Kmart 2400W Bagless

See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wasted purchase

There are multiple parts to pull, twist, unclip to clean out vacuum. It gets clogged with the smallest debris. Lost suction after a few months of minimum use. Love you kmart but not your vacuum. Dissappointing.

Purchased in July 2018 at Mt ommaney.

Product is used: Monthly
Clogging Issues Yes

cleans my house and i love it

i love my vacuum cleaner,the best part is i dont need to use any bags and i clean it out everytie it s just full,very good quaity and cleans very tidy

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $69.00.

Clogging Issues No

Good at what it does. Not perfect.

I recently bought the Kmart 2400w bagless vacuum! I have been interested in this because of the hype that this can replace a dyson, and having had the pleasure of using a dyson multifloor vacuum with a powerhead, I wanted to write a quick head-to-head comparison.

On initial inspection the external design appears similar, but the Kmart build quality is definitely poorer with cheaper/flimsy materials, the tube is thin, the connections between parts is similarly loose.

I was surprised that even though the external design appears similar, and Kmart's branding of a 'bagless' vacuum with 'cyclonic technology', that in fact the filtration system is very different. While dyson has minimal filters and uses their patented cyclone technology to filter particles, Kmart's vacuum uses a series of filters ending in a cyclone that traps dust in a container: 1) HEPA filter (does not appear to be a true-HEPA filter), 2) main filter, 3) foam filter. This surprised me because externally the kmart vacuum appeared to have a set of cyclones at the top, but it's just an external design choice to appear similar to the dyson vacuums (there's just a single cyclone created by a plastic spiraling part to direct the dust into the container). The design is less original, but it still is very effective at trapping the dust. This is important because while it is similar in effectiveness when you buy the vacuum, Kmart's design suffers with long-term benefits in suction/filtration. Other reviews here suggest that this is the case with a shelf life of ~6 months - 1 year. I find that there's more TLC needed with the Kmart vacuum filters, needing to wash/clean them often (extra 15-20 mins). I expect that the filters will break down over time.

Let's talk about the powerhead. In the dyson, the powerhead is electric, with wiring through the tubing supplying the powerhead. In the Kmart version, the powerhead is passive. There is an internal wheel (similar in concept to a waterwheel) that uses the vacuum's suction to turn the powerhead. This means 2400w of suction is not 100% utilised as some suction is used to move the head. Some reviews here suggest a loss of suction after a month. Unfortunately the motor unit is hidden so I can't comment on the motor itself (whether it's a motor issue of if it's a powerhead/filter issue). I can understand why this is a big problem, because if there's no suction even the powerhead won't work to bring up hairs/dust trapped in the carpet. Thankfully for me, the vacuum is functioning properly. I'll update the review if there's any loss of suction.

Usability: let's nitpick. The power cable is shorter than your typical dyson vacuum, thinner, and always seems to get stuck under the motor unit. The tube also cannot extend! Result, I'm always having to yank the vacuum to go forward or turn. There is noise, but it's comparable to a dyson (probably quieter actually because the dyson powerhead can be quite loud).

TL;DR - you get what you pay for. $95 at Kmart, you get a vacuum that sucks well and traps lots of dust. However with the savings, you are hit with poorer build quality, minor design issues, a questionable longevity, and extra filter care. I am satisfied with my unit because of its ability to remove dust/hair and am willing to put up with it, but if we're comparing it to a dyson, I would still recommend the dyson. Save your money.

Purchased in May 2019 for $72.00.

Clogging Issues No

This is perfect. Does a great job for the price.

Vacuum's great on carpet and tiles. Love how easily it moves. Fantastic price. Stores easily as it's not huge and easy to empty. Great suction and great attachments. Great for cat hair.

Purchased in May 2019 for $49.00.

Clogging Issues No

Worst buy I have made in a long time.

The suction is so poor that I believe sweeping the carpet - which I had been doing for about 2 months - gives a better clean. Annoyed that I have wasted my money, but have decided to take it back. Would not even suction dry dirt and small food particles from my kitchen floor. I used this product on two types of carpet - one is the usual flat type carpet now seen in rentals, and the other is more thick that is a rug - but not so thick that I cannot sweep it with a certain amount of satisfaction. I used to own a cordless cleaner that was not totally satisfactory, but it was far better than this product. This is only the second time I have used it! I understand that one gets what one pays for, but this product was recommended to me!!!!!, also one should be able to buy a product and have it work as it is advertised, no matter the price. I also had to have replaced a Mini Blender (same brand) because the one I originally purchase did not turn on. As I do not own a car, and have to rely upon my daughters to take me places that I cannot easily get to - both these incidents are extremely annoying.

Purchased in February 2019 for $100.00.

Loving it

I brought this vacuum cleaner off the Kmart website and I have to say it is the best one I’ve ever owned.The suction on it is amazing and gets my floor really clean.Its light weight and easy to move.Best buy ever.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $99.00.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I used this vacuum for about 8 months in a one bedroom apartment with tiles and carpet. Started to lose suction even after a couple of months, and that is with me cleaning it out after every use. It is also quite difficult to clean I found compared to other cheaper vacuums I've had previously. Wish I never wasted my money on this. Should have just bought a proper vacuum as it was hopeless on carpet. I don't live with any animals but I know this wouldn't do anything to pick up dog/cat hair. The stuff it did manage to pick up (usually on smooth tiled floors) would constantly get clogged in the tube/pipe so I would have to stop multiple times to clear it out even though my place was tiny.

Purchased in March 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $99.00.

Unfortunate buy

At first I thought this is a good buy for general house vacuuming. Then, after use of it for one year it started shutting itself off after 20 minute use. I had to time well where I wanted to vacuum. It ended up being so bad that I could not clean a carpet without it shutting off every three minutes. You then have to leave it for 24 hours before the motor is able to go again - that meant that I had little bits of carpet done over a period of 5 days - ridiculous!

Purchased in November 2017 for $99.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Don't waste your money

Like the other reviewer said, pet hair and fluff gets caught in the inner barrel and have to remove manually (you get covered in dust & dirt). Seal falls out everytime you empty. The catch broke on the barrel not long after purchase and now hardly any suction. The cheap piece of sponge that acts as a filter was stuck to the machine the first time I emptied it and ripped in half. I wouldn't recommend buying.

Purchased in November 2018 for $99.00.

Does what I need

I was looking for a vacuum machine to keep my house clean and it does what I need. It is not made to vacuum liquids but it works well with vacuuming dust.
I use it on my sofa as well. The only issue is being bagless but overall it is great considering the cheap price it has.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Returned

Not happy with this vacuum at all. It feels cheap, if you have the other head sitting on the back where it's supposed to go the vacuum tips and worst of all the suction is poor. I had a 2400w vacuum before this from Kmart (broke after many years) and thought this would be an upgraded version of that. It's not. It doesn't pick everything up and the dust catcher on the handle diverts a lot of the power away. It's still not good if you take it off. Will be returning this.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

The amazing vacuum

Its very good and when you tip the dust its a bit messy but its very easy to clean because about the 2400W its great i give a big thumbs up for you people whos reading this you have to buy this is super! thanks Kmart it will last for a wile

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Excellent value for the money

Was going to go to Godfreys but couldn't stand the thought of being told a load of "upselling" bollocks by some spotty faced liar. Looked Godfreys range up online and compared it to Kmart. Comparatively Godfreys didn't stack up. Found this one at Kmart, $99.00, 2400 Watt, washable heppa filters, comes with 2 heads, power brush and normal, and other bits and pieces. Works excellently, 2400 watt sucks really good, no problems and the strange inline dust filter thingy is really handy.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Part broken just after 1 year

I bought it in Nov 17; it had been a ok machine but it was noisy. Now 3 weeks out of the warranty. The handle is broken and could not connect it back. I cannot use it anymore.it is not worth paying $100 once a year.It is disappointing. It is

Date PurchasedNov 2017

powerful, lightweight, powerhead and attachments a bit too lightweight

Yes tips over during use as cord not long enough
good for the car or quick run round
barrel hard to reattach following empty
if your looking for a very light weight unit you can carry around (very light) this is the one
sometimes blows the dirt around as very powerful
personally prefer their upright version (seems to collect more dust)
powerhead not motorised

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Crap vac

Tips over but the worst part is it takes about 20 mins to empty it as the pet hair gets stuck in the circular bit of the drum...seals fall into to bin when trying to empty it...It was a waste of money but I guess you get what you pay for...

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good vacuum for the price

This is good for the price. We have had it for a month now and I can see its good and bad points. On the good side it cleans well, is well made and had decent suction. On the bad side it's very messy to empty and requires wiping down as static makes all the dust stick to it and it requires regular emptying as the power drops away. It's good for $99 though.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

OK Just OK Passable

I was quite impressed with this at first but as time worn on I see it has a few obvious faults. Yes, as everyone says it is powerful BUT not for long as it is not really cyclonic and stacks the dirt in a lopsided fashion and quickly runs out of puff. The second factor is that it has a huge central filter and you MUST remove this and clean it out regularly to keep it running well. - this is a very messy job and had me questioning the whole "bagless" thing. Its cheap but it has flaws.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

affordable vacuum cleaner

Good vacuum cleaner at cheap price for daily use. easy to store , easy to use. The only drawback is the pipe holder is not good enough. It doesnot really hold the pipe in position. Other than that it serves whatever its made for. Its a good value for your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

You won t believe until you get one

So i was looking for a new vacuum when my last one broke down and didn't want to put too much as i need it only for the bedroom. Someone recommend me to try this one as the price is really low and i wish i new it before. 3 months on and it still works perfectly and as strong as a Dyson. Love it and would highly recommend it

Date PurchasedAug 2018