Macquarie Bank

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Macquarie Bank

Nicola
NicolaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bad customer service and general

Have had to have multiple calls with Macquarie (each time being on hold for over an hour). Was quoted an interest rate by them, all confirmed, did their whole agree to the terms - for them to call me back after and advise they stated incorrectly and that the rate would be adjusted. No adjustment or negotiating even though the fault was at their end.
Previous calls with them also they don't really seem to want to retain you as a customer. Looking forward to refinancing elsewhere and definitely wouldn't be recommending them for anyone looking for a new home loan.

rod b.
rod b.Sydney, NSW

Worst systems in banking and terrible service accordingly

2years I have been with this bank as was forced into it to access CMC markets... I want to move from both now as they are absolutely hopeless when something is not correct...which is often

Pradeep
PradeepSydney, NSW

Opening Term Deposit

Tried to open op a term deposit on 5th June and provided all the information. Till today the account is in a mess with opening of 22nd June instead of 5th June when I had submitted my application. Even The account does not mention the interest rate and clear maturity instructions. Chasing them up but with no response.

Nathan gray
Nathan graySydney, NSW

I can't believe how bad they have gotten

I have been with Macquarie over 20 years and today has sealed their fate cannot access my savings to put into super before eofy on hold all day no answer

A N P.
A N P.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer support for online banking

Phone support always not answered. Term deposit has to fill out same details every time even for existing customers, this doesn't make sense for today's technology. No printable proof of balance available online, has to do a screenshot. Badly designed phone apps. No wonder they can only attract new customers with higher deposit rates.

TopicNew Account

Hopeless hopeless hopeless

We tried to open a Macquarie TD. Over 3 weeks later abandoned it as a seriously bad idea and went with another bank.
The initial online application went well, but then nothing. Money still in the old account. Many phone calls, extended waiting on hold, promises of ‘escalation’, repeated emails requesting documents that had been already sent 2 or 3 times.
So many promises that it would be fixed in 24-48 hours, but nothing ever done.
I don’t care that I might get a slightly lower interest rate. At least I can sleep at night knowing our money is in competent hands.
Would have rated them 0 or less had it been possible.
Unbelievably bad!

Bob
Bob

Financial hardship

Thank you today from the hardship team at Macquarie leasing for understanding me . I cant thank them enough through these hard times financially. Thanks to the covid lockdowns it has affected my life . But the hardship team have helped me out big time . please keep up the great work and thank you guys again 5 stars in my books

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
PleaseGODHelpMe
PleaseGODHelpMeSydney, NSW

Possible fraud

Received MB email 'you have updated your address'. I had not !! Immediately phoned. Waited 2 hours on hold. Told by officer 'I am not authorized to do anything'. Immediately emailed MB scams dept. No reply. Emailed MB complaints dept. Lodged AFCA complaint. Praying to ALMIGHTY GOD. Amen

Dirkwood C.
Dirkwood C.South East Queensland, QLD

Joke Of A Bank

We were forced over from Jetstar Credit, WOW! They should just shut up shop & close.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! THEY ARE THE WORST! Over 3 weeks to try and access online banking. Still with no resolution.

Then when closing the account they wouldn't provide a statement & said I had to take his word on how much to pay out.

Very bad experience.

Luke Sorrell
Luke SorrellPerth, WA

Don’t buy a car under finance with Macquarie Bank.

I don’t bank with Macquarie however I purchased a vehicle that was financed through Macquarie Leasing. I paid out the previous owners finance balance after obtaining an official payout letter from Macquarie bank. After I made the balance transfer Macquarie have since lost the funds.
So now I have a car with out clear title - the previous owner is making payments on a loan that’s bound be paid out….. and Macquarie are far from helpful. I’d rather sh:t in my hands and clap - than deal with Macquarie bank.

Rob
Rob

OMG what a joke

I wanted to get high interest savings account. Now I have 2 low interest accounts and unable to close without jumping through hoops. What makes it worse is I don’t qualify as these accounts are open

Harry S.
Harry S.Sydney, NSW

A frightening experience

Sam S
Sam SWollongong

i am the destroyer of worlds

Unmarked Mobile Speed Cameras in NSW -> Macquarie Bank -> Macquarie Infrastructure -> Vocus -> shitlisted ISP carrier.

If you live in NSW, this is a heads up to all you people that got done but these hidden mobile speed cameras, dont use an ISP that uses Vocus as their upstream.

Michelle P.
Michelle P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non existent customer service

Smiddy
SmiddyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Were you wondering who the other bank was in the Athena Home loans ad was?

I've been with Macquarie for 9 years. Overall their service is good as was the applications process. Once they realise you are paying down your loan quicker than scheduled they start to make things difficult. No negotiation on interest rates, despite offering significantly lower rates to others with larger loans. No reward for being low risk. Basically they do everything they can to keep their claws in to you for as long as they can. Once they know you are under that threshold for negotiating a better rate with other banks they treat you like you are the worst customer in the world.