Loan Market

We are here to help you

and listened to our needs and challenged us where appropriate. Distilled down and requirements and assisted us to consider the future and what we were planning. Gave us confidence from the start that he would be able to match us up with a provider of funds - which he did, We had a sense that he knew the offers out there in the market and could match us up with the right provider. So in a sense he knew our needs, he knew the market and he linked us up to the provider who would consider our request. We know he persisted on pushing the application and we always well informed as to progress. And then in the transition from the old to the new he managed that interface and in effect it happened around us. We did not incur any extra costs and the issues we faced were more about the lender requiring more information then expected to support their decision to fund the request. The interest rate applied to our new loan is lower than the rate we were previously paying.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing
Thank you for sharing your review! It's great to hear that you had a positive experience with one of our brokers. If you ever need anything in the future, please get back in touch!

Very Professional

Alex was very upfront in explaining all details of the loans. He showed me the comparison rate of interest of the other banks. Very satisfied with the interest rate. Will recommend Alex to friends. Easy to contact Alex readily available to clear doubts.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:Investment Property
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for leaving your review! We're delighted that you had such a good experience with Alex! If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Fantastic service and support 24/7

We have found the loan market team fantastic for our construction loan. Being first home buyers we had so many questions and did a full bank change. Jasmeet Singh was available after 5, weekends and really worked for us. Couldn’t recommend them more!

Loan used for:First Home
Hi! Thank you so much for leaving this review, we are delighted that you've had a great experience with Jasmeet. If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Absolutely awful customer service.

Broker: Heather Armstrong.

Scenario: Long term tenants issued NTV as landlord was intending to sell premises with vacant possession, attempting to purchase first home. Had ~8% deposit for a $550k home.

Overview

Broker misplaced documentation, would ask me to re-send documentation on several occasions.
Broker was consistently absent, would not respond to telephone calls, would not respond to emails.
Would not provide update on progress of applications at almost any point.
Still do not know if I'm approved or declined 3 weeks after application is supposedly lodged.
Have given up on any sort of positive outcome from my experiences.

Timeline

Application for finance began on March 29th.
Documentation was provided day of request.
April 4th, Recieved pack advising she could potentially get $500k via a big 4 lend.

Sat on request and discussed with wife, decided not to proceed and informed broker as such.

April 5th, convinced me to apply for a Liberty finance loan despite my misgivings. She requested more documentation and told me Application would be submitted April 6th.

April 9th, attempted contact with broker. No response. Attempted contact with proposed financier - was advised I could only speak to Broker and not them directly.

April 9th, attempted contact with loan market company directly. Could not speak to me as they could not verify any information about me, as each broker keeps their clients details seperate from the company and applications are on a broker only basis. Attempted email contact with customer care inbox, did not recieve a response.

Advised April 10th she had been unwell for a few days, and would submit April 11th, and to expect a response within 3 working days.

Checked in with her April 12th to confirm lodged. She requested I re-send Bank statements a third time. Did not receive a reply to my sending documents.

Advised April 15th (10 days after I had initially been told it would be submitted) that application had been submitted and to expect a response within a few days.

Fast forward to May 2nd, no response to one phone call attempt, no contact attempts to me to inform me of outcome during the interim 2 weeks.

Conclusion

I do not even know if my request was approved or declined, and frankly even if it's approved I no longer want to proceed with the request.

I am not cross at the idea of my request for finance being declined (I work in the finance industry and understand the concept of credit risk) but the lack of communication around even advising me how the application was progressing filled me with incredible amounts of anxiety, noting the requirement to move a family of four (two members of which had special needs) on a very short (6 weeks) timeline.

Having a single point of contact for the entire process who either could not provide me an update, or would not, is not an ideal state of affairs and while I understand that this is the entire point of having a broker, this assumes a base level of willingness to communicate.

Loan used for:First Home
Hi Jason, I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience. This is not the level of service we aim to provide. We’ll escalate this with our complaints team right away (using the email address you contacted us with via customercare@loanmarket.com.au) and get to the bottom of this for you. Again we apologise for the lack of communication. If you have any questions please send them through to us at customercare@loanmarket.com.auHi, I did this already yesterday, and I mentioned on the complaint I did this a month ago and got no response.

Above and Beyond

Mark went above and beyond to help me secure my home loan. I couldn't be happier with his service. Mark was also available to answer any questions that I had and he followed up with the banks every step of the way. I would highly recommend him to everyone and will definitely use Mark again.

Loan used for:First Home
Hi Bonnie, Thank you so much for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a great experience working with Mark! If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us! Thanks again!

Perfect for the inexperienced loan seeker.

Customer service could not have been better. Sandra was always available to answer questions. Everything was explained very clearly so there were no unexpected issues or costs. Would definately recommend and use loan market again.

Loan used for:Renovation
Hi Glenda, Thanks so much for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a great experience working with us! Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. Thanks again, Vanessa

Will use in the future

Couldn't be happier with our decision to use loan market. Scott splade is very calm and professional and helped us at every step. There was no pressure just great assistance

Loan used for:Refinancing
Hi Danielle & Duncan, Thanks so much for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a great experience working with Scott! Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. Thanks again, Vanessa

Went above and beyond!

Mark did a fantastic job of getting us a 2nd investment home loan in 2 years and refinancing our other loans to consolidate and reduce our outlay. He also ensured he got us competitive rates and followed up every step of the way!

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Loan used for:Investment Property

Thank-you Bren! Excellent Service!

Right from the very beginning I had great confidence in Bren and Liz. They made my purchase an enjoyable, exciting one, with good communication, keeping me informed, prompt handling and assistance. Thanks Loan Market!

Loan used for:First Home

Nice gentle man but not experienced enough in mortgage broking and dealing with clients.

Polite and humble ma. Irresponsible, not committed and inexperienced.
Called numerous types but no response which is unprofessional when dealing with clients.

Feel very bad to write this but experience is very bad. Been waiting for his call since 2 weeks and finally felt I need to educate other people so writing review.

Loan used for:Refinancing
I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We take complaints very seriously and will do all that we can to investigate and help resolve this issue for you. Would you mind please sending me your full name, phone number and the full name of your broker to customercare@loanmarket.com.au and I will look into this for you as soon as possible. Thanks in advance, Vanessa

Thank you Doug!

Doug always goes the extra mile and will help you in anyway he can to facilitate your loan. Thank you so much Doug. You really are a champion! Highly recommend.

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Loan used for:Investment Property
Hi Kerry, Thanks so much for your review, we're happy to hear you had a great time working with Doug! We wish you all the best and please let us know if you ever need any additional assistance in the future. Thanks, Vanessa

Review

Great team work Michael was great and so was Lauren thank you so very much for getting my loan for me if it wasn’t for both of you it would not have happened thank you again

Loan used for:First Home
Hi Pamela, Thanks so much for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a great experience working with Michael and Lauren! Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. Thanks again, Vanessa

Happy with Loanmarket so far !!

Happy with the service. The loan was approved well in time despite the present market scenario. Anitha was very helpful and was always on top of the entire process which facilitated the approval.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Hi Saurabh, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. We're glad you have a great experience working with Anitha, please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need any assistance in the future. Thanks, Vanessa

Bait n switch

I got a loan through Loan Market Go, less than a month after settlement and they increased the interest rate. They promise a low interest rate, but quickly raise the interest whenever they want. Not happy. Poor customer service as well.

Loan used for:Investment Property
Hi Christian, I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience with Loan Market Go. Unfortunately Loan Market and Loan Market Go are separate companies so I am unable to assist in this instance, but the team at Loan Market Go take complaints very seriously and will do all that they can to investigate and help resolve this issue for you. Would you mind getting in touch with Loan Market Go with your details via the email Advantedge.customercare@advantedge.com.au. Apologies for any confusion. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Thanks in advance, Vanessa

10 on 10

Fantastic Service, very professional, responsive , responsible, constantly communicated, put our interest always as top priority.

Dimi, thanks heaps for helping us through out the process. Wish you all the best!

Loan Market - Well done having Dimi in your team.

Loan used for:First Home
Hi Prakash, Great to hear you had such a good time working with Dimi! Thanks for this lovely review, please don't hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. Thanks, Vanessa

Extremely poor service

Regular occurrences of poor and incorrect information, going against our wishes and making decisions not in our interests. Failure to supply us with important information about our loan and not passing on information to the bank. I honestly wish I had not used this service and used Aussie or done it myself. Would have been a lot less stressful and more reliable. We even lost money using this service by being put with a bank that had a higher interest rate than the one we asked for plus late fees for settlement due to tardiness in replying to emails and sending through documents.

Update: I tried to resolve our issues through their complaints department and didn't make much progress. They took an extremely long time to do anything (over 2 months!!) and have now just stopped replying to my emails/communication while some of the issues still remain unresolved. I am very unhappy with the service and we didn't even pay LoanMarket directly. If the Royal Commission changes go through I would strongly advise not to use this service especially if you need to pay rather than the banks. As it is we have incurred additional charges which I have yet to get an explanation for.

Loan Start DateJuly 2018

Excellent result. 100% happy customer

Great customer service. Prompt and timely communication throughout loan application process. Highly recommended! Will choose to work with this broker, Nicola Tucker, for all future loan or refinance applications. Very happy with loan rate and features.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Thanks for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a good experience working with Nicola. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. We wish you all the best with loan! Thanks, Vanessa

100% Recommend

Amazing service - genuine, knowledgeable and very responsive. No cost to us for the service provided but all expenses were clear and accurate. We are stoked with our mortgage rate too.

Loan used for:First Home
Hi Tiffany, Thanks for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a good experience working with us! Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. We wish you all the best with your new purchase! Thanks, Vanessa

Vish from Loan Market Springfield was excellent. Cheers Nazir

Excellent with Vish from Springfield branch, call him 0432554770 , he is active listener and plan accordingly for loan approval, I got my loan approved by him Cheers, Nazir, Bellbird Park

Hi Nazir, Thanks for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a good experience working with Vish. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. We wish you all the best with your new purchase! Thanks, Vanessa

Perfect Service

Thank you Loan Market (Christine Dunkerton) If only all the people in the world were as pleasurable and professional to deal with as you. We received an excellent rate and everything was completed in a very short time.

Loan Start DateMarch 2019
Hi Grant, Thanks for sharing your review, we're so happy you had such a good experience working with Christine. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you need anything in the future. We wish you all the best with your loan! Thanks, Vanessa