Kogan Internet

• Adequate Speeds Yes (63%) · No (37%)

Laurao

LauraoSydney, NSW

Not working for 24 hours now and nobody available at customer sevice

The connection is not working for the last 24 hours. Our family is self isolating and without an internet connection it is quite challenging to keep the mood up. I was for 1.5 hours on the phone trying to reach someone on the help line but without any success. How can the problem be fixed if nobody is answering the phone? I am open for suggestions.

Ross x.Kogan

Internet not working - support not answering

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Does what it needs to

As with anything internet you are promised a plug'n'play setup. You get sent a box. Inside is another box you plug into the wall and telephone and bingo, internet. Not with NBN...

We still had to get Kogan contractor to come out and dick around with our connection in order for the box to talk to the FTTC cables/hardware.

Once steup though, internet has been reliable as. See attached. We are on the silver connection in postcode 2111. No drop outs. Make sure you calibrate your internet channel though as a load of neighbours were on the same channel as ours = interference.

Start DateFebruary 2020

Find out how Kogan Internet compares to other Internet Service Providers

They had one job. And they failed.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
wjdwjd
wjdwjd
Ken

KenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only get half the speed

Due to Covid-19 that require my housemates to WFH, we decided to upgrade to the Gold plan to satisfy the needs. HOWEVER, the internet speed never goes up to what KOGAN promised! Now, the best speed I got so far is 50MBPS. It's been a week since I upgraded the plan and also booked an appointment but they failed to show up.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Put a sock in it Ross

A joke from day one. They forgot to activate my service and for 4 weeks they were saying it was active and therefore I had to get private technicians etc out to my business building. What a disgrace.
They couldn't get a lightbulb changed with a team of engineers I swear.

Gra

GraSydney, NSW

Not suitable for business/home office - drops out regularly during business hours

This week internet has not worked for 2 full working days. Monday and Friday, yet to speak to anyone from customer service 1300 010 400 as "more people than usual on the line".

At least one day a week I receive a text message from them announcing an outage and we lose connection during the day.

Very unreliable and customer service is non existent. Makes TPG look like an industry leader.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Headache from day one

1.Lost connection at least 3 times from the first day
2.The TP-LinkVr500v has the worst wifi
3. 1hr 33min waiting on the phone and no one answered
4. Internet speed 42mbps on NBN100

Worst NBN ever

The worst NBN in Australia ever, cant even watch you tube on low quality without buffering, this is outside peak hours time. I cant imagine what will happen during peak hours.....

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Gee Y.

Gee Y.Perth, WA

Perfect experience with Kogan NBN

My experience with Kogan NBN has been exemplary with great sign up experience and speeds as stated in their contract. Great work Kogan/Vodafone. Will definitely recommend their service to people wanting to sign-up.

Taufan

TaufanPerth, WA

A Liar!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Drop outs constantly

Drops out at least once a day, takes 10-15 minutes to come back online. Very inconsistent and I will be writing a letter to the TIO and I implore everyone else to do so also. Link Below:

Edit: Can no longer use my 5G network as it drops out every 5 seconds (Yes LITERALLY every 5 seconds), takes about 10secs-1min to reload/reconnect. This is beyond infuriating, the service is abysmal.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Christopher, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Internet Support Team on 1300 010 400 for assistance.

MORE DROPOUTS

Connection does not appear to as reliable as previous cable connection. Appear to relate to busy times. Also seems to be slower. Previous cable was more reliable. Thats all i have to say

Larry

LarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

.generally ok

Nearly as good as the Telstra HFC service we had before. Modem has slightly lower coverage in the house. Overall speeds appear ever so slightly slower but OOKLA speed tests show the before and after to be comparable

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Contract Type24-month contract
Gary

GarySydney Surrounds, NSW

All good

We have good connection and speed with no issues thus far, so no need for any tech advice; but I am aware of the contact details if I need them.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Poor performance, lots of dropouts and low speeds (3Mb/s) very often

we signed up for the last 2 months and couldn't load movies and doing research online was difficult. Was more effective hot spotting my phone then using the Kogan NBN.

Start DateFebruary 2020
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Genevieve, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Rhiannon

RhiannonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely disgusting liars!

Start DateJuly 2018
Ross x.Kogan

Connection kept dropping & service poor

We began with Kogan last November and the connection kept dropping from day one. We phoned repeatedly about the problem. The people we spoke to generally sounded very friendly and kept promising to fix it, often asking us to monitor it for a few days, but it never worked. When we said that we were going to change providers and brought up the fact that we should not have been paying the full $78.90 per month for a service that was so poor, the person we spoke to refused to accept that Kogan was at all responsible for the connection issues. Very disappointing - wish we hadn’t been so patient with them and moved earlier.

Start DateNovember 2019
Ruru

RuruSydney, NSW

BAD!!! do not join!!

Do not join with kogan , service is absolutely crap!! $15 charge fee when payment is not made, another percent charged for using you credit card, and they disconnect your service within the 3days, if they have not recieved payment! My Internet was not working for 15days due to faulty through Kogan so I basically paid for the whole month which they disconnect my services! Pretty crap company Kogan!! Should just stick to selling products!

Start DateJuly 2019
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Ruru, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Nathan

NathanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off, special offer not received

Signed up for a deal that was 20 dollars less than advertised, and the bill got taken out of our account 2 months later that was over 120 dollars more than what was billed. Really got me by surprise, I thought kogan was better than this.

Internet has been fine, but the promised dollars per month was not given, I'm shocked and dissatisfied.

Start DateOctober 2019
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Nathan, thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Amby P.

Amby P.asked

Hi There,

I want to join with Koogan, but I would like to know if installations are still okay with this lock down happening? Or is it benifical for me to wait till after. Please Im very keen to jump on with you guys.

caxmoo

Installations are available but be prepared for slower speeds, high jitters and hours of wait over the phone but never expect to be answered. but in any case I don't recommend using kogan internet modem as it really sux. There are other options out there consider before act.

Luckie

Luckieasked

NBN 100 (Gold)

I've connected NBN afew months now and the internet constantly drop out or not working at all. I've cameras unable to access from work to watch out for my kids getting to and from school. Very frustration... Looking to cancel the service soon.

Fired Up

Suggest you repost as a Review

Rahul

Rahulasked

NBN 25 (Bronze)

I have Huawei HG 569 modem I have called three times to kogan call centre to know How to configure it, nobody is giving reliable answer instead hung up saying" we can only help you if you buy modem from us" very pathetic customer service. now I am thinking to switch to some other provider.

Fired Up

I would agree with Kogan. Why do you refuse contacting Huawei as it is their modem ? Hope your next provider does not give the same answer.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

Other Internet Service Providers