MPN: SL157C

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don't Bother Buying This Vacuum Cleaner

I purchased this bagless vacuum cleaner from KMart fairly recently. I was REALLY disappointed! It is VERY hard to clean out as some of the dirt/fluff gets trapped in some parts of the vacuum. I've got fairly flat carpet (I rent) and the vacuum was also not that strong to get 'all' out of the carpet and particularly 'lint' on the top ie bits of cotton or whatever. It's not worth it. I've read reviews about the stick cordless one, so I'm going to order that when it's back online. I do have an expensive Miele vacuum but I find it's not that great now, hence the search for something stronger that really works and doesn't cost thousands (like the Dyson).

Purchased in May 2019 for $69.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Clogging Issues No

Nice machine for the low price

We just bought a townhouses and had to get a few things fixed, so instead of using our Dyson V10 we bought this cheep unit from KMart.
Pulled it out of the box read the user manual assembled the unit.
The suction was unbelievable to start of with, but soon I was loosing suction.
I checked the filters and cleaned them, which is quite easy.
And the suction returned so I would recommend regular cleaning of the filters.
I found when pulling the unit along it sometimes stood up on its back, this wasn't a major problem.
The biggest problem I found was the small head attachment to clean the car kept sucking to the floor as it has no fabric or brush on it just plain plastic.
But for the price it is a great second unit to clean the car or dirty areas.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $94.00.

Kmart vacuums

Homebrand vacuum cleaner. The vacuum is bagless is better than any vacuum I've used.
If you clean out the dust regularly the vacuum performance is fanastic on al floor tyes highly recommended

Purchased in January 2015 at Kmart for $49.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

My go to vacuum

Over the years I have owned numerous brands of vacuums, wertheim, Miele, Hoover and Dyson, all fantastic products. I still have my Dyson which I use indoors but I needed one for the back room (children’s junk room) so I headed off to Kmart to buy a “cheap one”. Well, was I surprised.. it’s great, the suction is way beyond what I expected, works great on both hard and soft surfaces. It follows me around smoothly. It’s so compact it fits in my laundry cupboard. No issues as yet with it tipping and rolling AND the price is great. It’s now my go to in a hurry vacuum.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart.

Clogging Issues No

For the price it’s great

Excellent power. Works equally well on hard floors and carpet. Picks up pet hair no problem. Easy to pack away. Light. Value. For the price you can’t go past it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Little beauty

Great little basic unit. I use this on my floor boards, tiles and large floor rug. Has good suction on all these surfaces. Sturdy and compact and doesn’t tip over.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Static shocks...

Honestly I would give five stars but unfortunately I keep getting static zaps from two screws near the very top of the handle. Other than that it works a treat.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for $95.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

It really sucks!

Bought this vaccum about 1.5 years ago, this little bugger really sucks since the first day! I think my mom bought it for $55(if i remeber correctly) and i was really wondering if it could pick up any dirt at all, but after 1.5 years of use, it still works as great as first day! To be honest I only vaccum my 2 bedrooms unit(wooden floor) 3 times a month, every now and then I give it a good clean - take out the filter and wash the sponge filter(suppose you only need to dump the dust on Dyson??) but thats all, after a good clean the suction is as strong as new, it evens sucks out 2 buttons from my keyboard!

Cons....
Noisy
Some of you may want a longer power cord( alright with me in a small unit)
If i lift it up I can hear air is being suck in from the gap between the body and the dust container (handle is attached to the container) it may be a sign of aged but so far doesnt affect anything

After 1.5 years I can now tell you my $55 is well spent, on this little greate sucker, not a piece of decoration hanging(or charging) on wall.

Purchased in December 2017 at Kmart for $55.00.

Floor Type Wood

I'm Addicted

I use this on Carpet and floor boards. I have two dogs who shed hair on both surfaces, and people regularly in and out of the house. I was in shock the first time using this how much was coming up off my floors using the bagless vacuum for the first time. It is easy to manoeuvre throughout the house and on the stairs as it is so light. I love this, for the price especially, it is sucking up better than my $400 Vacuum

Purchased in April 2019 at Narellan for $69.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Clogging Issues No

stops working as well after a few months

This vacuum is good for the price. You get what you pay for. Really good suck when I first used this, but you need to make sure you clean the filter after every vacuum. Working okay for 8 months then went terrible. Will be taking back to put my money towards a decent vacuum.

Purchased in September 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $69.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Little Ripper, K Mart, Anko Vacuum Cleaner

I Got it for $67, being a Multi disabled Elderly guy, it was within my budget, i have only had for a week, but it seems to be good for the price, my son is going to buy one also, I live in a Dept housing flat, it had a massive Cockroach problem, but since i got the Anko, the roaches are trying to get out of my flat, it picks them & their eggs real good, most have been Neutralized, I would Recommend it to you. Only bad point i noticed no manual on how to empty it etc...my points 8 out of 10

Purchased in March 2019.

What a little ripper

Thought this would be a heap of dog sh*t, but how I was wrong! Works a treat and we use it 2-3 times a day cleaning up after two little crazy children

Purchased in November 2018 for $49.99.

Floor Type Wood

Perfect for me

Love it. Work well, suction is good. It looks good. And very affordable. Even if it last for one year still worth to buy it.i would suggest Go and buy

Purchased in February 2019 for $69.00.

Pet OwnerNo

Not sure why there are so many good reviews

There are no positive features I can write about with this vacuum cleaner. I was swayed by the number of positive reviews but after buying the vacuum cleaner I can only say these people have obviously never had a really good vacuum cleaner to compare against. The suction was barely adequate even for a $75 machine. The hose connections are cheap and nasty, ie there is no connection that actually ensures it stays in place so it keeps disconnecting itself as you move the machine around the room. It keeps rolling over but I think this is a common problem with the barrel type machines. Only buy this if you are absolutely desperate and really can't afford anything more and you don't have carpets.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $75.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Reasonable for the price

My old dyson vacuum 's handle cracked after 12 years so i bought this kmart one as a cheap replacement. For the price its actually quite decent. The problems i have with it are it loses suction at about 1/2 full. Also when emptying the canister dust and fluff/hair often clings to the side. I have to bang it quite hard to get this to dislodge at times.Sometimes i have to remove the top off and dislodge the fluff with my hand. Can be messy.Look this will do the job but in no way does it beat my dyson. So if you can afford better i say buy better.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Piece of junk, stop working after 12 months

If you want a cheap vacuum that will last 1 year - this product is for you.

The vacuum lasted 12 months 3 weeks - Kmart refused to refund or provide store credit. Even though warranties mean squat under consumer law.

Don't let the price fool you and spend the extra $$ for a better quality or you'll end up with a lemon.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

1.7 litre glass kettle

Have bought one of these was drinking rust after a week, returned to replace with another hoping it was one bad one. To no avail second one did the same. Suggest take off the shelves to retain your reputation or try another reputable company that will look after quality control with more effort.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Proven cyclonic suction design spoilt by significant design flaws and deficiencies - NOT RECOMENDED!

Yes this vacuum cleaner is powerful, not doubt about that.
With a 2200 watt motor and a proven cyclonic suction design copied from Dyson it has to have good suction.
In fact the cyclonic design is actually improved on the original Dyson design because you can simply unclip the top of the cyclone head and flush out the cyclones and dust chamber with water. Cleaning a vacuum cleaner couldnt be easier!

But...that is not all that is required for a good vacuum cleaner.
Where this vacuum cleaner fails dismally is as follows:

FIRSTLY The main foam filter at the top of the cyclone head is moulded to a rubber seal which wraps around the cyclone head. The rubber seal can easily tear away from the foam filter just by pulling on the lift-off tab whilst trying to remove it for cleaning, thus rendering your vacuum cleaner useless. Yes you can avoid this by pulling the filter off by gripping the rubber seal (if by chance you knew to do this in advance). But what a flimsy design. It says to wash it in water. Just how long will it last before it falls apart anyway. Yes, you can purchase another filter for $16 including delivery from HE Group but for how long before they drop the line.

SECONDLY. The hose and telescopic shaft are far too narrow. You can expect large clumps of dust and hair or even bits of paper, plastic or tape to get stuck in the hose or telescopic shaft and block off the suction off again rendering this vacuum cleaner useless. The motor will then quickly overheat and burn out. Good luck clearing out the passage way when this happens,

THIRDLY: The telescopic shaft is far too short and with the longer narrow plastic hose connection, the whole thing feels very flimsy indeed. I wouldnt be surprised if this broke easily.

FOURTHLY: The provided suction head does not glide over carpet easily and quickly develops squeeks making vacuuming a difficult and unpleasant task. Furthermore no turbo-brush head is included to lift pet and long hair off the carpet.

FIFTHLY: Very short power lead so you must keep swapping power points. What a pain! Too bad if the vacuum cleaner doesnt reach into one of your corners away from a power point. You must use an extension lead.

SIXTHLY: No suction control. The motor runs at full power all the time. There is only the standard suction relief valve.on the vacuum hose to reduce suction (slightly) if it becomes necessary. Sorry that not good enough.

So in a nutshell - potentially a very good vacuum cleaner brought down by numerous cost cutting measures and deficiencies. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great product for the price

For $75 is a great vacuum. Used it to clean our new house and so far doing a great job of removing all the cat hair left in the carpet by the previous tennant. Really removes a lot of dust and crap from the carpet, as well as pet hair.
The crevice and upholstery tools work extremely well. Glad I didn't spend $300+ on a branded vacuum that would probably do a similar job.
Very happy with this purchase so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

it's OK for the prize you pay

Well it's not terribly power full but it does the job quit well and it's not expensive cleaning the vacuum is pretty easy unlike the old one's I think it's worth the money so far had it for 4 months now ,the plastic is pretty strong also just the cord is pretty short needs a longer cord

Date PurchasedAug 2018