Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

4.3
  • Safety

joseph.agius.779Sydney, NSW

Kenwood XL Titanium - Taking it back for a replacement

Purchased in May 2021 for $865.00.

CherylKenwood

Thank you Joseph for updating your experience very happy that you could receive a replacement. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions should you need further help.

joseph.agius.779

The replacement is faultless! I would happily recommend this machine to anyone looking to purchase a new mixer.

Kathy N.
Kathy N.Sydney, NSW

Ruined my enjoyment for buying a new mixer

I bought the mixer last week from David Jones Hornsby. When I opened , it has a huge stain on top near the light and side of the machine. Nit washed away with anything and I think it is the factory paint issues. Went to David jones and they said dont have anything left in any other stores and I can have the display one for %10 off , so I took it. Now when I am using it I can smell very bad burning, like wire burning inside. I dont know what to do now. It seems i have to stick to my old Breville mixer. I will change my review if the burning smell finish .
(After all this happened Kenwood called me and gave me a brand new one. Thanks )

Purchased in December 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $791.00.

Hi Kathy,
We are happy we were given the opportunity to replace your machine so that you can now enjoy making lots of amazing things.

sred59Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

I purchased this machine after doing a lot of researching. My poor old sunbeam of 40 years can't keep up with my demands (still goes though). I needed a tougher machine for breads and large cakes. I am impressed with this machine so far. Love how you can adjust the beaters lower if necessary. It is a lot quieter than the sunbeam and feels robust. I remember my mum having a Kenwood Chef and she loved it, so thought it was time to give one a try. Saved for 6 months and I am very happy. :-). Fingers crossed it will last me as long as the sunbeam!

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman.

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

DBO
DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

First impressions are Excellent

Purchased in November 2020.

H BDO,
Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it :)

Simon5353
Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Satisfied

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $819.00.

DelonghiKenwood

Thank you so much for your review, we love hearing about the great things you are making and how much you love our machines.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Sheryl
SherylSydney, NSW

Value for money

This is still the best brand in my opinion for cooking appliances. It works so well for anything you’re baking with all the different attachments. The noise level is minimum yet it goes so fast and I’ve never had any issue with it. I previously had the kenwood mixer from the 80s and it lasted me over 30 years!

Purchased in August 2019 at David Jones for $500.00.

Hey Sheryl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I love hearing the stories of our original Kenwoods lasting so long. Also love that you are enjoying your machine.

Kristine L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty product with shocking after sales service (with Harvey Norman)

We bought this product 5 months ago. The machine started to fall apart after the first month. We only use it to mix 1- 1.8 kg bread dough (total weight). I have to sent it back to Kenwood to repair through Harvey Norman 3 times. It took 3-4 weeks to fixed each time. Each time the sales team in Harvey Norman deny any possible product deflect and accuse me of misusing the machine. I paid $900+ for this machine and drove 40 mins to the store to get accusation from the Harvey Norman sales team 3 times. Kenwood is still refusing to replace the broken product. Bad product with horrifying after sales service are really the perfect storm.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

De'LonghiKenwood
Kristine L.

Motor faulty for 2nd time! Now it stopped spinning!

Purchased in January 2018 at Greece Store for $800.00.

De'Longhi StaffKenwood

HI Lazostat, thank you for your review. Our Kenwood mixers actually come wit 5 years warranty :) Could you please give us a call on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. Best, Kenwood

countrygirlGippsland, VIC

Real disappointment

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,000.00.

De'LonghiKenwood

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us a review and we are so sorry to hear what has happened! We will be sending you a private message and help resolve these issues for you ASAP :) Best, Kenwood.

countrygirl

Two weeks later and information submitted twice and still no response

Gladys
GladysGippsland, VIC

My Mothers pride & Joy

I am still using my Mothers Kenwood Chef Mixmaster it probably was the oriiginal one first released it has to be 40+ years old , never been serviced and beats like a charm,

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Gladys, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Mixmaster has served you so well over the last 40 years! Thank you for being a Kenwood-ite for so long. Best, Kenwood

Julia
JuliaSouthwest, VIC

My must have!

This is a replacement for my 25 year old kenwood! Bought in December 2018 and have loved every moment cooking with it. The bowl has a much larger capacity, the motor is more powerful and the attachments great. I love the paddle for creaming butter etc and the folding attachment for those delicate dishes like macarons. Would recommend highly to anyone who bakes.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Direct Online.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your review, Julia! We're so glad to hear your Chef XL Titanium has been treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

Almaza
AlmazaSydney, NSW

The machine that does it all

Love my titanium XL! I have been using mine now for 2 years and every week it gets a regular work out at least 4 times a week with buttercream, dough and general mixing. I have a few of the attachments which makes for much convenience. Highly recommend

Purchased in October 2017.

Lisa V
Lisa V

Dissapointing

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $859.00.

Graeme
GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Best mixer ever...I love the Machine

My wife loves using this machine which beats and mixes perfectly. If she has one criticism it is that the mixing bowl is too deep which can make it difficult to get the mix out.

All attachments that came with the mixer are easy to fit and easy to use.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Mistake buying this after being a Kenwood fan !

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Dee K.
Dee K.

Read more reviews - page 2

Xiaolan L.
Xiaolan L.asked

Hi,
I just recently bought a new Kenwood titanium xl. The first time I used it to make a 500g dough. After removing the dough hook from the machine I noticed black metal powder in patches or lines on top of the dough hook around the part that was inserted into the motor and on the circle plate. I worried that the metal powder might drop into the dough as well. Can you please advise what the problem is?

sleyner
sleynerasked

More of a comment than a question, but people on here keep going on about what a huge difference there is between the wattage of the Kenwood machines and KitchenAid.
I have one of each at the moment and can attest that they're pretty much identical. A simple internet search comparing features between the two brands clearly shows that the difference is purely due to the KitchenAid machines having a direct drive, while the Kenwood has indirect. Therefore a 1700W Kenwood machine is approximately equal to a 300W standard KitchenAid
I really feel that this needs to be highlighted more clearly by sales staff and in comparison tables so that consumers can make an informed decision.
For what it's worth, I personally think my 300W KitchenAid is slightly more powerful than my 1700W Kenwood when it comes to heavy duty work like mixing bread dough. I find that the Kenwood moves around more, whereas the KitchenAid stays put. This could possibly be because the KitchenAid is simply heavier, but I suspect that the issue is with a weaker motor and interior weight distribution on the Kenwood.
I'm a bit sad that I purchased my Kenwood before discovering the new Chef model. I'd love to hear whether people find the heating feature comfortable and something they use a lot. The LCD screen and connectivity look really cool too and definitely a big point of difference from any available KitchenAid mixers.

Hi Sleyner,
thank you for your comments. Of course I can't comment on the kitchenaid but can certainly clarify that the wattage does matter for a number of reasons on the Kenwood.
There is sensory loading that ensures when the mix is becoming heavier in the bowl the motor sends more energy (uses more wattage) to the bowl so that it will push through heavy loads a lot easier and longer without destroying the motor. The wattage also helps with the smooth start up of the motor to easily move between speeds up to max or pulse so there is no strain on the motor as well. Our motor is belt driven for the bowl and the slow speed attachment at the front of the machine and has the direct drive to the high speed attachment at the top of the machine so the extra wattage is also used there when using the food processor, juicer, blender or blend xtract giving you beautiful results.
With regard to the movement of the Kenwood the head is designed to flex and move with the food you are creating and the extra gaps where the head actually lifts from on the neck is actually pulling in cool air to ensure the motor stays cool and continues to mix as long as you need.

Anita E
Anita Easked

Rather than write a review, that might give a negative vibe, I’d like to ask whether the electrical wire “burning” smell goes away over time. I’ve used my machine about 15 times since purchasing and it still smells. I was making pasta dough this evening and the smell worries me. I’ve had Kenwood machines for 45 years and LOVE them. The heavy duty motor sold me on the Titanium XL and my old (new Major) one went to one of my daughters, my other daughter got one, and my son bought one too.

sred59

Hi Anita, I have never had this smell. I recently purchased the Titanium XL after reading many reviews and love it.
Have you contacted Kenwood to discuss this problem, there maybe a fault?
Regards
Sue

See all Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S questions

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives

With its 6.7L bowl capacity, this award-winning Kenwood stand mixer can help you whip up baked feasts for small dinners as as well as large gatherings.

Features:

• Planetary mixing action allows ingredients inside the bowl to be thoroughly and evenly mixed
  • Durable build quality, constructed from die cast aluminium body and polished stainless steel bowl
  • Includes a creaming beater, dough hook, whisk, folding tool, brand-created K-beater, spatula and splashguard
  • Powerful 1700 watt motor

What reviewers liked about this stand mixer:

• By far, the quality that reviewers appreciated most was the durability of their Kenwood stand mixer and the Kenwood brand name in general (many were using the Chef XL Titanium to replace Kenwood stand mixers they’d used for decades)
  • The generous bowl size, which means you can make extra-large batches per mixing session
  • Additional attachments worked effectively, with special mentions going to the blender, spiraliser and ice cream maker attachments
  • Although this mixer is a little on the pricer side at $1299, reviewers rarely mentioned this, and the few who did also said they believed the Kenwood Chef XL Titanium was worth the price.
CategoryBenchtop Food Mixers