LG SM86 Series

LG SM86 Series Questions & Answers

55SM8600PTA (55"), 75SM8600PTA (75"), 65SM8600PTA (65")

4 questions from our users

Bones

Bonesasked

75SM8600PTA (75")

Does it have 120hz refresh rate

simon
simon

im pretty sure its either 200 or 400 but you might have to ring lg service tech department to be sure

Craig

Craigasked

75SM8600PTA (75")

Is there any way of getting Dolby Atmos from this TV onto Sounbar?
Just bought new TV today for my wife - early Mum's day gift. We were looking for a big TV and wanted to enhance with a Dolby Atmos compatible soundbar. I am about to fork out $1450 for a Samsung q90r soundbar but when I was checking the audio settings on the tv the menu indicated Atmos not for external speakers. I'll be disappointed if we can't get the full potential out of this TV. Seems like a reasonable TV picture but standard sound whilst being clear, lacks any punch.

Steve Casked

SM86 Series

I was thinking of buying the 75 inch Ultra HD TV but saw a very poor review where the buyer experienced poor blacks with white streaks , ghosting (?) which forded them to get a refund from JBHiFi. But other reviews seemed OK ?. So can you comment please. Thanks, Steve

Chris H
Chris H

Similar issues with my 55” although it doesn’t bother as much as it’s in my sons room. I’d get the Samsung equivalent if purchasing again.

Steve C

Which Samsung model would you recommend ?. I’ve done so much on-line research given the amount of cash needs to pay out nowadays I’m becoming a tad confused !

MTG

I had an issue with LG SM86000 65 inch. After months of efforts, got a refund. Please have a look at my review for details.
If you do not mind the black bleeding, other colors are very good.
I bought a Samsung QLED Q80 65 inch. It works very well. None of the issues like the LG.

Keith

Keithasked

65SM8600PTA (65")

I want to play movies from a usb stick. Can you pls advise:
Usb 2 or 3?
Max size for Usb stick?
Usb stick format Fat32? Or NTFS?
Type of video file? Mp4 or avi or ?
I can’t find any info in the manual.

MTG

Sorry Keith, I have not tried to play movies from a USB. Unfortunately the TV is mounted on the wall so I can not even test it. As an alternative, if you have a Bluray player plugged in, try doing it via that. That's the only thing I can think of. Hope it helps

alphacinator
alphacinator

Don't use USB to play movies. Still got old Panasonic 3D bluray player to record movies on TV channels. Also play 4k/ bluray movies on Panasonic 4K player. Or play movies bought from Google movies and TV shows using inbuilt app on LG TV.

Jeremy
Jeremy

You can play from usb stick or usb drive upto 1Tb. BUT it needs to be formatted by TV first. Then copy files to it with windows. Some osx might mess up the formatting. mp4, mkv is best. avi is ok but is huge for 4k.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives