• Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • First Home (5)
    • Second Home (2)
    • Home Construction (2)
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (12) · Split (1)
  • Online Tools
  • Application Process
  • Loan Term29 years

JMR

JMRPerth, WA

**UPDATED** Waiting for formal approval

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi JMR - thanks so much for your feedback - we really appreciate your review. We're so pleased you're underway!

Don't even think of it; it is a trap!

I have been with keystart for 5 years, I am paying $500 at least Extra interest each month to keystart with compare to a main stream bank. I did not have to pay the LMI which was roughly 8k, and see by now I have paid 30k extra for insanely high interest rate of keystart.

I see some 5 star ratings by the new customers, they would realize the catch with times.

If you don't have enough deposit to qualify from a main steam bank... that means you are not ready for home loan yet. Please wait to get the required deposit; but please... please... don't get yourself to the trap of keystart.

Roisin B.Keystart

Keystart low deposit home loan is a great product.

Loan used for:Home Construction
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Cletus - thanks for your great review and insights! You sound like you have a strong plan for your home ownership journey with your equity building goals - we look forward to helping you along the way. Welcome to Keystart!

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Cletus - just wondering how you're progressing with your pre-approval? You can email us on marketing@keystart.com.au if you would like an update. Please include your full name in the email. Regards, Keystart

dave

daveWheatbelt, WA

best place to buy your home from

weve been with keystart over 12 years the staff are always willing to help there customers, keystart has great rates that the banks cant touch , it will be now and forever the best place to get started in the housing market great job keystart

Loan used for:Second Home
Roisin B.Keystart

Thanks for your feedback and support Dave!

Thaluka N.

Thaluka N.Perth, WA

A low deposit does not worth at all when long run! Do not get into this trap!

It is very exciting to build your own home. We were too! The loan approved quickly. We have our own home. But the interest rate is slowly killing you. At the moment home loan interest is very low. But, Key start does not give this opportunity to their customers. Keystart interest rate still sits at 4.94% where most of the others have less than 4%. I pay $2530 for a month whereas my friend for the same amount pays only $1760. This is a huge difference. Please wait to save some money and go with a bank. DONT GET INTO THIS TRAP. I truly regret.

Roisin B.Keystart

Fantastic service! Can’t wait to commence building of our first home

We applied for a keystart loan and with the help of our fabulous broker (external to keystart) we received pre approval within 2 days. Over the next few weeks we worked on meeting our conditions as set out by keystart and once these were met our valuation was undertaken in a timely matter. Once signed off we received formal approval just a few hours later!! Keystart turnaround times have been amazing and I couldn’t be happier with the service. After notification of our formal approval we received the loan documents in the mail the next day. What a great start to our building journey :) thank you!

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Jess - thanks for your review - we really appreciate your support. Good luck with your home ownership journey!

Great service and great professional staff

Fantastic service and very helpful staff,lots of help along the way.a big step forward towards my home loan and it was excellent for me to understand the loan and interest rates

Loan used for:Home Construction
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Nazzareno - thanks for your review - we really appreciate your support. Good luck with your home ownership journey!

David

DavidPerth, WA

Don’t not even think about it.One if my biggest regrets

Please don’t do it.The carrot dangled with the low deposit is not worth it.The interest is unbelievably high.I can’t really believe it’s meant to help people with actual difficulties.Totally unwise decisions I say.

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Kathleen

KathleenPerth, Western Australia

Tired of being given the run around

KMTWestern Australia

Keystart - Don’t Do It!

KMT

Your response does not help!

Homeless with my 2 year old child

Been with them 7 years they've extracted 80% of my super the same with my partners roughly 40000. We hit some really rocky roads with person issues, were all for making any possible arrangement to move forward the loan about 10000 behind no super left to take now.
Sheriff order lock up and hand over of property.im virtually on the verge of suicide.
STAY AWAY

J2pac

J2pacPerth, WA

Exceeded our expectations

Firstly, Thank you KeyStart. We moved into our new home last week. You guys are awesome. Our experience was great
1. Quick turn around
2. Guided us all the way
3. Answered all our queries
4. Customer service representatives were helpful and friendly
I can’t thank enough for making our life happier. I highly recommend KeyStart to friends and family.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi J2pac - thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're very proud of our team and will pass on your feedback, Enjoy your new home!

Dane F.

Dane F.Perth, WA

Excellent to get into a first home, but then you become trapped!

Good opportunity to get into a home, but with homes losing value, you become trapped and unable to refinance. I pay upwards of an extra $600 per month because of there variable interest rate. The variable interest rate is supposedly to cover the fact you don't have to have mortgage insurance. Well I've played above and beyond the cost of mortgage insurance now, and keystarts profits continue to rise!

Loan Start DateAugust 2015

jgd

jgdPerth, WA

Inexperienced trained staff

Being a licensed real estate agent here in W.A. and in the business for over 25 years , I have never had a finance application rejected because of poorly trained keystart staff not knowing the difference between a structural engineers report relating to the main structure repairs and cosmetic defects.
1. A fence is not included as part of the main structure.
2. A pergola is not included as part of the main structure.
3. A bulkhead attached to the ceiling is not part of the main structure.
Seriously how many more loans have you people rejected based on ignorance and lack of training.
Please don’t bother emailing me with your standard template

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi jgd - sorry to hear of your frustration. We understand that you have now spoken to our new lending team. Please get in touch if you would like any further information on 1300 578 278. Regards, Keystart.

JennyPerth, WA

How can so many people use Keystart if its so bad?

Loan used for:Second Home
Jenny

Thanks for reading my comments Roisin when we sell our house we will be in contact, I am trying to find my way around Keystarts websites thanks.

Roisin B.Keystart

Great Jenny! Give us a call if you need any help. 1300 578 278.

Mark B

Mark BWestern Australia

Greediest and most unethical organisation of all time

Loan TypeSplit

mfawcett77WA, 6030

Where to even start??!!

Aaron

AaronPerth

Crap rates rip everyone off

They keep putting rates up neither tho the rba hasn’t so they are ripping off people trying hard to keep there house and they aren’t very helpful and smart butts

marco l.

marco l.asked

When an application has been deferred and all requested documentation has been submitted how long should it be before a decision is made?

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Marco - thanks for your question. Our processing time is between 3-5 business days once we have received all the required documentation. There are sometimes delays if paperwork is missing or incomplete. If you would like any specific feedback about our process or about your application, feel free to call us on 1300 578 278 or email info@keystart.com.au.
Regards, Keystart

Chantel M.

Chantel M.asked

Hi,
I’ve posted before but can’t seem to find my question - my application has been deferred. We have sent through all the information required to our mortgage broker.
Is it likely the application will be declined when it is deferred?

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Chantel, thanks for the question. Without knowing your particular situation or application details, we can't comment on your application. However, applications can be deferred for a number of reasons, sometimes it may be that more information is required or clarification is needed on some items. It doesn’t necessarily follow that a deferred application is declined. Feel free to give us a call if you’d like more information on 1300 578 278 or you can call your broker to discuss.
Regards, Keystart.

Jval

Jvalasked

Hi I’ve owned homes in the past + sold. Through divorce I lost the house and savings . I’m also Buisness owner (paid full time salary) just seeing if these things would affect my eligibility?

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Jval, thanks for your question. Keystart home loans are available for subsequent home owners, you don't need to be a first home buyer. As long as you don't own a home or land at the time of settlement.

In relation to your question about being self-employed, we do consider self-employed applicants, we just require different information from you. Get in touch to see if you may be eligible. You can start an enquiry online to find out if you may be eligible and how much you may be able to borrow, or you can call us on 1300 578 278. https://www.keystart.com.au/apply-now

Regards, Keystart

Get an answer from our members and Keystart representatives