LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

GF-L708PL, GF-V708 (InstaView, Door-In-Door), GF-D708 (Door-In-Door)

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Internal Layout

Consumer Photos & Videos

Ehsan HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product!

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts for $2,748.00.

LG
LG A.LG

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Fridge, Plugged it in and it works.

Purchased in October 2019 for $3,298.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Avoid at all costs

Purchased in May 2019 for $5,000.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)
SeepK

SeepKSydney, NSW

Great fridge! Complaint free!

I love this fridge. It's got a very convenient, well thought of design. I absolutely love the 'extra space' compartments and love the retractable shelf which is very convenient when you have tall carafes to store.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys Online store.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Phil

PhilLeichhardt

Crisper drawers freeze food

Reading reviews on this and other sites, there seems to be a common problem with this fridge.

Sadly any fruit and vegetables freeze in the “Big Fresh Zone” drawers and a week after turning the fridge on, there is a frost build up behind these drawers.

LG denied that there’s a common problem, but they are sending a technician, so let’s see.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Jan DaySouth East Queensland, QLD

4 door French Refrigerator section Freezes soft foods at the highest temperature setting

LG Fridge GFL708PL. At the highest 6 degree setting soft foods in the crispers and main sections of the fridge on both sides freeze so we're throwing out most fruit/vegetables even after buying special mats to improve airflow in the vegetable crispers. Eggs also freeze inside a special container we bought (the fridge doesn't have a spot for eggs). This thermostat fault appears to be common to this design. Waiting for a service call back in hope of a solution. The left side door also lams shut which is annoying and risks damage to contents, which other reviewers also note. Avoid this one.

Jan Day

update: it took 2 service calls to fix the fault with a replacement part that took weeks during which time s lot of food was spoiled.

NikkiB

NikkiBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect fridge freezer

I totally love the design of this fridge freezer it is the most practical fridge I've ever had, it just works perfectly for us. Things are clearly visible so nothing gets left at the back turning furry! Love the door in door to for just grabbing a drink. Its also a very good looking fridge. Ice dispenser is very neat and compact so not taking up a large chunk of the fridge or freezer
As mentioned by others is does run cold, but I have it on the highest setting and salad is now cold not frozen. For me I couldn't be happier

Purchased in June 2019 at Stan Cash for $3,466.00.

Danni

DanniGippsland, VIC

Love our new fridge! Stylish and functional!

We have been using our new fridge for 5 weeks now. We love it. The door in door feature is really handy for our family of 7 and I can only assume the energy bill will also show a decrease as we're not having to open the full fridge completely to get to those regular use items like milk, juice, margarine and sauces etc. It was really easy to hook up to the water connection and the ice maker made our first lot of ice an hour or so after being turned on which we were amazed by. We've had no ice clogs and absolutely no problems with this fridge. It looks fantastic in our new kitchen.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,900.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 7 person(s)
Peter C

Peter CSydney, NSW

Underwhelming and not what I expected from LG

• +1

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online.

Trent

Trent

Great fridge with some minor issues

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $320.00.

Kidshorsesme

KidshorsesmePerth

Instaview is a nice 'gimmic' that you will never use at home.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)

Dints and scratches very easy

We update to this model from a Samsung side by side and we are very disappointed buy how easy the door panels dint and scratch. I would suggest it’s not a very thick panel. We had our Samsung for 9 years with not 1 dint. We have had this for 6 months and has at least 4 dints already. Another let down is there is no water tank inside fridge to chill water like our Samsung has so you need to add ice to every drink or it’s warm being straight from tap. If you want to open right chill drawer you need to open both doors as it hits on left door flap. I have tried to sell this fridge at a discounted price as it’s driving me crazy.

Purchased in December 2018.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice fridge BUT ...

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Sinola V

Sinola VGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is really good, I am glad i did upgrade my old fridge.

It maintains the fridge temperature very well and all the foods especially the vegetables and green leafs are remaining very fresh.
I really like the two doors in the freezer and I can store the non-veg & veg separately and penty of storage. I like the doors without handle and it is easy to open!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mish

MishMelbourne

Does the job

The fridge is user friendly in terms of setting the temperatures, installing the filer and connecting the water was easy (if you already have the plumbing connection).
The only down side is that the left side fridge door is much heavier than the right because of the water and ice dispensers and tends to slam shut.
Otherwise a good looking fridge / freezer, loved the brushed steel too as marks are less evident.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
M48

M48AUCKLAND

good fridge but finger prints and small ring scratches driving me crazy

Date PurchasedNov 2018

CraigW

CraigWBrisbane

Excellent quality, huge capacity and stylish looks

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Thomas flanagan

Thomas flanagan

Excellent so far

Very impressed, I've only had it a few days and the space and features are brilliant, had a slight problem with the water having a plastic taste googled the problem and it seemed like I wasn't the only one, but fixed it myself by accident and though I better share, it turned out the water filter was not fully engaged In its fitting, you have to turn it approximately 180 degrees to fully engage, now we have beautiful filtered water

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Jennyoz

JennyozAU

Beautiful

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Mel L

Mel Lvic, 3978

lots of space

I love the colour although may be easily smudged with hand prints. I like the draws and water filter. its quite functional and easy to use. It is bit pricey, but you are getting the quality of a good smart fridge. I can't be happier with my fridge, worth the investment

Date PurchasedJul 2018