LG GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

LG GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser) Questions & Answers

MPN: GBW450UPLX

5 questions from our users

Kevin

Kevinasked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

What is the flow like out of the water dispenser?

Lynda B

Lynda Basked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

Does anyone have a problem with the crisper not keeping vegies fresh? We get bendy carrots after a few days.

Gizzyduck

Never had that problem at all & we have 2 of these fridges.

Wingnut

Wingnutasked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

How can I reverse the doors?

Alexia
Alexia

When we bought, we had the choice of buying left or right opening. I’m not sure if you can flip from one to the other. Hope that helps! Also double-check in case the newer model can :)

Gizzyduck

With the latest model (ie i bought in July 2018) you can't just "flip it". You will need to get a professional to do it otherwise your warranty will become void.

jirgool

jirgoolasked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

I purchased this model WITHOUT the water dispenser last year. (Nov 2016)
The freezer has ceased working, it defrosts anything i put in there. I have lost a lot of food, managed to salvage some and place in a small freezer I have thank goodness. Has anyone else had this problem? I reported to retailer who were very good and passed on to LG, but when I contacted LG they couldn't locate the e mail which has now delayed the service call another 48 hours which now makes that 96 hours. I think this is too long and feel the after sales service from the manufacturer leaves a lot to be desired. I am just relieved I don't have a problem with the refrigerator as I would be very unhappy . I have never experienced a problem with a fridge/ freezer in the past but then I have never purchased an LG.

Tom

Same model, bought in March 2017. A year later freezer stopped working, followed by the rest of the fridge. Reported problem to LG on Tuesday, they have passed it to a 3rd party company that does the service. The technician came on following Monday (!), competent guy, was able to check the fridge, but since the problem was with the compressor and sealing of the gas pipes, it couldn't be repaired. Next few days me and my wife spent calling LG and the servicing company, trying to coordinate the process, as they were blaming each other on not sending some reports through. Two days our case spent being "escalated", whatever it means, to a higher level case manager at LG, waiting for her to make a decision, It's quite difficult to imagine how long it takes without "escalation". Finally the replacement fridge was delivered to us exactly 2 weeks after we have reported that the old one died. Quite horrible service experience.

Gizzyduck

I bought my LG in August 2016 & have never had this issue.
I haven't done this myself but apparently there is a SMART DIAGNOSIS you can do via an app & a SELF CHECK (see your manual).
This should be covered by warranty for sure. You should just be able to call LG directly & they will direct you to an authorized agent to fix it for you. With any issues with appliances I usually just call the company directly....easier than a 3rd party unless you have extended warranty then you will need to go through them.

Tom

Smart diagnosis is in my opinion more a marketing feature than the real thing. Our fridge still reported all good even when it was completely broken :) We did call LG and the whole process was fronted by them. The problem was they didn't communicate with their repair agents and they were waiting for each other to push some papers for days.

Les

Lesasked

GB-W450UPLX (Stainless, Water Dispenser)

Is the fridge noisy and can the doors be left mounted?

Chris
Chris

Hi, like said the fridge has normal sound levels to me. Noise is different to each ear. I would call it quiet in operation but once in a while you hear it more than most times.
Don't think the door can be swapped around since the handles (or grabs) are sunk into the door itself from the side and only one side has it. Both fridge and freezer door swings and hinges are on the right side if you stand in front of it. But get in touch with LG support and they will help you better than I can.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives