improve it nutritionally . job well done with this product kellogs

the best time to buy it is when its on half price sale at woolworths. a big 730 gram box for under $4. buy lots of boxes and stock up. it stores for ages. im a happy consumer ....

I love my sultana bran

I Bought a big packet of sultana bran two weeks ago and as I am 21 weeks pregnant I must say I have quite a craving for it, i just love the stuff and so does my baby, she has soo much energy and wiggles around lots, I have no complaints as the sultanas are big and juicy and the bran fills me up. I am almost out and can't wait to go and buy some more.

Perfection

Personally, this is amazing and healthy to eat.. but I usually spend about 5min picking out the sultanas because eww. I read the box and 25% of the sugar is caused by the sultanas being in there so I have no problemo removing the ewies from my bowl but seriously why not have a box without sultanas because it's a hassle getting the buggers out.
Over all I've been regular with pooping

Good product being ruined with excess sultanas.

I know all these other idiots are complaining about there being too few but it's getting ridiculous. There are times where one spoon has more sultanas than it does bran and makes for a sugary nauseating experience. I eat 1kg of the stuff a week so I know what I'm talking about. I picked 2 cups of sultanas from one large bowl the other day. Please cut back. If need be add the sultanas in a separate pack for the people who want extra.

Angel

AngelAdelaide

Start your day right.

I recommend eating sultana bran every morning. Its yummy and keeps you regular. Try it with yoghurt ,and add banana or honey , it tastes great. My gut is healthy . Its not the cheapest cereal, but I have never had a problem with sultanas or the bran flakes.

Molly M

Molly MMelbourne

Well... I love sultana bran!!

Opposed to many of the poor reviews here I actually love Sultana Bran!

A couple of months ago I was getting boxes with hardly any sultanas but Kellogg's probably listened to all the bad reviews because now I get heaps! Probably 2-4 sultanas per mouthful.

It is a great snack for brekkie but also at other times in the day as well

Lil miss ginger

Lil miss gingerSydney

Just ONE sultana in my bowl of Sultana Bran.

I don't normally write reviews but this time I felt compelled to. Few days ago I bought a big box of Sultana Bran from my local woolies and upon pouring myself a generous amount, discovered that there was only one sultana in my bowl! At first I thought maybe it was because the sultanas were all at the bottom of the packet. But today (2nd time eating it) it happened again, just a one single lonely sultana hiding in my big bowl of boring bran. What a waste of money. I can't even use it as a treat for my DOG, not only because there are sultanas (though not many!) but also because eating it would be more like punishment for being naughty.

Evonne

EvonneGold Coast

Where are the juicy, sweet sultanas of old?

Have been a long time fan and buyer of Sultana Bran but no more. Not as many sultanas and they are dry nobs not juicy and sweet as they were in the past.

Find something else to eat

I have been eating sultana bran for years now, but its my first time witnessing this; where are the sultanas?

Disappointed.

I have bought Sultana Bran for a long time & am so disappointed with the last box.(the one with Dora spoons) Talk about spot the sultanas! Probably a dozen in the whole box ! They were stale & hard enough to break a tooth. Come on Kellogs there must be other ways to scam your customers or maybe change the name of the product to Bran

robins60

robins60ADELAIDE

Altered for the retailer

RhondaWAU

Quality Control problems

I have been eating Kellogg's Sultana Bran for many years without problems but this year have returned four packets to Kelloggs. The quality is not as good, not as sweet, and I have been getting tummy troubles and diarrohea as I do when I have sulphites. They say there are no sulphites in the product but somehow I think it is getting in perhaps by being processed on equipment that has been exposed to sulphites. I now eat Aldi's Golden Vale Bran and Sultanas which is excellent.