LivingSocial

Not subscribed yet still getting bombarded

I get bombarded every day by no-reply@telstra.com.au <email@e.livingsocial.com.au> living social emails! Sometimes they send the same email twice. I did NOT subscribed to them, I've tried to unsubscribe, that hasn't worked. I've also tried to block the emails and that doesn't work. All the offers seem too good to be true so I naturally believe they're scams.

Hi Ahlephia, We are so sorry to hear that you have been inundated with emails from email@e.livingsocial.com.au We have sent you a private message will be looking into this as a matter of urgency. Again, we apologise for the entire inconvenience. We look forward to your reply. Kind Regards, Living Social

Terrible

I get bombarded every day by no-reply@telstra.com.au <email@e.livingsocial.com.au> living social emails! Sometimes they send the same email twice. I did NOT subscribed to them, I've tried to unsubscribe, that hasn't worked. I've also tried to block the emails and that doesn't work. All the offers seem as dodgy as hell so they must be running some sort of scam.
<email@e.livingsocial.com.au>

Hi Paul, We are very sorry to hear that you are receiving these newsletters. We have sent you a private message will be looking into this as a matter of urgency. Again, we apologise for the entire inconvenience. We look forward to your reply. Kind Regards, Living Social

Bugs bugsters Melbourne Based pest control

I called a few pest control companies that I found from google, very rude and total waste of time. My friend recommended bugsbusters.com.au to me. I made the online booking from their website from my office. They were very friendly and professional, they told me that the gear that they use is pets and kids friendly which was really important for me as I got kids. They also had police checks to show me because I would not allow anyone to go through my house, it is a big thing for me. I would definitely use them next time.

Customer Service is NonExistent - Fine Print May as well be in a foreign language

Made my first purchase due to advertising on first page stating free shipping on all orders. This turned out to be false advertising as you had to put a code at check out but since the banner was not on the checkout page, had no way to reference it. Tried to find a phone number and just got very uncooperative chat people [names removed]. Kept referencing the fine print and would not refund $3.99 I was charged. I am sure they can afford it at the sake of losing my business and others who have experienced he same sort of unfriendly customer service. I also did not understand that this was not the company I was purchasing the boots from as I wanted to return them and was told read the fine print as they are non-returnable.

Hi Cathy, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the the purchase of your item. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we receive the details, we will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, LivingSocial Customer Support

Skytop Lodge

Do you enjoy paying a whopping $170 for a weekend stay in local and state taxes and service charge fees? Do you squeal in delight at being nickeled and dimed by a resort that charges to tour its grounds, charges for meager on-site activities like cards and movie night? Well Skytop Lodge is the place for you.

Stay away from the breakfast buffet which had human hairs inside the bacon. When I complained I was given the obligatory “sorry, that’s gross.” I will say the grounds are beautiful and the cottages are quaint. However I was disgusted upon leaving with all of the ridiculous charges and pretty peeved at how they make you have to eat only their pricey food ... not a vending machine in sight. This place puts profits over people, that’s clear. Although the property is beautiful, there are limited free activities. Look elsewhere.

Hi Wendy, We hope this quick note finds you well, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with your stay at Skytop Lodge. Please note, this is not the experience we want for our vauled customers, so please allow me an opportunity to look into your query further, in order to investigate this issue. In order to do so, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we receive your response, you will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, Living Social SupportI did not rate Skytop as 5 stars!!!! I gave them 3 stars! I gave the Tap Room 5 stars

Never got back to me. False advertising on deal.

Have been trying to sort this deal out I got for sky diving and unfortunately due to my wife being pregnant we were unable to make it anymore and hoping to get an refund or see if there are other options as she would be unfit to sky dive for obvious reasons. The merchant no longer wants to deal with us as well. Contacted living social and it has taken months and yet no one has got back to us with a satisfactory reply. They insisted maybe we can go later but my wife was pregnant, the merchant does not deal with us and why would we or my family want to risk my life during a sky dive when the relationship has been broken between consumer and merchant. We even just asked for a credit note instead of an refund to be reasonable. We heard nothing back. Also the cost advertised on the deal was incorrect. Merchant website never had that price as advertised as rrp and was permenantly doing similar price to living social.

I forgot to mention that we were more than happy to provide proof from our GP of the pregnancy and also why we were unfit to sky dive. Regardless they have inflated the prices.Hi there, We hope this quick note finds you well, and please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we receive the details, we will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, LivingSocial Customer SupportStill haven’t heard back from them after replying. Should I be contacting Cudo? But the Rep responded after the change over.

All fake misleading to customers

I had very bad experience. I bought a deal through leaving social and it showed the value over $103.46 but it was totally mislead the people.serving was not even enough for one person.the menu prices were totally different from social leaving site. We had to order more food & cost us more than doubled. I was so embarrassed front of my wife when they served us the food.it was totally different quantity than normal serving. I’m going to report to consumer affair.

Hi Sunny, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the the purchase of your handbag.. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we receive the details, we will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, LivingSocial Customer Support

Scams Alert DO NOT BUY online courses from livingsocial, They are Scammers

I purchased online courses from living social last year in December but I couldn't redeem my vouchers till February 18 because they had problems with the representative online academy, so I had to write back and forward to them until I finally could access the courses and after accessing the courses I found out they were not any courses available nor A diploma; they were only a few note pages titled as diplomas in the academy page. I wrote to living social to request a refund and advised that they couldn’t advertise education programs/ courses or diplomas and be delivering scrapbooks after purchasing by the consumers. They had misled advertising and sold items, which didn't exist. It is like they advertised a car and they delivered a picture of the car.

So after too many days they got back to me with a link to their refund policy and said that it was my problem to change my mind to request the refund which I found manipulative and offensive.I wrote again explained their misleading advertisement the way they scam people but they avoided my explanation and changed everything to their own benefit. Not only they get your time, they also insult your intelligence. I wish to write this for the awareness of others who wants to purchase anything from LivingSocial. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Hi Swan, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the redemption of your online course. In order to look into your query, and investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we received the details, we will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, Living Social Support

Unbelievable BAD customer Service with refund process

I bought a high end leather bag in late November which was delivered 5 weeks later. Upon arrival the bag had SIGNIFICANT scuff marks down one side and at both top ends. I immediately emailed Living Social asking for a refund and the address to which I was could return the bag. Living Social responded asking for photos of the bag. I responded straight away with photos and asked again where I was to return the bag. I received another email saying they would have to wait for the sellers response and again no return address was supplied. I reminded Living Social that by Australian law I was entitled to a refund for damaged goods. Response was "Be patient please". This went on for another 2 weeks and in a following "Be patient" email they included the email sent to the supplier which stated I wanted the bag replaced. At NO TIME did I request the bag be replaced. I was not willing to wait another 5 weeks for another bag. Again asked to be patient. Opened a dispute with PayPal and after talking to them escalated to a claim.
Within a few days PayPal had contacted the supplier, agreed I was entitled to a refund and supplied the address to return the bag. I assume Living Social was to notify PayPal when they received the bag. Well that DIDN'T happen. I had tracked my return and 5 days after they received it rang PayPal. They checked the Tracking number and processed a refund within minutes. Living Social repeated delayed the refund process and I will not deal with them again.

Hi Dooks, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the the purchase of your handbag.. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we received the details, you will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, Living Social SupportNo thanks! For nearly 4 weeks your Customer Service have have had the details of my purchase, photos of the damage and numerous emails regarding my complaint and request for a refund..... to no avail. Thanks to PayPal I have received my refund and nothing you can say now will change my view on the appalling Living Social refund process. I have unsubscribed from your site and will not deal with Living Social again.

Extremely BAD customer service

I purchased a 6 bottle box of Cabernet Merlot with free delivery from the LivingSocial site & instead received 6 bottles of Chardonnay. Raised a claim with LivingSocial that I received the wrong goods, & they asked for proof of this. I replied by sending them a photo of the box the wine came in which said Chardonnay, plus a copy of the barcode which would correlate that it was Chardonnay in the box. A few days went by & LivingSocial contact for more proof, like photos of the bottles....can you believe it. I could not believe the gall & the impertinence of the request. When I queried this as being ridiculous as I had already provided proof, they advised they could not proceed to supply a refund.
I replied back that I was not going to dance to their tune as I believe it was a delaying tactic & was not initially requested. I will no longer deal with LivingSocial & will cancel my account. I am totally disgusted with the group.

Hi There, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the redemption of your voucher. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we received the details, you will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, Living Social Support

Awful awful awful

I purchased a voucher for a massage. On arrival at the premises the place had overwhelming smell. I was escorted to the very back of the building which was dark and dingy and workers were sitting on crates eating lunch. I was then shown to a room with paint peeling, holes on the walls and an old table with a thin mattress barely covered by two old towels and a thin sheet. The person giving the massage had to remove the sheet and replace it because it was used (I did not ask for this - I was too stunned to say anything), but they knew already. It was supposed to be a relaxing day spa... I left. I decided to ask for a refund, the front desk person said I needed to contact Living Social for a refund.

I contacted Living Social and after multiple emails and three weeks later no refund. First they offered a $25 credit (half what I paid) and refused a full refund. I then directed them to Australian Consumer Law which states if product not fit for service / purpose, I can receive a refund, regardless of their policy that says only credit (this is unlawful - they cannot only offer a credit). They then offered $49 credit - which is of no use to me because after this experience I do not want anything to do with that company ever again and a credit is of no use. Still waiting.

Hi Stella, Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with the redemption of your voucher. In order to investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting a few details. Once we received the details, you will come back to you with urgency. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Kindest Regards, Living Social SupportThank you for contacting me and your attention to this matter. Thank you for reviewing the situation and providing a refund - I greatly appreciate it.

Terrible

Paid for 2 coupons and only got 1. Numerous attempts at contact...all ignored by living social. Finally contacted my bank and provided them with screen shots. Money the living social tried to steal was refunded... and because I had made a { justified} complaiont about their disgusting practices and refusal to respond, they suspended my account. They didn't have the decency to tell me that of course.

Hi Vista, Please allow us to apologies for the inconvenience caused here, In order to look into your query and investigate further, we have sent you a private message requesting further information. Once received, we will come back to your promptly. Hear from you soon. Kindest Regards LivingSocial Customer Support.Hello, Just saw your latest attempt at dishonesty. You had ample chances, but, t you are you chose to play games { like this response pretending to be interested in a proper resolution}. you have had your chance and now your garbage service will be advertised to anyone who will listen.Hi there, We are very sorry to hear this. We have sent you a private message requesting further details. Can you please respond to our private message? We will then be able to look into this further for you. Thanks in advance. LivingSocial Customer Support.

improving

may have written a review previously, unsure but to clarify they are definately better than Scoopon and have improved. keep up the good job.

Wonderful relaxing day on the Tweed River with the Mount Warning

Truly relaxing and fun filled day with gorgeous scenery, could not believe the price of the deal from Living Social as it was more than worth it. Very efficient company!

Great service! Thanks LivingSocial for your wonderful support!

I had purchased a mobile phone through LivingSocial. Unfortunately it was faulty. LivingSocial staff stayed with me throughout the process of exchanging the phone, and oversaw every step. The phone was replaced without any worries. A special thank you to the reliable and friendly staff member from LivingSocial for making the commitment to ensure that I would be one very satisfied customer.

Efficiency v Nightmares

When trying to use up "my credit", I requested a gift voucher to be paid from "my Living Social credit" (as advertised) only to find the payment was immediately taken from my credit card instead.3 weeks of emails and I am still waiting for a refund on my credit card. You ask for a telephone number, why not use it and solve the problem in a far pleasanter and quicker way .
Note. I have just received notification from Pamela that the money from the voucher has now been credited to "my LS account" and NOT to my Credit Card. Perhaps a phone call could sort this out.
Today in contrast. I lost an order of Personalised Calendars from "my account". One letter and a prompt reply from Madhubani had it sorted in a flash. That is what I really call excellent service.
The deals you have are good. Sadly the service is not always the same.

Hi Jenn, Thankyou for leaving your feedback! We're sorry to hear of the back and forth you've had with your credits, we'll message you shortly to follow up on that one for you. As for your experience with Madhubani, we'll be sure to pass on the feedback! Kind regards, Living Social Support

Good customer service

Have yet to receive my order - however the customer service team dealt with my issue in a timely manner and I was very happy with the outcome.

Hi Mon, Thankyou kindly for taking the time to leave your review. So glad to hear the team have been able to help you make your purchase. We hope you're equally as impressed when your order arrives! Have a great weekend. Kind regards, Living Social Support

Living Social Coupon Codes emailed and then 'not valid' on the same day

I’ve tried to use 2 coupon codes that I was sent today via email as a reward 'for being with us for a year'. Neither worked after trying a number of times and the error was they had expired or not valid. I have checked the reviews re: Living social and most were very negative (especially on the US site) about customer service not being helpful or prompt to solve problems. I have also checked the company's website that I was about to purchase from, personalisedgiftsmarket.co.uk and their contact phone and fax numbers are +44 123456789. Not very convincing!

I am disappointed with wasting a lot of time by not being able to contact someone directly via phone or have a hope of having this resolved promptly (according to other customers) so have deleted my account.

Hi Wizphiz, So sorry to hear you've had difficulty in redeeming your promo code, and getting support from our team! We'll send you a private message shortly to help find a resolution for you. Kind regards, Living Social

Worst experience, rude staff over phone

Awhile ago bought a coupon from living social and due to their website crashing, it charged me 3x the amount. They would not refund me until eventually after talking to numerous people they refunded me only part of the extra charges. Extremely disappointing.

Hi Tayla, Our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had in shopping with us. So we can investigate this further, we'll send you a private message requesting a few details. Speak soon! Living Social Support

Extremely pleased

I dealt with a person called Madhubani from Living Social. It was 2 fold, ordering and paying for 2 courses. Madhubani was able to sort both problems out, was in constant contact, and now I am able to use both courses that I paid for. Very happy, extremely.

Hi Lynne, Thankyou for taking the time to leave your review. We'll be sure to pass your message over to Mudhubani and the team to keep up the good work! Have a great week! Warm regards, Living Social Support