Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

MPN: KVL8300S

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

A reliable stand mixer can help make your baking sessions a breeze. Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

4.1

• Safety
Sheryl

SherylSydney, NSW

Value for money

This is still the best brand in my opinion for cooking appliances. It works so well for anything you’re baking with all the different attachments. The noise level is minimum yet it goes so fast and I’ve never had any issue with it. I previously had the kenwood mixer from the 80s and it lasted me over 30 years!

Purchased in August 2019 at David Jones for A$500.00.

CherylKenwood

Hey Sheryl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I love hearing the stories of our original Kenwoods lasting so long. Also love that you are enjoying your machine.

Kristine L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty product with shocking after sales service

We bought this product 5 months ago. The machine started to fall apart after the first month. We only use it to mix 1- 1.8 kg bread dough (total weight). I have to sent it back to Kenwood to repair through Harvey Norman 3 times. It took 3-4 weeks to fixed each time. Each time the sales team in Harvey Norman deny any possible product deflect and accuse me of misusing the machine. I paid $900+ for this machine and drove 40 mins to the store to get accusation from the Harvey Norman sales team 3 times. Kenwood is still refusing to replace the broken product. Bad product with horrifying after sales service are really the perfect storm.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$900.00.

De'LonghiKenwood
Kristine L.

Motor faulty for 2nd time! Now it stopped spinning!

Purchased in January 2018 at Greece Store for A$800.00.

De'Longhi StaffKenwood

HI Lazostat, thank you for your review. Our Kenwood mixers actually come wit 5 years warranty :) Could you please give us a call on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. Best, Kenwood

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

countrygirlGippsland, VIC

Real disappointment

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,000.00.

De'LonghiKenwood

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us a review and we are so sorry to hear what has happened! We will be sending you a private message and help resolve these issues for you ASAP :) Best, Kenwood.

countrygirl

Two weeks later and information submitted twice and still no response

Gladys

GladysGippsland, VIC

My Mothers pride & Joy

I am still using my Mothers Kenwood Chef Mixmaster it probably was the oriiginal one first released it has to be 40+ years old , never been serviced and beats like a charm,

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Gladys, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Mixmaster has served you so well over the last 40 years! Thank you for being a Kenwood-ite for so long. Best, Kenwood

Julia

JuliaSouthwest, VIC

My must have!

This is a replacement for my 25 year old kenwood! Bought in December 2018 and have loved every moment cooking with it. The bowl has a much larger capacity, the motor is more powerful and the attachments great. I love the paddle for creaming butter etc and the folding attachment for those delicate dishes like macarons. Would recommend highly to anyone who bakes.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Direct Online.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your review, Julia! We're so glad to hear your Chef XL Titanium has been treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

Almaza

AlmazaSydney, NSW

The machine that does it all

Love my titanium XL! I have been using mine now for 2 years and every week it gets a regular work out at least 4 times a week with buttercream, dough and general mixing. I have a few of the attachments which makes for much convenience. Highly recommend

Purchased in October 2017.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Dissapointing

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for A$859.00.

Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Best mixer ever...I love the Machine

My wife loves using this machine which beats and mixes perfectly. If she has one criticism it is that the mixing bowl is too deep which can make it difficult to get the mix out.

All attachments that came with the mixer are easy to fit and easy to use.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$900.00.

Benchtop Food Mixers

Mistake buying this after being a Kenwood fan !

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$850.00.

Dee K.
Dee K.
Carlos

CarlosSydney, NSW

Fantastic product!

Have been using this product for the past year and a half and I am constantly astounded by it.
It has a very powerful motor with a large bowl that cleans easily and isn't too heavy.
I am definitely looking forward to getting a couple more for my kitchen!

Fatimah

FatimahSydney, NSW

Reliable and built tough

Im all about quality when it comes to electrical appliances and that is why I choose Kenwood every time.
I cant love this mixer enough. Powerful and very generous bowl size is a huge bonus for me.
I know this machine will last a very long time even though i use it almost every day!

Love IT

I love this mixer. I've been a chef for ten years and this is by far the best mixer I've had. I now tell every kitchen I work in to get one. The bowl six is great, and perfect for double batches. I also love the light feature (which I often use on early mornings in the kitchen!) I've never had an issue with it and I'll often use it on long 12 shifts of making cakes.

Lina

LinaSydney, NSW

Can't live without my Chef XL!

I love my Kenwood Chef XL. I've had it for over a year now & use it all the time (it sits proudly on my benchtop!). Compared to my old stand mixer this one has such a powerful motor which I especially notice when whipping cream or egg whites in no time at all. The large bowl size is great & use it for both my savoury & sweet creations. I love that you can get the additional attachments too (I now have the blender & spiralizer). And I still get a bit excitement every time I turn on the illuminating light over the bowl!

Purchased in March 2018 at Bing Lee for A$499.00.

Anthea C.

Anthea C.Australian Capital Territory

My favourite kitchen appliance

In my career as a chef and caterer, I've tried several different brands of food mixers but my Kenwood Titanium definitely stands out! I love that the machine stops automatically when you open it, unlike some other brands which don't stop and cause a huge mess in the kitchen. My mixer has made my cooking 100x more efficient and I only wish I got it earlier! The mixing bowl is generous in size and I've had no issues with it when baking for friends and family. I also have the ice cream maker attachment and it is a dream to use.

Purchased in January 2017.

Su C.

Su C.Perth, WA

Love my new Kenwood Chef XL Titanium

I bought this online during Christmas from Peter's of Kensington after checking customers reviews including other brands. The delivery was good and well packed but the light above the stainless steel bowl is not working. The 1700 watt motor is more than powerful for mixing 2.2kg sourdough weekly. It is much better than my Breville Bakery Boss stand mixer which only mixes 1.1kg dough and it came to the edge of the bowl during mixing.

This Kenwood Chef XL Titanium is very quiet during dough mixing and it has 10 years motor warranty. All mixing attachments are stainless steel.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks so much for your review, Su! All the best with your baking,

RadicalReviewer

RadicalReviewerSydney, NSW

Best Mixer, same as the oldies from the 60's!

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for A$870.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your machine. Best, Kenwood

LCSSydney

Price Doesn't Equal Quality

The quality of the accompanying attachments are rough,the dough hook and the K-beater i got both have obvious chips in them(dough hook even got some metal dust at the side which would contact food) , so i contacted Kenwood costumer service.They sent me the replacement, however, the second K-beater still has chip in it, they said they will send me another K-beater, but i haven't received anything, tried to contact them, no reply. Additionally, the mixer itself has a few bumpy surface, honestly, the finish of machine and accompanying attachments/accessories does not look like something priced at AUD$1,199.
The motor is strong, but when you turn the speed over 5, feels like the mixer going to jump down from bench top.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Hi,
This mixer is a gift, so when i found the defect, the first thought came to me is contacting Kenwood, not asking the person who offered the gift to take it back to exchange it.

Bridget

BridgetHobart

Great machine

This is one of the strongest home users stand mixer. The motor is strong the bowl capacity is very big. All attachments are great. I have found that when brand new sometimes the mixing bowl can get stuck. I have put a little oil around the slots that lock the bowl in and this recitified the issue. Over all I would never buy another machine. It is expensive but well worth the money. Also comes with a 10 year warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thank you so much for your great review, Bridget!

Happy baking!

Rosie

RosieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fabulous all rounder!

Absolutely in love with this machine, it works silently and efficiently and is able to keep up with me and my small cake decorating business (needless to say, I use this a HEAP and it never struggles under the pressure). I especially love the Flexi-Beater attachment and the handy light that lights up the bowl as you use it. The huge bowl size is also a big bonus, especially for the quantities I need to make. Thank you for an amazing product Kenwood!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Thanks for your review Rosie! It's our pleasure. Best, Kenwood

kathy

kathyasked

can you buy and extra bowl

Hi Kathy,
If you go to: https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-au/products/kitchen-machines/attachments?sf=1546&sort=6#results you will be able to buy another bowl.
Kind Regards,
Kenwood Team

Vincent

Vincentasked

is this a good mixer? some of these reviews are putting me off purchasing one. thanks

Hi Vincent,
I appreciate your concerns and want to reassure you out of the thousands of machines that are sold most of our customers have their machines for many years without any problems. Currently this machine has won the Good Design Award and the 2020 Highly Commanded Trusted Brand. Some key features are 1700W Motor and Electronic speed control with Halo Illumination. Unlike a lot of other similar machines the Kenwood Chef XL Titanium come with a 10 year warranty for new machines.

Carole K.

Carole K.asked

I have just bought the chef classic, I am having trouble with the batter sticking to the sides of the large bowl and not mixing well, also I have cut my hand on the edge of the large metal bowl trying to get it off,
Do I need to get a smaller bowl maybe with a handle

Hi Carole,
I'm sorry you seem to be having some trouble with your machine, with regard to the batter sticking to the sides of the bowl and not mixing well, are you using the "K" beater as this is the one for mixing? The bowl you have received in your box is the one that match your machine (XL), the smaller bowls available are only for the capacity machines and not made to fit your machines. The bowl, once you have placed it on your machine moves sideways to click into place, and the same applies when removing the bowl. It will make it easier to remove when the top part of the machine is lifted up. Hear is a quick How To video, hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives