Online, Branches

Hobbsy

HobbsyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Avoid Like The Plague

I have built 3 houses previously and had mortgages with 4 other banks over the years. Macquarie are by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Throughout the construction process they have far more stressful to deal with than the actual build itself. You give them docs they request then a week later another we po argument at Macquarie requests the same docs. They say everything is fine then they ask for m more docs. Can't wait for the build to be finished s oo I can refinance with someone else.

Mahfuz

Mahfuz

Long wait for transfer from another bank & bpay payments

1. When funds transferred from another financial institution to Macquarie bank, it takes much longer than other banks to receive. I bank with 3 other different banks (CBA, NAB & Westpac) where the transferred funds from another financial institution i receive much faster than (at least a day) than Macquarie bank.
2. Also when funds transferred to other financial institution or Bpay payments made through Macquarie, takes much longer to receive by the other party. BEWARE: don't use Macquarie bank bpay if you have a cut off time for your bills (i.e. credit card bill- where you'll have negative rating on you credit history if you make late payment). Silly Macquarie bank, NO GOOD NO GOOD.

Fair GoAU

Macquarie Bank and suicide! as seen on google and YouTube

Disagree with Macquarie Bank's behaver you could well find yourself silenced!
I asked why are you throwing mental health help contact numbers at me now when the subject of my welfare came up recently you offered to help then you cut off communication with me? Just leaving me stunned.
How about when we discussed me killing myself as an option of freeing my family from foreclosure, OK good of you to let me know that it would work but!
Well after another encounter with these lovely people I thought I should take them up on their offer and call the number they sent me for CaiRing which was wrong by the way and when I did get through it took over a day for a callback. I should have known better to trust Macquarie Bank,

Fair Go

They probably think that this sad old man is just going to fade away, but no, the more they treat me like vermin the more I will be up for making a statement.

Jawwad

JawwadSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor Poor Service!

Shiv

ShivTruganina

Will never ever use Macquarie car loan.

They just ripped off. Going to lodge a complaint to AFCA.I will never recommend to my family or my friends.
Paid loan in 3 years. They charged to total period interest 7 years with early termination fees. stay away from macquarie..

rs

rs

Don't follow their website processing times

According to their website https://help.macquarie.com.au/s/article/What-are-my-payment-cut-off-times-and-when-will-my-payments-be-processed

Internal Transfers made via Electronic Banking between your Macquarie accounts that have a BSB starting with 182 are processed immediately but they don't follow that even for transfer to internal linked accounts with BSB starting with 182, they take more than 1 business day. Worst example for a bank.

Customer service doesn't exist.

Howserpower

Howserpower

Can you complain about the complaints department?!

Faheem

FaheemGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse Customer service and resolve team

Been with this bank for 4 years now. My account has been blocked 3 times (made inactive to transfer ) for absolutely no reason or bizarre reason saying need to update the details. Once it was updated then they blocked again and then cited technical resolving issue and said sorry. After 3 months blocked again. This is just pathetic and frustrating when they hold you for hours and then either they disconnect or say they will call back as the team isn't there to speak or is taking time making unnecessary excuses.

Wouldn't recommend to have a Cash management account there. Worse I ahve seen. You can't really access your account. I would have rated 0 or below 0 if that was possible.

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ATM fees - pathetic

I withdrew $20 from Macquarie ATM. Was charged $4 for the transaction, & a further $3.75 for the receipt. At no stage was this information conveyed when making the transaction. Disgusted!

customer

customerSydney, NSW

started off bad but resolved now

Just started with them. Started off with a bad experience but the complaints department was communicative and fixed the issue . I'm glad they took it seriously and worked to resolve the problems.

Ecorigon I.

Ecorigon I.Sydney, NSW

Greedy Flogs!

The most greedy pack of clowns in existence. They own our airport and charge the earth to use the stations there. Macquarie Bank own all those revenue raising mobile speed cameras that ping people for doing a few km/h over in NSW. So greedy they'd take a 3 dollar ice cream off a child if they thought they could get ten bucks for it. Bank with commonwealth or a credit union, don't go near these DH's

Even internal transfers of $ take forever

TopicBusiness Banking
ELIZABETH F.

ELIZABETH F.

Shocking Customer Service! Extraordinary wait times!

After waiting on hold for nearly ONE HOUR, the call was answered by a very rude woman who wanted to transfer me immediately without even listening to my query. When I asked her not to palm me off she hung up on me! Absolutely disgraceful.
This is not the first time Ive attempted to call Macquarie and had to wait this long only to be greeted with rude and unwelcoming staff.
Macquarie, perhaps it is time to retrain your staff on good customer service and employ more people to reduce your wait times?? Look at your reviews theyre all shocking.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Satya

SatyaSydney, NSW

this is a joke waiting for customer service representative for 1 and half hr and still no body turn up

on dated 11/2/2021 i made a call to macquaire bank to just know something about my transactions. I am waiting more than one and half hr I am still waiting someone for help. Phone is in auto mode answering mode.

Jireh C.

Jireh C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the bank you want to go for customer service

Nathaniel V.

Nathaniel V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On hold for 2 and a half hours

I called Macquarie bank 2 weeks ago and I was on hold for 58 mins. Today I have been on hold for 2 and a half hours and still waiting.

Suchit jani

Suchit janiSydney

wait for hours to get home loan support

patethic homeloan support service, have been waiting for hours to convert the current home loan to fixed rate loan. nobody picks up the call for hours does not call back, call ends by it self when we wait on call for more that 35-40 mins. i have done this numerous occasion for last 3 weeks not feed back.

Highly disappointing.

Still renting

Still rentingSouthwest, VIC

Unprofessional, incompetent, shonky.

Firstly the application process was arduous and due to their mistakes had to be done numerous times.

Secondly, “variable” does not mean they drop their interest rate even though what I’m paying is way over industry average. They literally DO NOT automatically drop the rate.

Thirdly communication is non-existent for existing customers. They only contact new customers. I have emailed and called numerous times trying to speak with someone. When they finally contact me and realise I’m an existing customer (even though my emails etc clearly state that) they transfer you to a dead phone line.

Avoid Maquarie. There are much better options.

Worst customer service ever!

Do not do any banking or loans with them! They do not want to help. They are terrible!! I asked to talk to manager they just hang up and don’t call you back.

Melvin W.

Melvin W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

No hassle good service and good rates of interest

Opened savings a/c with great bonus incentive. No problem at all using the online app and service and interest have been exemplary. Fund transfers are swift also. Marketplace rewards (Woolies egiftcard) is an added 4% bonus at time of writing. I have no complaints and have recommended Macquarie to friends.