Koala Mattress King

Koala Mattress King

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.4

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

good delivery time, but poor customer service experience. Mattress is now unsleepable on.

good delivery time, but poor customer service experience. Over 6 emails and phone calls to organise a mattress topper. Complained about mattress being uncomfortable and lumpy just after the 120 night trial and was told unless it's defective via photos they want nothing to do with it. Mattress is now unsleepable on.

Cherrie

CherriePerth, WA

The most awesome mattress I have ever slept on

The Koala Mattress is the most comfortable and dreamy mattress I have ever slept on. For over 10 years I have suffered with chronic sciatica in my back, and was constantly Waking during the night and morning in agony from my old mattress. From the first night sleeping on my new koala mattress my back pain is gone, and I feel completely refreshed in the morning. I love the mattress so much that I have bought one for my 15 yr old son, and plan on buying one for my other 3 children as well. I highly recommend the koala mattresses to everyone, you definitely won’t regret buying one.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$998.00.

Julie R.

Julie R.South East Queensland, QLD

2 nights in already sleeping better

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,150.00.

Andrea Hadden

Andrea HaddenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing! Would never buy another brand!

This is our third mattress purchase as we have replaced all mattresses in our home. 1 King & 2 singles. Quick delivery & unboxing. Once you go koala you never go back!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Marcus

MarcusGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All good so far

The 4 hour delivery turned out to be 2 working days later (ordered on Thursday morning, delivered Monday)
Mattress is doing well and I have no back pain, I am 100kg so I am waiting to see if there is any “sag” in it after a month or so?
But at the moment I am sleeping well.

Purchased in June 2020.

Sleeping PositionFront
Rach

RachSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not completely sold on koala mattress

Not completely sold. mattress is shorter then our old king spring mattress, we now have a 7cm gap up the top or bottom you can see the slats. I've woken most mornings with low back pain since owning the koala mattress which is just over 4weeks, all i seem do is toss and turn all night. I've given it a go but I'm thinking its not for me.

On a positive note ordering and delivery were amazimg so simple and fast, i love that it's australian made and you get a cute cuddle koala with your order

Purchased in June 2020.

Weigh under 85kg? Koala=terrible mattress for you

Average Aus male = 85kg / average aus female = 71kg. The Koala mattress firmness is designed for the ‘average Australian’. If you weigh under the average, you will experience pain. Mattress Returned after 5 nights sleep.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,000.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Graeme

GraemeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a bad choice for a mattress

the mattress arrived on time as promised. it did prove to be to firm for my Wife and I. after a week we informed Koala, who immediately offered help and send out a soft mattress topper. it arrived in a few days and fixed the issue for us.

The mattress seems well made and we now find it very comfortable and do get a good night's sleep.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for A$1,050.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
EllieM

EllieMHunter Region, NSW

Heck (and I cannot stress this enough) yes!

Buying our Koala mattress was one of the best decisions that we've ever made in our married life. We haven't had kids yet, but I can only assume that the previous sentence will still stand even when we do.

We've had our Koala mattress for 3 years now and it's just as amazing as the day that we got it. It's that astonishing mix of soft and firm. I have to warn you, it's dangerously comfy — to the point where my bladder is the only thing that can inspire me to get out of bed.

It's held up perfectly. My misconceptions about foam mattresses losing shape have been totally obliterated.

Buy this mattress.

Purchased in July 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Megan R.

Megan R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely amazing!

Super comfortable medium firmness mattress I would recommend it to anyone as well as the koala base! So easy to have delivered and I was able to set it all up on my own with no problems. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,250.00.

Brad

BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

I regret buying a Koala Mattress

I bought a king koala mattress through a recommendation unfortunately I regret the decision and will advise people to consider buying something that will last.
The mattress is less the a year old and has large indents where my partner and I lay, we have tried rotation of the mattress but that does nothing.
I have also been dealing with back and hip pain who the physio thinks could be caused from the mattress. From reading other reviews the indents in the mattress seems like a common issue so it would appear to be a fault with the mattress. I weigh 78kg and my partner is less than 70 kg so pretty average weights you'd think the mattress would last longer than a year. Looks like I wasted my money buying a koala mattress.

Purchased for A$900.00.

VickyH

VickyHMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best nights sleep ever!

This mattress is really supportive. Before having a Koala mattress I used to wake up every morning with a headache, but since having the Koala I’ve had the best nights sleep and wake up energised, without a headache. I would definitely recommend this mattress.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala .

Praveen

PraveenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not recommended for side sleepers

I received the King size mattress couple of weeks back. Me and my partner both are getting this numbness each night. Each night we would woke up with numb hand or numb shoulder. We both are side sleeper, and never faced this issue with any of the mattresses we used in life. There is a 120 nights trial policy, so I feel I am stuck with this mattress. The mattress itself is soft and gives support when you lay down. But every night we are waking up with numbness in our hands and shoulder. After spending above $1000 I did not expect this issue. I purchased the product after reading so many reviews. But this one is not for us :( Sad, we have to stick with the mattress for another few months. Not recommended for side sleepers.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,100.00.

Rhiannon

RhiannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome!

This mattress is everything. Both my husband and I are enjoying our sleep. We feel no movement when either of us move. It’s firm and cosy. The mattress was delivered super quick. The entire process has been so simple.

Purchased in June 2020 at On line for A$1,062.00.

Adriana R.

Adriana R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value

we had to upside our mattress to a king & had heard good things about Koala & the like. Decided to give it a go & am really pleased with the mattress. Comfortable, affordable, ease of purchase & delivery is exceptional. When one person moves in bed it doesn't affect the other as much as an innerspring. Very happy.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,060.00.

Cassie J.

Cassie J.Southwest, VIC

Very disappointed

Read lots of reviews before purchasing this mattress but unfortunately these have not matched our experience. Our mattress has developed large people sized dints where we sleep that make moving in bed very difficult. My partner and I have also developed back and hip issues since getting this mattress that we've never had before. It has lead to us sleeping in our spare room more often than not because when we sleep in the koala bed we wake up in pain. We've had the mattress for about 18 months and we are already going to have to replace it, which is not something we can easily afford to do. I feel very let down by this experience.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Never slept better!

The koala king mattress is both very comfortable and supportive. My partner and I both have lower back issues and since buying this mattress both he and I have noticed we wake up with less pain in the mornings. We have both also noticed the decrease in sleep disturbance which has been the greatest positive about purchasing this mattress. It is early days, but this mattress is still in the same shape it was in since the day it arrived. I ordered the mattress at 11am and it was delivered the same day at 7pm and we don’t live in a major city. We were very impressed with this service, especially for the price. Extremely happy with our purchase and we would definitely recommend.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Online Store.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Avoid at all costs

We had our first koala for around 11 months,. There was deep sagging body prints up to 11mm and woke up with headaches, and feeling like we had been hit by a truck. After arguing with koala to get a warranty replacement and yet nearly 12 months later we have the same issues and severe back pain. The koala has been sent to the tip and we couldnt wait to see the back of it.
We have just switched to a A H Beard mattress which was by far the best thing we have done..... Finally a decent sleep.

Purchased in February 2018.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Simon
Simon
Catherine C.

Catherine C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for delivery

My partner ordered this 2 days ago and requested for 10 till 2 delivery it is now 3:30 and its still not here i had things i needed to do today wich even if it came 15 minutes late it would have been fine but it was sent out on a truck at 2 and im still waiting

Stuart S

Stuart SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brought it 11 months ago, deeply regret it

Bought this 11 months ago and while the whole experience started well, I now have to throw it out. The mattress loses its shape and gets deep body shaped holes in it. It has to be turned constantly. I would expect this from a cheap, foam mattress. Highly regret buying it and want to warn others from falling into the same trap

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for A$1,200.00.

Corey P.asked

King

Hi just got our mattress last night just wondering do you guys recommend rotating or flipping the mattress? Would we be okay just to leave it how it is? Just seen a few people saying they’ve gotten indentations where they sleep.

Sleepwell2000
Sleepwell2000

Hey Corey!

I don’t actually work for Koala, but I bought my own a few weeks back

Koala do recommend rotating it 180 degrees every 6 months to make sure you are using the mattress evenly

Hope you love it as much as I do!

G'day Corey,

Sleepwell2000 is right! We definitely recommend rotating your mattress.

Body impressions (where your shape is reflected in the mattress) are completely normal in all types of modern mattresses, including the Koala mattress, and you shouldn’t be alarmed. These occur over the first few months of use where the comfort layers on top of the core are settling to the body weights and most common sleeping positions used on the mattress.

We recommend rotating your new mattress to help create more even settling of the comfort layers especially where there are two individuals with different sleeping styles or weights using the mattress.

Hope you love your new mattress as much as Sleepwell2000!

Sweet dreams,
The Koala Dream Team.

Corey P.

Thank you both so much hopefully it can hold up to the wine test and be comfy has

KJW

KJWasked

King

Am I able to store the mattress for a few weeks standing on its side or will this deform it somehow?

Koala S.Koala

Hey there KJW
This shouldn't cause any problems at all. If something does happen, please don't hesitate giving us a shout :)

Audrey

Audreyasked

King

I live in New Zealand and have just bought a koala mattress from someone who never opened or used it. I don’t know when it was first purchased so don’t know if it’s under warranty.
My issue is that when we opened and unwrapped the mattress it didn’t inflate like the videos show and after a few days it still doesn’t seem to fill the cover. Will this change? Should the seems be on the edges?

Koala S.Koala

Hi Audrey,
Thanks for your question, I'm sorry this has happened. I'm afraid I don't have good news-
Our warranty and trial are not transferable, meaning it is only applicable to the original purchaser.
There should be a production date stamped on the outside of the mattress box and also on the care tag. Our mattresses need to be opened within 8 weeks after this production date, they are not designed to stay in the box for long periods of time.
The last mattress we sold in New Zealand was in August 2018 which means the mattress you have was compressed in its box for at least 9 months.

Lan
Lan

What happens to the mattress if it’s stored in the box beyond the 8 weeks?

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives