Macfixit Australia

Macfixit Australia

Good Product and Excellent Customer Service

I recently bought a "NewerTech NuPower 78 Watt-Hour Battery for MacBook Pro 15-inch Unibody Mid-2009 and Mid-2010" from Macfixit Australia. The online ordering process was easy, and I was provided with emails advising where the order was during processing and shipment. The battery arrived within a few days and, using the comprehensive "how to" videos and written instructions on the website, I was able to easily replace the old battery even though I'm no computer expert. Unfortunately, the new battery didn't work, in that the laptop wouldn't turn on, so I contacted Macfixit. A replacement battery was quickly arranged and shipped, and Macfixit provided me with a free return post label for the battery shipped initially. The batteries are supposed to arrive with a minimum 30% charge but the second battery didn't work either, so I suspected it may not have held any charge and connected the charger overnight. Sure enough, that was the problem so I suspect the first battery was also discharged, indicating Macfixit had received a batch of uncharged batteries from the manufacturer.

These things happen from time to time, but what impressed me was Macfixit's customer focus and determination in resolving the issue as quickly as possible. Their email followup and progress updates on what was happening were very reassuring. A supplier's customer support post-sale is equally as important as the quality of the products they sell, and from what I've seen Macfixit is on the money in both areas.

As far as the replacement battery is concerned, I'm very happy with it too. My mid-2009 MacBook Pro has a new lease of life, and the higher capacity battery keeps it going noticeably longer than the original battery, even when it was new.

Although my experience with their products is limited, I'd happily recommend Macfixit because of their attention to detail and customer focus. In fact, I will probably order some more RAM for my ageing MacBook Pro.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedNewerTech NuPower 78 Watt-Hour Battery for MacBook Pro 15-inch Unibody Mid-2009 and Mid-2010 Models

Excellent service

Purchased extra RAM for my MAC. Product received quickly and quality was as expected. Highly recommended, reliable supplier.
Cannot comment on the range of products etc as I was only interested in a specific product

Product PurchasedRAM

Memory

Bought Ram for my iMac and the service was great, price great and fast delivery. Since installing it my iMac runs faster and boots up quicker. No complaints from me.

Product PurchasedMemory

Numeric key pad

I was very satisfied with the speedy service from Macfixit. Being new to Mac I finally starting working with numbers and realised quickly I needed a numeric keypad. It was here within 2 days so I was rapt. I had not asked for faster post so was very impressed. Well done Macfixit, you must have processed my order as soon as you got it.

Excellent store

Recently ordered a 64GB RAM kit for my brand new 2019 iMac. The item arrived very quickly and was well-packed. High quality RAM, and it was recognised by the iMac without problems.

Great experience - would buy again.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

They just get it right, first time, every time!

Even though Apple seem to be catering more and more for the "I am a Consumer Only" market segment, I still use my Macs to produce things. Invariably this involves maintaining 'legacy' devices as well as keeping up with the latest gadgets.
Macfixit has been my 'go to' resource for well over a decade and they have never let me down. If the website lists an item as "In Stock" when I purchase then, even though Western Australia (Wait Awhile) means slower delivery times, I receive email notification when despatched and can then adjust my expectations and work flow accordingly.
For less urgent acquisitions they regularly offer 'discounted specials' which means I can make my dollars go further for items which are more in the 'nice to have' category.
A while back I was having trouble gaining access to some detailed technical specifications needed to choose between two different products. As a 'last ditch' option I called Macfixit. All I was hoping was to identify the Australian distributor. The staffer I dealt with did more than provide a supplier reference - they asked if they could assist, listened to my questions, promised to research the issues and get back to me as soon as possible. Next day they phoned and provided the exact information I was chasing. When I started to thank them for their efforts the response really surprised me. I was being thanked "for the opportunity to understand the needs of one of their valued customers better". Unreal.
My suggestion - give these folks a go.

Product PurchasedVarious computer hardware

Correction to my Misconception

I purchased a battery for my 10 year old Macbook Pro recently. The purchase was very easy and the instructions for installation were a breeze. The delivery was very quick and all tools needed were included with the battery. All good. However, when I installed the battery in the old computer, at first it did not seem to improve the battery life (as it had promised to do). I was disappointed and commented on this. I had followed instructions carefully and recalibrated the battery computer combination.
To my astonishment this was only a temporary situation because now the ten year old laptop is giving me much more battery life than it did with the old Apple battery. My Apple 5,5 Macbook Pro now has 6 GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD and a new battery which have given it a new lease of life. It performs much better than it did when new.
My apologies to Macfixit for doubting them and my thanks to them for giving me such a significantly improved system. I heartily recommend these upgrades to anyone with a 2009 Macbook Pro.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedApple MacBook Pro 13-inch (2009-2012)

Great shopping experience from a great store !

Another great shopping experience from a great store. I have always been extremely satisfied with the purchasing procedure and the quality of the products I have bought through the Macfixit online store. We live in a rural area and delivery is often a problem - not so with my Macfixit deliveries - Thankyou Macfixit.

Product Purchased NewerTech NuPower 55 Watt-Hour Battery For 13" MacBook Air 2010 - 2015 - Repair Kit With Tools

Added RAM for my Mac

Purchased 2 x 8GB PC14900 DDR3 1867MHz SO-DIMM 204 Pin RAM cards. Good pricing and quick delivery. Installation in my late 2015 27" iMac was easy and has transformed my Mac which was bogging down running Mac OS and Parallels/Windows 10 at the same time. Would buy again!

Ultra Reliable!

As a long time Mac user (I'm talking owning every type of Mac since the SE in 1988), it is great to have a company that comes to the party with very efficient service and top quality products.

Finally a Battery that works!

Many "new" batteries for older laptops are being sold, which then don't work and have to be returned. Maxfixit has sourced new build batteries for our 4 older MacBook Pros.

Product PurchasedApple MacBook Pro 15-inch 2011 Late

Excellent company to deal with.

SSD received from Macfixit, quick delivery, about 15 mins to instal, about 1hr plus to restore from backup using time machine and now my 2011 MacBook pro is as new, can’t believe the difference in speed, working perfectly.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Really awesome site, product and service.

The site was easy to navigate. They had the SSD upgrade kit for my late 2009 iMac and were really helpful with technical details. My iMac runs super well with the upgrade!

Great local source of parts

Site was easy to navigate and gave a clean detailed description of what the part was and what it was suited for.
Installed the replacement battery with out issue and MAC air lasts 8hrs again while streaming.

Product PurchasedNewerTech NuPower Battery

Not just a great price

I purchased some MacBook Pro memory from Macfixit. Easy to deal with, great prices and fast delivery. I did however have an issue with one module. The Macfixit after sales service was excellent with a new module provided and delivered quickly. Could not ask for more.

Very good company to deal with

Pricing is very competitive and product descriptions are accurate. I have purchased several items through this company and been happy every time. Items posted have always arrive promptly. Highly recommended.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Great products and great service delivery

I found it easy to find the product I was looking for, and there were more than one to chose from. The SSD I bought is only made by one company and the local price was cheaper than purchasing it in the US and having it posted;

Product PurchasedOWC Aura Pro X2 1TB SSD

Great and friendly service

The cheap battery in my MacBook Pro wasn't holding charge so I checked what Macfixit were offering. Theirs were dearer but sounded much better. I placed the order but unfortunately it was for the wrong size battery (I measured wrongly) When I contacted Macfixit they were most understanding and suggested I order the right one and they would refund the money when the returned battery was delivered back to them. This happened and my refund came quickly.

The new battery is working just fine and I only need to charge it once a day - or longer if I'm not using the computer much.

Dealing with Macfixit was a pleasure and I would highly recommend them.

Product PurchasedBattery

Works to rescue data from Mac air ssd

This is a review of 0gb owc mercury aura pro envoy external MacBook Air 2010/2011 ssd enclosure.

Our MacBook Air had died due to a ram issue (3 beeps) and I wasn’t able to get it to safety mode to rescue data or link it via cable to another Mac - so this was the last option I had before taking it to a specialist. It worked just fine - removed the ssd from the laptop, put it inside the enclosure, then connected it to our new computer (also a Mac). Then using the migration assistant we were able to select all the files we wanted to rescue - overall reasonably straight forward. I’d buy again (and may need to for another computer in a similar situation):

32 Upgrade memory

We found it very easy to navigate the store and find the product we needed.The quality is very good and it was simple to install ourselves.We ordered on a Thursday night and had the product on the Monday from interstate.We would recommend this product and company to everyone

Product Purchasedmemory