KitchenAid KSM160 Artisan

KitchenAid KSM160 Artisan

MPNs: 36273762, 5KSM160PSAAC, 5KSM160PSACU and 4 more

Durable well made product

Off the box my first impression is that this is a very well made solid product. I’m hoping that it will be as durable as it seems. It works well and does the job that it is meant to do plus more. The number of accessories is amazing - more than what I can afford or use. Still it’s good to know that the option is there. Will definitely recommend.

Terrible

Broke down early on. Good motor but the rest makes it over priced and not fix for purpose. No good for making bread even though it comes with a mixing arm.

Safety

I can't believe I waited so long to buy one!

I received this stand mixer for Christmas after much debate and research. I absolutely love it. I bake and it has quietly and efficiently done it's job. I have made dough, pavlovas, cakes, biscuits, etc. You do have to stop and scrape the sides every now and then but nothing like the cheap mixers I have had in the past. I will never be without a Kitchen Aid mixer again.

Purchased at Peter's of Kensington for $494.00.

Safety
Hi there, Thanks for your message and taking the time to leave a review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your mixer! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

My Best Friend in the Kitchen

How I love my KitchenAid KSM160 Artisan-Ice... could not be happier with motor performance - a lot quieter than my previous Kenwood of 40 years. The KitchenAid works very well with different food types aided by the skilled design of the attachments & accessories - especially the rubber edged mixing blade...I also have the glass bowl for summertime pavlovas n mango mousse in Australia:) The capacity of each bowl is perfect for keeping the ingredients inside the bowls & not up the wall.... The KitchenAid is good old American ingenuity & great to see made in USA & the choice of colours is wonderful. My KitchenAid is a piece of working art in my Kitchen - I absolutely love it - thank you KitchenAid:)

Why is my review still pending???

Love it and should have bought one years ago!

Love the mixer. Mixing bowls are a great size. Good basic attachments provided, but I do find the cost of extra beaters excessive! Why do they have to be so expensive? Love the bowl shield that came with the machine! Saves a lot of mess.

Safety

I have tried this mixer for the first time today, made sponge and Pav, they have turned out the best ever. I am very pleased with my purchase. I found it easy to use, quiet and effective, I hope it continues to perform with such excellence. I will be attempting a batter next.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Lilly, Thank you for reviewing your Stand Mixer. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with it! Happy baking and making! Best wishes, The KitchenAid Team

Effortless mixing, gorgeous design

I love my KitchenAid standmixer! So far I have made foccacia bread, jam and custard doughnuts, and lime and coconut cake. This mixer runs smoothly, quietly and efficiently. It is a pleasure to use and takes the elbow grease out of cooking. I can't wait to try some of the KitchenAid accessories.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Annabel, Thanks for your message! We love that you love it! We hope you continue to enjoy using your KitchenAid to create more delicious delights. We have over 14+ attachments which is suitable with your mixer - https://www.kitchenaid.com.au/products/stand-mixer-attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Kitchen aid replacement from my mothers hand me down from 35 years ago.

My hand me down broken down in October 2018 finally after 35 years.. I went out a brought a cheap mixer $20 BIGGEST MISTAKE, trouble from the first mix...researched and kept my eyes out for another kitchenaid as I knew they were expensive. Pre boxing sale from David Jones were half price. That’s when I brought my ksm160, I knew from past experience that it was worth the cost and the months of waiting for the right price. The updated model was fabulous, cakes, cream, bread WONDERFUL. i have used all the attachments and the two bowls, looking at maybe another attachment for the future when another appliance breaks down

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your previous mixer served you a long time! We hope your new one serves you justice and continues to inspire you with cooking and baking. Best, The KitchenAid Team

Still learning

I've only owned my KitchenAid for a few weeks so haven't had a chance to try out many of its features. My first impression is that its weight and finish suggest excellent quality and the sturdiness is impressive. Like another reviewer I found that the mixer is too tall to fit in my appliance cupboard so had to put it out on the bench and this is probably just as well as it is too heavy to pull in and out of closed cupboards often. Having said that, it is attractive and I love the colour (Ice) so I don't begrudge giving it bench space.
I am also impressed by the quiet operating noise levels and my experience with making cake batter reassured me that it mixes both sides and bottom of the bowl very satisfactorily. Also found the online registration process user friendly and quick. So thumbs up so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Jill, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are glad you find the registration process straightforward. The longer you leave your stand mixer on the benchtop, the more you can admire it! We appreciate the feedback and hope it inspires you in the kitchen. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Excellent customer service and an amazing product

My kitchen aid works amazing and I love using the dough hook immensely. The customer service is also amazing, I had a faulty beater and one email later, I had a new one sent free of charge (from kitchen aid). The enamel is beautiful and easy to wipe down. The small bowl is slightly less useful than the larger one, which can fit over 4 packets of cream cheese.
I’ve only used the mixer for baking breads, biscuits, mousse and cheesecakes. The mixer isn’t really heavy at all but is taller than most cupboard spaces in my home which makes it slightly difficult to store, it’s so pretty I leave it out though. It’s a quality mixer but I would not recommend getting the extra attachment like the vegetable spiraliser or patsa roller as for less or equal cost you can just purchase the original individual things.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Shane, Thank you for taking the time out to write about your experience with us. We love hearing feedback from our customers and hope you continue using it to create and inspire. The attachments are a great way to go beyond baking and use your Stand Mixer as an all in one in the kitchen, with ease and precision. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Happy rather than ecstatic.

I have had my new KitchenAid mixer for about 3 weeks. It replaced an old Sunbeam I had for 43 years. Have christened it making a few Christmas cakes. The mixer appears to mix really well and is very solid although getting a fully incorporated mixture does take a little more effort with a scraper. I am already becoming comfortable with the different design elements to my old mixer, such as the fixed bowl. The classic design of the Artisan does incorporate a few joints in the casing that make thorough cleaning a more complex chore and there was a minor paint flaw that was obviously ignored before packing. This takes the shine off my new appliance.

Well Impressed

I have wanted a KitchenAid for a long time, love it now that I have it. Just one down side to it, is that it doesn't mix the bottom of the bowl and you have to use a scraper to mix back in. I also like that I have the option of the small bowl or the bigger bowl.
Love that it is as quiet as it is.

My dream has come true

Although have only just purchased my mixer I live it a d am very impressed with how quiet it is looking forward to lots of fun. I also have the processor attachment but have not used yet and Icecream maker will be much more fun . Looking forward to get other attachments in the future.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Why did I wait sooo long!!!

I honestly cant believe I waited so long to purchase one of these amazing machines! I've only had it for a week now & I've made the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted & several cakes. It looks beautiful in my kitchen, I highly recommend KitchenAid! Even for non cooks as it's just so easy!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Nicky, Thanks for your message and the great review. We are so happy to hear your about your experience with the stand mixer! We hope you continue to enjoy using it to whip up delicious treats! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Relaible

The mixer is totally easy to use, reliable with no fuss. With the number of speed, which makes it more easy for making pastries. The attachements and accessories are useful to whatever kind of food you are going to make. It is definitly worth buying if you decide to own one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Tata, Thanks for your message and the great review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and its attachments. Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

One month, 3 uses and it won't turn on. Waste of money

My kitchenaid turns one month old today. So far I have made 1 batch of butter cream icing, 1 cheese cake and half a chocolate cake. I say half because it won't turn on any more.
Whemb it did work.. The motor is extremely noisy, very clunky. The speed of the blade is not consistent,, it speeds up and slows down all the time. But now it won't turn on so it's one hll of an expensive paper weight who would have thought it can't even make 3 items?

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Ali, Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please send us an email to marketing@kitchenaid.com.au with your contact details and the serial number of your Stand Mixer so our customer service team can contact you to assist you further? We look forward to hearing from you. Regards, The KitchenAid Team

Only one word for my KSM160 KitchenAid Stand Mixer - PERFECT!!!

This mixer is certainly one to be extremely happy with. I'm so, so happy I bought mine - I always wanted one of these but I had to save for it. It is worth it's weight in gold!
I've been baking now for my family for approx. 45 years & the performance of this mixer has no comparison with any other I've ever used. This machine is amazing!!
I'm yet to buy some of the attachments, but for now I'm happy to have this mixer.
Coming with 2 size bowls makes things so much easier too!
The only negative thing I can say about my KitchenAid KSM160 Stand Mixer is, "I waited too long to buy this.
I'm honoured to highly recommend this machine. If you haven't got one yet; don't waste more of your time...go get one ASAP!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Sheree, We are delighted to hear such a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Stand Mixer and that it keeps you feeling inspired with delicious new recipes! Best regards, The KitchenAid Team

Great for the avid cook

I had been wanting one of these for a long time & I finally lashed out & got one. I absolutely love it, it makes cooking a breeze. It has quite a few speed options which are great, but just make sure you have the cover on if you are using a higher speed, otherwise there may be a bit of mess. There are a great range of accessories which can do almost anything & the fact that it came with two different size bowls makes baking a breeze. I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Melissa, Thanks for your review – we’re happy to hear you love your Stand Mixer! Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

Satisfied!

I love this product, and have used it to make lots of batters and doughs. The option for other separate attachments for the machine is a huge plus, and makes everything easier. I also find myself using the meat grinder attachment often. One huge con however is the weight of the appliance, but its' functionality makes up for it. Overall it's a great stand mixer, and worth the investment.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Crystal, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always love and appreciate hearing great feedback from our customers on their experience with any of our products. Enjoy using your Stand Mixer! Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

Disappointing

Purchased my machine a week ago and when I used it for the first time it emitted a loud, continuous, screeching noise and tiny shards of metal landed in my cake mix. I have waited for years to purchase one of these machines as to me Kitchen Aid has always been the “holy grail” of mixers. I couldn’t believe that I had received a “dud”! However I have been very impressed by Kitchen Aid Customer Service, extremely prompt and helpful.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Margy, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Stand Mixer. I hope our Customer Service team has been able to further assist and rectify this issue. Thanks, The KitchenAid Team

See all KitchenAid Stand Mixer reviews