Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S

MPN: KVL8300S

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.3

• Safety
Kathy N.

Kathy N.Sydney, NSW

Ruined my enjoyment for buying a new mixer

I bought the mixer last week from David Jones Hornsby. When I opened , it has a huge stain on top near the light and side of the machine. Nit washed away with anything and I think it is the factory paint issues. Went to David jones and they said dont have anything left in any other stores and I can have the display one for %10 off , so I took it. Now when I am using it I can smell very bad burning, like wire burning inside. I dont know what to do now. It seems i have to stick to my old Breville mixer. I will change my review if the burning smell finish .
(After all this happened Kenwood called me and gave me a brand new one. Thanks )

Purchased in December 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $791.00.

Hi Kathy,
We are happy we were given the opportunity to replace your machine so that you can now enjoy making lots of amazing things.

sred59

sred59Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

I purchased this machine after doing a lot of researching. My poor old sunbeam of 40 years can't keep up with my demands (still goes though). I needed a tougher machine for breads and large cakes. I am impressed with this machine so far. Love how you can adjust the beaters lower if necessary. It is a lot quieter than the sunbeam and feels robust. I remember my mum having a Kenwood Chef and she loved it, so thought it was time to give one a try. Saved for 6 months and I am very happy. :-). Fingers crossed it will last me as long as the sunbeam!

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman.

DBO

DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

First impressions are Excellent

Purchased in November 2020.

H BDO,
Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it :)

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Kenwood Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

Simon5353

Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Satisfied

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $819.00.

DelonghiKenwood

Thank you so much for your review, we love hearing about the great things you are making and how much you love our machines.

Sheryl

SherylSydney, NSW

Value for money

This is still the best brand in my opinion for cooking appliances. It works so well for anything you’re baking with all the different attachments. The noise level is minimum yet it goes so fast and I’ve never had any issue with it. I previously had the kenwood mixer from the 80s and it lasted me over 30 years!

Purchased in August 2019 at David Jones for $500.00.

CherylKenwood

Hey Sheryl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our product. I love hearing the stories of our original Kenwoods lasting so long. Also love that you are enjoying your machine.

Kristine L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty product with shocking after sales service (with Harvey Norman)

We bought this product 5 months ago. The machine started to fall apart after the first month. We only use it to mix 1- 1.8 kg bread dough (total weight). I have to sent it back to Kenwood to repair through Harvey Norman 3 times. It took 3-4 weeks to fixed each time. Each time the sales team in Harvey Norman deny any possible product deflect and accuse me of misusing the machine. I paid $900+ for this machine and drove 40 mins to the store to get accusation from the Harvey Norman sales team 3 times. Kenwood is still refusing to replace the broken product. Bad product with horrifying after sales service are really the perfect storm.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

De'LonghiKenwood
Kristine L.

Motor faulty for 2nd time! Now it stopped spinning!

Purchased in January 2018 at Greece Store for $800.00.

De'Longhi StaffKenwood

HI Lazostat, thank you for your review. Our Kenwood mixers actually come wit 5 years warranty :) Could you please give us a call on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. Best, Kenwood

countrygirlGippsland, VIC

Real disappointment

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,000.00.

De'LonghiKenwood

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us a review and we are so sorry to hear what has happened! We will be sending you a private message and help resolve these issues for you ASAP :) Best, Kenwood.

countrygirl

Two weeks later and information submitted twice and still no response

Gladys

GladysGippsland, VIC

My Mothers pride & Joy

I am still using my Mothers Kenwood Chef Mixmaster it probably was the oriiginal one first released it has to be 40+ years old , never been serviced and beats like a charm,

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Hi Gladys, thanks for your review. We're so glad to hear your Mixmaster has served you so well over the last 40 years! Thank you for being a Kenwood-ite for so long. Best, Kenwood

Julia

JuliaSouthwest, VIC

My must have!

This is a replacement for my 25 year old kenwood! Bought in December 2018 and have loved every moment cooking with it. The bowl has a much larger capacity, the motor is more powerful and the attachments great. I love the paddle for creaming butter etc and the folding attachment for those delicate dishes like macarons. Would recommend highly to anyone who bakes.

Purchased in December 2018 at Appliances Direct Online.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks for your review, Julia! We're so glad to hear your Chef XL Titanium has been treating you so well. Best, Kenwood

Almaza

AlmazaSydney, NSW

The machine that does it all

Love my titanium XL! I have been using mine now for 2 years and every week it gets a regular work out at least 4 times a week with buttercream, dough and general mixing. I have a few of the attachments which makes for much convenience. Highly recommend

Purchased in October 2017.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Dissapointing

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $859.00.

Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Best mixer ever...I love the Machine

My wife loves using this machine which beats and mixes perfectly. If she has one criticism it is that the mixing bowl is too deep which can make it difficult to get the mix out.

All attachments that came with the mixer are easy to fit and easy to use.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Mistake buying this after being a Kenwood fan !

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Dee K.
Dee K.
Carlos

CarlosSydney, NSW

Fantastic product!

Have been using this product for the past year and a half and I am constantly astounded by it.
It has a very powerful motor with a large bowl that cleans easily and isn't too heavy.
I am definitely looking forward to getting a couple more for my kitchen!

Fatimah

FatimahSydney, NSW

Reliable and built tough

Im all about quality when it comes to electrical appliances and that is why I choose Kenwood every time.
I cant love this mixer enough. Powerful and very generous bowl size is a huge bonus for me.
I know this machine will last a very long time even though i use it almost every day!

Love IT

I love this mixer. I've been a chef for ten years and this is by far the best mixer I've had. I now tell every kitchen I work in to get one. The bowl six is great, and perfect for double batches. I also love the light feature (which I often use on early mornings in the kitchen!) I've never had an issue with it and I'll often use it on long 12 shifts of making cakes.

Lina

LinaSydney, NSW

Can't live without my Chef XL!

I love my Kenwood Chef XL. I've had it for over a year now & use it all the time (it sits proudly on my benchtop!). Compared to my old stand mixer this one has such a powerful motor which I especially notice when whipping cream or egg whites in no time at all. The large bowl size is great & use it for both my savoury & sweet creations. I love that you can get the additional attachments too (I now have the blender & spiralizer). And I still get a bit excitement every time I turn on the illuminating light over the bowl!

Purchased in March 2018 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Anthea C.

Anthea C.Australian Capital Territory

My favourite kitchen appliance

In my career as a chef and caterer, I've tried several different brands of food mixers but my Kenwood Titanium definitely stands out! I love that the machine stops automatically when you open it, unlike some other brands which don't stop and cause a huge mess in the kitchen. My mixer has made my cooking 100x more efficient and I only wish I got it earlier! The mixing bowl is generous in size and I've had no issues with it when baking for friends and family. I also have the ice cream maker attachment and it is a dream to use.

Purchased in January 2017.

Su C.

Su C.Perth, WA

Love my new Kenwood Chef XL Titanium

I bought this online during Christmas from Peter's of Kensington after checking customers reviews including other brands. The delivery was good and well packed but the light above the stainless steel bowl is not working. The 1700 watt motor is more than powerful for mixing 2.2kg sourdough weekly. It is much better than my Breville Bakery Boss stand mixer which only mixes 1.1kg dough and it came to the edge of the bowl during mixing.

This Kenwood Chef XL Titanium is very quiet during dough mixing and it has 10 years motor warranty. All mixing attachments are stainless steel.

Kenwood t.Kenwood

Thanks so much for your review, Su! All the best with your baking,

Brennan

Brennanasked

Hello, am asking this question about the Kenwood Cooking Chef XL. When kneading dough using the pre-set cycle the bowl comes loose and starts to shake around somewhat during the kneading process. The bowl does not ratchet into place, I can only tighten it into its holding brace and no matter how much I try tighten it, it comes loose and starts moving around. Does not affect the end product, of course, but is quite noisy and annoying. Is this normal?

Hi Brennan,
Your bowl should lock into place by placing the bowl on the stand and turning it to lock, if your bowl is coming loose after you have locked it in place, can you direct message us with your contact details and we can have someone from Kenwood Customer Service ring you to troubleshoot or you can ring them directly on: 1800 126 659

Mrt Binasked

We would like to buy 2pcs for trial, and would you show me the Certificate of Quality (CQ) and if yes also show me your sample of Certificate of Origin (CO)? My email: bin@bepcongnghiepinox.vn, and contact +84985247768. Thanks in advance!

Hi Mrt Bin,
Can I ask what country you are making this enquiry from as this site is run by Kenwood World Australia. Also as a precaution we do not recommend putting any private information such as contact details unless by direct message.

Mrt Bin

We are from Vietnam. Ok, noted your warning for next time. So, would you send me the copy of CQ and sample CO for our ref?

Hi Mrt Bin,
The best place to check the information your requesting would be at our Hong Kong customer Service: https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-hk/customer-support, where they will be able to help you further.

Michal

Michalasked

Can this mixer be useful also for small quantities like beating 2 eggs, or will I have to lift the bowl up by hand?

Hi Michal,
Yes all Kenwood machines come with the ability to move your mixing tool lower or higher depending on what the cook likes allowing you to mix just one egg if needed. The spanner tool is in your box when you purchase your machine.

Get an answer from our members and Kenwood representatives

With its 6.7L bowl capacity, this award-winning Kenwood stand mixer can help you whip up baked feasts for small dinners as as well as large gatherings.

Features:

• Planetary mixing action allows ingredients inside the bowl to be thoroughly and evenly mixed
  • Durable build quality, constructed from die cast aluminium body and polished stainless steel bowl
  • Includes a creaming beater, dough hook, whisk, folding tool, brand-created K-beater, spatula and splashguard
  • Powerful 1700 watt motor

What reviewers liked about this stand mixer:

• By far, the quality that reviewers appreciated most was the durability of their Kenwood stand mixer and the Kenwood brand name in general (many were using the Chef XL Titanium to replace Kenwood stand mixers they’d used for decades)
  • The generous bowl size, which means you can make extra-large batches per mixing session
  • Additional attachments worked effectively, with special mentions going to the blender, spiraliser and ice cream maker attachments
  • Although this mixer is a little on the pricer side at $1299, reviewers rarely mentioned this, and the few who did also said they believed the Kenwood Chef XL Titanium was worth the price.
CategoryBenchtop Food Mixers