Lifestyle Clothesline

See the Best Garden Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Lifestyle Clothesline

ShelleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

I waited a month it turned up and was very underwhelming. Why it took a month I will never know.

Shelley

Just went to put my clothesline up and it has 2 of the same side so I cant use it? Frustrated and very disappointed.

Great Clothesline for apartment living

This is the third hills clothesline I have purchased.
The first 2 were for my children and now that we are moving to an apartment as well I knew I needed another for ourselves.
Great service and quick delivery.

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

Thanks for the review Dianne, we really appreciate it and great to hear your Hills clothesline is just what you were after.

Sue
SueHunter Region, NSW

Dreadful After Sales Service

Our top of the line Hills clothesline was installed in 20 minutes during pouring rain. The installer found we had some groundwater but kept going with the installation while complaining about his knees. We have never been able to lock our line into its base as the line sits about 8cm proud of the clip lock. When I looked at the Hills installation instructions I saw that a larger hole should have been dug, a gravel pit installed then concrete. Have contacted Lifestyle on 3 occasions, no help. Look elsewhere.

Paul M
Paul MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delivery time was excellent (a few working days)

Bought a no fuss 12 Line AUSTRAL STANDARD 28 CLOTHESLINE. Self installed. No great problems there. I needed 2400mm given existing timber posts which brought me to the range available online at lifestyle. It has been 5 months now and overall pretty impressed.

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

We really appreciate your review Paul and we love the Australian made Austral clotheslines as well. Nothing like supporting clotheslines made in Australia so thanks again for taking the time to review this item.

Pam
Pam

Don't bother with this mob

Bought a washing line 2 years ago and paid for them to install it. After 2 years of normal usage, it fell apart. They don't want to know. No customer service, just wiped their hands. Now it sits with Fair Trading. Manufacturer, Hills, just as bad.

customer
customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

hills 6 line retracting clothesline

Hills offers lifetime warranty on their retracting clothesline, its written in large letters on the box. My Hills clothesline is breaking apart, lines broken, receiving bracket broke in two pieces, it stopped retracting and when i tried emailing Hills with pics and asked them to honour their lifetime warranty they asked me for receipt, its been more than 4 years, who keeps the receipt for this long. I got an email from [name removed] (ZENDESK AMES Australasia) that basically Hills cant honour their lifetime warranty without receipt even though pics clearly show its hills clothesline. very disappointed, please stay away from hills brand or expect to buy new when something goes wrong.

Jess
JessPenrith

Hills Everyday 6 Retracting Clothesline

Best clothes lines we have bought. We bought one from The Clothesline store first and it was the worst. Worst product and worst customer service. Highly recommend the Hills Everyday 6 Retracting Clothesline from Lifestyle Clothesline

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

Thanks so much for your review Jess!

Obaid
ObaidSydney

Ambiguous delivery timelines

Other Garden Shops

Be prepared to wait, and wait and wait

Greg Dunn
Greg Dunn

Haha. You reply is consistent with the pace of fulfilling the original order.

So I Provide Feedback about incredibly slow service around June 2020 - and then receive a reply apologising 12 months later!! Sounds about right!

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

We have only just got access to the review comment feature here which is why the delay. We were thinking better late than never and glad we could give you a laugh for the day!

Mevans
MevansGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

Purchased Austral retractaway 50 and post as it was Australian made and the best fit for my yard. Great product, easy to order, installer was great. There was a delay in delivery, which wasnt a problem, but would have appreciated being informed of delay and reason instead of having to ring (a couple of times) to find out what the holdup was.

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

Thanks so much for the review.

Installation service

I bought 2 clothesline including installation. 1st the installation guy did not call is one day in advance to organize appointment. 2nd no one discussed with owner how high do they want the clothesline to be installed. ? Do they think we are dwarfs/ midgets. The living household member are at least 185 cms. 3rd no information mentioned that clarify enough about the installation is only for clothesline not included covers . Good point is the lady at call centre is very helpful when I ordered . Also good response between business owner to me on the message .
I actually have to reinstall again coz we cannot walk in the backyard. So sad I wasted my money .

AndrewSmith
AndrewSmithAdelaide

Easy, quick service

Bought an Austral Duo Clothesline. Ordered online, delivered in 2 days. Smooth easy process, with no issues. The clothes line was relatively easy to assemble, though the instructions from Austral were oddly worded.

Kate N.Lifestyle Clothesline

Thanks for your review Andrew and we do try to make the process as simple as possible. Thanks again.

kathleen B.
kathleen B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed and exhausted

2 weeks after ordering, I contacted the company to check the progress. I was told it would be delivered at the end of the week. At the start of the following week, I chased this again to find that it would not be fabricated until the end of the week. I chased this again the next week and after finding that it had now been fabricated, it was going to sit in the factory until the end of the week before dispatch. To be delivered the start of the following week.
It would appear the the 5-20 day "guarantee" on manufacturing time it just a catchy phrase that has no value. Deeply disappointed with the lies and run around I have had to endure.

Ramya
RamyaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dreadful Customer Service

Ordered and paid for product - was informed delivery would be between 2 and 9 days. I organised other work to be done during that time so the tradesman could also install the clothesline. Two weeks later no clotheline. When contacted was told they would ship it the following day!!! When I asked why I had received confirmation it had been dispatched when it hadn't there was no clear answer. They don't appear to care less about customer satisfaction. I will never buy another product from this company.

YNOT
YNOTMelbourne

Great Service.

Very happy with the service, delivery and installation of the Austral Super 4 Clothes Hoist.
The price was competitive and we were kept informed of the process from start to finish, via email and phone.
Thanks.