La Trobe Financial Services

Thanks to our lender Tony and supervisor sarah We are so thrilled you got us our loan. You worked so hard for us.

We are so thrilled by everything. Couldn't be happier. We can finally buy our family home. Customer service was top notch and easily contactable. Thanks to the whole team for all your hard work.

Loan used for:First Home

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Terrible lender. Very poor rates and even worse fees. If you want to discharge a variable loan for example, it is 3 x months interest plus about $2k in fees. I'm sure ASIC will have a field day with them at some point.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

Dear Alex,
We take your concerns very seriously. Would it be possible to send us your contact details in private and we will call you to discuss and investigate your situation further. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Chris G.

Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Financial Institution ever

Be careful of all late payment fees, they are almost the same amount as the Interest charged each month, therefore leaving no way of catching up on any arrears. We had to sell our investment property (brought through our SMSF) due to the accumulation of late fees. Then when we sold we were charged an early discharge fee on top of all the other fees - only sold because of all their fees. They also charge a higher interest rate and then a monthly account service fee.

BSF

BSFAU

easy to deal with

I have been an investor for less than a year - overall they are easy to deal with but their website is not fun to use or navigate and appears substandard... room for improvement?

Michael XT R.

Michael XT R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst lender ever! Stay away!

Most disgusting dodge lender. Their rate is always the most expensive. They charge you three month interest if you discharge your loan within the first 5 years, even on variable rate. This is on top of their ridiculously high application fee - almost 1% of loan amount, when you first join them. That's worse than a loan shark!!!

Shop around, there are plenty honest trustworthy lenders out there.

Krazykol

KrazykolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Successfully ruined our chance of getting a home loan

Despite the fact that they were never going to offer us a home loan because it was less than their minimum home loan amount ($100,000) they did a credit check and now other lenders won't give us a loan because of the credit check they did. I would stay well clear of them as they obviously don't care about anyone.

Loan used for:Second Home

Jan

JanNorth Queensland, QLD

Be aware of the low hanging fruit and things that may sparkle with this crowd.

liz

lizSydney, NSW

Great service. They provided support tru phone & prompt reply/calls while opening an a/c. Thanks Senio

I recently opened investment a/c. It took 1 week - much longer than banks - however accounts dept provided great support while opening an a/c. Senio guided me every step of the way, some days he called me twice. Thanks senio, you were very helpful.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still paying ridiculously high variable interest rate

Made a phone call to see why we are still paying a ridiculously high variable rate of 6.84%.It has not been reduced at all with the previous rate cuts.Only answer i got was they are reviewing the rates and to keep an eye out in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Would not recommend going with Latrobe at all.very disheartening to deal with.

pomhall

pomhallGold Coast

Never go with Latrobe

Initially put onto Latrobe from a Financial Services company i wish I had never met. I assumed the commissions were greater for them and i have asked Latrobe that no commissions are paid from this loan being taken out, still nothing on this one.
The interest rate has just increased to a hugh 6.77%, currently the RBA have just reduced this to 1%. Loan repayments of a certain value have charges of nearly $1000 which is nearly 10%,. Other packet review fees are for what service, or a fee for doing nothing.
To say am disgusted with Latrobe is an understatement, please keep away from this unethical company.

Loan Start DateAugust 2014

Shane G.

Shane G.South East Queensland, QLD

Not passing on interest rate cut

Called La Trobe regarding last months rate cut, I was told that they had a meeting and some weren't eligible, having another meeting soon and you maybe eligible!

If rates are cut then bank should pass it on, pure greed La Trobe! Very unreasonable to deal with, would not recommend them!

Loan Start DateNovember 2017

Tracy Barwick

Tracy BarwickHunter Region, NSW

Never did what he said he would

Called Latrobe to make an inquiry to deposit a significant amount of money ...they have never got back to me ....very concerned about their company and the way they operate...Dodgy brothers I think

Dear Tracy,
We take your concerns and comments seriously. Would you please send us your telephone number in private and we will arrange for one of the team to call you.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

ABC67

ABC67Perth, WA

Read the fine print

Worst finance experience

I was obtaining finance for my smsf. I am understand a longer and harder due to the complication of it therefore i get my pre approval first ti clear all possible credit requirements. I can speed the the process. Pre approval letter issued.
Since i seeking for full approvals. One new credit requirement come after another. . After 6 weeks proving as much as poosible i still dont have approval.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Don't invest with La Trobe Financial

Alex Worlds King

Alex Worlds KingSydney, NSW

Stay completely away

My broker went through La Trobe an application was filed dec 2018. Took them 2 months to look at it. Ive taken the matter to afca as there is more in relation to the matter i can not mention.

Loan used for:Refinancing

Andrew

AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Great Service

Very happy with La Trobe. They have worked hard to provide great service and support. The staff went out of their way to keep us in the loop regarding the entire loan process and exceeded our expectations.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing
caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to share your comment and we are pleased that we delivered over and above for you. From Team La Trobe Financial

Thomas

Thomas

Policies & solutions driven, smooth process. Not rate.

Very open minded and responsible lending policy filled the gaps that big fours left. La Trobe Financial has been helping quite a few of my clients to save their settlement, refinance, or building their dream home. Really appreciate your business partnership.

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment. We strive to help as many Australian realise their financial dreams. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team.

Lee Coleman

Lee ColemanSydney, NSW

Very good investment

I have money invested with La trobe . I am a construction worker and have not much knowledge of the financial world and its lingo .... they were very helpful and took the time to explain . So far I have earnt so much more intrest than my bank deposits . I will be investing more with them .

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Great home loan experience thanks to staff

We were under some serious time constraints when purchasing 2 investment properties through a unit trust. While initially facing some issues wiwitwiwith financing, some key la trobe team members (Caine White specifically) went out of their way to ensure settlements was pushed through with more than daily check ins with me. This stopped us from being issued with legal proceedings. Friendly and responsive staff can make all the difference in a stressful settlement process.

henry o

henry oasked

do you have any offices

Dear Henry,
Thank you for reaching out. Yes, we have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. To view full details, please visit our website and learn more - click here: https://www.latrobefinancial.com.au/Home/Contact

We also have Senior Manger Client Partnerships located in Queensland, Sydney, Melbourne, South Australia and Western Australia. More details for your local contact may be found on our website under partnership managers for both our finance and investment teams, depending on what you are looking for. With kind regards, La Trobe Financial Team.

Angela

Angelaasked

I was going to invest with this company but now I see all the reviews. Thanks everyone for the warning. I'll stay away.

Doraasked

Latrobe could you please explain why not all variable home loans are entitled to the interest rate cut ? . Why is there a 12 month qualifying period before variable home loans qualify for interest rates cuts and please explain why even then we may not qualify for a cut
Shouldn’t you pass on rate cuts to all variable rate home loans not only certain one ? How can one qualify and others don’t ? Aren’t variable rate home loans the same across the board? Can you Please explain why that is ?
It’s a question many are asking

I’m still waiting on a reply to my question that was posted 10 days ago
I have emailed Latrobe several times asking the same , with no reply
We have 3 loans with them , interest rates have been cut twice and no interest rate cut to any of our loans
Please explain Latrobe Financial

Dear Dianne,
Apologies, as we did not see this question. Please can you send your telephone number privately and we will arrange for one of our senior Credit Analysts to call you directly. If you can send through the loan numbers as well, so that we can understand the situation before we call you.

Dora

Honestly why can’t the answer to my question be written here ? There should not be a situation to understand. If we are on a variable interest rate the rates should drop according to the rate cuts . I’ve been told after a 12 month qualifying period our rates will be reviewed and then there is no promise they will get cut . And if they were to be reduced it would come at a cost to us . Why? So they are predicting another 2 rate cuts before Christmas so this means still no rate cut to our loans . The last 2 rate cuts have not been passed on to us because apparently we do not qualify for a cut . It’s absolutely disgusting the way Latrobe works
Pass on the interest rate cuts to all of your customers , how are families meant to get ahead when your interest rates are so high ?
And your fees for making extra repayments by direct deposit , $2.50 per additional repayment on top of your $15 monthly charge what a disgrace there’s no extra work involved on your end
The $2.50 charge is not even disclosed in our contract but again I’m told it’s a fee Latrobe charge

Get an answer from our members and La Trobe Financial Services representatives