LG French Door GF-L Series

• Internal Layout

Is working well.

Setup was easy.
Working well and quiet.
Only minor improvement would be to have the external water catch to be recessed to hold to missed ice and water.
Stainless steel still leaves some finger marks.

Purchased in January 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $2,000.00.

Booran HoldenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Fridge works well everything is great.

Customer aftersales service warranty is not good. The minor problem that occurred not long after purchase LG are refusing to fix. I consider it minor all it is the water flap that the paint has come off where you put a glass for water. The response I got was it is due to wear and tear.I am not sure what you are meant to do you have to place a glass on the flap to access water. The problem will only get worse I know it is only an appearance problem it does not affect the operation of the Fridge. Other than this minor fault we love the Fridge it looks great and all the features and design are great. I have made several contacts with LG but they refuse to do anything.I will keep pursuing this issue until something is done.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Hi ,
What I am hoping for is that they fix the problem that is my main concern not customer service.
If that is fixed I won't have to deal with customer aftersales.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Great Fridge At A Reasonable Price

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,498.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG French Door GF-L Series compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

The fruit and vegetable drawers were creating ice and freezing all my produce

Purchased last year,the fruit and vegetable drawers were creating ice and freezing all my produce, and it has
Been fixed two times it will stay good for three months, and then happening again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,600.00.

Household Size6 person(s)
PMarie

PMarieSydney, NSW

Great Fridge

Had my fridge for about a week. Fridge is extremely quiet. Literally no sound. Water is fresh and cold every time I use it. Can reach into both drawers completely without opening doors so no need to open both doors to access crispers. I connected the water myself however I needed to buy a brass connector as the fridge only came with one size fitting and it was too big for the tap. Is running perfectly now. I don’t notice any significant difference with previous fridges opening and closing the doors. It looks great and is very spacious for a slimline. The door shelves on the ice maker side are very narrow, can’t really store jars etc there. Overall I definitely recommend for tight spaces.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Space and Design

I like stanless still design. Good size enough for 4 of us.It very quite. Fridge can connect to water tap and produce ice and filter water. unlike some fridge need to fill the bucket with Ice

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Doors Slam Shut

Water and Ice in front door were main reason for purchase. Freezer space is great too. Doors Are heavy and slam closed through despite fridge being level. Also dents very easy. Wouldn’t buy again.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2,700.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Dodzee

DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is a very bad fridge from L G

- First and foremost this fridge is noisy and humming day and night.

-Second: it has 2 doors and inside that there are 2 drawers but GUESS WHAT, you can not open ONE DRAWER if you open ONE DOOR .... the drawer will only open when you open the 2 doors

- Third: when the doors close the make a sound like shutting a bedroom door

Finally don't waste your money on such a fridge .... go buy something else

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,448.00.

Clive L.

Clive L.

Elegantly well designed and spacious.

The most striking feature with this four door is that both the top and bottom sections are full length spaces without any dividing panels as with two door refrigerators. So even when one opens say the right hand door one can access items from the entire lengths of the shelves.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

Sconners

SconnersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely Noisy - multiple technicians, no fix

Let me start by saying the Fridge itself it great. It fits in a small area and it has worked well since we got it.

But the noise. The noise is unbearable at night. It hums and whirs and I can hear it in my bedroom with the door closed. The noise is so bad it vibrates on our timber floors. I have had 2 technicians out with NO fix. I pulled the fridge out and found that all he had done was fitted bits of foam behind the casing for the inverter to stop the rattling - it didn't work. It's the compressor/inverter on the back making ungodly amounts of noise at night.

HORRIBLE.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Skyline49

Skyline49South East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge

The LG GF-L570MBL fridge is the perfect size for 3 us, I think it would be too small for a family of more than 4 people. The ice maker & water dispenser requires plumbing in, this ensures you always have water & ice without the need to refill any containers. I have purchased the black model fridge as my stainless steel kitchen appliances appear to be rusting. The freezer section is at the bottom of the fridge and is very roomy, the drawers are convenient. The fridge makes a sound if you’ve left any of the doors open. This fridge has silent operation. It’s very quiet.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $2,672.00.

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fridge but dents very easily

Great fridge had it for 2 weeks but disappointed we already have dents it’s in an open space. Our last stainless steel fridge we had for 13 years in same position and didn’t get a dent till last couple of years clearly the materials are very poor as we have no idea how it has become dented in such a short time

Purchased in March 2020 for $2,860.00.

Household Size5 person(s)

Faulty Fridge

I purchased the french door fridge late last year however it was delivered and installed just prior to Christmas 2019. The fruit and vegetable drawers were creating ice and freezing all my produce from the beginning. Tried some simple trouble shooting steps which didn’t work so I decided to call LG. They sent someone around a week later and advised it was a manufacturer fault which needed a part to repair the fridge. When I called them back and requested a replacement fridge as this should not have happened to a brand new fridge. They refused, considering the amount you pay for this item I would not expect a fault from day 1. Very disappointed would not buy an LG product again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2,800.00.

Leonie in Darwin

Leonie in DarwinDarwin, NT

Cheap quality skins on fridge with a huge price tag

The main problem is the rust and discolouration of the fridge doors. A $4800.00 fridge that looks like it comes from the dump. No help from LG at all because it is a cosmetic fault. They were/are not interested in the slightest. We have had function faults (ice/water dispenser) rectified after an almost endless process. We will never buy another LG product on the strength of the horrid attitude in this instance. Their True Colours have shone brightly. We would not recommend LG to anyone.

Purchased in April 2016 at JB Hi-Fi.

Tammy

TammyWheatbelt, WA

Don’t buy this fridge if you live in the country.

Wish we had never brought this fridge and unfortunately we have three on the farm for our three families. It freezes the vegetables in the crisper so we are having to throw out vegetables all the time. Sadly this is a known problem with this fridge which we were not aware of when we purchased. LG have been giving us the run around for months and I was even told that by them that I should not have brought a fridge if there was no service centre nearby. There is a repairman 70 kms away but not a registered LG repairman. To take 3 fringes back to Perth to have repaired would be a nightmare. I have had enough and am in the process of contacting consumer affairs. Will never purchase anything LG again.

Joe

JoeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Why would any manufacturer make a fridge with a water dispenser that produces room temperature water. If I wanted room temperature water I would have filled up at the kitchen sink. So disappointed that I bought this fridge

Purchased in January 2020.

Elena

ElenaSydney, NSW

The best fridge

We wanted to upgrade our old LG fridge (which we had for the past 8 years or so).
I love 4 separate doors, very convenient. It has retractable shelf to store tall items (bottles, etc) in the fridge which is very useful from time to time. The freezer has 2 separate doors (again very convenient) and separate drawers which keeps all content very organized and easy to locate.
It includes WiFi connectivity but I did not have a chance to use it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2,299.00.

Household Size5 person(s)

MargOMid North Coast, NSW

Looks great, that's it!

First 4 months we lost so much fresh fruit and veg as it kept freezing in the crisper. Followed 3 lots of instructions from LG before they finally agreed to call repairman - found out it is a common problem and fixed by installing an extra part. Thought storage would be great, but sadly its terrible. Shelving inflexible, cannot store a tall bottle of sauce let alone a wine bottle unless you push back the retractable shelf. Crisper drawers only extend half way out so very awkward and limiting to use. Left door way too heavy, hard to open and it bangs closed heavily. Freezer drawers do not offer great access either. All in all, extremely disappointed and definitely would not recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $2,800.00.

MargO

The offer of a refund would be greatly appreciated.

Ehsan H

Ehsan HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product!

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts for $2,748.00.

LG A.LG

We are on our second fridge of this model,

We are on our second fridge of ths model, first died overnight after 3 months, [we lost a lot of food] it was replaced after a 2 week wait. And was replaced with a damaged fridge with a dent on the door, which was replaced after several attempts as they [LG] didn't send enough parts at first.
The air curtain [which the salesman told us about as a unique feature] does not work.
Even service personal made the remark when it died, "oh yes this one is made in China".
This is very disappointing as we have never had trouble with a high end fridge previously.
We have asked for rectification within 10 days as we are very sick of this.

Purchased in March 2019 for $2,300.00.

Peter R.
Peter R.

Shine Z

Shine Zasked

570L French Door GF-L570 Series (Slim Width)

HI, the fridge door edge surface has some bubble up, seems like the plastic membrane on the surface is detached, some bubble happen on the side of the door, it can be seen when open the door. should the surface plastic be removed, it is attached quite tight.

Tracy

Tracy asked

570L French Door GF-L570MBL

Absolutely love this fridge. Matte Black is mint and I’m so glad I chose the door-in-door. My only observation is that the top shelf doesn’t have a centre support. Should I be worried about what I put on that shelf, weight wise?

Jo Hasked

570L French Door GF-L570MBL

Is the hose/pipe to connect a plumbed version supplied with the purchase? How long is the hose? Is a fitting to connect to the house plumbing supplied?

Hi,
Yes my fridge did come with all hose fittings. Not sure what length hose is. Some advise the flap for water dispenser
where you place the glass wears out after minimal use .LG would not replace it they claim it is due to wear and tear.
Not sure what you have to do maybe only use paper cups so it will not wear out.Still waiting to see if they will
replace it such a minor complaint to keep a customer.Apart from that it is a fantastic fridge.

Jo H

Thanks for your comment- very helpful

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 7 LG French Door GF-L Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $3,239.00$2,999.00$2,759.00$2,879.00
Dimensions 1787 x 835 x 734 mm1787 x 835 x 734 mm1787 x 835 x 734 mm1787 x 835 x 734 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people1-2 people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Colour / FinishMatte BlackStainless SteelStainlessMatte Black
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYesYesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Weight116 kg116 kg116 kg116 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity