LG NeoChef MS2596OS (Stainless Steel)

LG NeoChef MS2596OS (Stainless Steel)

MPNs: 36461616 and MS2596OS

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now

4.4

John Citizen

John CitizenSydney, NSW

Crap product does not heat up or defrost

We bought this product from Appliances Online last month (November 2020) and it started showing faults from middle of December. The issues we had are a) the microwave does not heat the food evenly. Some parts of the food will be cold and other parts quite hot b) Does not defrost and parts of food are still cold.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for A$269.00.

Steve RSydney, NSW

Looks great, but a wet disappointment

My machine is just over 12 months old so I have experience.

Negative feedback - Doesn’t ventilate properly leaving oven walls wet (e.g baked potato). Had other brand ovens before in same location and never had this problem. Plus it has an annoying tune that comes on randomly during a cycle.

Positive feedback - Looks great and functions are useful (eg baked potato). Reminder tunes when cycle are over remind you to get your items out - annoying you until you do it.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Steve R

Can your products team come back to me and tell me why the machine does the random tune coming on during the cycle and what it's steaming up? I recall seeing people talking about the the random tune.

So happy with brand new microwave..cannot fault it

I love this microwave. Firstly so much quieter than my old one. Bright internal light. Very cheery little tune instead of incessant beeping. Great programs. Love the melt, soften and prove functions. Keen to try the prove for my next batch of home made bread. Looks fantastic. Nice and small but still suitable for family of four. Extremely happy with purchase.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$225.00.

gymy777

gymy777Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works a treat!

Great little microwave that fits well under my kitchen bench! Very easy to use and reheats food up really well! No fuss to wipe over and clean with the glass turntable very easy to come out of oven.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Tone

ToneSydney

A good solid choice

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$269.00.

FedUp

FedUpGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An absolute gem - thanks LG

Very well thought out design. Intelligent access to the most common uses are touch on the front door but very sophisticated controls behind if wanted. Nice uncluttered smooth front very easy to keep clean. Great power to volume ratio.
Inverter heats evenly and accurately every time.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for A$230.00.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

I love it!

Purchased in November 2018 at Bing Lee Online store for A$159.20.

RootingKing

RootingKingOakden

Makes a horrible noise and struggles to heat

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Toby P McKerihan88

Toby P McKerihan88PORT HUON

Really good machine

I have had this microwave oven for a few months and it is really good. Cooks well, reheats well and quickly and does everything you would want from a microwave oven. Very simple and easy to use, the display is easy to read and everything is easy to wipe clean. My favourite thing about this microwave is the happy little tune it plays when it's finished the job....always makes me smile for some reason . I can't think of anything I don't like about the LG, it's well built, solid, spacious, doors are good, the lighting perhaps could be better but that is only a minor concern. All in all I would happily recommend this oven... it functions well and it is very good looking, good combination.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Connor A Mowle

Connor A MowleKARAKIN

Well worth trying.

This is a powerful and versatile microwave. It gives up some size compared with some giant models, but it's as powerful as a microwave as I've ever used. That power may be responsible for the rather loud sound (it's the first consumer microwave I've used in ages not mounted over a range which may account for some of that perceived loudness). Regardless, this is a very loud microwave

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Zoe	Hudson

Zoe HudsonHighland Valley

Quiet and powerful microwave

This microwave is perfect! It isn't too loud and cooks the microwaveable food to perfection. My wife and i especially like the sleek exterior which fits our modern kitchen well. The inside disk rotates well and all sides of the food being prepared get cooked evenly. I have also used it to defrost frozen food as well and it did a good job. It seems to be an electricity saver as well compared to our old microwave which guzzled it up. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
James

JamesKaroonda

So much more than a microwave

When taking this mircrowsve out of the box we found out it dose a lot more than microwaving and can cook, steam and do all kinds of cool things. It's made life very easy and has saved us a load on gas bills by only using this to assist in cooking most meals like cooking meats, fish and chips

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Frank

FrankLangwarrin

best

we purchased our microwave from the Good Guy's it is a brilliant machine to cook in and the stainless steel comes up better than that of our LG refridgerater . it is easy to use and blends in with rest of our kitchen we could not do without this appliance

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Josh C

Josh C

Superb!

Was trying to pick 2 top of range microwaves ($300+) - LG vs Panasonic, to replace a 10 year old one. Glad I picked the former. The technology and ease of use is way better! Some features that I like - LED, 30-sec start button, dial, inverter cooking. Heating was even and All came up perfect!

John

JohnBrisbane

Good microwave

Although slightly pricy, this microwave looks great aesthetically. My only regret is that I should have bought the larger one, as I bought it online I did not have a good feel of what size and volume a 25L microwave would be. No fault of the company though, it works well and looks great. I would recommend getting it, but the larger model.

Effie

EffieBrisbane

morden design

The design is quite modern and unique, love the way you can slide adjust the time from the touch screen front panel. Also it's quite spacious for the chamber but compact enough to fit in my cabinet. High power to ensure food is cooked / reheat quickly. Also love the music when the food is ready.

Emily

EmilyAU

Small, Fast and Looks Good

Very happy with this purchase. We were after a small microwave that didn't take forever to heat. This was pretty much our only option. Heats evenly and fast. Has a good defrost function. Settings easy to use once you discover the menu inside the door panel LOL! Oh but be warned, this microwave does not beep when heated, it plays a tune.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dancer

Dancer

great microwave

Very happy with the cooking results
the settings are very easy to read and understand I love the defrost section and sensor reheat
the microwave is not over loud
The microwave is very sturdy and well-built I wipe it the front with a blue glass cleaning cloth takes all marks off

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jeynie

JeynieHurstville

I wanted to call in and say how wonderful my experience during your sale. Everyone was amazing. The sales associate, approached me with enthusiasm to help us with an oven. We ended up buying the first one she showed us! He helped us with appliances, which we did not intend to buy yet but we did! We’re so pleased how they worked together. They went over all the details and was very kind also! Thank you!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Stan37

Stan37Byron Bay

Perfect

This oven is a great size and so simple to use and keep clean. The front is stylish and the easy start in 30 second increments is all I need to use. If I had to complain it would be the annoying ring tone when it finishes, but this seems to be the norm with many appliances.

Date PurchasedJun 2017