See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Small but mighty.

Bought this microwave oven for my mum to replace the old one. It is sleek, classy and heats food quickly and evenly. I would have preferred one in black for maximum sleekness.
The touch controls are easy to use and very responsive.
I like that this microwave over only microwaves, and that 1 touch of the button takes care of all my microwave needs. Simple and effective.
The only downside to this product is that, because it is so light, opening and closing the door sometimes moves the whole oven. Mild inconvenience. I would have rated 4.5/5.

Purchased in March 2019 at Billy Guyatts for $181.45.

Does not work well.

Bought this microwave 6 months ago to replace an ageing Omega (approx 10 years old) that had been loosing the ability to heat food gradually over the previous few months.
All I can say is that a 10 year old Omega microwave performed better than a brand new LG microwave with “Smart Inverter Magnatron”.
My wife and I both have been using the microwave to heat Lite’n’Easy meals and often have to increase heating times by up to 60% or more to actually get food to be hot. As an example the meal I heated tonight had a suggested cooking time of 8 minutes. Knowing the microwave is ineffective I set the timer for 11 minutes after which time I then had to heat it a further 3 minutes before it was suitably hot. I am not over exaggerating and nor is my mouth heat proof. I once tried heating a similar meal of roast chicken the recommended time and the piece of chicken was literally still frozen.
I am well aware that power outputs of microwaves vary (this model is 1000w) and this can effect heating times however this appliance seriously underperforms.
I’ve owned several LG appliances in the past (TV, washing machine, dishwasher) and all these performed very well and influenced my decision to buy the LG product again. I regret purchasing this product and strongly suggest to anyone considering this product that you look elsewhere.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Noise Level

Best microwave I have ever owned!

Best microwave I have ever owned! User friendly push the button and go! previous microwaves had information overload and I was often confused and frustrated but no longer with LG NeoChef one push of a button & my life is now easy and stress free, also the black looks very stylish.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Good looking excellent microwave

Perfect microwave for small jobs.
It's compact and the build quality is amazing.
it also looks really slick and modern.

we initially purchased it for baby food and bottles etc but have been using it for ourselves for a while now too.

Heating food is quick and efficient.
The defrost function is simply amazing, defrosting steak, it comes out nice and red, not already cooked on the outside.

The only downside it has is that the tune for when it finishes cannot be turned of or turned down even. it's quite a hectic song it sings!

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $135.00.

An absolute gem - thanks LG

Very well thought out design. Intelligent access to the most common uses are touch on the front door but very sophisticated controls behind if wanted. Nice uncluttered smooth front very easy to keep clean. Great power to volume ratio.
Inverter heats evenly and accurately every time.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $230.00.

Suave looking microwave

This microwave looks great in our recently renovated kitchen. The black, sleek look of the front of the microwave adds class to our kitchen now. Love how the handle is integrated into the door. Our last microwave, the handle broke. I like this feature of this particular microwave and one of the main reason why I chose this microwave. Not to mention that it's easy to use

Purchased in May 2019.

Love this microwave!

I love the sleek minimal black design and the fact that it isn't covered in buttons. It's super fast in heating up food and plays a nice little jingle at the end which reminds me of Super Mario.

The food heats evenly and the interior is easy to clean. The door opens and closes really smoothly too which I appreciate because my parents have one that moves when you pull the door open.

One other thing I noticed is that it doesn't have a display showing all the time, it goes away, so you're just left with a dark black panel, no ugly LCD clock staring at you. It's very quiet which is important considering the kitchen is near the living room.

Can't think of any downsides so far. I'm really happy with this microwave and would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $156.00.

Noise Level

Got all the features we need. Love it

Purchased an Year ago and really happy with this so far. The build quality on this microwave is better than average. It makes nice tones compared to traditional microwaves which is cool too.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $229.00.

Noise Level

First one lasted 2 months then F3 code, replaced and now the 2nd wont work F3 code :(

Loved it when it worked. First one was replaced within 2 months, was making an annoying whirring sound from new then F3 code and could not use keypad. 2nd lasted about 5 months then F3 code and cannot use keypad. Have been told it could be fluctuations in power? Bought surge protector, use on ,microwave socket worked for a day then F3 code. Cannot use anywhere in the house. Have no issues with any other appliance in my house and have many. House had just been inspected for electric/faults and NO ISSUE! Could not get microwave replaced, was told it is my issue. Bought a cheap Panasonic, hate it but it works. NOT HAPPY JAN!

Purchased in November 2018 at Betta Home Living for $250.00.

Happy with the product

Have tried re-heating and de-frosting only. Works well. No complaints yet. Bought the black one which looks great too. Very easy to use with minimal buttons and easy to clean. Happy with the product so far.

Purchased in November 2018 for $189.00.

Great size and quick reheat

Really good one, nice design with perfect size for my kitchen. Glass and inside easy to clean. heating and defrost real quick and keep the ingredients fresh as much as I want.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $195.00.

Noise Level

Dubious to start but now I love it.

Bought it because of the easy cleaning outside and inside. No nasty corners to collect grime. Nearly sold it to buy an easier one to use but stuck with it and now love it. Takes a bit of getting used to. I put it in the pantry but it was too hard to see the panel. Canstar gave it a 5 star rating so it must be good. The "end" tune is a bit annoying but like the reminder that you get for 5 minutes.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

I love it!

Thanks to the good reviews here, I bought myself an LG Neochef. Excellent value for the price. It is stylish, easy to use and VERY easy to clean! The function keys and settings are super easy to use; very self explanatory if you decide not to read the manual. The auto cook functions are handy. I love that everything is flat and there are no crevices or knobs to get food and grime stuck in. This microwave stays clean. The stainless steel is surprisingly not too streaky when wiped down. When your food is done it plays the cutest jingle tone - reminds me of Japan! So far the food has heated evenly. We were easily able to register our product on the LG website too. We are very happy with our microwave.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Makes a horrible noise and struggles to heat

The ridiculous sing song that never ends when the “heating” ends is as pleasant as gastro on a hot summers day when the plumbing has gone. It really struggles to heat anything in a timely fashion. Any recommendation for a 1000w microwave you need to add 50% extra time and then pray to whatever deity suits and hope something happens but then heat again. Honestly took 5 minutes to heat a cup of milk from room temperature. Other microwaves of similar strength have it boiling over at 1.20. It would have been more efficient for me to put it in the sun.
When it has finished “heating” it takes another 10 minutes to cool running the noisy fan. Massive buyers regret on this one. I would be happier with the old 1980’s clunker. Sadly it was the only one that fit our kitchen, so rather than get a new one of these I think I will remodel the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Really good machine

I have had this microwave oven for a few months and it is really good. Cooks well, reheats well and quickly and does everything you would want from a microwave oven. Very simple and easy to use, the display is easy to read and everything is easy to wipe clean. My favourite thing about this microwave is the happy little tune it plays when it's finished the job....always makes me smile for some reason . I can't think of anything I don't like about the LG, it's well built, solid, spacious, doors are good, the lighting perhaps could be better but that is only a minor concern. All in all I would happily recommend this oven... it functions well and it is very good looking, good combination.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

LOVE IT!

I really like this microwave. It cooks fast and even, has been trouble free and the extra settings for not burning popcorn, softening ice cream and butter and express defrost are great.My Wife and I are very happy with this product. Lots of room on the inside to cook most anything you might need to.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Well worth trying.

This is a powerful and versatile microwave. It gives up some size compared with some giant models, but it's as powerful as a microwave as I've ever used. That power may be responsible for the rather loud sound (it's the first consumer microwave I've used in ages not mounted over a range which may account for some of that perceived loudness). Regardless, this is a very loud microwave

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Quiet and powerful microwave

This microwave is perfect! It isn't too loud and cooks the microwaveable food to perfection. My wife and i especially like the sleek exterior which fits our modern kitchen well. The inside disk rotates well and all sides of the food being prepared get cooked evenly. I have also used it to defrost frozen food as well and it did a good job. It seems to be an electricity saver as well compared to our old microwave which guzzled it up. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent microwave

I love this microwave. We only ever use the +30 second functionality on microwaves and I love how there are only 3 buttons on the face of the microwave making it really easy to clean (all other normal functions are included when you open the door). Also, the LED light illuminating the interior is so bright you can actually see what's going on when the microwave is in use.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

So much more than a microwave

When taking this mircrowsve out of the box we found out it dose a lot more than microwaving and can cook, steam and do all kinds of cool things. It's made life very easy and has saved us a load on gas bills by only using this to assist in cooking most meals like cooking meats, fish and chips

Date PurchasedAug 2017