LG 708L French Door

• Internal Layout

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great fridge but dents very easily

Great fridge had it for 2 weeks but disappointed we already have dents it’s in an open space. Our last stainless steel fridge we had for 13 years in same position and didn’t get a dent till last couple of years clearly the materials are very poor as we have no idea how it has become dented in such a short time

Purchased in March 2020 for $2,860.00.

Faulty Fridge

I purchased the french door fridge late last year however it was delivered and installed just prior to Christmas 2019. The fruit and vegetable drawers were creating ice and freezing all my produce from the beginning. Tried some simple trouble shooting steps which didn’t work so I decided to call LG. They sent someone around a week later and advised it was a manufacturer fault which needed a part to repair the fridge. When I called them back and requested a replacement fridge as this should not have happened to a brand new fridge. They refused, considering the amount you pay for this item I would not expect a fault from day 1. Very disappointed would not buy an LG product again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,800.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

Cheap quality skins on fridge with a huge price tag

The main problem is the rust and discolouration of the fridge doors. A $4800.00 fridge that looks like it comes from the dump. No help from LG at all because it is a cosmetic fault. They were/are not interested in the slightest. We have had function faults (ice/water dispenser) rectified after an almost endless process. We will never buy another LG product on the strength of the horrid attitude in this instance. Their True Colours have shone brightly. We would not recommend LG to anyone.

Purchased in April 2016 at JB Hi-Fi.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 708L French Door compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Tammy

TammyWheatbelt, WA

Don’t buy this fridge if you live in the country.

Wish we had never brought this fridge and unfortunately we have three on the farm for our three families. It freezes the vegetables in the crisper so we are having to throw out vegetables all the time. Sadly this is a known problem with this fridge which we were not aware of when we purchased. LG have been giving us the run around for months and I was even told that by them that I should not have brought a fridge if there was no service centre nearby. There is a repairman 70 kms away but not a registered LG repairman. To take 3 fringes back to Perth to have repaired would be a nightmare. I have had enough and am in the process of contacting consumer affairs. Will never purchase anything LG again.

MargOMid North Coast, NSW

Looks great, that's it!

First 4 months we lost so much fresh fruit and veg as it kept freezing in the crisper. Followed 3 lots of instructions from LG before they finally agreed to call repairman - found out it is a common problem and fixed by installing an extra part. Thought storage would be great, but sadly its terrible. Shelving inflexible, cannot store a tall bottle of sauce let alone a wine bottle unless you push back the retractable shelf. Crisper drawers only extend half way out so very awkward and limiting to use. Left door way too heavy, hard to open and it bangs closed heavily. Freezer drawers do not offer great access either. All in all, extremely disappointed and definitely would not recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for $2,800.00.

MargO

The offer of a refund would be greatly appreciated.

Ehsan HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product!

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts for $2,748.00.

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Fridge, Plugged it in and it works.

Purchased in October 2019 for $3,298.00.

Avoid at all costs

Purchased in May 2019 for $5,000.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)
SeepK

SeepKSydney, NSW

Great fridge! Complaint free!

I love this fridge. It's got a very convenient, well thought of design. I absolutely love the 'extra space' compartments and love the retractable shelf which is very convenient when you have tall carafes to store.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys Online store.

Phil

PhilLeichhardt

Crisper drawers freeze food

Reading reviews on this and other sites, there seems to be a common problem with this fridge.

Sadly any fruit and vegetables freeze in the “Big Fresh Zone” drawers and a week after turning the fridge on, there is a frost build up behind these drawers.

LG denied that there’s a common problem, but they are sending a technician, so let’s see.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Jan DaySouth East Queensland, QLD

4 door French Refrigerator section Freezes soft foods at the highest temperature setting

LG Fridge GFL708PL. At the highest 6 degree setting soft foods in the crispers and main sections of the fridge on both sides freeze so we're throwing out most fruit/vegetables even after buying special mats to improve airflow in the vegetable crispers. Eggs also freeze inside a special container we bought (the fridge doesn't have a spot for eggs). This thermostat fault appears to be common to this design. Waiting for a service call back in hope of a solution. The left side door also lams shut which is annoying and risks damage to contents, which other reviewers also note. Avoid this one.

Jan Day

update: it took 2 service calls to fix the fault with a replacement part that took weeks during which time s lot of food was spoiled.

NikkiB

NikkiBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect fridge freezer

I totally love the design of this fridge freezer it is the most practical fridge I've ever had, it just works perfectly for us. Things are clearly visible so nothing gets left at the back turning furry! Love the door in door to for just grabbing a drink. Its also a very good looking fridge. Ice dispenser is very neat and compact so not taking up a large chunk of the fridge or freezer
As mentioned by others is does run cold, but I have it on the highest setting and salad is now cold not frozen. For me I couldn't be happier

Purchased in June 2019 at Stan Cash for $3,466.00.

Danni

DanniGippsland, VIC

Love our new fridge! Stylish and functional!

We have been using our new fridge for 5 weeks now. We love it. The door in door feature is really handy for our family of 7 and I can only assume the energy bill will also show a decrease as we're not having to open the full fridge completely to get to those regular use items like milk, juice, margarine and sauces etc. It was really easy to hook up to the water connection and the ice maker made our first lot of ice an hour or so after being turned on which we were amazed by. We've had no ice clogs and absolutely no problems with this fridge. It looks fantastic in our new kitchen.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,900.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 7 person(s)
Peter C

Peter CSydney, NSW

Underwhelming and not what I expected from LG

• +1

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online.

Trent

Trent

Great fridge with some minor issues

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $320.00.

Kidshorsesme

KidshorsesmePerth

Instaview is a nice 'gimmic' that you will never use at home.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)

Dints and scratches very easy

We update to this model from a Samsung side by side and we are very disappointed buy how easy the door panels dint and scratch. I would suggest it’s not a very thick panel. We had our Samsung for 9 years with not 1 dint. We have had this for 6 months and has at least 4 dints already. Another let down is there is no water tank inside fridge to chill water like our Samsung has so you need to add ice to every drink or it’s warm being straight from tap. If you want to open right chill drawer you need to open both doors as it hits on left door flap. I have tried to sell this fridge at a discounted price as it’s driving me crazy.

Purchased in December 2018.

Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice fridge BUT ...

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Sinola V

Sinola VGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is really good, I am glad i did upgrade my old fridge.

It maintains the fridge temperature very well and all the foods especially the vegetables and green leafs are remaining very fresh.
I really like the two doors in the freezer and I can store the non-veg & veg separately and penty of storage. I like the doors without handle and it is easy to open!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mish

MishMelbourne

Does the job

The fridge is user friendly in terms of setting the temperatures, installing the filer and connecting the water was easy (if you already have the plumbing connection).
The only down side is that the left side fridge door is much heavier than the right because of the water and ice dispensers and tends to slam shut.
Otherwise a good looking fridge / freezer, loved the brushed steel too as marks are less evident.

Date PurchasedOct 2018