Keystart

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (13) · Split (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
    • First Home (6)
    • Second Home (2)
    • Home Construction (2)
  • Loan Term31.667 years (6)
  • Online Tools

JMR

JMRPerth, WA

**UPDATED** Waiting for formal approval

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi JMR - thanks so much for your feedback - we really appreciate your review. We're so pleased you're underway!

Don't even think of it; it is a trap!

I have been with keystart for 5 years, I am paying $500 at least Extra interest each month to keystart with compare to a main stream bank. I did not have to pay the LMI which was roughly 8k, and see by now I have paid 30k extra for insanely high interest rate of keystart.

I see some 5 star ratings by the new customers, they would realize the catch with times.

If you don't have enough deposit to qualify from a main steam bank... that means you are not ready for home loan yet. Please wait to get the required deposit; but please... please... don't get yourself to the trap of keystart.

Find out how Keystart compares to other Home Loans

Keystart low deposit home loan is a great product.

Loan used forHome Construction
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Cletus - thanks for your great review and insights! You sound like you have a strong plan for your home ownership journey with your equity building goals - we look forward to helping you along the way. Welcome to Keystart!

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Cletus - just wondering how you're progressing with your pre-approval? You can email us on marketing@keystart.com.au if you would like an update. Please include your full name in the email. Regards, Keystart

dave

daveWheatbelt, WA

best place to buy your home from

weve been with keystart over 12 years the staff are always willing to help there customers, keystart has great rates that the banks cant touch , it will be now and forever the best place to get started in the housing market great job keystart

Loan used forSecond Home
Roisin B.Keystart

Thanks for your feedback and support Dave!

Thaluka N.

Thaluka N.Perth, WA

A low deposit does not worth at all when long run! Do not get into this trap!

It is very exciting to build your own home. We were too! The loan approved quickly. We have our own home. But the interest rate is slowly killing you. At the moment home loan interest is very low. But, Key start does not give this opportunity to their customers. Keystart interest rate still sits at 4.94% where most of the others have less than 4%. I pay $2530 for a month whereas my friend for the same amount pays only $1760. This is a huge difference. Please wait to save some money and go with a bank. DONT GET INTO THIS TRAP. I truly regret.

Roisin B.Keystart

Fantastic service! Can’t wait to commence building of our first home

We applied for a keystart loan and with the help of our fabulous broker (external to keystart) we received pre approval within 2 days. Over the next few weeks we worked on meeting our conditions as set out by keystart and once these were met our valuation was undertaken in a timely matter. Once signed off we received formal approval just a few hours later!! Keystart turnaround times have been amazing and I couldn’t be happier with the service. After notification of our formal approval we received the loan documents in the mail the next day. What a great start to our building journey :) thank you!

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Jess - thanks for your review - we really appreciate your support. Good luck with your home ownership journey!

Great service and great professional staff

Fantastic service and very helpful staff,lots of help along the way.a big step forward towards my home loan and it was excellent for me to understand the loan and interest rates

Loan used forHome Construction
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Nazzareno - thanks for your review - we really appreciate your support. Good luck with your home ownership journey!

David

DavidPerth, WA

Don’t not even think about it.One if my biggest regrets

Please don’t do it.The carrot dangled with the low deposit is not worth it.The interest is unbelievably high.I can’t really believe it’s meant to help people with actual difficulties.Totally unwise decisions I say.

Loan Start DateNovember 2017

Kathleen

KathleenPerth, Western Australia

Tired of being given the run around

KMTWestern Australia

Keystart - Don’t Do It!

KMT

Your response does not help!

Homeless with my 2 year old child

Been with them 7 years they've extracted 80% of my super the same with my partners roughly 40000. We hit some really rocky roads with person issues, were all for making any possible arrangement to move forward the loan about 10000 behind no super left to take now.
Sheriff order lock up and hand over of property.im virtually on the verge of suicide.
STAY AWAY

J2pac

J2pacPerth, WA

Exceeded our expectations

Firstly, Thank you KeyStart. We moved into our new home last week. You guys are awesome. Our experience was great
1. Quick turn around
2. Guided us all the way
3. Answered all our queries
4. Customer service representatives were helpful and friendly
I can’t thank enough for making our life happier. I highly recommend KeyStart to friends and family.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Roisin B.Keystart

Hi J2pac - thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're very proud of our team and will pass on your feedback, Enjoy your new home!

Dane F.

Dane F.Perth, WA

Excellent to get into a first home, but then you become trapped!

Good opportunity to get into a home, but with homes losing value, you become trapped and unable to refinance. I pay upwards of an extra $600 per month because of there variable interest rate. The variable interest rate is supposedly to cover the fact you don't have to have mortgage insurance. Well I've played above and beyond the cost of mortgage insurance now, and keystarts profits continue to rise!

Loan Start DateAugust 2015
jgd

jgdPerth, WA

Inexperienced trained staff

Being a licensed real estate agent here in W.A. and in the business for over 25 years , I have never had a finance application rejected because of poorly trained keystart staff not knowing the difference between a structural engineers report relating to the main structure repairs and cosmetic defects.
1. A fence is not included as part of the main structure.
2. A pergola is not included as part of the main structure.
3. A bulkhead attached to the ceiling is not part of the main structure.
Seriously how many more loans have you people rejected based on ignorance and lack of training.
Please don’t bother emailing me with your standard template

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi jgd - sorry to hear of your frustration. We understand that you have now spoken to our new lending team. Please get in touch if you would like any further information on 1300 578 278. Regards, Keystart.

JennyPerth, WA

How can so many people use Keystart if its so bad?

Loan used forSecond Home
Jenny

Thanks for reading my comments Roisin when we sell our house we will be in contact, I am trying to find my way around Keystarts websites thanks.

Roisin B.Keystart

Great Jenny! Give us a call if you need any help. 1300 578 278.

Mark B

Mark BWestern Australia

Greediest and most unethical organisation of all time

Loan TypeSplit

Where to even start??!!

Rhino2020

Rhino2020asked

Hi guys
Basically I want to know if I have transactions on my bank statements that don’t look good will this affect my application and put myself at risk of been denied a loan or should I wait for a for a few months before submitting an application.

Chantel M.

Chantel M.asked

Hi!
We have been waiting for our valuation to come back. We sent it through on the 6th of March and have yet to hear anything from our broker or keystart. We have had to ask for multiple extensions and we are fearing we will lose our land.
I have contacted keystart but they have mentioned I need to speak to my broker.
If there anyway I can get an update please?

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi Chantel - thanks for getting in touch. We'll see if we can find out anything more - please give our assessments team leader Nicole a call on her direct line, 9338 3200.
Regards, Keystart

OCS

OCSasked

Hi, just wondering if you guys offer hardship variation if we have fallen on hard times and allow our payments to stop and interest put on to the life if the loan. For instance with this Corona virus going around some people unfortunately may get sick and can not work. I work as fulltime casual and live pay cheque to pay cheque. I am worried that I may fall ill or my hours may decrease in the near future. I do know banks offer this option. Just wondering if you guys do??

CDE
CDE

Roisin B.Keystart

Hi OCS, we understand this is an unusual time and that many customers are feeling concerned.

We have a long history of helping customers in times of difficulty. If you are likely to experience difficulty meeting your loan repayments due to the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19), please get in touch with us as soon as you can on 1300 578 278 so we can discuss your options. We have a dedicated team here to help.

We have a webpage on our site that we will keep updated as required.

Regards, Keystart

Get an answer from our members and Keystart representatives