KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

MPN: 91005

I cant fault it

After alot of waiting around for the perfect price i finally bite the bullet and gave my arms a well needed rest. The Kitchen aid performance is faultless and i have never had any drama or difficulties using different ingredients. The only downfall is the price of attachments are insanely expensive and sometimes food in the bowl will rise above the beaters. The bowl is a nice decent size and seems very well made.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

so love my new Kitchen Aid

I must admit i was devostated when my thermomix broke down. A friend had one of these and loved it so i decided to buy one. I have never looked back amazing product

Purchased in March 2019 at Catch Deal for $600.00.

Safety

It’s staying on the bench top

After only a week since purchasing this mixer I am convinced that it has changed my life! I made sfincione and it was the dough I have been striving for for over twenty years. Can’t wait to try my standard pizza dough and I’m looking forward to trying the brioche from the Kitchenaid recipe site.

Purchased in February 2019 for $529.00.

Wow!!

I had a old sunbeam from my om previously and when i received my kitchenaid i couldnt believe the difference. The ease of use, ease of cleaning and how quiet the motor is!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Best appliance ever.

I've used these mixers in a commercial environment for many years and they never skip a beat. Will last a lifetime. Finally splurged and bought myself one for home and it is equally amazing. The Ice cream churned attachment is brilliant too.
I've used a lot of the attachments, the only one I would say is average is the pasta roller. The pasta gets jammed easy and tears.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Aria, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your family of KitchenAid appliances! For the pasta, we recommend pressing it down on a table top to create a thin enough layer before feeding it through the roller. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

My awesome Christmas present

My new KitchenAid mixer is everything I hoped it would be. It is quite, powerful and sturdy. It mixes without flinging dry ingredients into the air and gets to the bottom of the bowl every time. The colour is striking, I got red and the accessories allow you to use it for more than just a mixer. Love, love, love my new mixer.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Lee, Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with the performance of your new machine! Happy Baking!

It's changed my life!

I use my KitchenAid at least a couple of times a week to make cakes, bread dough, and pasta dough. It truly has changed my life! Saves me so much and I can do other things while the machine is working away. The attachments are easy to change over, cleaning is a breeze and I also bought the smaller bowl, which is super handy. Definitely a worthy addition to my kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Moni, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

A true workhorse

Really love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It is so versatile and powerful yet will thoroughly incorporate ingredients without over processing. The unit sits on my kitchen bench and is a heavy piece of kit. That said, it is quick and easy to clean. Yes, it is expensive but parts should be available for many years to come and I've every confidence that this machine will last and last.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi there, Thanks so much for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

Saves me so much time for whipping up meringue, and cake batter etc. I gave it 4 stars because I find the mixer attachment by itself cannot "clean" the bowl well, so maybe will need to buy the Flex Edge Beater. I don't really use it for dough making because I find it is quite easy to over knead the doughs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

My Wife loves it!

This mixer the cathedral i call it due to it being very flashy and very, very heavy it something i am happy with. The Cheese and Kisses loves it, it does everything she want with easy. I am no longer the Kitchen Aid!
It is good for me as i can use her old cheap mixer, so win, win!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love it.

Love this product so far. I haven't had it long but have made cakes and buns. Works perfectly both the beater and the dough hook. Have always wanted one and has lived up to expectations. My daughter in-law has had one now for 18yrs with no problems plus my daughter has had one for 2yrs, both love theirs. They are heavy, 10kgs but after all they are meant to sit on your bench. Recommend this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Margie, Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you're pleased with your Stand Mixer - happy mixing! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Rubbish

I am very disappointed with this product.. it doesn’t work properly the top part of the machine keep jumping and making funny noise.
I went back to kitchen warehouse from where I’ve purchased it and they told me I have to deal directly with kitchenaid company. I feel just frustrated.. I still don’t know what will happen next. Tomorrow I will call them and I will see...

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Naja, Thanks for your review and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please let us know if this issue has been rectified with our Customer Service team? If not, can you please send us an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your details and the serial number of your Stand Mixer, so we can contact you to discuss this further? Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Started out loving, now its just a constant reminder of poor product quality

I liked the KitchenAid Artisan KSM150. It has a clunky industrial feel and is a noisy wobbly beast but I liked it. It is a great mixer for making dough and pastry and mixing liquids. I find the dough hook and bowl a bit big for smaller jobs, 500g of flour for a dough or pizza base will just end up clumped on the hook, whereas 1kg upwards it does a great job.
The attachments are good and the bowl and various hooks, whisks or good quality.

Sadly from day one the on/off speed switch was a bit tricky and lacked definite positioning between speed settings. I was assured this was normal and part of the clunky industrial feel, however it slowly deteriorated to the point that in the off position, the smallest pressure on the switch would see it leap dangerously to nearly full speed, a real finger and hand crusher. In my usual lackadaisical way I’ve put up with this as the nearest service center for warranty return is 100km away (400km round trip). I also missed the free replacement in 12months offered by Myer who sold me the unit (I didn't know about it).
So my advice, buy a mixer made in Germany or Japan , not the USA. Unless 1960 tech and build quality is the order of your day.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love Love Love this

My husband bought this while back.
Recently he bought a new pasta maker attachment and mincemeat attachment.
Love the machine. Last long, durable and multi-task with the new attachments.
Good mixes for cakes and dough hook is fantastic.
Additional attachments are around $200 each.

Only negative thing is I wish the bowl is a bit bigger.

Date PurchasedJul 2007

An indispensable tool in the kitchen.

This is a powerful machine that runs reasonably quietly. I have the three pasta rollers with which I make gluten free pasta, the sausage maker and the mincer. I also have the icecream maker which is fabulous all year round for creamy icecream desserts. The mixing bowls are ample for double cake batches. The glass bowl is wonderful for whipping egg whites.
My old KitchenAid has gone to the holiday house. Can't wear it out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Like a supermodel. Nice to look at but not always practical

I've always wanted one of these so saved up for ages. Given the HUGE expense compared to other mixers I presumed it would blow my socks off however in reality I've been very underwhelmed. For starters I was shocked at how heavy it is so taking it in and out of cupboards is heavy work. Secondly the up/down beater head function is on one side and the speed button on the other side rather than both easy access on one side only which needs to be considered when prepping. Thirdly the bowl is supposed to twist into place however again this took real muscle power and wasn't as easy as it should be. Fourthly I noticed there was cake mix on the side of the bowl AND in the bottom of the bowl which meant I had to stop mixing and scrape down the bowl to ensure thorough mixing so the mixer attachment isn't that thorough. The machine itself looks absolutely gorgeous mine is empire red and sure looks regal however if you are disabled or infirm and don't have much muscle strength forget it - it's like lifting a tank. In summary it's not worth the big bucks IMO - the marketing and look of it hooked me in. A prime example of try before you buy if you can.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best Machine

I think its one of the best machine it been a year now that i bought the machine from www.catchthedeal.com.au (Catch the deal) with the great deal plus bonus attachments in such a low price the machine works much better than the other cheap one it's a one time investment but such a relief works smoothly with no much noise, i mainly use it for the dough.. i saved my money specially for this and its worth it for the price $630 with slicer and shredder......SO HAPPY with the purchase. Thanks for the deal guys.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Love my mixer!

I use my mixer at least 4 times a week. I find the bowls ( I have the glass and the metal) are a great size. The bowl scraper attachment is great. The motor runs smoothly even after 10 minutes of kneading brioche dough. I would be lost without it. Have had it for nearly 5 years now and it is still like new.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Great machine

I have had this mixer for five years. I have a number of attachments including pasta maker, pasta extruded, grain mill, ice cream maker, sausage maker, mincer, fruit juicer, and so on.

Frankly it is used all the time and performs superbly. The funny thing is that a daughter bought one and I suggested there were better mixers on the market. I was wrong.

The motor is strong enough for pretty well all domestic use. The size of the bowl is adequate. The attachments are all used and save a lot of time.

I highly recommend this machine

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Love my KitchenAid stand mixer!

I bought my stand mixer almost 2 years ago and love it. It came with various beaters, whisks, hooks and an ice cream maker. Apart from using it for making the usual baking/dough mixes, I use it for making fresh pasta with the pasta press and roller attachments that I bought separately. I have also recently bought the food processor attachment, which can shred, slice, dice and julienne in no time. I’ve also bought the grinder and sausage attachments but have yet to try them. All in all, a very versatile machine with a powerful motor. It does get hot, as you would expect, but I’ve made 2 batches of pasta back to back without any trouble. There is a bit of movement when kneading firm dough, which alarmed me the first time it happened but nothing untoward happened and I’m careful with my dough mixes now. The stand and attachments are pricey but, to me, seem like a good investment as they are well made and deliver every time.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews

i want to buy either a Kitchen Aid Mixer or a Kitchen Aid Food Processor..Im a very basic cook and don't know what would be the best all-rounder machine for me to buy
Hi Toffi, Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please let us know if you bake a lot? If you do, we recommend the Stand Mixer as it is the go to for making cakes, bread, pastries, dough - the list is endless! The hub on the Stand Mixer allows you to grow beyond baking, where you can attach over 14 different attachments which ranges from pasta attachments, spiralizer, meat grinders and the vegetable sheet cutter. The food processor is great for meal preparation for slicing, dicing, pureeing and chopping. You can find more information on our website here. Stand Mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixers Stand Mixer Attachments - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments Food Processors - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/food-processors-products. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

What's the difference between the KSM150 and 5KSM150?
Hi Jack, It is the same model. The KSM150 naming convention is used in America whereas the '5' in KSM150 is for models in other regions. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

The timing in the instruction book regarding the bread kneading is way off. I have used both the methods in the instruction book and having the dough knead with the hook at Speed of 2 did not provide the texture that I want within 4-6 minutes and I am cautious of not using other higher speed for kneading purposes. Please kindly advise whether it is still alright to continue kneading the dough using the hook for more than the required time and does this process affect the machine itself?

KSM150 Artisan