LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

LG GF-V708 / GF-D708 / GF-L708PL (708L, French Door)

GF-D708 (Door-In-Door), GF-L708PL and GF-V708 (InstaView, Door-In-Door)

See the Best French Door Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SeepK

SeepKSydney, NSW

Great fridge! Complaint free!

I love this fridge. It's got a very convenient, well thought of design. I absolutely love the 'extra space' compartments and love the retractable shelf which is very convenient when you have tall carafes to store.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys Online store.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Phil

PhilLeichhardt

Crisper drawers freeze food

Reading reviews on this and other sites, there seems to be a common problem with this fridge.

Sadly any fruit and vegetables freeze in the “Big Fresh Zone” drawers and a week after turning the fridge on, there is a frost build up behind these drawers.

LG denied that there’s a common problem, but they are sending a technician, so let’s see.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Jan DaySouth East Queensland, QLD

4 door French Refrigerator section Freezes soft foods at the highest temperature setting

LG Fridge GFL708PL. At the highest 6 degree setting soft foods in the crispers and main sections of the fridge on both sides freeze so we're throwing out most fruit/vegetables even after buying special mats to improve airflow in the vegetable crispers. Eggs also freeze inside a special container we bought (the fridge doesn't have a spot for eggs). This thermostat fault appears to be common to this design. Waiting for a service call back in hope of a solution. The left side door also lams shut which is annoying and risks damage to contents, which other reviewers also note. Avoid this one.

Jan Day

update: it took 2 service calls to fix the fault with a replacement part that took weeks during which time s lot of food was spoiled.

NikkiB

NikkiBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect fridge freezer

I totally love the design of this fridge freezer it is the most practical fridge I've ever had, it just works perfectly for us. Things are clearly visible so nothing gets left at the back turning furry! Love the door in door to for just grabbing a drink. Its also a very good looking fridge. Ice dispenser is very neat and compact so not taking up a large chunk of the fridge or freezer
As mentioned by others is does run cold, but I have it on the highest setting and salad is now cold not frozen. For me I couldn't be happier

Purchased in June 2019 at Stan Cash for $3,466.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Danni

DanniGippsland, VIC

Love our new fridge! Stylish and functional!

We have been using our new fridge for 5 weeks now. We love it. The door in door feature is really handy for our family of 7 and I can only assume the energy bill will also show a decrease as we're not having to open the full fridge completely to get to those regular use items like milk, juice, margarine and sauces etc. It was really easy to hook up to the water connection and the ice maker made our first lot of ice an hour or so after being turned on which we were amazed by. We've had no ice clogs and absolutely no problems with this fridge. It looks fantastic in our new kitchen.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,900.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 7 person(s)

Peter C

Peter CSydney, NSW

Underwhelming and not what I expected from LG

• +1

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online.

Trent

Trent

Great fridge with some minor issues

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $320.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

KidshorsesmePerth

Instaview is a nice 'gimmic' that you will never use at home.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)

Dints and scratches very easy

We update to this model from a Samsung side by side and we are very disappointed buy how easy the door panels dint and scratch. I would suggest it’s not a very thick panel. We had our Samsung for 9 years with not 1 dint. We have had this for 6 months and has at least 4 dints already. Another let down is there is no water tank inside fridge to chill water like our Samsung has so you need to add ice to every drink or it’s warm being straight from tap. If you want to open right chill drawer you need to open both doors as it hits on left door flap. I have tried to sell this fridge at a discounted price as it’s driving me crazy.

Purchased in December 2018.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice fridge BUT ...

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Sinola V

Sinola VGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is really good, I am glad i did upgrade my old fridge.

It maintains the fridge temperature very well and all the foods especially the vegetables and green leafs are remaining very fresh.
I really like the two doors in the freezer and I can store the non-veg & veg separately and penty of storage. I like the doors without handle and it is easy to open!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Mish

MishMelbourne

Does the job

The fridge is user friendly in terms of setting the temperatures, installing the filer and connecting the water was easy (if you already have the plumbing connection).
The only down side is that the left side fridge door is much heavier than the right because of the water and ice dispensers and tends to slam shut.
Otherwise a good looking fridge / freezer, loved the brushed steel too as marks are less evident.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

M48

M48AUCKLAND

good fridge but finger prints and small ring scratches driving me crazy

Date PurchasedNov 2018

CraigW

CraigWBrisbane

Excellent quality, huge capacity and stylish looks

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thomas flanagan

Thomas flanagan

Excellent so far

Very impressed, I've only had it a few days and the space and features are brilliant, had a slight problem with the water having a plastic taste googled the problem and it seemed like I wasn't the only one, but fixed it myself by accident and though I better share, it turned out the water filter was not fully engaged In its fitting, you have to turn it approximately 180 degrees to fully engage, now we have beautiful filtered water

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Jennyoz

JennyozAU

Beautiful

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Mel L

Mel Lvic, 3978

lots of space

I love the colour although may be easily smudged with hand prints. I like the draws and water filter. its quite functional and easy to use. It is bit pricey, but you are getting the quality of a good smart fridge. I can't be happier with my fridge, worth the investment

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Mikevdz

MikevdzNew South Wales

Great fridge

Water ice functionality an added bonus to this fridge. great space for different products and fridge shelving that pull out ( easy to access content and easy on the back) all round happy with the product. Stainless so easy to clean with minimal hand stains. Wifi and diagnostic tool an added bonus for those technical inclined.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Brookieasked

GF-V708 (InstaView, Door-In-Door)

Got my new fridge ten days ago. Keeps freezing all my veggies in my left side crisper drawer. Yes I’ve turned the temperature up. ( incase u were wondering it’s driving me mental with wastage. Help???

Brad
Brad

I suggest contacting LG an getting service agent to inspect

They’re giving me a
Replacement as this is a
Known issue with this fridge .

Lou B.
Lou B.

Yes I just received a replacement fridge with the same freezing problem as the original it is more pronounced in the left side crisper. LG have been supportive on this issue, we will see what the follow up on this one is

Louise Victoria

Louise Victoriaasked

GF-V708 (InstaView, Door-In-Door)

Anyone else’s matte black fridge have problems with the “paint” coming off. There a few spots on the fridge where it has started coming off. Note; It has not been knocked in those areas so it’s very odd.

Kidshorsesme

Should not come off at all ... call LG Service & get them to come & assess the problem. It sounds like a warranty claim to me for lack of adhesion of the paint system !

Dianaasked

GF-V708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

Hi I am looking at buying this fridge. Can anyone tell me how wide will the French need to be opened? I have a stone bench on the left side which will require the door to be 90 degrees.

Jane Clancy
Jane Clancy

If you can only open the door to 90 degrees you won't be able to slide out the crisper. The door needs to be fully open for that. From the back of the fridge to the door seal is 610mm so if your benches are only that deep you could have the fridge door part in front of the bench width and you'd be able to open the door fully if you get what I mean. The closed fridge is 912 wide but if it sits forward from the cavity that's all you need to be able to open the doors

Diana

Thanks, I don’t have a fridge cavity but I have a stone bench on the left side and nothing to encumber it on the right side (except a walk in pantry)

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG GF-L708PL

LG GF-L708PL

3.1
LG GF-V708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

LG GF-V708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

4.5
LG GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

LG GF-V708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

LG GF-D708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

LG GF-D708BSL (Black Stainless Steel)

3.0
LG GF-D708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

LG GF-D708MBSL (Matte Black Stainless Steel)

CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $3,899$4,799$4,599$4,099$4,299
Dimensions 1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm1802 x 912 x 759 mm
Energy Rating2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water DispenserDoor Alarm , Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Hatch Door, Ice Dispenser and Water Dispenser
Colour / Finish Brushed SteelMatte Black Stainless SteelBlack Stainless SteelBlack Stainless SteelMatte Black Stainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYesYesYesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 22222
Weight142 kg155 kg155 kg150 kg150 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity