Broken down twice in 2 years

We do not recommend LG air conditioners.
We purchased our air conditioner on 31 July 2017. In August 2018 it stopped heating. A repair person attended and fixed it. In January 2019 it stopped cooling. At the time of review (Feb 2019) we are still waiting for LG to repair or replace under the warranty.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $1,250.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Living/Dining Area

back up service

Based on a Choice review, we purchased this wall mounted LG air-con from JB hifi in July 2017. It replaced a Daikin unit that was near 20 years old. 2 weeks after its annual service in Nov 2018, it started to leak water down the inside wall. Various theories as to why this happened have been said by air con technicians. Anyway after 2 visits in Nov 18 by a local air con technician, then 4 visits by an LG approved service technician, the unit continues to leak water despite the condensation tray and fan being replaced with genuine parts. So my next step was to contact LG; they asked that photos of the wall be supplied along with a copy of the receipt and a service report. All information except the LG approved technician service report were emailed. I assumed LG would obtain a copy of the service report from their approved technician - WRONG assumption. After a couple of days I phoned LG to see where my case was up to. LG advised I had to obtain a copy of the service report from the LG approved technician and send this report to LG. And I thought governments were the sole domain of nonsensical processes. Whilst some reviews say this is a good air con unit, it's the 'back up' service/repair by LG that sadly lets this brand down.

great a/c

only had it 1 month very warm havent had cold on yet and very quiet best a/c ever used so far . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Terrible Customer support

Unit purchased in Jan 2018, aircon worked fine during summer. Winter came around and turned on heating.... it didn't work. Called LG who put me on to a service centre who then advised me it is $120 call out fee even if the unti is faulty. If he then has to order a part and come back it will be another $120. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR A CALL IF YOUR UNIT IS FAULTY WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
I will NEVER buy another LG product EVER!@

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Problems out of the box

Had it installed in July 2017 and had problems with inadequate heating straight away. The installer started completing the warranty documentation at the time of installation and lg support insisted that the unit would be ok after a reset. Installer advised that a technician fee of $120 would be payable if he successfully completed a reset. The support gave specific instructions to reset the unit and seemed to function with obvious problems in the rhermostat.... the unit was over warming the room beyond the temp setting and allowing the room to cool too far below the setting.... Qld is a mild winter........ limped through the remainder of winter and unit cooled adequately in summer.... coming up to winter again and the impotent heating has resurfaced.... am suspecting that it is a problem with the thermostat playing havoc with the software

Refreshing

I love my LG reverse AC
So easy to use and setting easy to understand.
From icey cold to its to dam hot in here.
Not noisy at all.
Only negative Is it is a bit high on the electricity bill. But has definitely been worth having in my home.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Best Air conditioner around

The Air conditioner is very quite at times I have to check that it is working, no where near as noisy as the last one. I have also noticed I no longer need the lower temperatures as the unit works very well around the 24 degree mark my last air con sat at around 18 to get the desired comfort

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

faulty switch in motor failed after only 6 months after power outage.

Very happy with the installers and the unit was very quite.
Unfortunately it stopped working after only 6 months during very hot weather after loosing power.
Ours it not the only one this happened to after contacting our supplier he advised it had happened to 3-4 other units in the last week.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

It's working great

Before I had a little research about the Air conditioner and LG is not great anymore so buy Japanese brand.
Anyway, the price was little bit different so I chose LG one. I've used it during Hot summer and really happy with LG one. There is a Jet mode to make a room cooling down quickly and also quiet too.

Recommended it if someone is looking for good air conditioner.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Keeps you cool

It is really great to have this running over the summer really kept the house cold. We also have reverse cooling upstairs but this one is far superior in comparison. It also has an option to blow hot hair incase during the winter if thats what you are looking for.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Thermostat issues on our model

We always have issues with the thermostat not working. Setting temp at 30 degrees during summer and the air is still too cold. We have wifi function also, and the app is not user friendly.

Fairly energy efficient and quiet, but wouldn't recommend due to the above issue with the thermostat

Date PurchasedSep 2016

so cool

i am very happy
because i can spend time with myair in summer
i always use this
when i installed this crew help me to install this
so i could install without any problem
also this is easy to control and start
i like this whole performance
espeacially cool performance

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Loveit

We love our split system. It was the first one we ever purchased and we are most happy with it. We generally don't tend to use the heating as we have since had ducted hearing installed but the air conditioning covers the area we need it to cover quite adequately.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Excellent Value for large areas

We've had this installed and going for the last one week and on the one hot and humid day we had it did an amazing job. The unit cools quickly and the 4 litres of condensation that it drained out in 1.5 hours is testament to the chilling capacity of the compressor and evaporator coils. I ended up watering my plants with that.

The unit is located in the kitchen and dining area which gets chilled within a few minutes of being turned on, and the partitioned living rooms and hallways cool down as well making the whole house comfortable quickly on a hot day. The timer functions are great to use and the temperature controls allow the unit to be used efficiently. The outdoor unit and indoor fan are quiet. The outdoor unit is on the larger size and the indoor unit has a clean look to it.

Overall compared to the top-tier competition, the LG P24AWN-14 is great value delivering amazing performance at a lower purchase price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Completely satisfied

We have a fairly large living room and this unit works great with heating and cooling it. In summers the temperature starts going down in minutes. Can't hear it when it's on, so it is v quiet which is a plus point for me. Best thing is, it is a smart AC and we can control it over WI-FI from anywhere.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great Aircon and can be made smart with a simple module

Got this Aircon in August 16 (last year). I got it from JB HI-FI in an extremely good deal. This a very good & reliable aircon. Cools & heats our big livingroom, kitchen & Theatre. It can be made smart by installing an LG wifi module & can be controlled from anywhere. It has been very reliable so far.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Reliable air conditioner

This unit is easy to use and looks great. It cools well and is very quiet. Had some problems with the associated lg smart application and getting it to sync with the air con but no problems so far with the actual air conditioner. This is replacing a Samsung unit which died prematurely so chose LG unit for its brand reputation.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Fantastic for the area

Easy to use, quiet, multiple settings, wireless dongle to turn on unit via app (not included and cost us $85 but is very useful), reasonable price for unit and install and works a charm. Very good product. I just hope it lasts a long time. Brought from the good guys and they did a awesome job installing it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Warms up the bedroom and front lounge very nicely

We have this unit running in winter and it heats the bedroom and front lounge very well.Very cheap and economical alternative to using gas ducted heating throughout the home.Looking forward to more comfortable sleeping come summer.Also the exterior unit is whisper quite,we haven't had any complaints from the next door neighbours.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

LG split aircon

I'm Ac tech Easy to fit lighter than old LG air-con it replaced.
Quieter operation inside and out
Superb heat fiction can't mention cooling as it bloody winter still........ Comon spring
Mum and dad impressed and there old hahaha
Easy to use they said
Congrats LG you have done great