Leaptel

This company is amazing!

I placed an order for the 100/40 plan on Wednesday. A service rep called me on Thursday to finalise connection details. Mt modem came in today (friday) and internet is up and running at max speeds. What more can you ask for.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Quirkymonsta - Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're very happy to hear things went so smoothly (as they should) for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further. Warm Regards, Chris

Leaptel are the best

I have been a customer with Leaptel for the last two years and have found there customer service to be perfect. Their internet speed is as promised , I have never had a drop out with them ( at least not that I have noticed . Dealing with their customer service consultants is very pleasant and prompt action .
They may not be as big as some of the other big players but the big players can learn a lot from Leaptel .

Start DateJuly 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Thank you for taking the time to review us Markus B. We're very happy to hear you're having such a positive experience with Leaptel.

Excellent speeds and service

I am super happy to have Leaptel as my internet provider for the last two years. We have NBN fibre to the node at our premises and were expecting the worst but with Leaptel we've always received good speeds and when the underlying NBN technology has had issues Leaptel has been great to deal with. The one time it went offline for a prolonged period, we contacted Leaptel (no wait time on the phone), they advised an NBN technician would need to come out. Received an SMS advising a technician from NBN would attend the next day in the afternoon. Technician came out from NBN, arrived on time, and had us back online after redoing some wiring in the street. Leaptel then followed up to ensure everything was going well. That sort of dedication and attention to detail is hard to find these days, particularly in telecommunications and more than justify's their claims of being a different sort of provider.

Start DateApril 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Okke - Thanks for leaving your review and we appreciate your continued support. If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to let us know. Warm Regards, Chris

John provided the best customer service

Opticomm is absolutely terrible, if there is a way to avoid the set up I would. John from Leaptel helped so much and was patient during all the phone calls!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Keely, We're glad to hear Jon from Leaptel was able to help you so ably. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Christopher

The customer service is excellent

We have fairly consistent and reliable service, the speeds are generally pretty good, still get the occasional short drop out but that's usually a switch the modem off and on again fix. The rare times I have had to speak to the call centre have been easy and painless.

Start DateMay 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review ebonflow. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us about your dropouts as our support team will be more than happy to investigate them for you. Warm Regards, ChrisHaha funny you mention it, there was a short drop out yesterday! But it was just before I was heading out for a short time and it was back on when I got home so didn't need to call.

If I could star them more than 5 stars I would!!!

I signed up on a Thursday if I remember correctly and they called me up the next day. Confirming about my application that they will go through with it. 2 days later I got my internet up and running.

Although we didn’t have the right router (their support made us realize can’t use our old router so we ordered one, we got them 2 days after) everything has been so smooth, speed always consistent 25/5 sometimes we get more 28/7 but can’t complain with that!!

Another issue occurred which their support helped me a lot. Then turns out it was Opticomm’s fault and technician happens to be in the area the next day(how lucky!) they quickly fix it and viola internet and tv back on again.

I am so glad I found this company they respect the customer and support them on the best of their knowledge.

I recommend it to everyone having hard time to deal with crappy ISP.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi PreK07 - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words and we're glad you've received such great service and support. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if w can assist you further.

Excellent company

Leaptel were very helpful in providing NBN, the connection was constant and speeds were between 36 and 46 Mbps.
Issues we encountered with the they were very helpful in resolving, i would have no problems is recommending Leaptel to anyone who are looking for strong reliable internet.

Start DateOctober 2018

Lots of drop outs

I have been with leaptel for almost a year and the only reason I stayed with them for that long was because they are cheap and I could not be bothered with the whole transfer process. Low speeds, extremely slow speeds at peak times, and drop-outs are just a few of the things that have caused me to change providers.

Hi Jonno - We're sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with Leaptel. Dropouts and poor speeds are not in keeping with the experience our customers should be receiving. We would like to look further into this to see what was the cause of the issue but are unable to identify your account on the information provided in this review. If you wouldn't mind providing us your account information we could look into this further for you. Warm Regards, Chris

Awesome customer support/service.

Moved into a older house after 2 years of being with leaptel. The supportthey gave was awesome. Chris went above and beyond helping. Very helpful and patient. Explained things in a very easy manner to understand.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Go with Leaptel - outstanding customer service

With several LBN Co providers, I went with Leaptel with its good reviews. I'm so glad I did. The setup has been seamless and support team was always there. Recently our building had a fault that resulted to an outage in service. Contacted Leaptel through their chat, and they took care of contacting LBN. I got multiple updates by text the following morning from LBN's arrival at our building, the cause of the issue and up to its resolution. I didn't have to follow up at all. This is where they excel. Happy with LBN speeds and service so far as well. Don't hesitate, sign up with them.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Hi Cherry - Thank you for taking the time to review us and leave us such positive feedback. We're so glad our team was able to keep you so well informed about the status of your fault and that LBNCo was able to resolve the issue affecting you so quickly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if we can assist you further.

Thank you leaptel finally back to a top ISP!!!!!

Very reliable and no drop outs

Moved from southern phone due to issues and the best choice it was
Pay a premium but you get what you pay for
Fast support and helpful support no wait times
Ported fast and online connected within just 3 business days, puts southern phone to shame
Why didn't i connect faster!!!

Start DateDecember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi David, Glad to hear you've had a successful move to us and are enjoying the service. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with us if we can assist you further.

Good Provider

I have been with Leaptel for over 12 months, had one or two drop outs but other then that, they were good. I was on the 25/12 plan and the speed I used to get would reach 16-20MB. The reason I left this provider was because they could not give me a better deal on the 50/25 plan.

Hi Ronster - Thank you for your review. It seems like you enjoyed your time with Leaptel on the 25Mbps/5Mbps plan we provide. Because of the premium we place on speed we are unable to match cheaper providers who might advertise a higher speed than us, but in reality don't deliver that speed to you in evenings and weekends when you most want to use your internet. We wish you the best with your new provider.Thanks mate, I understand. You guys are quite good with the speed limit.

Poor customer support, not accepting responsibility, looks for any reason to blame customer (ie own router).

Did not take up router offer as it does not meet performance specs I required. Bought high end d-link router for $250. Worked perfectly until 2nd day (super slow speed), when I had to call leaptel and resolved issue via power cycle. Couple days later same thing. Router being blamed again. Took router to shop, tested as fine. Refused refund or exchange. What do I do here, leaptel says their service is fine. Plenty of commentary about dropouts on the net...I asked for data on any potential dropouts during the day that may cause this. Request ignored and got a response saying that as I cannot verify router integrity and apparently said no to a tech coming out, that the case will be closed. Talk about no care attitude... changing providers. Thank goodness I didn’t get sucked into a 12month contract.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ibot - I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but Leaptel went to significant effort to determine if any fault could be found on our side or on the LBNCo network that would explain your issue. However no fault was found with this, and as the connection speed was restored on each occasion you power cycled the router and that remote testing shows no issues with Leaptel or LBNCo's network this makes it likely that the issue is with the router. Leaptel also checked other connections in your building and we had no other reports of issues similar to what you described. We also provided you with dropout logs via email and instructions on how to login to our portal to view the logs yourself. A check of your connection now shows that the service has been online since 8 February without losing connection. In our last correspondence with you we asked if you were still experiencing this issue as we noted you had stopped power cycling your connection. An LBNCo technician was an option but as no remote fault was being shown, and the issue was resolved with a power cycle of the router that you purchased independently, we did not recommend this option because of the incorrect callout fee that would apply if no fault was found by LBNCo. If you're still experiencing this issue then we can have an LBNCo technician come out and test the LBNCo box directly.

Poor speed on Opticomm Network and frequent Dropouts

I signed up with Leaptel 5 months ago and last 3 months is extremely worst. My plan is 50 Mbps speed and unlimited data. The speed I actually get is no way near to 2 to 3 Mbps. I was asked to do a speed test and it was showing over 30 Mbps. However when I access websites (Standard Video Resolution) the speed somehow changes to 2 - 3 Mbps. If you are running multiple devices then good luck. One of the worst Telco's I have experienced. So far I made over few complaints and have been asked to send screen shots of speed test. I will send them if they really want to investigate. But I have just signed up with another provider.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Kash, We're sorry to hear you're having speed issues. We have plenty of spare capacity on Opticomm networks in all states. The reason we ask to be provided with the screenshots of your speedtests is so that we can then lodge a fault with Opticomm to get them to investigate your service. This is the appropriate troubleshooting step to take when we rule out everything on our side. If you would please send me your account name I will look further into your service history and see if we can assist you further.

This is the first time ever I write a review about a RSP :) Highly recommended!

I was told by the building manager that I can only get my Interest service from an ISP called LBN Co. This company owns the exclusive use of the optical fibre underneath my building. Unlike ADSL and NBN, not many RSP is providing LBN Co. service in the current market. I have done some researches online and was informed that Leaptel is the most reliable RSP which providing LBN Co. service among others - they actually guarantee your speed on LBN.

I then engaged their services on late Monday (after hour), got a quick response and a bill following for the set-up fee and installation fee ($310, which charged by LBN) after 30 mins. I paid my first bill on Tuesday and got Internet ready-for-use notice on Thursday! That is extremely fast compared to my pervious NBN RSP!

Whenever I have a question about my Internet Setup, they will response to my request on Livechat immediately (even on Sat after 7pm and on Sunday!!! unbelievable! ) I am so impressed by their professionalism and assistance! I want say thank you here to the team member Nan, Jon and Daniel. They are super helpful and we all have a nice chat on Livechat :)

Merry Christmas and I wish this company the best of success in the future!

Connection TypeLBN Co
Dear Karen - Thank you for your review we appreciate your kind words. Please let us know if you need any assistance. - Chris

Poor Service

Recommended by a neighbour, had to chase them from day 1 for service. Once connected had no issues until I moved- again had to chase and chase. Never call you back, never responded to online initial sign up or change of address form. Still waiting for internet at new address that I was assured would be all connected by 10/12/18 - still no answers, apparently booked NBN technician who never turned up and, still waiting! Advise to give this mob a wide berth

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Disgrunted Customer - I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had. I have sent you a private message seeking additional information to get the issues you've had resolved. I look forward to hearing from you so we can sort this out for you. - Chris (Leaptel support)

Outstanding, Friendly and Professional Customer Service!!!!

I have never written a review for anything but I was so impressed by the service I received from the team at Leaptel it could not go untold. I have just moved to a new home and found out that I could only connect to Opticomm which I had never heard of. I looked around for info and contacted Leaptel and could not believe the help and support I received from Rodney.
Once I decided to connect to Leaptel, the service I received from Daniel and Christopher was outstanding. I signed up, Daniel called me the next day and confirmed my connection, I received my Router within 2 days. All I had to do was plug in Router and I was connected. Speed is amazing.
This type of customer service is very rare these days and it is fantastic that companies still value their customers
I highly recommend Leaptel. Amazing!!!!

Connection TypeOpticomm
Hi Steve M, thanks for taking the time to review our service. We work very hard to ensure the connection process goes so smoothly, and we're glad that you enjoyed the hassle free experience we strive for. Please do let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you.

Good service

Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel. Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tan, thanks for taking the time to review our internet services. We're always looking to improve our service so please let us know if you have any further feedback.

Crazy Fast Opticomm Internet Speeds

Signed up on Leaptel NBN100/40 Unlimited and it is super-quick. Getting speeds of 80MBps over wifi on a cheap modem. Who knows how fast the service can be over cable and on a good modem. Very impressed so far. Setup was very easy and connection + modem was serviced the very next business day. Highly recommend this ISP

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Cisco, thanks for your positive review and recommendation and our services. While we work really hard to deliver the high speed internet you received, we're always looking for feedback on how we can improve further so please let us know.Only thing I can recommend is a self-service system where we can manage bill payments, direct debit, monitor usage, etc. I'm sure that will be available in the not-too-distance future.Hi Cisco - This information is actually already available through our portal. If you check your welcome email you should have information on how to access this. If you need the email resent please get in touch with our support team and they can resend the welcome email.

Still excellent after 9 months

When I moved into my new apartment in November I had no idea who Opticomm were or who Leaptel was. I called Leaptel by accident, getting them confused with Opticomm. The Leaptel call centre was super helpful in letting me know what I needed to do to get the internet online and even helped me with my BYO modem when I got stuck. I must admit I was sceptical about whether I would get the promised speeds, but every single speedtest I've ever done has been above 90M. Service reliability has been great, with only one noticeable dropout in 9 months. Keep up the good work Leaptel!

Connection TypeISP Fibre
Hi James thanks for taking the time to review our services. We're happy that our team was able to be so helpful in letting you know about the Opticomm products and the process to get you online. Leaptel works very hard to ensure you are getting reliable high speed internet so please let us know if you ever have any difficulties with your internet service.