• Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • Investment Property (7)
    • Refinancing (4)
    • Second Home (1)
    • First Home (1)
  • Loan TypeVariable Rate (12)
  • Online Tools
  • Application Process
  • Loan Term22.556 years

Zack W

Zack WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid at all costs

I highly recommend finding anyone else besides La Trobe to finance your home loan with. Their customer serviceability is abysmal and they have no intention of helping you whatsoever.
Avoid at all costs.

Dear Zack,
We take these comments very seriously. If you can send us your contact details privately, we can then contact you and learn more as to how we can address the issues you have raised here.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Richard Drabowicz

Richard DrabowiczRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Spot on, precise

Over a year now, as a private/retired investor, diverting my portfolio ,they are on spot to pay monthly, no fuss ,no mess there, also very prompt and diligent in communications
Very happy so far.

Dear Richard
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We will share this with the team as I am sure that they will be delighted to hear.

Regard, La Trobe Financial Team

Randell

RandellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Expensive Fees! More the Brokers fault for signing us at La Trobe.

With all the recent RBA rate drops , I contacted LaTrobe for a rate review on my SMSF Home Loan. I signed on %6.69 18mths ago, and currently on %6.37 , but they are advertising the same Variable Home Loan on Ratecity for %5.89. It'll cost me about $8500 to leave La Trobe and around $3500-4000 to Refinance elsewhere on %5.89. Im seriously considering it atm. I actually blame the Broker/Advisor for poor financial advice, i presume he gets some sort of Trail Commission. He also put us into a Negatively geared Unit, his Rental Property figures way off the mark, but thats another story. Moral of my story, Dont trust anyone in Finance and do your homework. An expensive lesson for myself.

Loan Start DateApril 2018
Loan used for:Investment Property

Thanks to our lender Tony and supervisor sarah We are so thrilled you got us our loan. You worked so hard for us.

We are so thrilled by everything. Couldn't be happier. We can finally buy our family home. Customer service was top notch and easily contactable. Thanks to the whole team for all your hard work.

Loan used for:First Home

Alex

AlexPerth, WA

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Terrible lender. Very poor rates and even worse fees. If you want to discharge a variable loan for example, it is 3 x months interest plus about $2k in fees. I'm sure ASIC will have a field day with them at some point.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

Dear Alex,
We take your concerns very seriously. Would it be possible to send us your contact details in private and we will call you to discuss and investigate your situation further. Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

Chris G.

Chris G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Financial Institution ever

Be careful of all late payment fees, they are almost the same amount as the Interest charged each month, therefore leaving no way of catching up on any arrears. We had to sell our investment property (brought through our SMSF) due to the accumulation of late fees. Then when we sold we were charged an early discharge fee on top of all the other fees - only sold because of all their fees. They also charge a higher interest rate and then a monthly account service fee.

BSF

BSFAU

easy to deal with

I have been an investor for less than a year - overall they are easy to deal with but their website is not fun to use or navigate and appears substandard... room for improvement?

Michael XT R.

Michael XT R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst lender ever! Stay away!

Most disgusting dodge lender. Their rate is always the most expensive. They charge you three month interest if you discharge your loan within the first 5 years, even on variable rate. This is on top of their ridiculously high application fee - almost 1% of loan amount, when you first join them. That's worse than a loan shark!!!

Shop around, there are plenty honest trustworthy lenders out there.

Krazykol

KrazykolGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Successfully ruined our chance of getting a home loan

Despite the fact that they were never going to offer us a home loan because it was less than their minimum home loan amount ($100,000) they did a credit check and now other lenders won't give us a loan because of the credit check they did. I would stay well clear of them as they obviously don't care about anyone.

Loan used for:Second Home
Jan

JanNorth Queensland, QLD

Be aware of the low hanging fruit and things that may sparkle with this crowd.

liz

lizSydney, NSW

Great service. They provided support tru phone & prompt reply/calls while opening an a/c. Thanks Senio

I recently opened investment a/c. It took 1 week - much longer than banks - however accounts dept provided great support while opening an a/c. Senio guided me every step of the way, some days he called me twice. Thanks senio, you were very helpful.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019

Keith

KeithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still paying ridiculously high variable interest rate

Made a phone call to see why we are still paying a ridiculously high variable rate of 6.84%.It has not been reduced at all with the previous rate cuts.Only answer i got was they are reviewing the rates and to keep an eye out in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Would not recommend going with Latrobe at all.very disheartening to deal with.

pomhall

pomhallGold Coast

Never go with Latrobe

Initially put onto Latrobe from a Financial Services company i wish I had never met. I assumed the commissions were greater for them and i have asked Latrobe that no commissions are paid from this loan being taken out, still nothing on this one.
The interest rate has just increased to a hugh 6.77%, currently the RBA have just reduced this to 1%. Loan repayments of a certain value have charges of nearly $1000 which is nearly 10%,. Other packet review fees are for what service, or a fee for doing nothing.
To say am disgusted with Latrobe is an understatement, please keep away from this unethical company.

Loan Start DateAugust 2014

Shane G.

Shane G.South East Queensland, QLD

Not passing on interest rate cut

Called La Trobe regarding last months rate cut, I was told that they had a meeting and some weren't eligible, having another meeting soon and you maybe eligible!

If rates are cut then bank should pass it on, pure greed La Trobe! Very unreasonable to deal with, would not recommend them!

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Tracy Barwick

Tracy BarwickHunter Region, NSW

Never did what he said he would

Called Latrobe to make an inquiry to deposit a significant amount of money ...they have never got back to me ....very concerned about their company and the way they operate...Dodgy brothers I think

Dear Tracy,
We take your concerns and comments seriously. Would you please send us your telephone number in private and we will arrange for one of the team to call you.
Regards, La Trobe Financial Team

ABC67

ABC67Perth, WA

Read the fine print

Worst finance experience

I was obtaining finance for my smsf. I am understand a longer and harder due to the complication of it therefore i get my pre approval first ti clear all possible credit requirements. I can speed the the process. Pre approval letter issued.
Since i seeking for full approvals. One new credit requirement come after another. . After 6 weeks proving as much as poosible i still dont have approval.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Don't invest with La Trobe Financial

Alex Worlds King

Alex Worlds KingSydney, NSW

Stay completely away

My broker went through La Trobe an application was filed dec 2018. Took them 2 months to look at it. Ive taken the matter to afca as there is more in relation to the matter i can not mention.

Andrew

AndrewIllawarra, NSW

Great Service

Very happy with La Trobe. They have worked hard to provide great service and support. The staff went out of their way to keep us in the loop regarding the entire loan process and exceeded our expectations.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2019
caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to share your comment and we are pleased that we delivered over and above for you. From Team La Trobe Financial

Velice

Veliceasked

How safe is to invest in the la trobe financial

Dear Velice,

Thank you for reaching out. We have been in business since 1952. We have focused on our asset class of mortgages for over 7 decades. We have an experienced team, with over 380 staff with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. We have a track record of performance and one of our flagship products - our 12 Month Investment Term has been judged by reputable finance journal, Money magazine as the Best Credit Fund - Mortgages for 11 Years in a row. We have also recently been rated "Superior" by Australia Ratings for our operational capability assessment, and we are very proud of this report as it reflects all the hard work dedicated by our staff. To learn more, we invite you to visit our website www.latrobefinancial.com and you will find further details on our background, investment products and our rating reports. You may also wish to consider speaking to a financial planner.

All the very best,
La Trobe Financial Team

over one year now with several P2P and term deposit, very happy , all spot on and very precises

Patti

Pattiasked

I wish to invest a substantial amount without going through an advisor. Have downloaded forms, filled in, photocopied license but need to know who can certify this. Do I email all this paperwork back to you or must it be posted?

caterina n.La Trobe Financial Services

Dear Patti - thank you for reaching out. Our Product Disclosure Statement outlines the process for the documentation. You may find it on our website. We would also be happy to assist you first thing on Monday morning. You can call us on 1800 818 818 to speak with one of our Account Managers or alternatively, you can send your number via a private mode and we can arrange for one our team to call you directly. Thank you La Trobe Financial Team.

Zdravko K.

Zdravko K.asked

The 5.05% for 12mths guaranteed rate?

Dear Zdravko,
Thank you for reaching out. As we mentioned below to James, we are not a bank, and so we cannot guarantee. However, we do have 67 years' experience. Our Credit Fund with over 40,000 members is over $4.2 billion assets under management. One of our flagship products - our 12 Month Term Investment has been judged the Best in Australia for ten consecutive years, so I would welcome you to learn more about our products and you may wish to speak to your financial adviser as well. Visit www.latrobefinancial.com to view our Product Disclosure Statement or why not call our friendly investment team on 13 80 10. All the very best, La Trobe Financial

Get an answer from our members and La Trobe Financial Services representatives