Kmart 2000W Bagged

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not too bad for the price

Good quality vacuum. Suck dust effectively and easy to store and design look good. For similar vacuum with brand name will definitely cost triple the price. It is cheap n give good quality work. I love kmart

Trusty and Functional

I have been using the Vacuum cleaner for over 2 years now, and I cant fault it. Its as good as a cheap vacuum can get. It has the below points:
1) easy to clean
2) sufficient power for suction
3) good on carpet and tiles
4) not very heavy to carry

So if you don't want to invest in anything expensive, this one is a good buy. It lasts and does the job!

Purchased in January 2017.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

Does the job!

This vacuum is cheap and I use it on tiled floors. It does okay on carpets and I usually run it twice. It's a bit bulky but it nothing much to complain about for the price tag. Comes with accessories neatly packed inside of the panel integrated into the vacuum housing.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart for $49.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Clogging Issues No

Works efficiently except for that it's bulky

This vacuum cleaner was gifted to us when we first moved in a rented house in Melbourne from my husband's boss. It is easy to run and works efficiently. It effectively cleans away dust, lint and hair from the carpet. It's only that I find it a bit bulky to move it from one room to another, though it doesn't require lifting.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Designed to fail on carpet

Cord length is OK. Quality on floor is OK. Too noisy. But on carpet, it is not at all good. On carpet does not provide suction, because its floor head gets lifted from front if the wand is tilted even a bit. Workaround is to keep the pole exactly vertical, which is the main pain.
Overall, it is OK for its price, but only for floor.
Not recommended for carpet.
When I bought it, it had the issue on carpet cleaning as mentioned above. I replaced it thinking that only that one had issue, but second one also have same issue. So I returned it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

OK at best

We have a rental house at the moment and this was the cheapest vacuum I could find that takes bags (came with five) It is surprisingly soldly made and is finished in white plastic, It has a soso quality floor tool and metals wands. Performance is OK not great but that's OK for us at the moment. When we buy I will upgrade

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Looks very nice

Looks very nice but that's about it! It is weak as a vacuum and I suggest you spend a bit more and get a more powerful one. It's a really good looking machine, the wand and floor tool are good, the cord length is good they just forgot to put a powerful enough motor in it to vacuum effectively!

Super average vacuum.

This is not a good vacuum. I has very little suction power and you have to go over things time and time again to pick anything up. It has some good points: it looks nice, the cord length is adequate and it comes with five free bags and one already inside the machine but in terms of usable power. Nope, its gutless. Look elsewhere.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Nice design but very basic

This is quite a strange vacuum. I was really pleased with how it looked unboxing it. Its solid and heavy finished in a nice cream colour. It just comes with a the floor thread tool and the tubes (steel) and the hose - no extra accessories such as crevice tool. That's ok as its very cheap, I thought I had a real bargain! Even turning it on gave a satisfying sound. I went right ahead and vacuumed the lounge and main bedroom and that's when the I found out that it doesn't actually do all that much. It looks, like a vacuum, runs like a vacuum but picks up very little! Would be a good prop in a movie but as far as actual vacuuming goes. Hmm very average!

Does an alright job

I have mixed opinions about this vacuum. Onne one had is looks really good and is strongly built. Its almost over-spec with thick wheels and strong good quality plastics used. It has decent quality floor tools too and a metal wand and comes with a free packed of bags. Its pretty noisy and powerful sounding when running but it doesn't actually do all that much - thats is to say the suction power is just average and more like what you would expect from a $49 machine!

Not Powerful Looks Good

I agree with the others here. this vacuum looks nice but is very under powered. It also makes a lot of noise that would suggest that it will clean well but it does not. I would suggest that people choose something else unless you only want to save money and nothing else matters . Its very cheap at only $49 but thats about the only nice thing I can say about it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good vacuum cleaner but not the best ofcourse

Performance is ok not the best like the big branded ones but good and works well at this cost. I only use this for doing little patches in my house and that too very occasionally. Bad thing is that It is noisy. Good is that Not very heavy. Now it comes in white color with a little pocket on its top to keep little brushes which is good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Cheap Price Cheap Vacuum

Looks good, doesn't do much.
I was so impressed with the quality of this as I unboxed it. Its made from quality white plastic with good wheels, a decent cord length and quality tools. I doesn't come with any accessories, just the wand and head. Turned it on and did the house which was really overdue - it picked up very little. It just doesn't do much! I will put up with it because I am moving soon but this vacuum is cheap for a good reason.

Weak Suction

This is almost like a mock up of a vacuum. It looks excellent. Its heavy and well made and even has steel wands. I checked that it had a bag installed, attached everything and turned it on and... its hopeless. It makes sound like a vacuum but when you put your hand over the end of it theres hardly any power there. I cant recommend this, its weak.

Took It Back

This looked promising but it kept cutting out the first time I used it so please take that into account as I got a defective one. It half stopped and turned itself back on three times while I was using it. Apart from that its seemed like amazing value for $49. A robust bagged vacuum that did the job fine. It even came with 5 spare bags., Assuming that my problem was a rarity. Construction looked nice and it has a metal wand too. Kmart were fine about the return and I decided not to exchange it in case the whole batch was faulty.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good product

Good buy with reaosnable price. Works well like those big branded and expensive units. Never expected to last this long may be i am not using it more often. Very good deal all you need is you job done no matter how much you pay, it could be bit noisy but cant complain when see the price tag.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

No Suction Usless Vacuum

I am taking this back to Kmart. It has very weak suction. It comes with a floor tool and no accessories. The wand and head look like they are good quality and the machine looks nice but it's hard to see why they bothered making this model because it makes noise and turns on but when you put your hand over the wand to feel the pressure there is hardly anything there. It just does not create enough suction to do any proper cleaning. It's completely useless.

Good Looking But Underpowered

I got this last weekend and my first impressions was that it looked, very nice. I have given it a good workout doing the hall, lounge and one bedroom and I was surprised how little it had picked up. My old bagless would have needed emptying by this point but the bag was only 1/3rd full so I guess the actual suction isn't amazing. This model takes paper bags and comes with five in the box and one it the machine. I will keep it as it's just a rental house but I wouldn't recommend this to other because the suction just isn't there.

Value for money

Bought this for 50$ I guess, around 2 years back. Still in used and going strong. No fuss , powerful cleaner does the work.
Easily pulls in dust and small particles without any drama. Bag usually requires a change every quarter. But depends on the usage. Go for it, if you are on tight budget and doesnt want to splurge on so called branded ones.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Gets the job done

For the price you can't really complain. It gets the job done and comes with some handy attachments. I'm happy with my purchase. It could really use some extra power but if you clean and tidy all the time and you should be OK. Kmart is my new best friend.