Land Rover Freelander 2

Land Rover Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Land Rover

• Comfort
  • Features
Willoughby John
Willoughby JohnSydney

Best SUV for on-road and off-road driving

Drives like a car and goes where the Discovery goes. Great value for the price.

I bought my FY2013 TD4 auto new. I have done 112,000 kms without any nasty surprises. I have fitted General Grabber AT tyres that give me about 50-55,000kms.

All round I am very satisfied.

Purchased in .

Mark
MarkPerth, WA

Great SUV, goes almost everywhere.

We purchased our 2014 TD4 2.5 years ago. After replacing the noisy Dunlops with Yokahama Geoloanders, the car is wonderful to drive and very versatile. It's been down some daunting tracks in WA. Great sound system and build quality. I've had zero mechanical issues and I'm up to 130k km. I'd love it if there was a lift kit available in Australia.

Purchased in for $28,000.

AndyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great SUV

Purchased in at Solitaire auto for $35,000.

RGM
RGMTraralgon

Best Ever Car!

Bought my Freelander Two diesel in 2013 as a demo with 5000 kms on it. A good deal at $45 000 because the old model was about to be superseded by the new model - the Discovery Sport. I have now clocked up 125 000 kms on the dial. Each weekend I drive to Melbourne from country Victoria and back - a round trip of about 400 kms or 4 hours. This car has never missed a beat - a smooth, luxurious drive. It has been the best car I've ever owned. It is expensive to service on average between $700 and $800 - avoid the dealerships & the mark up there. Thinking about getting the Discovery Sport but as of yet not convinced.

Jun C
Jun C

expensive services and fix but great for drive

Firstly i have to say this is a really good car for drive, leather seats, big space, good looking and bought as a demo car so its not that expensive.

However the services is once a year, unlike the new cars it all one services every two years, it is very expensive to get services in the Land rover Dealer, they cost $800 per services + whatever parts they need to fix or replace, however they do provide free car loan for the day.

the insurance is more expensive than other cars as well.

BadgeSi4
mikehzz
mikehzzSpringwood

it's been an excellent car

Nika
Nika

Perfect car can not live without it

Driving experience is fantastic, very safe and extremely comfortable
I adore the leather seats , reversing camera and all the electronic gadgets
Extremely comfortable to drive with ample space for both driver and passengers
Push button start start/stop and folding mirrors
Happy also to have a panic button and feel safer in dark car parks due to the car lighting up when leaving or coming back to my car

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Tee
TeePlumpton

Too expensive to get it fix

Just spend $3000 fixing my Land Rover and it still not 100 percent fixed so I'm looking for another car instead, the car feels comfortable but you gonna end up spending a lot of money fixing it...even worse because most of them cars are turbo diesel so it's hard to look after them.

Renovator
RenovatorNewcastle

Love this car!

Purchased my Land Rover Freelander 2 in 2012.
It has been a beautiful drive, handles all conditions well and good traction.
Great size car and fits car seats in the back without a problem.
Love the electric seats and arm rests. The boot fits a large pram with ease.
Very economical with fuel.

BadgeTD4 SE

Find out how Land Rover Freelander 2 compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Great, versatile and reliable.

Have had my 2013 FL2 HSE for 15 months. Now done 65k. Really impressed with its off road capability; terrific ground clearance and ability for a "softroader". With the SD4, she tows our 16ft van with ease and is great to drive around the city. Very comfortable on long drives too. Exceeded expectations, with good reliability and build quality.

RTT
RTT

Great Vehicle

Bought our Freelander 2nd hand and couldn't be happier. Has 70k and does mostly rural driving-its previous life was a well maintained city car. Air Con is fantastic, seats are very comfortable, driving position is great and economy is good. Plenty of room inside and the car like handling means it is a good replacement for previous Outback.

BadgeTD4 SE

Chose my first 4WD carefully and would buy another LR2 if they still made em

My TD4 HSE is nine years old and I've never had a fault to report. About 2 years after I bought it LR recalled all FL2s to replace a wire in the heat exchanger under wty - and that's all. Still get better than 7l/100km, mixed use - town 15% and open road 85%. No squeaks or rattles. I travel low mileage and yes, the car has only done 24k. But then the new Falcon I had previously suffered one failed power window, a vital pulley in the engine broke up taking out the power steering and engine cooling, then the exhaust system began leaking and all within the first 20k. This 4WD drives like a car. Service costs are $500, once a year. As far as I'm concerned if this car sees me out I'll be quite happy. Great choice.

BadgeTD4 HSE

Kapitan Lienta
Kapitan Lienta

Nice...But expensive.

Hard to fault this vehicle as a great all rounder except perhaps in terms of price. The engine deliver good old diesel nunga-nunga levels of noise and torque. Construction is brick sh-t house. Would have been nice to be getting a few more MPG and to have a bigger boot (ala Ford Territory) but overall this is a gem. Big enough to get the job done, compact enough for the city, nice understated styling inside and out. Why oh why they had to replace the F2 I don't know other than pandering to the urban stylo market.

BadgeTD4 HSE
pravinb
pravinbSydney, NSW

2013 SD4 SE FL2

The Bax
The BaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A pleasure to drive

I was a bit worried about reliability but so far the car has been faultless. Copes with whatever is asked of it. Have been on two major trips around Australia including some off road driving and it's handled everything without effort - very relaxing to drive long distances. Fuel economy around town is about 10 L/100k and around 7.0 L/100k touring. It would be nice to have a bit more luggage room - particularly vertically, as I can't fit my bike in the back upright as I could with my previous CRV but otherwise no complaints!

TransmissionManual

Tito D.asked
Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

Freelander 2 2014. Some days after driving it for sometime when the car at complete stop e.g at a traffic light and after removing foot from break the car jumps aggressively as if someone hits you from the back. If you turn to manual transmission the problem goes away! And thoughts?

Chris A.
Chris A.asked
Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

I drove my freelaner2 down the motorway for about 40 miles with no problems , but out of the blue the whole front end started to vibrate,I was traveling at approx 65 miles an hour so I slowed down to below 50 miles an hour but the problem didn't clear .i limped on till I could get off the motorway and checked for anything lose like wheels and driveshafts but everything was ok so I drove it back on to the motorway and found the problem had gone and I drove on to my destination which was a farther 20 miles ,and then returned home another 60 miles and the problem never happened again.can anybody give me a clue what it could have been?

Hi Chris
I'm no expert but sounds like wheel alignment or balancing. Although it's odd that it stopped.
Would definitely get it checked.

carlos f.
carlos f.asked
Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

In how get acceleration less in land lover freelander?

See all Land Rover Freelander 2 (2007-2014) questions

Get an answer from our members and Land Rover representatives

Land Rover Freelander 2 (2007-2014)

Compare both Land Rover Freelander