LG NeoChef MS2596OB (Black)

LG NeoChef MS2596OB (Black)

MPNs: 36459884 and MS2596OB

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now

Wanted to love it, but it’s not a good unit

We’ve been plagued with nothing but problems on this microwave, I wanted to use it fully. Within in the first couple of months the turn table glass chipped significantly, got that replaced, sent it back for repairs after it sparked, so fault could be found, but it continues to spark randomly, the convection smokes to the point it can’t be used and I’m concerned that it will catch on fire. The glass turntable has chipped again! All this is good for is heating food, we paid a lot of money for a system that can only reheat!

It’s a shame as I loved the idea of this microwave. Not happy Jan!

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman.

BRB2020

BRB2020Southwest, VIC

Glass door exploded

Purchased in November 2020 for A$199.00.

Sonson

Sonson

Don’t waste your money

This microwave works well and cooks evenly but within 12 months the inside rusts and LG will not cover under warranty stating it’s due to poor maintenance despite my last Sharp microwave lasting 20 years without any problems and we have always been careful to dry the microwave after use. I have been using microwaves in the kitchen for nearly 40 years but never had one that rusted like this.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

Mooey

Mooey

Great but it leaks!

I loved this microwave, it's got style and swagger but mine is a leaky beast. I don't know why but on occasion it leaks fluid out the back and I cannot find where it's coming from. The interior isn't steamed up when it happens, I haven't overloaded it or cooked/defrosted anything requiring full on mega power, it has plenty of space around it and is the only thing sitting on this part of the bench. I can't for the life of me work out what's happening and haven't experienced this with a microwave before. I would have attempted taking it back to the store but I live 2 hours from town so it's not a quick trip. Have just put up with it but wish I could figure out why it does this.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$218.00.

Short lifespan

I purchased this oven on their advertised 2 year warranty and "antibacterial coating, even defrosting, stable turntable, and bright internal lighting." I only use it for reheating food and did not notice any difference between this and the el cheapo it replaced, which lasted 10 years. They both behaved as microwaves and heated foods quickly and somewhat unevenly. Sadly, the LG died in a puff of smoke a few months out of warranty. However, LG agreed to repair the item so be sure to check with customer service if you have the same experience.

Purchased in August 2017 for A$200.00.

Mick

Thanks Alicia. I was pleased with LG's overall response.

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Minimal design and powerful

I purchased this for its design. There is no handle and looks beautiful. Kitchen is a place where we ended up having too many of small things if we are not careful. This microwave has a very quiet design. The microwave will not become noise in your sight. Because there's no handle, it's so easy to wipe the door too.
Highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$250.00.

Samantha S.

Samantha S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So happy

I purchased this microwave as it had good reviews, and it was the best looking. It’s impressed me with how good it looks, and how clean it stays, and easy to clean inside.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$280.00.

Courtney R

Courtney RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Microwave kept setting on fire even after it was 'repaired'

This microwave was amazing - great look, sings when the food is ready and fits into our kitchen spot perfectly. HOWEVER, out of nowhere this microwave caught on fire. Took it back to good guys and got it 'repaired'. Less than a week after getting microwave back from the repairer (Magnatron was deemed to be the issue) it caught on fire again. We have since returned to Good Guys and received a refund but extremely unhappy as I really liked this microwave.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Stylish, compact, light - but died after 2.5 years

Purchased in September 2017 for A$230.00.

Roxanne B.

Roxanne B.Hunter Region, NSW

Looks great, however, glass door shattered before using it. Very dangerous!

I bumped the top of the glass door with my hand and the outer edge of the glass door on all sides exploded on to the kitchen floor leaving shards of glass & sharp edges on all sides of the door. The rest of the glass cracked extensively. I have been Food Tech teacher for 13 years & I have never seen anything like it. I cut my foot and if a child was in front of the microwave when this happened it would have been disastrous. I will take it back to the Good Guys tomorrow and ask them to contact the ACCC to see if a product recall needs to be in place.

• +2

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$188.00.

Thehonestreviewer

Thehonestreviewer

I love it

At the moment its still new so it heats food up quickly even within a minute I was amazed as I thought LG I was a bit hesitant when buying it. But it has so many features and for busy bees you can download an app to turn it on and heat your food just before you get home all from your phone. Surface in and out is easy to clean better then previous microwave's I've come across and its roomy too. Not noisy and I even got it at a good price too.

Excellent customer service The good guys mile end SA store . Staff member was honest and told us which was the best for the price range we were looking at and she new the products and features to items very well too.

The staff at the front where you pay were also great all gave service with a smile.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

LG A.LG

You're welcome Alicia and thank you for the reply

Flimsy Glass Door Shattered

We have owned this microwave for less than one year when a small bottle of vanilla essence fell on the top corner. The whole glass door shattered into pieces and apparently not covered by warranty. Do not recommend this product.

Sandeep S

Sandeep SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great size microwave

I bought the smallest microwave I could fine to have in our galley space. Despite its size, the microwave surprisingly is able to fit larger items with ease. We only use our microwave for reheating food and nothing else so it fits our purpose.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$169.00.

Evs

EvsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great so far

We've been using our microwave for a few months now and finding it easy to use,
it has energy saving features. Its compact design doesn't prevent it from doing a good job. Can fit a large dinner plate and can evenly heat a big variety of dishes.
Defrost function took a little time to get the hang of, but good after some practice

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$149.00.

Daniel P.

Daniel P.Hunter Region, NSW

Good. Needs some work on the design

Functionally quite sound. Heats food efficiently and evenly with minimal noise.
The ease of use could be improved. Can be a little frustrating attempting to access the lesser used functions under the door.
A very good choice.

MsTiff

MsTiffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nice and simple

Food tastes great. Easy to use. Not that many functions, but I'm not too fussed. Love the cute tone when it's done microwaving. Food is heated evenly. The hexagonal turntable is very stable and better than the circle ones I used to have.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$150.00.

Review

Review

Great product

Heats quite well and evenly, easy to use the features though can be annoying to need to open the door to access some of the less used controls, good small size, it also looks stylish.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$192.00.

mkrd

mkrdPerth, WA

No timer option. Hard to read programs as behind the door, stupid chiming during cooking.

No timer function. Have to turn off at the gpo to set time after power outage. Door needs to be open to set program. Poorly designed electronics. It also chimes during the cooking,
why?? Try cooking porrige early morning without waking the whole house! Bought based on choice magazine. Rubbish microwave compared to sharp carousel.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

John

JohnSydney, nsw

Best microwave I have ever owned!

Best microwave I have ever owned! User friendly push the button and go! previous microwaves had information overload and I was often confused and frustrated but no longer with LG NeoChef one push of a button & my life is now easy and stress free, also the black looks very stylish.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

SieFou

SieFou

Good looking excellent microwave

Perfect microwave for small jobs.
It's compact and the build quality is amazing.
it also looks really slick and modern.

we initially purchased it for baby food and bottles etc but have been using it for ourselves for a while now too.

Heating food is quick and efficient.
The defrost function is simply amazing, defrosting steak, it comes out nice and red, not already cooked on the outside.

The only downside it has is that the tune for when it finishes cannot be turned of or turned down even. it's quite a hectic song it sings!

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$135.00.