LG NeoChef MS2596

4.1

Sonson

Sonson

Don’t waste your money

This microwave works well and cooks evenly but within 12 months the inside rusts and LG will not cover under warranty stating it’s due to poor maintenance despite my last Sharp microwave lasting 20 years without any problems and we have always been careful to dry the microwave after use. I have been using microwaves in the kitchen for nearly 40 years but never had one that rusted like this.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

Mooey

Mooey

Great but it leaks!

I loved this microwave, it's got style and swagger but mine is a leaky beast. I don't know why but on occasion it leaks fluid out the back and I cannot find where it's coming from. The interior isn't steamed up when it happens, I haven't overloaded it or cooked/defrosted anything requiring full on mega power, it has plenty of space around it and is the only thing sitting on this part of the bench. I can't for the life of me work out what's happening and haven't experienced this with a microwave before. I would have attempted taking it back to the store but I live 2 hours from town so it's not a quick trip. Have just put up with it but wish I could figure out why it does this.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$218.00.

Steve RSydney, NSW

Looks great, but a wet disappointment

My machine is just over 12 months old so I have experience.

Negative feedback - Doesn’t ventilate properly leaving oven walls wet (e.g baked potato). Had other brand ovens before in same location and never had this problem. Plus it has an annoying tune that comes on randomly during a cycle.

Positive feedback - Looks great and functions are useful (eg baked potato). Reminder tunes when cycle are over remind you to get your items out - annoying you until you do it.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Steve R

Can your products team come back to me and tell me why the machine does the random tune coming on during the cycle and what it's steaming up? I recall seeing people talking about the the random tune.

Find out how LG NeoChef MS2596 compares to other Microwaves

So happy with brand new microwave..cannot fault it

I love this microwave. Firstly so much quieter than my old one. Bright internal light. Very cheery little tune instead of incessant beeping. Great programs. Love the melt, soften and prove functions. Keen to try the prove for my next batch of home made bread. Looks fantastic. Nice and small but still suitable for family of four. Extremely happy with purchase.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$225.00.

Short lifespan

I purchased this oven on their advertised 2 year warranty and "antibacterial coating, even defrosting, stable turntable, and bright internal lighting." I only use it for reheating food and did not notice any difference between this and the el cheapo it replaced, which lasted 10 years. They both behaved as microwaves and heated foods quickly and somewhat unevenly. Sadly, the LG died in a puff of smoke a few months out of warranty. However, LG agreed to repair the item so be sure to check with customer service if you have the same experience.

Purchased in August 2017 for A$200.00.

Mick

Thanks Alicia. I was pleased with LG's overall response.

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Minimal design and powerful

I purchased this for its design. There is no handle and looks beautiful. Kitchen is a place where we ended up having too many of small things if we are not careful. This microwave has a very quiet design. The microwave will not become noise in your sight. Because there's no handle, it's so easy to wipe the door too.
Highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$250.00.

Samantha S.

Samantha S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So happy

I purchased this microwave as it had good reviews, and it was the best looking. It’s impressed me with how good it looks, and how clean it stays, and easy to clean inside.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$280.00.

Anthea P.

Anthea P.Perth, WA

Worth it for the jingle alone!

I could not be happier with this microwave. It was a worthy winner of the Choice award for Microwave of the Year. Its speed, ease of use, even-ness of heating and functionality (being able to even use for yoghurt / bread proofing) are unbeatable. And sometimes I put a cup of water in it for no reason other than to listen to the catchy jingle it plays at finish! Far better than my previous Miele micro, so glad I purchased.

Purchased in March 2020 at Winning Appliances for A$229.00.

Ann I.

Ann I.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sincerely disappointing... Worst microwave I've ever had.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online for A$208.00.

Squirrel

Squirrel

Does the job and looks great

Purchased in January 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$159.00.

gymy777

gymy777Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works a treat!

Great little microwave that fits well under my kitchen bench! Very easy to use and reheats food up really well! No fuss to wipe over and clean with the glass turntable very easy to come out of oven.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Courtney R

Courtney RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Microwave kept setting on fire even after it was 'repaired'

This microwave was amazing - great look, sings when the food is ready and fits into our kitchen spot perfectly. HOWEVER, out of nowhere this microwave caught on fire. Took it back to good guys and got it 'repaired'. Less than a week after getting microwave back from the repairer (Magnatron was deemed to be the issue) it caught on fire again. We have since returned to Good Guys and received a refund but extremely unhappy as I really liked this microwave.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Tone

ToneSydney

A good solid choice

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$269.00.

Stylish, compact, light - but died after 2.5 years

Purchased in September 2017 for A$230.00.

Roxanne B.

Roxanne B.Hunter Region, NSW

Looks great, however, glass door shattered before using it. Very dangerous!

I bumped the top of the glass door with my hand and the outer edge of the glass door on all sides exploded on to the kitchen floor leaving shards of glass & sharp edges on all sides of the door. The rest of the glass cracked extensively. I have been Food Tech teacher for 13 years & I have never seen anything like it. I cut my foot and if a child was in front of the microwave when this happened it would have been disastrous. I will take it back to the Good Guys tomorrow and ask them to contact the ACCC to see if a product recall needs to be in place.

• +2

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$188.00.

I love it

At the moment its still new so it heats food up quickly even within a minute I was amazed as I thought LG I was a bit hesitant when buying it. But it has so many features and for busy bees you can download an app to turn it on and heat your food just before you get home all from your phone. Surface in and out is easy to clean better then previous microwave's I've come across and its roomy too. Not noisy and I even got it at a good price too.

Excellent customer service The good guys mile end SA store . Staff member was honest and told us which was the best for the price range we were looking at and she new the products and features to items very well too.

The staff at the front where you pay were also great all gave service with a smile.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Thehonestreviewer

You're welcome Alicia and thank you for the reply

Flimsy Glass Door Shattered

We have owned this microwave for less than one year when a small bottle of vanilla essence fell on the top corner. The whole glass door shattered into pieces and apparently not covered by warranty. Do not recommend this product.

Sandeep S

Sandeep SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great size microwave

I bought the smallest microwave I could fine to have in our galley space. Despite its size, the microwave surprisingly is able to fit larger items with ease. We only use our microwave for reheating food and nothing else so it fits our purpose.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$169.00.

Evs

EvsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great so far

We've been using our microwave for a few months now and finding it easy to use,
it has energy saving features. Its compact design doesn't prevent it from doing a good job. Can fit a large dinner plate and can evenly heat a big variety of dishes.
Defrost function took a little time to get the hang of, but good after some practice

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$149.00.

Daniel P.

Daniel P.Hunter Region, NSW

Good. Needs some work on the design

Functionally quite sound. Heats food efficiently and evenly with minimal noise.
The ease of use could be improved. Can be a little frustrating attempting to access the lesser used functions under the door.
A very good choice.