LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

GF-D708 (Door-In-Door), GF-L708PL and GF-V708 (InstaView, Door-In-Door)

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Instaview is a nice 'gimmic' that you will never use at home.

I loved the look of this fridge at the retailers, liked the extra room inside due to the ice maker etc. all being mounted in the door unlike the Samsung that houses it in the fridge space. Loved the gimmic of the Instaview door ... but since the novelty wore off, I never use it.

The door in door is a brilliant idea & the light coming on when you open the outer door is a great feature. I find the fridge section not as roomy inside as I was expecting & think the bigger 910 litre version would have been better choice for my needs. The freezer section is great with a combination of door shelves & slide out small drawers ... a much better idea than one huge door on the front & BIG bin type drawers that are too heavy when filled. So AAA+++ for the freezer section design.

I have been having problems with vegetables & salad freezing in the vegetable crispers. I have adjusted the fridge / freezer temperature to +3 / -20 & still have frozen lettuces. I was expecting there to be some cold air grille / diverters that I could adjust the flow of cold air into the crisper but there is NOTHING about it in the 'Owners Manual' which is a disgrace for a $4500 refrigerator ! :-(

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)

Dints and scratches very easy

We update to this model from a Samsung side by side and we are very disappointed buy how easy the door panels dint and scratch. I would suggest it’s not a very thick panel. We had our Samsung for 9 years with not 1 dint. We have had this for 6 months and has at least 4 dints already. Another let down is there is no water tank inside fridge to chill water like our Samsung has so you need to add ice to every drink or it’s warm being straight from tap. If you want to open right chill drawer you need to open both doors as it hits on left door flap. I have tried to sell this fridge at a discounted price as it’s driving me crazy.

Purchased in December 2018.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Nice fridge BUT ...

We purchased this fridge as we have had LG fridges for the past 20 years and consider them still to be a great choice. Our new fridge was delivered with a faulty/broken wheel that meant it could not sit level. So they had to order us a new one which we received a week later. This one could not be levelled and the more they tried the more the doors were out of alignment. One of the doors jutted out so we were told that it would have to be replaced and it would take a month to get a new door. A month later they turned up with a new door but decided that the new door would not fix the problem and again tried adjusting it and the more they adjusted it the more out of alignment the doors would get. Again they decided to send up a new fridge. A week later (2 days ago) we received our new fridge. The doors are perfect but the fridge leans to the right but when they started to try and straighten it the doors again would go out of alignment. So we told them to leave it alone and we are going to put up with a fridge that slightly leans to the right. Don't know what we will do if we ever move house. We bought the Mat Black model and it shows every fingerprint BUT we love our new fridge and LG/The Good Guys have been good replacing it but we have wasted so much $ food with having the fridge replaced so many times and just hope that its all been worth it. And the mat black looks sooo good in our all white kitchen.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 2 person(s)

This is really good, I am glad i did upgrade my old fridge.

It maintains the fridge temperature very well and all the foods especially the vegetables and green leafs are remaining very fresh.
I really like the two doors in the freezer and I can store the non-veg & veg separately and penty of storage. I like the doors without handle and it is easy to open!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Does the job

The fridge is user friendly in terms of setting the temperatures, installing the filer and connecting the water was easy (if you already have the plumbing connection).
The only down side is that the left side fridge door is much heavier than the right because of the water and ice dispensers and tends to slam shut.
Otherwise a good looking fridge / freezer, loved the brushed steel too as marks are less evident.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

good fridge but finger prints and small ring scratches driving me crazy

We bought this fridge as it was the biggest fridge we could get in the gap we have. The fridge functions well and the freeze size is very good. My frustration with this fridge however is that it was sold to us as finger print free. Its definitely not! Our fridge constantly looks messy with fingerprint marks all over it. There are recessed handles (as opposed to the common stainless steel pole handles) at the bottom of the fridge doors and on the tops of the freezer doors - but do you think I can get my teenage kids to use them!? What's more we have small scratches on the fridge door surfaces from people closing the doors with rings on there hands.
If you don't mind looking at a grubby fridge then go for it... if however you want a great looking $4k-ish fridge (which it is without finger prints) this is NOT the fridge for you.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Excellent quality, huge capacity and stylish looks

Purchased this fridge from the Good Guys (through their Ebay site). Had a 20% discount and a Cashback offer from LG at the time which took $1200 off the price. I don’t think I would have stretched the budget so high if I was paying full price. But it is an excellent fridge freezer.

In short, it’s massive, more than capable for our family of 3. Great freezer space and easy access to four large draws (two each side) and two shelves (one each side). Additional shelves in the doors are quite deep too. Impressive. A number of French Door fridges on the market have two large draws in the bottom freezer section, on a number we tried they seemed to be a bit clumsy and flimsy. Particularly in the Samsung models. Though I’ve noticed in the newer Samsung models now they have gone back to two doors and multiple shelves/draws like this LG model.

In the fridge, there is a huge capacity as well. The ice maker in the door is very well designed and compact. It doesn’t intrude on the door space anywhere near as much as other French Door fridges around. That was a big plus for my wife and I. The door in door feature has been around a while with LG and I really like it as well. I thought it might just be a bit of a novelty but with the fridge being quite large, the main doors are pretty bulky and heavy. So just popping in to grab the juice or milk is quick and easy. The light feature is definitely a novelty, the difference in price between the non light and the light was so small though that I went for this one. It’s a bit of a talking point when people come over, besides that we rarely use it. My three year old probably had the most fun with it for a short period of time.

Style wise it’s a great addition to our new kitchen. No protruding handles was another plus point for me. They are integrated under and top of the doors and this looks great.

The wifi; it might be used for diagnostics. I’ve had a couple of alerts telling me someone has left the fridge door open. All good if you are in the house to close it! Again, it’s not something that influenced me to buy this fridge.

Consumables wise this fridge requires a water filter and air filter, not sure about pricing. I think water is around the $50 and can imagine Air is roughly the same. They both seem very easy to switch out.

All in all I’m very happy with the fridge and I hope it stays reliable for many years to come!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent so far

Very impressed, I've only had it a few days and the space and features are brilliant, had a slight problem with the water having a plastic taste googled the problem and it seemed like I wasn't the only one, but fixed it myself by accident and though I better share, it turned out the water filter was not fully engaged In its fitting, you have to turn it approximately 180 degrees to fully engage, now we have beautiful filtered water

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Beautiful

This fridge is AMAZING. Has so many features and so few flaws.
First the bad ;
1.Fridge arrived and after it was unpacked found a a "20 cent piece size" dirt mark on the interior fridge section. Took some work to remove it.
2. Poor workmanship on a panel on the back of the unit, doesn't sit right.
3. The left hand side vegetable draw hits the right hand side fridge door when you try to open it
4. Do not spill anything liquid in the fridge as it is impossible to clean under the glass and the plastic that holds it.
5. Even though all instructions were followed for the ice, the taste of the water filter still permeates and is very unpleasant to drink.

Good:
1. The lighting is FANTASTIC
2. So much room in the fridge and freezer
3. Love the door in door, and also the playful (not really needed ) 2 tap instaview panel
4. The extra "dairy " compartments are also added space and a bonus for use
5. The unit is awesome to look at and compared to a samsung, the vegetable containers are larger and of a more usable size.

I notice every time I open the freezer door, that ice crystals appear on the drawers, odd look but is no bother.
You also have to register twice if you want to use the wifi, that was a bit confusing, and the operator from LG didn't know about it. Said she would ring back, but didn't.
The handles are a tad difficult to keep clean as food crumbs drops in here and there, the handles have an inner lining of a rubber type material, makes it hard to wipe the handles inside clean.
You can't operate the ice/water if the opposite fridge door is open, not a problem, was just an idiosyncracy.

All in all , well worth the money so far, will update in a few months, as I have noticed heavy advertising on TV recently for this fridge. Has way more pluses than the samsung which we when we went into the store, were 100% going to buy

Date PurchasedAug 2018

lots of space

I love the colour although may be easily smudged with hand prints. I like the draws and water filter. its quite functional and easy to use. It is bit pricey, but you are getting the quality of a good smart fridge. I can't be happier with my fridge, worth the investment

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great fridge

Water ice functionality an added bonus to this fridge. great space for different products and fridge shelving that pull out ( easy to access content and easy on the back) all round happy with the product. Stainless so easy to clean with minimal hand stains. Wifi and diagnostic tool an added bonus for those technical inclined.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Got my new fridge ten days ago. Keeps freezing all my veggies in my left side crisper drawer. Yes I’ve turned the temperature up. ( incase u were wondering it’s driving me mental with wastage. Help???
I suggest contacting LG an getting service agent to inspectThey’re giving me a Replacement as this is a Known issue with this fridge .

Anyone else’s matte black fridge have problems with the “paint” coming off. There a few spots on the fridge where it has started coming off. Note; It has not been knocked in those areas so it’s very odd.
Should not come off at all ... call LG Service & get them to come & assess the problem. It sounds like a warranty claim to me for lack of adhesion of the paint system !

Hi I am looking at buying this fridge. Can anyone tell me how wide will the French need to be opened? I have a stone bench on the left side which will require the door to be 90 degrees.
If you can only open the door to 90 degrees you won't be able to slide out the crisper. The door needs to be fully open for that. From the back of the fridge to the door seal is 610mm so if your benches are only that deep you could have the fridge door part in front of the bench width and you'd be able to open the door fully if you get what I mean. The closed fridge is 912 wide but if it sits forward from the cavity that's all you need to be able to open the doorsThanks, I don’t have a fridge cavity but I have a stone bench on the left side and nothing to encumber it on the right side (except a walk in pantry)

GF-L708PLGF-V708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)GF-D708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)GF-D708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) $3,899$4,799$4,599$4,099$4,299
Dimensions 1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Colour / Finish Brushed SteelMatte Black Stainless SteelBlack Stainless SteelBlack Stainless SteelMatte Black Stainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYesYesYesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 22222
Weight142 kg155 kg155 kg150 kg150 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity