Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

Kmart Espresso Coffee Machine

My husband gave me of one of these for Christmas and how lucky am I!!! I am very satisfied with this machine.

I just love my coffee am never disappointed with the result of each cup. I tend to drink coffee all through the day and love the ease of use. I'm more of a flat white drinker so can not really comment on the milk frother. The temperature is always consistent and spot on. The machine also looks good. Yes you tend to have to use smaller cups - but, removing the drip tray for a larger cup is no problem. Thank you husband dear, and thank you KMart.

Purchased in December 2018 at Drugscreen.

Don't waste your money

I bought it thinking I would treat myself, we were able to get ONE use out of it. We would clean it and the water coming out of it would smell bad, so we cleaned it twice again and the same thing kept happening. It still works but something inside of it is making the water taste bad. We even tried filtered store bought water and the same thing happened. So stay away from this machine

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Amazing

I think this coffee machine is so good. It produces amazing coffee every single time, the temperature is just right. The machine looks very modern and stylish. I absolutely love it.

Purchased in March 2019 for $89.00.

Amazing

This coffee machine is not only the best machine I have purchased but such great value for money. It makes a really nice coffee and looks amazing at the same time. Very modern. Thanks Kmart

Purchased in March 2019 for $89.00.

Product is used: Daily

Burning plastic taste and smell

If you like your coffee with a burning plastic taste then this is your product for you. If not I would avoid at all costs, terrible product. Have flushed through numerous times and still the same taste, my guess is the hot water is actually burning the plastic and causing the constant plastic taste.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Very impressed

Our previous coffee machine broke down and given that we only make coffee a couple of days a week we were willing to pay a bit less so after going through some reviews decided to buy Kmart's.

Look wise, it is all plastic so nothing fancy and with no functions but just frothing; however, it makes pretty decent coffees given its price. It has a thermometer in the middle at the top so you can check the temperature, so far experience has been pretty good.

Purchased in October 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder EM0400

Exploded causing burns and damage to brand new tiles

At first I thought this product was amazing and too good to be true, which I soon after purchasing found out that it was. I just got new white expensive tiles in my house which when the coffee machine exploded stained, also caused minor burns to myself and my partner. The machine was working fine for 3 weeks prior to this event. To make matters worse I have contacted Kmart 10-15 times requesting an explanation with them now avoiding a response! Can't believe Kmart and their customer service team. You would think an exploding coffee machine causing damage to personal goods and personal harm would be a priority of theirs to explain. Very disappointing.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kmart Retail Stores for $89.00.

Very satisfied so far

Bought this machine 2 weeks ago with some reluctance due to poor reviews. Have used it everyday without and issues. I ensure there is no water sitting in the reservoir and it is dried every evening to avoid plastic smell. Clean it after each use. Makes delicious coffee. Frother is very good builds up good steam. Overall this is a great little machine. Still early days but it has made over 20 cups of coffee with absolutely no issue. My advice so far is to clean it after each use, avoid letting water sit in the reservoir and follow the directions on priming it before use. I also only use the Kmart Steel coffee grinder. It works a treat as well. Would recommend asked on how it has worked so far. Have used Gloria jeans beans and grinders beans

Not bad for the price!

Pros-
Cheap version of a much more expensive coffee machine with a built in froffer
Makes a decent hot coffee and is easy to use once you’ve given it a few go’s

Cons-
The area under where the coffee comes out is way too small and you can only fit certain mugs underneath. This becomes dangerous when trying to move a mug once full as you need to tip it to the side to get it out.
Has a little of a burnt plastic smell the first few times but then it goes away.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Terrible burnt plastic smell and taste

We bought this a week ago and the first couple of cups were great. For a cheap machine, it made a pretty good coffee. However after the first few cups, the coffee started having a plastic/chemically taste to it. Flushed it through several times again (as I did before first use) , some cups were ok but most have had the terrible taste and you can smell the burning plastic smell in the water as it comes out as well as in the steam from the milk frother. Have now given up after washing the water tank in soapy water and rising well and flushing through again. Coffee was the worst yet. Will be taking it back for a refund. I also reported it to Kmart, the woman I spoke to said that they haven't has any similar complaints yet so maybe those who have had this issue also need to let them know. The issue needs to be investigated.

Leaves water in portafilter

I bought with with some trepidation but it does a nice cup of coffee. It is consistent and easy to operate. I don’t use the steam wand so cannot comment. The tamper is good and firm and fits the portafilter tightly. The temperature gauge seems accurate and it heats up quickly. It is easy to fill with water and the level is very visible.
My only complaint is that after the coffee is done the portafilter still has liquid in it. I have tried many grinding sizes, tamping pressures and different amounts of coffee. It is a pain that I need to wash the portafilter for each cup. I have gone back to my other coffee maker (a Rok) if I need to make more than 1 cup. I have given it a few months but cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Blew up and burnt my hand.

Do not purchase this machine. Have only had it for two weeks now and the first couple of times the coffee was perfect and working great. Then when I started using it after a couple of goes it had a burnt plastic taste then yesterday the machine decided to blow the hot coffee up everywhere and burn my hand. Taking back, too dangerous.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Ozone/Burnt Electronics smell in the coffee

Something is wrong with these machines and people should really be carefull using them. I work with electronics and know the smell of burnt electronics & ozone. Every few cups of coffee there is a burnt electronics smell\taste in the coffee and the punginess of ozone. We flushed it several times but the taste is still there.If you taste that , do not drink the coffee and return the machine as teh chemicals involved are not good for you.

worth every cent

after the first tank of water having a plastic taste
i ran a second as a flush it got rid of the taste

after i got the hang of it by some freindly guidance and grinding my beans correctly

it works better than the price tag would lend to

yes its $89
yes it has a couple of issues as the frother wand could be a little longer for a bigger milk jugs

the gap between the base and the outlet could be bigger

but that all really comes down to my mug choice being on the larger side

the frother works a treat even a absolute beginner like me got it to work

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Awful

The coffee tasted and smelt digusting, but it had nothing to do with the beans. Afterwards, I flushed the machine using at least three full containers of water and the taste and smell of burnt plastic in the water remained strong. I returned it the next day. It had been recommended by a friend. Perhaps it was from a bad batch, which might explain why some reviews are good. I hope quality assurance in Kmart pulls this batch from the shelf and investigates the cause. I hate to think that I may have consumed something that is potentially toxic.

Good Machine

Country people please check the prices at your local K-Mart before buying, the Bairnsdale outlet wanted $10.00 more than the online price for both the Espresso Coffee Machine and the Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder, I ended up buying the Espresso Machine, the Grinder and a $6.00 Stainless Steel Milk jug online for $129.00 including postage, to buy this all in the Bairnsdale outlet it would have cost me $135.00 and I would have to carry it home.

The Espresso Coffee Machine needed a bit of trial and error to get it properly sorted out, once I got it all worked out it is good, the coffee is nice and hot and it tastes great. I can't see any problems such as others have reported, perhaps I'm lucky. :-)
I'm yet to experiment with different coffee beans, the one I tried is 'Grinders Crema', which is a bit expensive @$27.00 in woollies.

Does great coffee

Great small machine for the home kitchen. Easy to use and understand. Heats up quicker then a kettle. Small and not bulky like some machines.
Highly recommend it. Great value for the price. Good for busy mums and dads on the go. The temp could be a bit hotter though

Great value for money

It’s a great machine simple but efficient! You will have no trouble with this product if you study a little and know the basics of coffee. The taste will depend only on the brand of coffee you use! Overall great product for the price and makes a good coffee ☕️

Plasticy.

I bought this machine as a gift for my coffee-loving partner, this is our third day of use and no matter what we do or how much we clean it, the coffee comes out smelling of, and having an aftertaste of burning plastic. I’m a trained and qualified barista, I’ve tried adjusting my habits to suit the machine, and nothing has worked. The temperature of coffee produced is fine, but the milk wand takes a while to get the milk to the right temperature. Considering taking it back for a refund or replacement.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cheap and just a bit nasty

I bought this espresso machine today and I have a couple of concerns and comments on previous reviews. Firstly, this is not a semi automatic machine - there are no presets for the amount of water required for 1 or 2 cup extraction, no preset temperature, no descaling function - standard on other units. This is therefore a basic, fully ''manual'' machine in that you need to judge the size of espresso shot and temperature for yourself so consistency falls on the end user. There are also no instructions or indicators to let you know how or when to descale the unit. Next, the body is also completely plastic with plastic ''chrome'' accents and an aluminium drip tray and boiler. For those of us used to semi auto machines, the controls are cumbersome (and also plastic). There is a lack of any discernible weight to the unit for this reason so, even when the reservoir is full, it has a tendency to move when selecting functions or inserting the group handle. The temperature gauge I suppose is useful, but worrisome - judging by the calibration, the boiler will heat up to 200°C - Kmart, surely that can't be right? The steam wand is tiny, and tinny, but seems to create a good microfoam with a small quantity of milk in the right sized jug. One feature that should impress me is the portafilters. There appears to be a mesh shower, allowing the coffee to be extracted in the base whereas in many more expensive branded units, the coffee is pushed through a single pin-sized hole which have a tendency to become easily blocked. Ultimately, I can't see how this machine will last any great distance and resulting coffee is pretty woeful. It is what it is and at $89 you get what you pay for.