Go with Leaptel - outstanding customer service

With several LBN Co providers, I went with Leaptel with its good reviews. I'm so glad I did. The setup has been seamless and support team was always there. Recently our building had a fault that resulted to an outage in service. Contacted Leaptel through their chat, and they took care of contacting LBN. I got multiple updates by text the following morning from LBN's arrival at our building, the cause of the issue and up to its resolution. I didn't have to follow up at all. This is where they excel. Happy with LBN speeds and service so far as well. Don't hesitate, sign up with them.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Hi Cherry - Thank you for taking the time to review us and leave us such positive feedback. We're so glad our team was able to keep you so well informed about the status of your fault and that LBNCo was able to resolve the issue affecting you so quickly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if we can assist you further.

Thank you leaptel finally back to a top ISP!!!!!

Very reliable and no drop outs

Moved from southern phone due to issues and the best choice it was
Pay a premium but you get what you pay for
Fast support and helpful support no wait times
Ported fast and online connected within just 3 business days, puts southern phone to shame
Why didn't i connect faster!!!

Start DateDecember 2019
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi David, Glad to hear you've had a successful move to us and are enjoying the service. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with us if we can assist you further.

Poor customer support, not accepting responsibility, looks for any reason to blame customer (ie own router).

Did not take up router offer as it does not meet performance specs I required. Bought high end d-link router for $250. Worked perfectly until 2nd day (super slow speed), when I had to call leaptel and resolved issue via power cycle. Couple days later same thing. Router being blamed again. Took router to shop, tested as fine. Refused refund or exchange. What do I do here, leaptel says their service is fine. Plenty of commentary about dropouts on the net...I asked for data on any potential dropouts during the day that may cause this. Request ignored and got a response saying that as I cannot verify router integrity and apparently said no to a tech coming out, that the case will be closed. Talk about no care attitude... changing providers. Thank goodness I didn’t get sucked into a 12month contract.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ibot - I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but Leaptel went to significant effort to determine if any fault could be found on our side or on the LBNCo network that would explain your issue. However no fault was found with this, and as the connection speed was restored on each occasion you power cycled the router and that remote testing shows no issues with Leaptel or LBNCo's network this makes it likely that the issue is with the router. Leaptel also checked other connections in your building and we had no other reports of issues similar to what you described. We also provided you with dropout logs via email and instructions on how to login to our portal to view the logs yourself. A check of your connection now shows that the service has been online since 8 February without losing connection. In our last correspondence with you we asked if you were still experiencing this issue as we noted you had stopped power cycling your connection. An LBNCo technician was an option but as no remote fault was being shown, and the issue was resolved with a power cycle of the router that you purchased independently, we did not recommend this option because of the incorrect callout fee that would apply if no fault was found by LBNCo. If you're still experiencing this issue then we can have an LBNCo technician come out and test the LBNCo box directly.