Listing monitored by Keystart

Rebecca
RebeccaPerth, WA

It's good if you aren't a saver... like me

I'm terrible at saving, money is like water in my hands. I'm on an ok income but just couldn't get a deposit together, those cheap flights pre covid kept wiping out my savings! I'm now 6 months in and paying back more than my minimum amount. Interest is about 4.5% and overall I'll probably end up paying them the same amount as the LMI, or even a little more. But I don't really care. I've got the house I want and managing payments, and still putting some away for when travel opens back up!

Do your research, see whats good for you. If you are anything like me, I would recommend!

KeystartKeystart

Thanks so much for your feedback Rebecca - we hope you are enjoying your new home!

Nduati36
Nduati36AU

Recommend Keystart!!

We just refinanced our mortgage yesterday but we were with Keystart for just under 7 years. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Keystart for people who are unable to save a large deposit for their new home. Yes the interest rate is high, but they encourage you to refinance as soon as you are able to and they help you get in to the property market a lot sooner.

KeystartKeystart

Thanks so much Nduati36, we're so pleased you have been able to refinance. Good luck with the rest of your home ownership journey.
From the Keystart team.

Christopher J
Christopher JPerth, WA

Keystart are who you go with if you cant go with a bank

MarkPerth, WA

Great customer service, but is a trap

I have been in my property for four years. I paid $410800 in 2016 to have my property built. It's now 2020 and discovered that I only owe $389000. Interest back in 2016 was 5.55% and now in 2020 is a laughable 5.54%. Interest.

I'm glad I was given the opportunity to get the house, but now I want to refinance but can't because it's become a trap with the interest rate being so high. We've been paying anywhere from $1000 - 1200 per fortnight or weekly. Currently $1000 per fortnight.

When you sum this up - look into the figures closely - It's not worth it. You don't pay anything on the mortgage as it all seems to go into the very hungry hands of KeyStart.

Mark

Yes. I'm fully aware. As I have mentioned, it's a trap. Now I'm stuck with paying the high interest rate and have no way of getting out of it.

Waqar Ahmed
Waqar AhmedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Highly Recommended

We found Graeme very friendly and approachable, informative and helpful, we are in trying times and Graeme was patient and confident that I would secure my finance. I appreciate all his efforts in making this happen.

KeystartKeystart

Thanks for the review Waqar!

Mint
Mint

Don’t Get Fooled, Go to Bank If You Can!

Isla R.
Isla R.South West, WA

Keystart what a joke!!! Don’t waste your time!

KeystartKeystart

Hi Isla, we acknowledge your complaint and have reached out to you directly. Regards, Keystart.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

Jerbs
Jerbs

Unrealistic property values

KeystartKeystart

Hi Jerbs, we acknowledge your complaint and would like to investigate your comments further. Can you please email us at feedback@keystart.com.au with your name on your application and your contact details? Regards, Keystart.

Rhino
RhinoPerth, WA

Go to a bank

KeystartKeystart

Hi Rhino, we acknowledge your complaint and would like to get in contact with you to discuss further. Can you please email us at complaints@keystart.com.au or call 1300 278 578 so we can look into your individual situation?

LeeshSouth West, WA

Great experience

KeystartKeystart

Hi Leesh - thanks for the great review! Sounds like you are all set for a successful home ownership journey - so glad we could help get you started. Enjoy your new home! Regards, Keystart.

Hi Roisin

WA is definitely lucky to have something like Keystart. Thank you for making it possible!

Justin BPerth, WA

Hard work but got there in the end

After 3 attempts i eventually got my loan approved.

Keystart asked me a million questions including things like having to provide my sons passport to prove he was my son.

But there is a reason for everything (which is often not obvious) and if you persist and have patience you are likely to get there.

A special thanks to Jade from their complaints resolution area who helped me with my loan. She explained a lot of things and i wouldnt have got there otherwise.

KeystartKeystart

Hi Justin. We acknowledge your complaint. If you wish you can email us at complaints@keystart.com.au and we can look into your individual situation. Regards, Keystart.

Justin B

Ive been working with Jade who helped me get a loan.

KeystartKeystart

Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to leave a review Justin - we'll pass your comments on to Jade too.
Regards, Keystart.

Kat
KatPerth, WA

Been helpful for me

6 months ago i enteted into the market with the help of keystart and have had no problems. Of course I knew before enteting that the interest rate was going to be higher due to me having a small deposit etc but its still manageable and they save you thousands on not charging stamp duty.
It is also really easy to manage your repayments online which i love.
Each week you can change the figure if you want, just as long as the minimum amount is in there.
I'd definitely recommend to have weekly repayments as it saves you $ in the long run.

KeystartKeystart

Thanks so much for your feedback Kat - we hope you are enjoying your home!

Clinton O.
Clinton O.Perth, WA

They seem to not adjust rates if out of session movement in rates

SOL
SOLGreat Southern, WA

Positive Experience

Our experience was a positive one even though the process was long and thorough, overally it was all worth it.We used our broker Alun Vernals,provided all the paperwork required and got our loan formally approved in the end.Highly recommended!!

KeystartKeystart

Thanks for your support SOL - we hope you enjoy your new home!

Britney Nicholls
Britney Nichollsasked

My partner and myself are looking to get a loan through Keystart. My partner is full time but I’m causal. Will me being causal affect our chances of getting approved even if my partner is full time? I’ve used afterpay quite abit this year but have never missed a payment. Will this affect it also?

KeystartKeystart

Hi Britney – thank you for your question. We do assess casual income, so it won’t affect your chances of getting a loan. We require that you have been employed in your casual position for at least six months.

Your Afterpay account won’t affect your borrowing capacity, that is the amount you may be able to borrow. However if your home loan application is conditionally approved, we will require you to close your Afterpay account before progressing to formal approval. You might find it helpful to read more about the conditional and formal approval stages on our website. https://www.keystart.com.au/loans/how-it-works/the-home-loan-process

You can contact our team on 1300 578 278 or email customer@keystart.com.au if you would like to discuss this further.

Nemesiserat
Nemesiseratasked

Hi can I get some advice I have currently pre approval on key start but when their valuation come to our house and land contract price there is a shortfall of $25000. I want to try to other bank but Im worried that it might be a low valuation again so my plan now is to find other builder that almost the same to our houseplan but the price is lower than the first builder. Can I still be able to use my pre approval or need to do another application to keystart ? Thank you very much.

KeystartKeystart

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. It's possible to use your current conditional approval with Keystart with another builder as long as you are within the 120 days that your conditional approval is valid. In the case that you consider another builder, Keystart will require the new building contract and we will need another valuation to be completed. This valuation will need to meet the current market value of your property. It's important to keep in mind that if you decide to switch builders, you may lose your deposit with your current building company.

If you contact your broker or Keystart Home Loan Specialist they can let you know your options in this situation. You can contact the Keystart team on customer@keystart.com.au or on 1300 578 278.

Tracey F.
Tracey F.asked

I’m a NZ citizen who is NOT a permanent resident living here in WA indefinitely. Am I eligible for a keystart home loan?

KeystartKeystart

Hi Tracey - thanks for your question. There are a number of criteria to be eligible for a Keystart home loan.

Firstly, you need to be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia. We also consider applicants if you have applied for permanent residency and are in the 24-month waiting period category and have a Visa Grant Notification.

Our loans are for owner-occupiers only, meaning we require that the home you are taking out the loan for is where you are going to live for the duration of your loan with us and that it won't be rented out. You can check out our other eligibility criteria here https://www.keystart.com.au/loans/how-it-works/before-you-apply

You can find out if you may be eligible by heading to 'Do I qualify' on our website. This step takes about five minutes and we'll also be able to let you know how much you may be able to borrow. You can also reach out to our team on customer@keystart.com.au or 1300 578 278 and they can let you know if you may be eligible for a Keystart home loan https://www.keystart.com.au/do-you-qualify-for-a-home-loan

Get an answer from our members and Keystart representatives

Find the right home loan for you

Start NowNEW SERVICE