LG NeoChef MS4296OWS (White)

LG NeoChef MS4296OWS (White)

MPN: MS4296OWS

Installation issue

My general impression of the product agrees with most of the positive reviews I have read, so I won't repeat those impressions. However I would like to draw attention to an issue that does not appear to be addressed in the owner's manual.
Pages 8 and 9 of the manual deal with setting up the microwave, culminating in a simple test of heating up 300ml of water for 30sec. If this works you are told that now all is OK. In my case the water heated but the turntable did not move as I expected based on my how my old microwave worked. As the manual did not mention anything about turntable rotation I thought perhaps on this new higher tech machine rotation depended on what settings were in place, and that rotation would occur on longer times and/or lower power settings. But whatever settings I tried, there was no rotation. I concluded the oven was faulty and contacted LG customer care (available 7 days a week - excellent). The helpful consultant agreed there was something wrong and told me where I could take the oven for repair but also advised that I could try for a replacement at place of purchase.
JB HI-FI were excellent and replaced the microwave with no hesitation, despite my having already destroyed all the packaging. The new machine appears to work correctly, with turntable always rotating when heating is in progress.

Should anyone from LG happen to read this, may I suggest that the first two sentences of step 7 of the "Unpacking & Installing" section of the manual should read:
The DISPLAY will count down from 30 seconds while the tray rotates.
When the display reaches 0 it will chime briefly.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Excellent quality - heats things FAST

Excellent quality - heats things FAST! Sometimes we have to reduce microwave time shorter than heating instructions because this microwave is so powerful. Also looks really nice and is easy to use. The one odd thing (could be viewed as good or bad) is that the time display does not stay on. After a period of time the display turns off and you have to hit a button to get it to turn on. This is only a downside for us because it's the only clock in the kitchen, but it's not a big deal and doesn't take away from the quality for us.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love it!!! Great investment!

Highly satisfied with the cooking results. At last change from sharp to LG. Setting and features easy to use. Love the sound when its ready. Sturdy and well built. Fit the avent steriliser, fit my square plate well. I can add multiple dish at the same time and all heat evenly. Space efficient for my family. Love everything about it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Awesome Microwave

The Good:
- Heats items quick
- Heats evenly
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Multiple heating/cooking/defrosting settings with handy key inside door
- Touch functions responsive
- Large rotating dish plate

The Bad:
- Nothing!

The Lowdown:
This microwave is excellent and to date has heated everything evenly and quickly. The inside is large and can hold our largest dish was ease. The touch controls are all easy to use and the addition of the external quick touch is convenient. Cannot fault this microwave and highly recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Innovation and Design

This microwave leaves many others behind when it comes to innovation and design. Easy to use and is quieter than the Panasonic Inverter. Much more energy efficient on standby mode than the Sharp. Uses LED lighting which is bright and energy efficient. Does not have an annoying fan to cool down the inverter after cooking like the Panasonic microwaves. Cooks evenly and quickly (much better than the flatbed panasonic inverter). Easy to clean. Efficient use of space - it is a 42L microwave but is about the same size as my previous 32L Panasonic on the outside. My only gripe is that sometimes the internal walls clog up with moisture so it needs a rub down every now and then.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Does the job, but .....

Does the job but I am somewhat annoyed with the this LG because it doesn't have a timer. We use the timer all the time. And to change the clock time by pulling the microwave out of the cavity and flick the power point switch :( LG, what were you thinking??

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good microwave

Works well. I just use the basic functions such as reheat, heat and defrost. No complaints other than you can see the fingerprints on glass door but it is easy to clean. Has a nice melody once cooking has finished. Bought on special at JB Hi fi with extended warranty.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Super cooking robot

I bought it last year i must say it's one of most wonderful product it's make my cooking easy I also make cake and pizza ,bread pizza at home my kids always feel happy . happy to buy this I suggest to everyone to buy LG product is good I m

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best Microwave

This device Looks great, clean and sleek And has been a joy to use. 42 lts is a nice size.

Easy to open and close. Feels solid.
Setting cook time/modes is fast and easy for me.

Like the Inverter Defrost and Sensor Cook functions, they work so well. Food is never overcooked or ruined.
We like the Cute tune when completes.
Very easy to use. I use it everyday and it softens the butter and ice creams so welll. I’m really happy with microwave.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Modern microwave

After reading many reviews on this model i decided to go with this. Very spacious inside and heats food up evenly.

Receive great compliments from family and friends on the modern design.

Can leave finger print marks due to the glass front. Great control inside the door with plenty of options.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great Microwave.

This device has been a joy to use.

LG 42L Smart Inverter Microwave Oven - MS4296OWS - NeoChef
Another item I purchased after reading many positive reviews here!

Looks great, clean and sleek.
Nice size. Good space for food/dishes (not cramped)
Easy to open and close, door is responsive. Feels solid.
Setting cook time/modes is fast and easy for me.

Not too loud, never distracts me. Cute tune when completes.
Nothing has been confusing, manual is clear.

Device is well set out and labelled. An older person I care for had no issues heating up food.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

it's good and easy use

yes , it's acceptable condition as my expected.
yes , it's same as other product, actually i didn't read it, and just start use
normal , it's acceptable noise, but i hope it can be more quiet
yes , but i hope it can be lighter

Very modern microwave

After scouting for a good microwave I settled for this beauty.

Very large inside can fit large bowls. Stylish touchscreen controls. Received many good comments from family and friends.

The whole screen is glass so very easy to clean. Inside has some great auto cooking options from defrosting to warming.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Affordable and does the job

Very much satisfied with the cooking results of the microwave, heats any content in seconds. Most importantly, it preserves the taste of the contents inside. The settings and features are very easy to understand and follow to anyone , also the user manual which comes along with the microwave has everything detailed for any queries.

Microwave does some sound, but antyhing not out of the ordinary. Seems very well-built and sophisticated.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great Microwave

We’ve been going with a Samsung microwave for a few years, but when it died, we found this LG.

Looks great, even with the white backing. Super early to use. Avoids the 0-9 keypad with just + or - for 30sec and 10sec increments which makes sense. Wouldn’t want to be setting it to run for 20min though.
Seems well put together
Love that the time on the front says off after you cook something which in great in a busy house with distractions - you can easily tell if someone’s left something in there.

Guys at JB price matched TGGs sale price which saved me a trip

Another Excellent Product from LG

Having bought this to replace my previous Panasonic micro, this has served since last November with excellent results. Food always cook great, runs crispier, keeps the freshness and tastes good too. Purchase fro Bing Lee with an offer they had and extremely satisfied with the product ever since. Incase if you are looking for a 40L+ bigger capacity tuntable model microwave, I would highly recommend this unit for anyone.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Pricey but worth it

Hefty price for a microwave, tried it on the recommendation of a friend, but definitely worth it.

>Looks very stylish with tinted glass, LED lights and sleek design
>Performs quite well, food is cooked evenly no matter where in the microwave it is placed
>The new inverter technology makes the operation super quiet as opposed to the humming transformer of typical microwaves
>Has good cooking functions that actually help. Easy to use and configure

Absolutely worth it

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Looks and works amazing!!

This was bought recently when it was on special.

Microwave is sleek and modern in design, with easy to clean glass door. Looks totally amazing on the shelf!!

Microwave oven is powerful, and food reheats very quickly.

Love the generous interior, so big dishes fit in beautifully.

Easy to clean too.

Loving it and would recommend it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

lg mircowave

I rent this microwave from Radio Rentals ,the functions on this are so easy to use at the touch of a button reheated meal in 2 minutes. Settings and features are so easy to use I can have frozen vegetables cooked in 5 minute. I recommend this one.5 stars LG

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Very good

Excellent option for those who seek practicality, beauty and modernity. This device is simply amazing, it can adapt to any environment and has very practical functions, as well as being very powerful and heating or defrosting your food in a short time, if you need one great product, it's your product

Date PurchasedMay 2016