Anko (Kmart) 2200W Bagless

Anko (Kmart) 2200W Bagless

MPN: SL157C

Great sucking

This vacuum is great for the price. You get what you pay for. Really good suck on it but need to make sure you clean the filter regularly. Has lasted 6 months so far.

Purchased in September 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $69.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet

Little Ripper, K Mart, Anko Vacuum Cleaner

I Got it for $67, being a Multi disabled Elderly guy, it was within my budget, i have only had for a week, but it seems to be good for the price, my son is going to buy one also, I live in a Dept housing flat, it had a massive Cockroach problem, but since i got the Anko, the roaches are trying to get out of my flat, it picks them & their eggs real good, most have been Neutralized, I would Recommend it to you. Only bad point i noticed no manual on how to empty it etc...my points 8 out of 10

Purchased in March 2019.

What a little ripper

Thought this would be a heap of dog sh*t, but how I was wrong! Works a treat and we use it 2-3 times a day cleaning up after two little crazy children

Purchased in November 2018 for $49.99.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Wood

Perfect for me

Love it. Work well, suction is good. It looks good. And very affordable. Even if it last for one year still worth to buy it.i would suggest Go and buy

Purchased in February 2019 for $69.00.

Pet OwnerNo

Not sure why there are so many good reviews

There are no positive features I can write about with this vacuum cleaner. I was swayed by the number of positive reviews but after buying the vacuum cleaner I can only say these people have obviously never had a really good vacuum cleaner to compare against. The suction was barely adequate even for a $75 machine. The hose connections are cheap and nasty, ie there is no connection that actually ensures it stays in place so it keeps disconnecting itself as you move the machine around the room. It keeps rolling over but I think this is a common problem with the barrel type machines. Only buy this if you are absolutely desperate and really can't afford anything more and you don't have carpets.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $75.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Reasonable for the price

My old dyson vacuum 's handle cracked after 12 years so i bought this kmart one as a cheap replacement. For the price its actually quite decent. The problems i have with it are it loses suction at about 1/2 full. Also when emptying the canister dust and fluff/hair often clings to the side. I have to bang it quite hard to get this to dislodge at times.Sometimes i have to remove the top off and dislodge the fluff with my hand. Can be messy.Look this will do the job but in no way does it beat my dyson. So if you can afford better i say buy better.

Piece of junk, stop working after 12 months

If you want a cheap vacuum that will last 1 year - this product is for you.

The vacuum lasted 12 months 3 weeks - Kmart refused to refund or provide store credit. Even though warranties mean squat under consumer law.

Don't let the price fool you and spend the extra $$ for a better quality or you'll end up with a lemon.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

1.7 litre glass kettle

Have bought one of these was drinking rust after a week, returned to replace with another hoping it was one bad one. To no avail second one did the same. Suggest take off the shelves to retain your reputation or try another reputable company that will look after quality control with more effort.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Proven cyclonic suction design spoilt by significant design flaws and deficiencies - NOT RECOMENDED!

Yes this vacuum cleaner is powerful, not doubt about that.
With a 2200 watt motor and a proven cyclonic suction design copied from Dyson it has to have good suction.
In fact the cyclonic design is actually improved on the original Dyson design because you can simply unclip the top of the cyclone head and flush out the cyclones and dust chamber with water. Cleaning a vacuum cleaner couldnt be easier!

But...that is not all that is required for a good vacuum cleaner.
Where this vacuum cleaner fails dismally is as follows:

FIRSTLY The main foam filter at the top of the cyclone head is moulded to a rubber seal which wraps around the cyclone head. The rubber seal can easily tear away from the foam filter just by pulling on the lift-off tab whilst trying to remove it for cleaning, thus rendering your vacuum cleaner useless. Yes you can avoid this by pulling the filter off by gripping the rubber seal (if by chance you knew to do this in advance). But what a flimsy design. It says to wash it in water. Just how long will it last before it falls apart anyway. Yes, you can purchase another filter for $16 including delivery from HE Group but for how long before they drop the line.

SECONDLY. The hose and telescopic shaft are far too narrow. You can expect large clumps of dust and hair or even bits of paper, plastic or tape to get stuck in the hose or telescopic shaft and block off the suction off again rendering this vacuum cleaner useless. The motor will then quickly overheat and burn out. Good luck clearing out the passage way when this happens,

THIRDLY: The telescopic shaft is far too short and with the longer narrow plastic hose connection, the whole thing feels very flimsy indeed. I wouldnt be surprised if this broke easily.

FOURTHLY: The provided suction head does not glide over carpet easily and quickly develops squeeks making vacuuming a difficult and unpleasant task. Furthermore no turbo-brush head is included to lift pet and long hair off the carpet.

FIFTHLY: Very short power lead so you must keep swapping power points. What a pain! Too bad if the vacuum cleaner doesnt reach into one of your corners away from a power point. You must use an extension lead.

SIXTHLY: No suction control. The motor runs at full power all the time. There is only the standard suction relief valve.on the vacuum hose to reduce suction (slightly) if it becomes necessary. Sorry that not good enough.

So in a nutshell - potentially a very good vacuum cleaner brought down by numerous cost cutting measures and deficiencies. NOT RECOMMENDED!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great product for the price

For $75 is a great vacuum. Used it to clean our new house and so far doing a great job of removing all the cat hair left in the carpet by the previous tennant. Really removes a lot of dust and crap from the carpet, as well as pet hair.
The crevice and upholstery tools work extremely well. Glad I didn't spend $300+ on a branded vacuum that would probably do a similar job.
Very happy with this purchase so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

it's OK for the prize you pay

Well it's not terribly power full but it does the job quit well and it's not expensive cleaning the vacuum is pretty easy unlike the old one's I think it's worth the money so far had it for 4 months now ,the plastic is pretty strong also just the cord is pretty short needs a longer cord

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just right

These vacuums are affordable and have decent suction on them for what you pay for them. And the best of all you can go buy them any time because Kmart is open 24/7. I've had mine for a year and still going good, they're easy to clean out to and you don't have to buy bags for them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Excellent Value

Pros:
Puts my Bissell 3-in-1 240-W vacuum to shame
Its big wheels easily roll over its cord
Easy to maneuver
Comparatively inexpensive

Con:
The black hose handle connects to the telescopic tube with only a slight friction grip, so the user must have at least one hand on the tube, or it WILL detach. Occasionally, even the floor head slips out of the telescopic tube.

I cannot yet write about its durability.

Kinda expensive

It is enough for smooth surface like tiles but I do not think it is enough for carpet. Some hairs still exists after cleaning. So i think its price is kinda high for what it's capable. This product have good cord length, you can use it from a remote adapter.

Good vacuum cleaner

Vacuum is quite powerful, good suction, good cord length, very affordable price. Only downsides perhaps would be that the parts have started to get a bit loose, it is quite lightweight and tends to tip over as I'm vacuuming, and the wheels are not the best at gliding on my floorboards. Other than that, for the price we're paying I would say it is very good value and does what it is supposed to do.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Easy to clean

The home has been recently renovated and has a lot of dust.
Specially bought back to facilitate hygiene.
It is very easy to get started, it won't fall over, the suction is big, and the trash can can be cleaned.
The appearance is very beautiful.
Cost-effective.
It can be cleaned in the corner.
The dust and hair debris that sucks is very effective.
I hope that the usage time can be very long.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The vacuum that doesn't AND does suck

We were hesitant to buy a cheaper vacuum at first but on first use we knew we made a good choice. We've been very impressed with how much this vacuum sucks lol. We wanted the 2400w vacuum but it was sold out everywhere so we opted for the 2200w and impressed we are.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great cleaner

Great vacuum with great suction. Makes cleaning quick and easy. Only purchased last month but so can't comment on longevity but so far so good. Easy to use and easy to empty dust. Would like cord to be a bit longer-no problems tipping over. Overall love my vacuum and great price.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great product

Purchased this vacuum Cleaner from Kmart approximately 2 years ago and I would recommend this vacuum cleaner to anyone looking for a great product for a minimal price.. It has great suction on both carpet and hard floors..I previously owned an Electrolux but could not afford another but this vac is just as good.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dont believe the positive reviews

Heres are the REAL facts about this vacuum.
It looks nice but its just junk made to a price and sold for way above its value!
If i paid $40 to $50 fine, but i paid over a $100 for ours

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Does it pick up pet fur
No, mine struggled to pick up general fluff. I needed to go over and over and over the same area. I have 3 cats and pet hair is a bit more of a challenge to pick up for a vacuum cleaner. I'd go for a more expensive brand for pet hair removal - mind you that doesn't mean a Dyson. I also had the Dyson Animal at one stage that I saved up for ages, complete waste of money. My older Hoover was much better for pet hair.I personally wouldnt use this for picking up pet fur. My daughter has a little pug dog and he is short haired and it struggles to pick up his hair after they have been for a visit and i have to clean up. I usually use my big heavy old dyson for pet hair as its far more powerful.

Where do you store the attachments?
I just don’t know where to put the attachmentsI use a large shopping bag in which I store the hose and all the attachments.Do you mean on the vacuum or storage I just leave it standing up in a corner or behind a door or something

Where can you buy parts?
Its only a $60 vacuum cleaner. If something breaks just throw it away. But you can buy replacement filters online for about $5 each plus delivery

2200W Bagless