Kent Removals & Storage - Removals

Kent Removals & Storage - Removals

Edit - resolved after an email battle

I recently used Kent for a small move of precious furniture from Melbourne to Hobart. I was quite satisfied with the customer service in the beginning, and trusted them when they told me that they would need me to pay an additional fee of $374 (which they classed as a 'delivery access fee') as my house in Hobart had difficult access and that they would need to hire a 4wd flat tray ute, and also send additional staff. This fee was on top of the $2669.81 I had already paid for the move (including insurance) and was added at the last minute. This seemed like alot of money for a small move of furniture, not even enough for a 1 bedroom house - but I trusted the companies reputation.

Despite the delivery of goods taking roughly 10 days longer to arrive than initially promised, (and after a few phone calls to Tasmania to arrange), I was still satisfied with the service.

However on the day of the move, the usual Kent delivery truck arrived, with the usual number of men (3). They easily backed up my neighbours driveway and parked less than 5 metres from my back door. The entire move was over in 10 minutes. When I asked the delivery man about the special ute I had paid extra for and the additional staff, he had no idea what I was talking about. Even the concept of hiring a special vehicle for the move seemed to completely perplex him.

So when I contacted the Melbourne Kent office, and asked for a refund of that additional $374, it seemed quite straight forward, and that I wouldn't have a problem. However, after chasing and lots of back and forth emails with the customer service rep, they have come back saying they won't be refunding me the full amount, as 'the goods still needed to be unloaded into a smaller vehicle that was used prior to delivery.' So Kent have decided, after lots of internal discussion it seems, that a run of the mill logistical component of a standard delivery is now costing me an extra $100. I cant tell you how disappointing and frustrating this is. I am being fleeced for cash, with made up costs.

On top of all of this, my brand new $4000 Carrara dining table was chipped during the move. To replace it with the insurance policy will cost me $500 excess, months to wait for a replacement, and the risk of it happening all over again, due to their lack of care during the move.

Edit: Kent applied the full amount as credit towards a new move.

Excellent Service

Large move - 5 bedroom house, 3 living areas, double garage and workshop etc.
Sunbury to East Gippsland.
Stress free move. On time every time. Helpful Efficient and careful. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Dear John, We’re pleased to hear of your positive experience with Kent Removals and Storage. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we have passed this on to your moving team. We look forward to working with you again in the future and wish you all the best in your new home. Thank you for recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

The best way for Removals

Kent is awesome and most trusted for Removals and Storage, interstate arrived on time and safe. I really recommend kent to my friends and family. I had great time, friendly staff.

Office LocationDarwin
Hi Noli, Thank you for a fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. The team will be thrilled to read your comments. We are glad that you are satisfied with your move and hope you are all settled-in at your new home. Thank you again for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Tricky move.

Moved from a large four bed, three reception roomed house on big bush plot to smaller house - however the move entailed getting some big pieces of furniture up stairs - all this was done with maximum efficiency and good humour under the excellent team leadership of Luke . I’d recommend Kent to anyone moving.

Office LocationHobart
Hello Carola, Thank you for the fantastic review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad that your move went smooth and you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled-in at new house. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Good communication & great service

Moved from a 3 bedr a double garage full of items property to SA and when I found my house there I call to the office for delivery of our household goods and it was delivered at the requested time , when I booked for this move I weren’t able to give Kent the appropriate address yet or State as we were thinking of Vic as well but they were very flexible by holding my household goods for a few week at no extre cost .
Communication was 10 / 10 and alway friendly and helpful. I am very happy !

Office LocationBrisbane
Hello Alice, Thank you for a great review. We are glad that your move went smooth and you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled in your new home. The team will be delighted to read your feedback. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Great Service

We moved a three bedroom house with a double garage full of toys from Canberra to Port Macquarie. Kent were right on top of all aspects. It was great to have a quote from an actual person. They were friendly and helpful over the phone and communicated regularly to minimise any worries and concerns.

Office LocationCanberra
Hello Rosemary, Thank you for your positive review. It is always great to hear from our happy customers, we are so happy to hear that we made your move a stress-free and positive experience, and hope you are enjoying your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Very professional, friendly, careful!

My move was at relatively short notice from a remote location in Central Queensland to Townsville. My preferred Removalist is always Kent and this time their Storage Option was very useful.
They scheduled the pick up in the time frame and despite the disruption of the Townsville Floods a few days before were available on the day; removal went as as smooth as possible.
I highly recommend Kent!

Office LocationTownsville
Hello Ross, Thank you for a great review. Always a delight to have a happy repeat customer. Glad that you are happy with the services. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Expected better service considering the last move was excellent

Moved from the country to Adelaide. 2 bedroom apartment, and my things were only around 20 boxes, plus a tallboy, one queen bed, one single bed, desk, dining table and other miscellaneous things.

We had already packed everything, so they didn't even have to pack any boxes or dismantle any desks etc. The ONLY thing they had to dismantle was the queen bed. They turned up and started complaining from the minute they got here. They complained that their manifest said that everything has been packed but the queen bed was not dismantled. They didn't bring any tools, but they borrowed the ones we had and complaining all throughout - they dismantled the bed, which took all of 2 minutes.

When they reached my new house and started to unload, they immediately began complaining that it said "ground floor" on their manifest. Well, I had told them that my house had one floor where the bedrooms were. Anyway, complaining throughout they took the dismantled queen bed, single bed, tallboy, chair and dismantled desk upstairs. They did not move even a single box upstairs, even though I requested that they move the boxes with the bedroom related things, including clothes upstairs.

They left the beds dismantled even though I requested that they put it back together. Left stuff everywhere because they were in a hurry to leave and they left at 6pm on the dot. In this hurry, they seem to have misplaced a very valuable side table top (the glass was custom made). Everything else arrived okay.

Contacted Kent, but was told nothing could be done about the missing glass. As you can imagine, I did not leave a very good review (got sent an email asking for a review) on their website. Received a call this morning from the local manager, he was very apologetic but ultimately he wanted me to change the review on their survey. Why? Why should I change the review? This is the service I received, and quite frankly I expected much better service for the money we paid.

End of the day - they have done nothing to rectify the missing item or for the bad service, but they want me to change my review. Nope. Sorry, not going to do that.

The last time I used Kent was just 4 months ago - and the guys then did an excellent job. Eveything was meticulously packed and delivered. Not this time though.

Office LocationAdelaide

Best of the best

Kent moved me in a literal disaster zone during the worst flood in Townsville history. Words cannot express how grateful I am for them helping me get to a safe and secure location with my belongings. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Office LocationTownsville
Hello Johnathon, Thank you for a fantastic review. The team in Townsville will be delighted to read your kind words. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Really pleased

We had Kent empty our 4 bedroom house (with > 20 years of accumulated stuff).
Both packing and uplift were undertaken with courtesy, professionalism and some really hard work.
Very pleased with the whole project and the responsiveness of the staff.

Office LocationMelbourne (Head Office)
Hello David, Thank you for a great review. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. The team will be delighted to read your comments. Thank you again for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Kent removal services made my move so quick and painless.

My move was 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom house with an hour drive between houses, the team that moved me were on point at both ends of the move, the guys even put the heavier item's of my furniture in place and together. Nothing was damaged, such a pleasent experience. Thank you to everyone involved.

Office LocationHobart
Hello Tom, Thank you for 5-star rating! We are glad that you are happy with our services. Hope you are all settled-in in your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Did the job fine but poor communication

I moved 2 rooms worth of stuff from Canberra to Brisbane over the Christmas period. For the initial quote they were very responsive and answered all my questions - once I had agreed to pay further communication was very slow, and after various emails with no reply I was finally notified that my goods were ready to deliver almost a month later. The actual removalists were all very professional and did their job well.

Office LocationACT, Canberra
Hello Andreas, Thank you for your feedback. We value your feedback and apologize for the delayed caused in the communications. Hope you are all settled-in in your new home. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Made my life so easy, at a difficult time

I moved a 2 bedroom apartment from Brisbane to Melbourne. The 2 gentlemen who did the uplift were so incredibly professional, helpful and just went above & beyond. The delivery in Melbourne was seamless. The 2 young men who delivered my items were also friendly, professional. The removalists arrived on time, at both locations. Completed the job in no time.

There were no issues other than a drawer from a chest of drawers accidentally smashed. I was advised at the delivery to contact head office to make a claim (the delivery lads did not know I did not purchase insurance). The only downside to the whole experience was at the very end where I encountered a not particularly nice or sensitive to my issue woman from the claims office. I was mockingly told that as I didn't have insurance (at a Kent quoted cost of almost $1000) I would not be able to submit a claim for the damage Kent themselves caused to my drawers (unless as the lady advised it was done 'deliberately'). The drawers cost $150 - so I feel validated in not having purchased insurance, as the cost of it far outweighed the cost of the drawers. All in all, I'd highly recommend Kent - the uplift & delivery men were fabulous, as was the customer service leading up to the move. We're moving again in March to a new place - I'll be booking them again.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne
Hello Kelly, Thank you for an awesome review. It is always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad that your move to Melbourne went well. We do apologize for the customer service hiccup for the insurance. Do let us know if we could be of any further assistance. Looking forward to hearing from you for your March move. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Use someone else for your moving.

It took 5 1/2 months and $6,000 (with insurance) to get a small shared shipment from Sydney to New York. Communication was poor and I was told it would be 2 - 3 months maximum door-to-door. The Goods were picked up July 30th and not delivered until January 15th.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. At Kent Removals and Storage we pride ourselves in providing high service standards, which we failed to deliver to you on this occasion. We have escalated this matter to our branch manager for further investigation. Again apologise for the inconvenience caused. Nick, Customer Care TeamSome sort of a financial reimbursement would be welcome given we had to purchase items we thought we'd have after a few months. We came over with two suitcases each for my son and I and as you can imagine, we had purchases we had to make as the time stretched on.

Fantastic Service

We had a 20 foot container full of household possessions which were transported from Beisbane to Tasmania, then a year later from Tasmania to storage in Newcastle; then delivered to our final destination on the Central Coast.
From yay to nay, the service was impeccable.
The storage was a very fair price roo.
All of our goods arrived at all destinations without any issues.
Special thanks to Matthew in Launceston and Kerrie at Newcastle.
What can be a stressful time went as smooth as a bell.

Office LocationTAS, Launceston
Hello Jan, Thank you for a 5 star rating. Always a delight to read amazing reviews. The team will be happy to read your kind words. We are glad your move went smooth and you are happy with the services. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Overall very happy with their service.

Recently moved from Sydney to Hobart and Kent Removals were mostly great.
I have a couple of minor quibbles but nothing to get my knickers in a twist about or even detail here.
A solid 4 out of 5 stars though tending to 4.5 out of 5 really.

Everything was uploaded to a shipping container in Sydney and 6 weeks later when I had new accommodation it was unloaded from the same shipping container in Hobart.

The gentlemen who loaded and unloaded were friendly and efficient.

I am not sure how long my shipping container was sat in Hobart but they didn't charge me anything extra for storage so that was great.

The people I dealt with via email and the lady who came to my house and quoted me the price were all very helpful and efficient. I cannot fault this.

They were not cheap but I did have some relocation assistance from my new employer so money wasn't really a factor for me on this occasion.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hello Vee, Thank you for your feedback. Always a delight to have a happy customer. Glad your move went smooth. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Very poor customer service

Terrible customer service in Melbourne. They provided a quote and didn't explain any of the additional costs. Received a quote to move and store items last December 2018 and now have contacted them to proceed and it has gone up in price by $1400. When I asked for a justification in the increased cost my questions were ignored and I'm left very confused with the quote that's been provided. Very disappointing and wouldn't be recommending your removal and storage service to anyone.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne
Hello Dan, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. At Kent Removals and Storage we pride ourselves in providing high service standards, which we failed to deliver to you on this occasion. We have escalated this matter to our branch manager for further investigation. Again apologise for the inconvenience caused. Nick, Customer Care Team

Better than expected

I was pretty worried about booking with Kent (or anyone) for our move from Sydney to Bunbury (WA) after reading lots of horror stories. I was VERY thorough with lots of questions and detailed quoting. The removalists in Sydney and Bunbury were both great but I had lots of lists and photos to make sure everything was ok and would recommend this to anyone else. Was on time. Do your homework and be vigilant about everything!

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hello Emma, Thank you for a four-star rating. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. We are glad that your move from Sydney to Bunbury went smooth. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Hope you are all settled in at the new place! Nick Customer Care TeamNick - it’s not a five star rating, it’s a 4/5! Please don’t try to manipulate what I have reviewed. Please amend your comment to reflect accurately what I have written. Thank you. Emma

A smooth and pleasant process

Moving house is never easy, especially when it has 5 bedrooms and a home office and is going to a multi storey home. These guys were fantastic and did a great job. They communicated throughout and were very careful with our things. We are very happy with the service provided by Kent Removals.

Office LocationNSW, Newcastle
Hello Leanne, Thank you for a great review! Always a delight to have a happy customer. Hope you are all settled-in. Thank you for using Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

Kent Removals 10 out of 10

We moved from Sydney to Tasmania. Kent Removals came to our home and gave us the quote. They were very competitive with their price. Once we had accepted, it was all go from start to finish. What we thought would be a difficult move proved to be stress free. Their staff were exceptional from uplift to unload. Nothing was a problem. Our furniture arrived intact and on time with no damage. We highly recommend this company for any move.

Office LocationNSW, Sydney
Hello Nadine, Thank you for your kind words. Always a pleasure to have a happy customer. Hope you are all settled -in. Thank you for using and recommending Kent Removals and Storage. Nick, Customer Care Team

See all Kent Removals & Storage reviews