Kenwood Titanium XL KVL8300S

Kenwood Titanium XL KVL8300S

Love my new Kenwood Chef XL Titanium

I bought this online during Christmas from Peter's of Kensington after checking customers reviews including other brands. The delivery was good and well packed but the light above the stainless steel bowl is not working. The 1700 watt motor is more than powerful for mixing 2.2kg sourdough weekly. It is much better than my Breville Bakery Boss stand mixer which only mixes 1.1kg dough and it came to the edge of the bowl during mixing.

This Kenwood Chef XL Titanium is very quiet during dough mixing and it has 10 years motor warranty. All mixing attachments are stainless steel.

Thanks so much for your review, Su! All the best with your baking,

Best Mixer, same as the oldies from the 60's!

As per my profile, I have had the unfortunate opportunity to own several stand mixers. I have a Sunbeam MX9500 (that I still need to review) that was great, but I stupidly doubled and an already large dough and it hasn't been the same since.
I have also inherited an old 60's Kenwood chef A701 that is still going great, but dont want to destroy it with large batches and dough. So I bought the Titanium XL.

From first opening, what a well constructed, solid (but not overly heavy) stable machine. Love the huge high quality attachments and big bowl. The whisk is the most solid whisk ive seen, Kitchenaid cant even compare. Great safety feature with not turning on if the speed dial is already set when plugged and and the motor cuts out if the head is lifted.

I adjusted all my attachments within a mm of the bowl to make sure I get the best possible mix. Folding speed is so smooth and slow to delicately fold in the flour for a cake. Small quantities are also possible with this machine once the tools have been properly adjusted with the supplied spanner. I have easily whipped up 2 eggwhites with the whisk (I usually use a hand mixer anyway or my little kenwood chef, but I wanted to see if it could do it). The XL bowl is similar width to my chef Bowl, so even though it is bigger (taller) it can do all the same as the chef size bowl.

Spiral Dough hook is amazing and provides the best kneading action I have seen on a domestic mixer. Really kneads it, and not just spins it around the bowl.

Creaming beater is also the best scraper beater I have used. It scrapes the bowl, but also pushes everything back down. Some machines like Breville's Scraper Mixer also scapes the bowl well, but tends to push ingredients up the wall of the bowl away from the beater.

I am determined to use the heck out of this machine, and will report back if I discover anything else or have any issues. :)

Thanks! What a Fab Machine!

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Online for $870.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Price Doesn't Equal Quality

The quality of the accompanying attachments are rough,the dough hook and the K-beater i got both have obvious chips in them(dough hook even got some metal dust at the side which would contact food) , so i contacted Kenwood costumer service.They sent me the replacement, however, the second K-beater still has chip in it, they said they will send me another K-beater, but i haven't received anything, tried to contact them, no reply. Additionally, the mixer itself has a few bumpy surface, honestly, the finish of machine and accompanying attachments/accessories does not look like something priced at AUD$1,199.
The motor is strong, but when you turn the speed over 5, feels like the mixer going to jump down from bench top.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi LCS, Thanks for your review and we're very sorry to hear about your experience. This is obviously not the quality we would expect from our Titanium. Have you reached out to Harvey Norman to get the tools replaced? Best, KenwoodHi, This mixer is a gift, so when i found the defect, the first thought came to me is contacting Kenwood, not asking the person who offered the gift to take it back to exchange it.

Great machine

This is one of the strongest home users stand mixer. The motor is strong the bowl capacity is very big. All attachments are great. I have found that when brand new sometimes the mixing bowl can get stuck. I have put a little oil around the slots that lock the bowl in and this recitified the issue. Over all I would never buy another machine. It is expensive but well worth the money. Also comes with a 10 year warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thank you so much for your great review, Bridget! Happy baking!

Fabulous all rounder!

Absolutely in love with this machine, it works silently and efficiently and is able to keep up with me and my small cake decorating business (needless to say, I use this a HEAP and it never struggles under the pressure). I especially love the Flexi-Beater attachment and the handy light that lights up the bowl as you use it. The huge bowl size is also a big bonus, especially for the quantities I need to make. Thank you for an amazing product Kenwood!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Heavy duty kitchen appliance

This is a true kitchen machine not some little toy. Very well made, sturdy thoughtful design. I can see one of my kids inheriting it! Plenty of useful attachments, we especially love the food processor. Bowl size is generous, and the light into the bowl to aid visualisation is such a brilliant idea.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Josh, Thank you for your kind words and review of the Chef XL Titanium. We are so glad that you are really enjoying using the machine and love the various attachments. Happy baking! Kind Regards, Kenwood

Exceptional Quality

The motor is powerful and kneads bread dough easily. The variable speed control allows for exact speed selections. The halo illumination and bowl cover do their jobs well. My previous Kenwood served me for 37years with no issues so sticking with Kenwood was easy. The most important feature for me is that almost every piece is dishwasher safe. I’ve also purchased the blender and food processor attachments and they too are mostly dishwasher safe. I’ve used the K beater, whisk, dough hook and creaming tool and they performed well. I’ve yet to use the folding tool. I chose this machine primarily for its motor size and have been happy to enjoy all the other features it has. The size of the mixing bowl is great and gives scope to work in larger quantities.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Unexpected jem

After our poor hand mixer died, we decided to upgrade to a stand mixer.
After doing some research, both with friends and online, I had my heart set on a Kitchenaid, but after looking at both in store, we decided on the Kenwood titanium.
It won us over for the bigger motor, 10 year warranty, the impressive studyness of the parts, along with the smaller features such as the led light and splash guard

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A bakers dream! Can’t live without it!

The Kenwood Titanium is the ultimate appliance for any home baker or professional chef. The motor performance is brilliant & the bowl capacity is great. It manages huge amounts of cake batters to bread doughs. The best part are the excellent attachments which are easy to pop on & clean. The food processor attachment is my absolute favourite as it grates, slices & blends perfectly everytime. The Kenwood Titanium is definitely the best & most used appliance in my kitchen! Can’t live without it!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I. Am. In. Love!

I've used a couple of different stand mixers and this mixer is a million times better than anything else I've used! It comes with a large range of attachments that are really useful, I use my creaming beater almost daily, and the attachments are super hard-core and seem like a really good quality! The bowl capacity is one of my favourite things, it's a lot bigger than what I've had before, and as I tend to do quite large batches it saves so much time as I can do it all at once instead of having to do multiple batches in smaller quantities. My other fav feature is how gradually you can increase the speed! Oh my goodness, the days of flour poofing out all over me/ the bench/ my whole house are over! This mixer is hands down my fav kitchen thing I've ever had. It really did exceed my expectations!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I'm looking at replacing my 40 year old Kenwood but found the new benchtop appears unstable. There doesn't appear to be enough 'feet' to give it a footprint that will keep it stable during high power beating. Numerous reviews online refer to the same concern. Can you please advise whether this problem has been resolved.
I have just tried to whisk 7 eggs at speed 6 for my first banana cake using my new stand mixer. It is very stable during high power beating. It is also quieter than my previous Kenwood Premier Major KMM770 which was a discontinued model.

I am looking to replace my 30 plus year old Kenwood mixer. It started smoking last week while i was beating eggs and sugar together for a recipe saying beat on high for 8 to 10 minutes. I have started to do my homework. David Jones has a Titanium KVL8300 and i notice that details below are Titanium XL KVL8300S. Are these two different models? If so what are the differences? I really want to mix breads and dough with ease and need a machine that can cope. I had tried some time ago with my old Kenwood but stopped it as could hear it wasn't coping well. I tried my daughters Kitchen Aid as was going to replace with one eventually. I did not like the one she had as it sent the dough up the top so was having to hold the spatula firmly to try keep it in the bowl. I have looked at reviews and even the lift model i question if it would be very good. I cant kneed by hand as broke my wrist a while ago so it hurts if i try to do this. I also know a machine will do it faster and better. I also bake all my cakes at home and have always loved my Kenwood. Kind regards Chris.
My Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S is the current model with 6.7 litres stainless steel bowl with handles and mixing tools are also stainless steel. It has 10 years motor warranty. I have checked online and I am unable to find Titanium KVL8300. Maybe KVL8300 is powder coated and not stainless steel mixing tools? My other under 4 years old Kenwood Premier Major KMM770 has powder coated mixing tools. The minimum speed was suddenly changed to max and noisy during just 1.2kg dough mixing and then stopped working. It costs $250 to replace the control module after I paid $55 for checking/quotation and I bought it brand new for only $430 discontinued item. I have checked reviews that this KMM770 model is not good as it stopped working again after repair. So I prefer to buy a new Kenwood with 10 years motor warranty and it should be more reliable according to the sales staff. I can also use my old Kenwood 6.7 litres bowl on my new Kenwood fyi.

I bougth mine last dec 30, 2017 what i noticed is that my keenwood titinum xl everytime i used it about 3x of recipe on the 4th recipe it will not run I will wait about 20 minutes then it will run again. Is that natural that during my mixing time i turn if off then if i will continue mixing on the next recipe it will not run. Why this happened is there problem in the motor?
Hi Ruth, Thanks for your question and we are sorry to hear about the troubles you've been experiencing with your machine. The best thing to do would be to have your machine inspected by your local Kenwood Service Centre. If you could please private message us with your postcode we will be able to look into your nearest solution for you. Thanks, Kenwood

Titanium XL KVL8300S