Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

See the Best Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

DJY

DJYVictoria

Good price

The price is great and it works as well as any other , don't let the price make you think it is not up to making a decent coffee cause you would be wrong. This little unit looks great and works well.

Purchased at Wodonga.

MarciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great replacement

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is used: Daily

Read to see how I got rid of that plastic taste! Great coffee machine!

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Josie Anna

Josie AnnaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I have a burnt plastic one batch one!

The coffee machine itself is awesome and works perfectly. I used to be a barista and I can say that I was very happy with it. Problem is that I got one of the ones which makes everything taste of burnt plastic. Even just the steam wand makes the milk taste of burnt plastic!! So disappointed. The burnt plastic taste actually gets worse the more you try to "flush" it. I got mine in late August 2019 in Victoria. So if you think they had fixed the burnt plastic batch, like me, unfortunately, they are still out there.

Purchased in August 2019.

Peppermint Breeze

Peppermint BreezeGreat Southern, WA

A compact, very inexpensive machine that produces a good coffee at home.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $99.00.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Even miss 12 can use it

Great buy.
My husband loves a "real coffee"
In the morning but the price of some of those machines was just scary.
Not to mention the thought of spending then possibly end up not using.
We purchased this from our local kmart
And have not looked back.
So simple to make a great coffee
And you can purchased coffee grinders that match also a great buy
Easy to clean and looks great.

So simple our miss 12 even enjoys making dad a coffee.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $80.00.

GrinderKmart

MDS

MDS

Great Value

After reading a couple of reviews about the burnt plastic taste it was the first thing I checked. My machine was fine so I suggest that was a batch issue. It’s a budget price and as expected mainly plastic. But it makes good coffee. Excellent value

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Garryg63

Garryg63Hunter Region, NSW

Wonderful!

If you love the taste of plastic with your morning mug then you need this machine! All expense had been spared to bring you one of the most pathetic machines available to the modern world. Choice gives a good wrap I think it's good crap. You get what you pay for. If in doubt smell inside the water container before buying. Then sit down for five minutes till you get your composure back, you'll see what I mean. Kmart returned no questions asked.

Purchased in April 2019 at Maitland for $89.00.

Product is used: Rarely
GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder 11160-01UK (Black)
indifferent coffee addic

indifferent coffee addicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burnt plastic

I like the look. I did several flushes and can't get the burnt plastic smell to go. In fact you can taste it in the coffee after. Totally returning it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart for $89.00.

John M.

John M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Foul burning plastic smell taste that won't go away

As per some of the other reviews the coffee has a strong burning plastic smell that does not go away despite numerous flushing. Not due why done reviews font mention this perhaps there is a bad Bach???. Will seek a refund. Bought this to replace my old Sunbeam Piccolo that is similar price. Coffee is much better out if the Piccolo so will go back to that.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

paully2012

paully2012Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Excellent budget machine. Better than I thought.

The cremer is great, fast heat up. The milk frother takes time to get used too. I blocked the air in pinhole on the frother so I could froth better. The steam wand is a little short but works fine. Can heat milk for one cup in around 40 seconds. Better than my last expensive one. For $89 its a bargain.

5th of June 2019 Update: Excellent value. Great Coffee
This machine is an absolute winner. Makes beautiful coffee. Excellent crema every time. Steam wand takes a little to get used to but works great. This little machine is a bargain for $89. Would buy two just to keep another as they are great budget machines.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Online Store for $89.00.

Nav

NavGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it

It is cheap to buy and worth to have it. I just love it. I would definitely recommend for someone who love coffee but don’t want to spend much money.

Purchased in June 2018.

Product is used: Several times a week
GrinderSunbeam Burr Grinder EM0430

EngineerMJ

EngineerMJAU

Bad plastic taste despite repeated flushes - returned.

This machine is in my opinion not fit for human use. Followed the instructions to flush out the unit on first set up. Despite this the plastic smell was really strong in the water / steam. Repeated flushes made little or no difference. If you lift the water reservoir lid and sniff the plastic smell remained very strong. Tried really hard to like this but in the end gave up and returned it as the plastic taste/smell was horrible and not getting any better.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

veidt

veidtGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Kmart has done it again!

I bought this coffee machine a few weeks back and it has been providing excellent and consistent results ever since. The machine is easy to use and makes excellent espresso with a rich crema on top. It comes with a plastic tamper, which I recommend you to replace it with a metal one.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

sarah s

sarah sNambour

Cheap and effective coffee machine

We've had our Kmart coffee machine for 6 months now. It's easy to use, coffee tastes great, easy to clean. It does take a bit to warm up, so I turn on the milk steamer when I turn it on. Setup instructions tell you to wash through the product before use, so use the hot water option and use all the water from the tank...if you haven't done this it maybe contributed to others reviews on a plastic taste.

I always heat up the milk before the coffee. Great little inexpensive machine.

All my visitors enjoyed coffee from this machine and never complained on taste, have all actually complimented and couldn't believe the machine comes from kmart.

Its very safe, so if you forget to turn it off it will turn itself off.

Purchased in November 2018 at Kmart for $89.00.

D P.

D P.

Avoid! Plastic smell and taste that won’t go away

This machine has a serious problem as I’ve also encountered the plastic smell and taste with the coffees out of this machine. I thought it was something I was not doing wrong but I followed the instructions to the letter and as this isn’t my first manual machine there is something clearly wrong with it. It’s being returned today. Don’t believe the hype and Choice reviews about it, just avoid!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Awful plastic taste

Coffee has a plastic taste to it. At first I thought its just because the machine is new but now after 8 attempts on different days I give up. The plastic taste wont go away. Plastic taste is not quite as bad as b4 though still its an awful drink. Unfortunately for me I read so many good reviews about it online that I threw the receipt away the day I bought the machine. So now I am stuck with a machine that is no use to me.

Purchased in October 2018.

Ant

AntMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Coffee Tastes of rubber plastic

At first I thought it was just me but clearly I am not the only one coffee tasted of rubber / plastic Was disgusting have returned to store For a refund

Purchased in April 2019.

Choice says ‘Best’

‘Choice’ says ‘best’ on their review. Scored 70% compared to deLonghi La Specialista 65%. Judges said crema colour, thickness, aroma, flavour, mouth-feel ( not heard that phrase much ) and aftertaste. ( heard that a lot )
I have to agree with that review. I find the machine lives up to expectation. Mind you I am using a top brand coffee and am doing the right things. I followed the instructions and am making great coffee.
Worth the money.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Timmy

TimmyIllawarra, NSW

It's not consistent and gets worse

I had one for 3 months, and slowly the coffee's got worse, I just replaced it with a new one this week, he machine seems to have a problems with pressure, it seems like it's can't provide consistent pressure of standard 9BAR which results in under extracted bad watery sour coffee's. Maybe it's been my bad luck, I don't know, tried different grind's, different coffee's it's all the same problem. First Machine I was using 10gram piece, then that became watery and sour and no creama after 2months, then I used 5gram piece it was working fine for like 3 weeks, then that became watery and sour and no crema. Now the new one, I'll see how it goes the next month.

Purchased in December 2018.