Lebara Mobile

Lebara Mobile

Most Terrible Provider Ever! They Make me Feel Disgusting!!!!!

The issue with Lebara is that when people call me, the call often go to my voicemail directly, and if people do not leave a voice message, there will be no record showing that they have actually called me, and I have no ideas they have actually called. When I traced back the history, whenever I saw "call forward to voicemail", it always shows a standard number 0414122000 instead of showing me the number of the person who actually called, thus, I have no ideas how to trace the identities of the people who tried to call me!

When I looked back the phone call history in the past half year, this kind of issue occured for 95 times!!!! This is such a terrible issue, which means that I have missed sooooo many phone calls which might be so important and I have no ideas who called me!!!! How can Lebara be so disgusting and so awful and creating sooooo much issues for users! Lebara is the most disgusting, irresponsible and aweful provider! Lebara makes me feel sick and vomit!

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review and apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you confirm that your voicemail was set up with your registered mobile service. If yes, could you please share your registered Lebara mobile number via private message so our team can look into it. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Team Lebara

worst network in Australia

this is worst network experience i ever had. their network was down for around 4 hours and i m a uber driver and i was offline for 4 hours on Saturday night. if anyone is using lebara for business like myself please dont trust it. thnx

Slow speed good service

I just purchased the medium starter pack with 36G data (including 12G bonus) and thought it would be good, however the download speed is 80k/s?!!! Are we on dial up? Upload speed on the other hand is 8M/s. I'm not sure if they put the priorities right.

====== Update 24/05/19 =======

They've fixed my settings and now I'm getting 6Mb/s download and 3Mb/s upload, still slow but manageable.

Plan Cost per Month: $29.99
Included Data per Month:36 GB
Their support team is GREAT!! very responsive and helpful, even when this was just a 36G prepaid sim. Will definitely buy from them again.

Network trouble

Not good network most the time but no network at all inside the house in area Craigburn Victoria 3064.i always miss important call .while talking call drops as call failed

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Hi Kam, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please share your Lebara mobile number via private message and our team would look into the issue for you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Lebara Mobile

Extremely poor 4g speeds

Signed up for their yearly service. Very disappointed in the 4G speeds. Even a proper 3G would achieve better results. And this is not a one off case. It happens on a daily basis. You will never be able to use your data allowance no matter how small or large it is.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi Siddharth, Apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. The internet speed varies upon the area you are trying to use the mobile services. Please share your registered Lebara mobile number along with more details about the issue via private message and our team would look into the issue ASAP. Alternatively, you can call 126122. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Team Lebara

Poor reception and very poor voice quality

Call quality is very poor, words are muddled up, you receive every other word. I am using Google Pixel 3 phone, I was with Virgin before and didn't have any issues with the call quality in our area. Are they using a substandard Vodafone network? I am very disappointed with the call quality. I can't wait for the 6 month period to end so that I can switch back to major provider.

Plan Cost per Month: $88.00
Included Data per Month:8 GB
Hi there, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. We would like to investigate the issue and resolve it ASAP. Please send us a private message including your Lebara mobile number more detail about the issue; the area where you're using Lebara Mobile services and if the issue pertains to just calls or data usage as well. We look forward to your response. Kind regards, Team Lebara

Excellent customer service by Laura

Excellent (10/10) Customer Service By Laura Qalova in Lebara Team. Laura you are a Gem.

I am an existing customer of Lebara and having issues with my account, mobile data as well as recharge.

Usually when I call Lebara, the customer service representative just listen to the issue and than it depends on his/her mood to fix it or not but had a chat with Laura who really wants to know the issues genuinely and nailing them one by one (as rapidly as she can).

If the issue get fixed quickly that saves a lot of time and money for the employer as well as for the customer. Laura brought my trust back on Lebara by providing an excellent customer service.

Laura you worth each single penny you are receiving. Keep helping your customers they really need the best customer service.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi there, Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to know that our team was able to resolve the issue within no time. Your feedback is much valued and we would make sure that this reaches Laura. Kind regards, Team Lebara

Lebara data banking is a scam and a lie

Absolutely terrible phone company. Their data banking that they just introduced is a scam. Most 180 day or 360 day plans have bonus data which is used up at the end of the original data you get with your plan size. The bonus data is tacked on at the end and used up after your original data is used. Data banking does not include bonus data. I had almost 1.7 gigabytes of bonus data left last month and I thought the data banking was a good idea so I looked up terms and conditions and it says nothing about bonus data not being added to data bank. So I decided to keep the data I had left. That next morning at the turnaround point my data was gone and not banked, so I rang customer service and they told me it does not include data that is of Bonus data. I kept explaining to them the situation.... and this was not in online terms and conditions but they were completely not listening and kept repeating the same thing, and because rude. I asked for a supervisor and was told one would call me back and 24 hrs. When she finally call me back she believed I was in the right and said she had to check on it and call me back. She never called me back and I ended up losing the the data for it was not Banked, not was I offered any solution. So don't bank on data banking because it's a true scam. I should go to the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman . everywhere you look Lebara mobile has terrible reviews. And all they do is give you the standard response. Stay away from them.

UPDATE:
Since writing the above review, I have been contacted by Lebara and to my understanding there was a mistake, and bonus data should be added. They said in future this would occur.... Perhaps this could be considered teething problems. Further to that, they have compensated me with 4 gigabytes of data. I am happy with this resolution and I'm hoping this issue will not repeat itself in the future. It is a shame though that I needed to end up on this forum in order to have this situation rectified. I also believe that the staff at the call centre need to be better trained at listening and have more of a want and a drive, to help fix customers problems.... and to value every single customer more. Well, we will see how we go in the future.....

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi Gary, Thank you for your review and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do understand your frustration upon losing out on your data and we would like to look into this issue for you. Please send us your Lebara mobile number along with your registered name via private message and our team would be happy to assist you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Team Lebara

Registration hiccup but finally OK!

26/Apr/18 Purchased a $2 blank Lebara sim card from Woolworth East Gardens, activation failed due to banking error, once error rectified however; subsequent attempt with the card activation resulted an Error given all info provided was correct !!!???
Emailed customer service with a bit of skepticism for its response time but surprisingly enough the following morning 27/April an email & SMS from customer service notifying that registration had been successful! with all information concerning the login details to access the phone balance & usage etc...
Opted for 'Extra Small' plan worth $14.90 with 3 GB data allowance for 30 days as a test, the process went very smoothly.
Given the initial hiccup I must say that Lebara customer service appears to pay attention to every query from its customers, thank you.
Future update will cover the area of reception of both internet and phone calls as I have not had any needs to do so just yet.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.90
Included Data per Month:3 GB
Hi JT, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for us. We do apologize for the activation issue and we are glad that our team was able to take care of it within the time frame. We would be waiting for the future updates and we hope you enjoy Lebara Mobile services. On behalf of everyone here at Lebara, Welcome! Kind regards, Team LebaraThis is the Update I promised. Tuesday 7/May/2019 went to my farm house in Lakesland NSW 2572 with my brand new Nokia X7, Vodafone network has definitely improved in my neck of the woods compared to some years ago as the reception inside the house is available from certain spots which is a far cry compared to previous years; however, the clarity is not as satisfactory as Telstra when making or receiving calls which forces me to move to the outside of the house due to its weak 4G signal just to be audible. On the other hand I will give its Wifi quality (inside the house) the thumbs up, surprisingly good! The only issue I am baffled with is how I could possibly have clocked up an enormous data usage from simply browsing through a news website, Ebay for few minutes and one download of a file less than 300 MB... total usage Tuesday-Friday inclusive is 2.16 GB !? while the same activity over the same duration on Telstra network (through Belong $10 with 1GB) left me with plenty of spare !? Would appreciate Lebara shedding some light on how data usage is calculated, thank you.

terrible....doesn't provide portability service

I did portability from lebara to TPG but, lebara could not port my number from their system and my number is still not activate. it has taken almost one week. very bad service

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Included Data per Month:2 GB
Hi Tupalben, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. Lebara Mobile does not hold/ stop any port out requests. Please reach out to us to verify whether your registered details with Lebara Mobile are correct and updated. Your port request with TPG would go through once the details provided to them match with those registered with us. Please send us a private message with your mobile number and we would be happy to help you verify your account. Alternatively, you can call us at 1300126166 or 126122. Regards, Team Lebara

Is this company a scam??!!

I brought a sim + plan at Melbourne airport. The guy that sold me the item told me they were having some connection issues and I should be connected in an hour. Roughly 50hours later and multiple phone calls and online chats later there has been no resolution. I would advise you to STAY AWAY from this company. After traveling around the world and using many telephone companies my experience with Lebara has been the WORST of all. Terrible.

no reception in the ponds 2769

for almost 3 weeks ,we got no reception in suburb of The ponds (2769) ,contacted costumer service ,very rude respond and no solution .
I contacted the help line a few time ,every time different answer ,the lebara customer service is a joke

Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:5 GB
Hi Mark, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. We would like to escalate this issue and resolve it as soon as possible. Please send us your registered Lebara mobile number via private message and our team would get in touch with you regarding the issue. Regards, Team Lebara

Easy port-in & helpful customer service!

My husband and I were using Woolies pre-paid (Telstra network), but recently Woolies removed the included international minutes so we switched to Lebara because of its great value pre-paid plans (Vodafone network).

I ordered two SIMs from Lebara online, only received one and informed Lebara via online chat. Staff from customer service checked their system and confirmed that the other SIM would be sent out as soon as possible, they worked efficiently to fix issues. I received the other SIM with Express Post.

We activated our SIMs online, the process was easy and fast. I think we did not encounter any issues because we're porting our numbers from a different network (Telstra to Vodafone).
Tips: There are a lot of online articles about how to port within the same network, it seems that people who are already on Vodafone network can first port their numbers to a different network (Optus/Telstra) before porting in to Lebara. Maybe this method works because last year we ported from Optus to Woolies (Telstra), and this month from Woolies (Telstra) to Lebara (Vodafone) without any issues.

So far everything is good (we live in city and have good signal), hope Lebara keeps its great value pre-paid plans (as low as $14.9/30 days with international minutes!). I believe more and more people will switch to and stay with Lebara as long as the current pre-paid plans are available. And thanks Lebara customer service team again for your helpful and efficient work! (I wish I could named all of you who had offered help, but there were too many since my first enquires, thanks all of you!)

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Hi Erica, Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to know that your porting went through smoothly and our plans suit your mobile service needs. On behalf of everyone here at Lebara Mobile, Welcome! Kind regards, Team Lebara

Disgusting customer service

Purchased a starter pack for Lebara from the net, activated it and arranged to port my existing number about 10am Wednesday, it is now 6am Saturday and still not done. Calls to 'Customer Service' (about 6 now) get stock answer "We will escalate it to our technical team" but nothing happens!!
Asked to speak to a supervisor and was told someone would ring me back within 4 hours (Great) but nothing has transpired. I have lodged a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Included Data per Month:10 GB
Hi, Thank you for your valuable feedback and apologies for the inconvenience it may have caused. We would like to inform you that there was an unplanned outage last week due to which your porting request may have delayed however we are happy to look into this so we can resolve the issue for you asap. Kindly share the number you are trying to port via private message. We will await your response. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Kind regards, Lebara CareThe number I am trying to have ported is 0421882263

Great value; didn't have porting issues

$30 SIM Starter is great value. Online activation didn't work so directed to call in. The guy sorted it in 5 mins, number ported in less than 20 minutes despite being told it would take 4 to 8 business hours. Uses Vodafone network which is very fast and good quality voice calls. Happy so far.

Plan Cost per Month: $30.00
Included Data per Month:25 GB
Hi Robert97, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that your porting went through smoothly. We hope you enjoy Lebara Mobile services. A hearty welcome from everyone here at Lebara!

Woolies.

Might i be so bold as to suggest that you chat with woolies concerning the process for activating your promotional sim cards. I would have saved me three 20 min calls to lebara over two days and three trips to wollies over two days to resolve.

Hi Akb, Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. We hope your Lebara Mobile service is running smoothly. Should you require any assistance in the future, please feel free to send us a private message and our team would help resolve the issue ASAP. Kind regards, Team Lebara

Very bad service! No service despite payment made. Stay away from this operator

Made payment for their four weeks now, but no service. I did everything and initiated over 24(countless phone calls to them and emails) contacts with them and no service. Operator continually broke all their promises in getting back to me(the supervisors continually lied everytime!). Despite repeated requests for refund but they continually ignored my requests. Please stay away from this operator, unless you want to give away your money!!!

Plan Cost per Month: $20.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB
Hi Philip, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. We would like to investigate this further and see where we went wrong. Please provide us with further details about the SIM plan/ order and the issue via private message and we assure you this would be resolved ASAP. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team Lebara

Lebara mobile prepaid card

I purchased my prepaid card 01/02/19 from Woolworths Supermarket at Garden City QLD. Tried to activate the sim online with returning error message. I then rang the customer service number and was told that I can't activate my sim until I can post them the tax invoice.
I asked for refund and was told they won't give any refund as I have taken the sim card out from the pack.
Really terrible!!!

Hi Tony, Thank you for your review. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to go through. We understand your frustration and would like to resolve the issue. Please provide us with the details about the SIM pack ( mobile number and ICCID) via private message and we assure you that we would fix this for you ASAP. Looking forward to your response. Regards, Team Lebara

Good service

I bought a $29 SIM card from woolies that was half price lots of data and works really well thank you

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you are happy with our MEDIUM $29.90 plan. Welcome to Lebara Mobile! Kind regards, Team Lebara

If I could give 0 stars, I would

After waiting 11 days for my SIM card to arrive.
They sent me the wrong one. Refund was made.
Ridiculous.

No attempt to keep me with them, I supposed there is little you can do when the call starts with "Rants about story then requests refund*

Glad I experienced the end of the stick before I even activated my account.

Hi there, Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you had to go through. Our SIM packs are usually delivered in 5-7 business days. There seems to be an error while shipping your order. We would like to look into the matter and see what went wrong. Could you please provide us with your order number via private message. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team Lebara28 days later. Stil no refund. I've escalated it to a bank dispute as instructed by PayPal. No way will I engage with your staff again. If I known you were using Vodafone, I wouldn't never purchased in the first placeHi there, As advised in our previous response, please share your order number via private message so we could look into the issue for you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team Lebara

It’s been more than 9 hours since I purchased a SIM card, and I’ve called the customer care multiple times today for help in activation, since on the website it shows me an error “No match found” when I key in my last 4 digits of my SIM card. I have emailed my passport details as well. I have called more than 5 times and each time I’m told it’ll get activated in an hour, but hasnt been done so far. I’m a tourist here and I’m finding it very difficult without using my phone to travel around. I’m feeling so helpless and tensed.
All I can suggest is keep calling them and tell them that they said it will take an hour for activation, but it is still not working.... For me, it worked instantly, so maybe something is wrong.... Just keep trying to call them.... So sorry this has happened to you.... I'll say a prayer for you to Jesus to bring you some peace. God bless you.Hi Manjeera, Sincere apologies about the inconvenience you had to go through. Please share the SIM pack details i.e the mobile number and ICCID via private message and we would resolve this issue ASAP. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team Lebara

How I can solve this problem please .it happened before , I TRY TO CALL ,but I got a message says : Emergency call only .then I sent message to Lebara .they asked me to buy new sim card .So I bought a sim card and a new mobile too . I installed the SIM card but I can not use it . I lost some dollars with out use my mobile ,but I still have 98 dollars in my account as a credit ,it is going to be expired next July 2019.
Hi Sam, As advised in the previous post, we would need your Lebara Mobile details so our team could look into the issue for you. Please share the details ( mobile number and ICCID) via private message or give us a call at 126122. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team LebaraToday at 11.30 am I called lebara . I talked to customer service and I explained the problem of my mobile .I Gave him The details of my Lebara account .He asked me to close the mobile and he will call me after he asked some body to solve the problem of my Lebara account.Until now it is 4.35 pm but He did not call me back.I need to use my mobile. What a bad Lebara service ?????????

Dear Sir long time ago using lebara mobile . I have a problem the second time .it is the same problem .I contacted Lebara rep. they asked me to buy new sim card .I bought new sim card .I try to use my new mobile with the new sim card ,but i failed to use it again .is there any final solution to my problem?
Hi Sam, Thank you for your post and sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you had to go through. Please tell us more about the issue and also share your Lebara Mobile details via private message and our team would be happy to assist you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Team LebaraIs there any hope to use my Lebara Mobile ?Hi Sam, Please share your Lebara Mobile details via private message so our team is able to look into it for you.