KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM150 Artisan

MPNs: 5KSM150PSAAC, 5KSM150PSACU, 5KSM150PSAER and 5KSM150PSAOB

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now

4.3

• Safety
BK15

BK15Melbourne

I use it everyday

I use this stand mixer every single day ! I cannot live without it. I use it for making dough, baking, making fresh butter, whipped cream and so on ! The only regret that I have is that to use the whisk attachment, I need to change the height of stand mixer using a screwdriver every single time. That is really painful. I tried contacting someone about it long back but got no response whatsoever . Apart from this, it is a fantastic product.

Purchased in May 2016.

RDD

RDDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy..still waiting for response

Purchased in August 2020 at Kogan.com.

Disappointed

My Kitchen Aid broke within the warranty period and no response for months after many mails and calls. They simply do not know the meaning of a warranty. Why promise if they cannot respect ? Really disappointed.

Wendy

WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Underpowered and in constant need of adjustment.

Sam

SamCanberra

Overpriced and overrated

My mother bought my wife one of these for her 30th birthday. First motor blew after about 3 months so we took it back to Myer who replaced it no questions asked. The second one is still going but the motor struggles on any dough you try putting through. The dough hook is poorly designed and you end up with more dough around the attachment head than you do actually mixing in the bowl so its easier to take it out and do it by hand. The beater and scraper attachment don't scrape all the way to the bottom of the bowl either so it never actually mixes anything properly. Pretty unimpressed with it to be honest, the Kenwood we had which it replaced was miles better, should have just kept it

Purchased in November 2017 at Myer for A$625.00.

Maia

MaiaPerth, WA

Favourite kitchen Stand Mixer

My husband and I both use the Stand mixer several times a week. Great for so many recipes. He whisks eggs for making pavlova and is a keen baker. Have bought the meat grinder attachment so we can make our own ground meat. Love it!

Purchased in June 2017 at David Jones for A$690.00.

Gisellecooke

GisellecookeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product

We love this product so much. It is sturdy, works so well and makes baking so much easier. We have had it for years and it is still amazing. I would recommend this highly.

DDshopper

DDshopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my kitchenaid!

I finally fulfilled a long held wish to own a red kitchenaid artisan mixer, and it does not disappoint. It is so easy to use, and I love the free ice cream bowl.

Purchased in November 2018 at Peter's of Kensington for A$567.00.

Sarah

Sarah

Very glad I purchased this mixer

This is a great mixer. It is solid so it doesn’t move when mixing. However this also means that it is heavy and hard to move. Mine lives on my kitchen bench because it’s easier than moving it in and out of a cupboard each time I want to use it. The glass mixing bowl is beautiful and my mixer is the mother of pearl finish which is stunning. It’s quiet enough to use that it doesn’t wake my sleeping baby when on. Mixes throughly and easily cuts down baking/cooking time. All round a great mixer.

Purchased in September 2018 at House for A$599.00.

Bronwyn Hobman

Bronwyn HobmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Machine. Highly recommend

My mum always had a sunbeam and it lasted for decades. I bought one and it lasted 2 years if I was lucky. Had the ability to purchase a Kitchenaid and it is a fantastic machine. Far better than the new sunbeams on the market. It feels well built and does a great job. I bake alot and this machine has been fantastic. Where the same amount of baking burnt out the motor in the sunbeams. Unfortunately they do not seem built to last the decades anymore. My Kitchenaid has not skipped a beat. I would highly recommend buying one if you like to bake. Every house should have one.

Purchased in August 2015 for A$500.00.

Dave

DaveBrisbane

I cant fault it

After alot of waiting around for the perfect price i finally bite the bullet and gave my arms a well needed rest. The Kitchen aid performance is faultless and i have never had any drama or difficulties using different ingredients. The only downfall is the price of attachments are insanely expensive and sometimes food in the bowl will rise above the beaters. The bowl is a nice decent size and seems very well made.

Purchased in August 2018 at Kogan.com for A$499.00.

Elisa R.

Elisa R.South East Queensland, QLD

so love my new Kitchen Aid

I must admit i was devostated when my thermomix broke down. A friend had one of these and loved it so i decided to buy one. I have never looked back amazing product

Purchased in March 2019 at Catch Deal for A$600.00.

Rob W

Rob WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It’s staying on the bench top

After only a week since purchasing this mixer I am convinced that it has changed my life! I made sfincione and it was the dough I have been striving for for over twenty years. Can’t wait to try my standard pizza dough and I’m looking forward to trying the brioche from the Kitchenaid recipe site.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$529.00.

Beki C

Beki CPerth, WA

Wow!!

I had a old sunbeam from my om previously and when i received my kitchenaid i couldnt believe the difference. The ease of use, ease of cleaning and how quiet the motor is!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Aria

AriaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best appliance ever.

I've used these mixers in a commercial environment for many years and they never skip a beat. Will last a lifetime. Finally splurged and bought myself one for home and it is equally amazing. The Ice cream churned attachment is brilliant too.
I've used a lot of the attachments, the only one I would say is average is the pasta roller. The pasta gets jammed easy and tears.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

My awesome Christmas present

My new KitchenAid mixer is everything I hoped it would be. It is quite, powerful and sturdy. It mixes without flinging dry ingredients into the air and gets to the bottom of the bowl every time. The colour is striking, I got red and the accessories allow you to use it for more than just a mixer. Love, love, love my new mixer.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Moni

MoniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's changed my life!

I use my KitchenAid at least a couple of times a week to make cakes, bread dough, and pasta dough. It truly has changed my life! Saves me so much and I can do other things while the machine is working away. The attachments are easy to change over, cleaning is a breeze and I also bought the smaller bowl, which is super handy. Definitely a worthy addition to my kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
TWE

TWEAU

A true workhorse

Really love my KitchenAid Stand Mixer. It is so versatile and powerful yet will thoroughly incorporate ingredients without over processing. The unit sits on my kitchen bench and is a heavy piece of kit. That said, it is quick and easy to clean. Yes, it is expensive but parts should be available for many years to come and I've every confidence that this machine will last and last.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
heyryeh

heyryehAU

Fantastic addition to the kitchen!

Saves me so much time for whipping up meringue, and cake batter etc. I gave it 4 stars because I find the mixer attachment by itself cannot "clean" the bowl well, so maybe will need to buy the Flex Edge Beater. I don't really use it for dough making because I find it is quite easy to over knead the doughs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Chad

ChadMelbourne

My Wife loves it!

This mixer the cathedral i call it due to it being very flashy and very, very heavy it something i am happy with. The Cheese and Kisses loves it, it does everything she want with easy. I am no longer the Kitchen Aid!
It is good for me as i can use her old cheap mixer, so win, win!

Date PurchasedDec 2017