4Land Rover Freelander

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Land Rover Freelander57 reviews
Helloyou
Helloyou
Willoughby JohnSydney21 posts
  Fair Incentive 2

Best SUV for on-road and off-road driving

Drives like a car and goes where the Discovery goes. Great value for the price.

I bought my FY2013 TD4 auto new. I have done 112,000 kms without any nasty surprises. I have fitted General Grabber AT tyres that give me about 50-55,000kms.

All round I am very satisfied. Show details

Mark
MarkWAPerth, WA8 posts

Great SUV, goes almost everywhere

We purchased our 2014 TD4 2.5 years ago. After replacing the noisy Dunlops with Yokahama Geoloanders, the car is wonderful to drive and very versatile. It's been down some daunting tracks in WA. Great sound system and build quality. I've had zero mechanical issues and I'm up to 130k km. I'd love it if there was a lift kit available in Australia. Show details
Cameron Robinson
Handling
RGM
RGMTraralgon2 posts

Best Ever Car!

Bought my Freelander Two diesel in 2013 as a demo with 5000 kms on it. A good deal at $45 000 because the old model was about to be superseded by the new model - the Discovery Sport. I have now clocked up 125 000 kms on the dial. Each weekend I drive to Melbourne from country Victoria and back - a round trip of about 400 kms or 4 hours. This car has never missed a beat - a smooth, luxurious drive. It has been the best car I've ever owned. It is expensive to service on average between $700 and $800 - avoid the dealerships & the mark up there. Thinking about getting the Discovery Sport but as of yet not convinced.

Jun C
Jun C3 posts

expensive services and fix but great for drive

Firstly i have to say this is a really good car for drive, leather seats, big space, good looking and bought as a demo car so its not that expensive.

However the services is once a year, unlike the new cars it all one services every two years, it is very expensive to get services in the Land rover Dealer, they cost $800 per services + whatever parts they need to fix or replace, however they do provide free car loan for the day.

the insurance is more expensive than other cars as well.

mikehzz
mikehzzSpringwood2 posts
Nika
NikaNSWHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Perfect car can not live without it

Driving experience is fantastic, very safe and extremely comfortable

I adore the leather seats , reversing camera and all the electronic gadgets

Extremely comfortable to drive with ample space for both driver and passengers

Push button start start/stop and folding mirrors

Happy also to have a panic button and feel safer in dark car parks due to the car lighting up when leaving or coming back to my car

Tee
TeePlumpton2 posts

Too expensive to get it fix

Just spend $3000 fixing my Land Rover and it still not 100 percent fixed so I'm looking for another car instead, the car feels comfortable but you gonna end up spending a lot of money fixing it...even worse because most of them cars are turbo diesel so it's hard to look after them.

Renovator
RenovatorNewcastle9 posts

Love this car!

Purchased my Land Rover Freelander 2 in 2012.

It has been a beautiful drive, handles all conditions well and good traction.

Great size car and fits car seats in the back without a problem.

Love the electric seats and arm rests. The boot fits a large pram with ease.

Very economical with fuel.

Kuryos
Kuryos2 posts
Simonjw
Simonjw2 posts
DJL
DJL

Great, versatile and reliable

Have had my 2013 FL2 HSE for 15 months. Now done 65k. Really impressed with its off road capability; terrific ground clearance and ability for a "softroader". With the SD4, she tows our 16ft van with ease and is great to drive around the city. Very comfortable on long drives too. Exceeded expectations, with good reliability and build quality.

RTT
RTT2 posts

Great Vehicle

Bought our Freelander 2nd hand and couldn't be happier. Has 70k and does mostly rural driving-its previous life was a well maintained city car. Air Con is fantastic, seats are very comfortable, driving position is great and economy is good. Plenty of room inside and the car like handling means it is a good replacement for previous Outback.