Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

Gladys

GladysGippsland, VIC

My Mothers pride & Joy

I am still using my Mothers Kenwood Chef Mixmaster it probably was the oriiginal one first released it has to be 40+ years old , never been serviced and beats like a charm,

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Gladys, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Mixmaster has served you so well over the last 40 years! Thank you for being a Kenwood-ite for so long. Best, Kenwood

JuliaSouthwest, VIC

My must have!

This is a replacement for my 25 year old kenwood! Bought in December 2018 and have loved every moment cooking with it. The bowl has a much larger capacity, the motor is more powerful and the attachments great. I love the paddle for creaming butter etc and the folding attachment for those delicate dishes like macarons. Would recommend highly to anyone who bakes.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Direct Online.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your review, Julia! We're so glad to hear your Chef XL Titanium has been treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

Almaza

AlmazaSydney, NSW

The machine that does it all

Love my titanium XL! I have been using mine now for 2 years and every week it gets a regular work out at least 4 times a week with buttercream, dough and general mixing. I have a few of the attachments which makes for much convenience. Highly recommend

Purchased in October 2017.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Dissapointing

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $859.00.

Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Best mixer ever...I love the Machine

My wife loves using this machine which beats and mixes perfectly. If she has one criticism it is that the mixing bowl is too deep which can make it difficult to get the mix out.

All attachments that came with the mixer are easy to fit and easy to use.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Mistake buying this after being a Kenwood fan !

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Dee K.
Dee K.

Carlos

CarlosSydney, NSW

Fantastic product!

Have been using this product for the past year and a half and I am constantly astounded by it.
It has a very powerful motor with a large bowl that cleans easily and isn't too heavy.
I am definitely looking forward to getting a couple more for my kitchen!

Fatimah

FatimahSydney, NSW

Reliable and built tough

Im all about quality when it comes to electrical appliances and that is why I choose Kenwood every time.
I cant love this mixer enough. Powerful and very generous bowl size is a huge bonus for me.
I know this machine will last a very long time even though i use it almost every day!

Love IT

I love this mixer. I've been a chef for ten years and this is by far the best mixer I've had. I now tell every kitchen I work in to get one. The bowl six is great, and perfect for double batches. I also love the light feature (which I often use on early mornings in the kitchen!) I've never had an issue with it and I'll often use it on long 12 shifts of making cakes.

Lina

LinaSydney, NSW

Can't live without my Chef XL!

I love my Kenwood Chef XL. I've had it for over a year now & use it all the time (it sits proudly on my benchtop!). Compared to my old stand mixer this one has such a powerful motor which I especially notice when whipping cream or egg whites in no time at all. The large bowl size is great & use it for both my savoury & sweet creations. I love that you can get the additional attachments too (I now have the blender & spiralizer). And I still get a bit excitement every time I turn on the illuminating light over the bowl!

Purchased in March 2018 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Anthea C.

Anthea C.Australian Capital Territory

My favourite kitchen appliance

In my career as a chef and caterer, I've tried several different brands of food mixers but my Kenwood Titanium definitely stands out! I love that the machine stops automatically when you open it, unlike some other brands which don't stop and cause a huge mess in the kitchen. My mixer has made my cooking 100x more efficient and I only wish I got it earlier! The mixing bowl is generous in size and I've had no issues with it when baking for friends and family. I also have the ice cream maker attachment and it is a dream to use.

Purchased in January 2017.

Su C.Perth, WA

Love my new Kenwood Chef XL Titanium

I bought this online during Christmas from Peter's of Kensington after checking customers reviews including other brands. The delivery was good and well packed but the light above the stainless steel bowl is not working. The 1700 watt motor is more than powerful for mixing 2.2kg sourdough weekly. It is much better than my Breville Bakery Boss stand mixer which only mixes 1.1kg dough and it came to the edge of the bowl during mixing.

This Kenwood Chef XL Titanium is very quiet during dough mixing and it has 10 years motor warranty. All mixing attachments are stainless steel.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks so much for your review, Su! All the best with your baking,

RadicalReviewerSydney, NSW

Best Mixer, same as the oldies from the 60's!

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for $870.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your machine. Best, Kenwood

LCSSydney

Price Doesn't Equal Quality

The quality of the accompanying attachments are rough,the dough hook and the K-beater i got both have obvious chips in them(dough hook even got some metal dust at the side which would contact food) , so i contacted Kenwood costumer service.They sent me the replacement, however, the second K-beater still has chip in it, they said they will send me another K-beater, but i haven't received anything, tried to contact them, no reply. Additionally, the mixer itself has a few bumpy surface, honestly, the finish of machine and accompanying attachments/accessories does not look like something priced at AUD$1,199.
The motor is strong, but when you turn the speed over 5, feels like the mixer going to jump down from bench top.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Hi,
This mixer is a gift, so when i found the defect, the first thought came to me is contacting Kenwood, not asking the person who offered the gift to take it back to exchange it.

Bridget

BridgetHobart

Great machine

This is one of the strongest home users stand mixer. The motor is strong the bowl capacity is very big. All attachments are great. I have found that when brand new sometimes the mixing bowl can get stuck. I have put a little oil around the slots that lock the bowl in and this recitified the issue. Over all I would never buy another machine. It is expensive but well worth the money. Also comes with a 10 year warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thank you so much for your great review, Bridget!

Happy baking!

Rosie

RosieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fabulous all rounder!

Absolutely in love with this machine, it works silently and efficiently and is able to keep up with me and my small cake decorating business (needless to say, I use this a HEAP and it never struggles under the pressure). I especially love the Flexi-Beater attachment and the handy light that lights up the bowl as you use it. The huge bowl size is also a big bonus, especially for the quantities I need to make. Thank you for an amazing product Kenwood!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Thanks for your review Rosie! It's our pleasure. Best, Kenwood

Josh

JoshMurray Region, NSW

Heavy duty kitchen appliance

This is a true kitchen machine not some little toy. Very well made, sturdy thoughtful design. I can see one of my kids inheriting it! Plenty of useful attachments, we especially love the food processor. Bowl size is generous, and the light into the bowl to aid visualisation is such a brilliant idea.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Stanford

StanfordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional Quality

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Simone T

Simone TMelbourne

Unexpected jem

After our poor hand mixer died, we decided to upgrade to a stand mixer.
After doing some research, both with friends and online, I had my heart set on a Kitchenaid, but after looking at both in store, we decided on the Kenwood titanium.
It won us over for the bigger motor, 10 year warranty, the impressive studyness of the parts, along with the smaller features such as the led light and splash guard

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Rae

RaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bakers dream! Can’t live without it!

The Kenwood Titanium is the ultimate appliance for any home baker or professional chef. The motor performance is brilliant & the bowl capacity is great. It manages huge amounts of cake batters to bread doughs. The best part are the excellent attachments which are easy to pop on & clean. The food processor attachment is my absolute favourite as it grates, slices & blends perfectly everytime. The Kenwood Titanium is definitely the best & most used appliance in my kitchen! Can’t live without it!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Marlene J.

Marlene J.asked

I have had my Kenwood since forever but find the large bowl too big for most of my mixing, wish there was a small bowl for small mixing!

Julia

I've found that with the larger bowl on the Chef XL Titanium has been better with small amounts than with my old kenwood. The blades and whisks seem to pick up the ingredients better from the base of the larger bowl, but that's just my experience. I've been a kenwood user since childhood cooking with mum and now my grandkids love to see me get the kenwood out!

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your feedback, Marlene. We really appreciate it and have passed on to our product team. Best, Kenwood

Sam

Samasked

I bought this a while ago and am very frustrated. It doesn’t mix thoroughly to a smooth consistency (even creamed cheese for a chesscake); ingredients are also left on side of bowl and on the beater. I’ve tried lots of adjustments and nothing works. Also is there a smaller bowl I can get too. I find the large bowl way too big

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Sam, thanks for your questions. May we ask what kind of mixes you're attempting to make when you're having trouble getting the right consistency? And which bowl tool you have been using? Unfortunately the Chef XL Titanium is only compatible with the 6.7L bowl. Best, Kenwood

Dissonance
Dissonance

I've seen a few reviews for the Kenwood mixers with 6.7L bowls with people complaining that the bowl is just too big. On the Kenwood site it says a smaller bowl "is not necessary" because of the planetary action of the blade. Surely, after these negative reviews, they might change their mind and make a smaller bowl? Or an attachment that scrapes closer to the bowl (might be a cheaper option)? Kenwood might not see a sufficient number of negative reviews for this specific issue, so hence may not be motivated to change - but that's because people (like me) are reading these reviews, realising that they usually cook small batches (living alone is a global trend), and are deciding to buy a Kitchenaid - they don't end up leaving a negative review because they've bought a Kitchenaid! With the power of the Kenwood machines, compared to Kitchenaid, it really shouldn't be a contest, but if the blade doesn't reach the ingredients, that pretty much renders the entire machine useless, which is worse than a less powerful machine! I wonder how much market share Kenwood is losing because of this?

RadicalReviewer

The Kenwood Titanium XL is XL for a reason for large batches 6.7L. If you need a smaller bowl buy the smaller Chef Sense (4.6L). Its not rocket science. Kitchenaid make a variety of mixers in different sizes just like Kenwood. Unlike the KA, Kenwood machine come standard with the flexi beater, and ALL of the mixing attachments have a bolt at the top that you can unscrew and adjust so the beater gets closer to the bowl. So much misinformation going around, people need to be reading their manuals!

Bayzelle

Bayzelleasked

I'm looking at replacing my 40 year old Kenwood but found the new benchtop appears unstable. There doesn't appear to be enough 'feet' to give it a footprint that will keep it stable during high power beating. Numerous reviews online refer to the same concern. Can you please advise whether this problem has been resolved.

Su C.

I have just tried to whisk 7 eggs at speed 6 for my first banana cake using my new stand mixer. It is very stable during high power beating. It is also quieter than my previous Kenwood Premier Major KMM770 which was a discontinued model.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your question. All mixers have the suction feet for added stability, yes they are made of lighter weighted products which after having an extremely solid 40+ year machine I can see your concern. However the new machines are built for purpose even though much lighter in weight. We advise in all manuals ls never leave your machine unattended to prevent any mishaps. I hope this helps. Regards, Kenwood.

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives