Land Rover Freelander

• Comfort
  • Features
Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

My dream car since I was 16 is perfect!

Purchased in February 2014 for A$9,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort
Features

AndyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great SUV

Purchased in June 2015 at Solitaire auto for A$35,000.00.

Noise Level
Features
RGM

RGMTraralgon

Best Ever Car!

Bought my Freelander Two diesel in 2013 as a demo with 5000 kms on it. A good deal at $45 000 because the old model was about to be superseded by the new model - the Discovery Sport. I have now clocked up 125 000 kms on the dial. Each weekend I drive to Melbourne from country Victoria and back - a round trip of about 400 kms or 4 hours. This car has never missed a beat - a smooth, luxurious drive. It has been the best car I've ever owned. It is expensive to service on average between $700 and $800 - avoid the dealerships & the mark up there. Thinking about getting the Discovery Sport but as of yet not convinced.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Jun C

Jun C

expensive services and fix but great for drive

Firstly i have to say this is a really good car for drive, leather seats, big space, good looking and bought as a demo car so its not that expensive.

However the services is once a year, unlike the new cars it all one services every two years, it is very expensive to get services in the Land rover Dealer, they cost $800 per services + whatever parts they need to fix or replace, however they do provide free car loan for the day.

the insurance is more expensive than other cars as well.

BadgeSi4
Date PurchasedDec 2015
mikehzz

mikehzzSpringwood

it's been an excellent car

Date PurchasedSep 2008
Nika

Nika

Perfect car can not live without it

Driving experience is fantastic, very safe and extremely comfortable
I adore the leather seats , reversing camera and all the electronic gadgets
Extremely comfortable to drive with ample space for both driver and passengers
Push button start start/stop and folding mirrors
Happy also to have a panic button and feel safer in dark car parks due to the car lighting up when leaving or coming back to my car

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Tee

TeePlumpton

Too expensive to get it fix

Just spend $3000 fixing my Land Rover and it still not 100 percent fixed so I'm looking for another car instead, the car feels comfortable but you gonna end up spending a lot of money fixing it...even worse because most of them cars are turbo diesel so it's hard to look after them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Renovator

RenovatorNewcastle

Love this car!

Purchased my Land Rover Freelander 2 in 2012.
It has been a beautiful drive, handles all conditions well and good traction.
Great size car and fits car seats in the back without a problem.
Love the electric seats and arm rests. The boot fits a large pram with ease.
Very economical with fuel.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Timing belt snapped at 80,000 k

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Freelander TD4 automatic

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great, versatile and reliable.

Have had my 2013 FL2 HSE for 15 months. Now done 65k. Really impressed with its off road capability; terrific ground clearance and ability for a "softroader". With the SD4, she tows our 16ft van with ease and is great to drive around the city. Very comfortable on long drives too. Exceeded expectations, with good reliability and build quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
RTT

RTT

Great Vehicle

Bought our Freelander 2nd hand and couldn't be happier. Has 70k and does mostly rural driving-its previous life was a well maintained city car. Air Con is fantastic, seats are very comfortable, driving position is great and economy is good. Plenty of room inside and the car like handling means it is a good replacement for previous Outback.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Chose my first 4WD carefully and would buy another LR2 if they still made em

My TD4 HSE is nine years old and I've never had a fault to report. About 2 years after I bought it LR recalled all FL2s to replace a wire in the heat exchanger under wty - and that's all. Still get better than 7l/100km, mixed use - town 15% and open road 85%. No squeaks or rattles. I travel low mileage and yes, the car has only done 24k. But then the new Falcon I had previously suffered one failed power window, a vital pulley in the engine broke up taking out the power steering and engine cooling, then the exhaust system began leaking and all within the first 20k. This 4WD drives like a car. Service costs are $500, once a year. As far as I'm concerned if this car sees me out I'll be quite happy. Great choice.

Date PurchasedMay 2007
Kapitan Lienta

Kapitan Lienta

Nice...But expensive.

Hard to fault this vehicle as a great all rounder except perhaps in terms of price. The engine deliver good old diesel nunga-nunga levels of noise and torque. Construction is brick sh-t house. Would have been nice to be getting a few more MPG and to have a bigger boot (ala Ford Territory) but overall this is a gem. Big enough to get the job done, compact enough for the city, nice understated styling inside and out. Why oh why they had to replace the F2 I don't know other than pandering to the urban stylo market.

pravinb

pravinbAU

2013 SD4 SE FL2

The Bax

The Bax

A pleasure to drive

I was a bit worried about reliability but so far the car has been faultless. Copes with whatever is asked of it. Have been on two major trips around Australia including some off road driving and it's handled everything without effort - very relaxing to drive long distances. Fuel economy around town is about 10 L/100k and around 7.0 L/100k touring. It would be nice to have a bit more luggage room - particularly vertically, as I can't fit my bike in the back upright as I could with my previous CRV but otherwise no complaints!

TransmissionManual
Ross Mc.

Ross Mc.Brisbane

Love this car

The X3 Beemer is gone, and while my Freelander does not have the power or fuel economy of the TD X3, it is more refined, comfortable, quiet, and can you believe, better engineered! The sound system, seats, mirrors, driving position, air con, vents, everything. . . .its all better. Even the locking mechanism, the spare tyre location, glove box, visors, floor mats, they did not miss a thing. My wife has the Audi Q3 and prefers to drive my Freelander. Very happy camper. (well. . .we don't camp, we prefer a hotel, but you get the picture)

BadgeSi6
TransmissionManual

no problems to date

We have a 2002 v6 freelander es hardtop, purchased 9 years ago. It has 210,000klms. on the clock and to date have only changed a brake pedal switch worth $30 in the last 9 years. Previous to this had a v8 discovery for 11 years and only replaced a water pump, Personally i would not buy anything else. Having said that: It comes down to how hard you push your vehicle.You push anything hard it will break down .

BadgeSi6
Mick and Angie

Mick and Angie

fantastic car

I brought a 2015 Land Rover Free lander for my wife. Not much to say, it tows the jet ski very well, great in the sand and mud, good fuel economy. The sound system and sat nave are very good and easy to operate. Yes servicing is expensive but in the long run its cheap to know the car will not let you down. The gear box is very smooth going up and down,a bit noisy on the road compared to its big brother Discovery 4.

ajg1

ajg1Coventry

I have 2002 landrover freelander v6 es. I have not had no problems with my girl ol black bess.

Great driving experience easy handling full leather heated seats easy to use dash plenty room in front and excellent room once seats are folded in the back. My fuel costs are fantastic. I can't say a bad word about my black bess. I wouldn't change my car never ever. Love her would only change her if I had to.

Itdotohgxo

Itdotohgxoasked

Freelander

Can I remove the rear passenger single seat in the 2001 td4 or are the bolts machined in?

Chris A.

Chris A.asked

Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

I drove my freelaner2 down the motorway for about 40 miles with no problems , but out of the blue the whole front end started to vibrate,I was traveling at approx 65 miles an hour so I slowed down to below 50 miles an hour but the problem didn't clear .i limped on till I could get off the motorway and checked for anything lose like wheels and driveshafts but everything was ok so I drove it back on to the motorway and found the problem had gone and I drove on to my destination which was a farther 20 miles ,and then returned home another 60 miles and the problem never happened again.can anybody give me a clue what it could have been?

Hi Chris
I'm no expert but sounds like wheel alignment or balancing. Although it's odd that it stopped.
Would definitely get it checked.

Karen

Karenasked

Freelander

Hi,
Can someone answer my question please, I have a free lander 2008 automatic model for a year and half now, which have been running well but recently I have been having some problems of jerking, and stopping with an error saying " Reduce Engine Performance" when changing to second gear. It doesn't happen all the time just now and then. I also took it in to get it looked at but for some reason they can't seem to the find the problem.. Can some one help with my question?

Compare all 2 Land Rover Freelander