Macquarie Bank Home Loans

Listing monitored by Macquarie Bank

1.5
NNC
NNC

Worst experience with a bank... been an absolute nightmare!

Wanted to give 0 stars but this site does not allow this. I star is too much worst bank ever, they don't care about people! AVOID AT ALL COSTS. My brother's home loan application has been by far the worst experience with a lender ever! I have had home loans with many other banks in the past and never have I ever experienced such chaos!!! They run a circus, not a bank!

Adam L.
Adam L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

You won't get an account manager

win
win

Loan approved within 3 days with competitive ratea

I got my loan approved within 3 days (when other banks may take 1 month to do so)

Customer support is very responsive and keen to help me to meet my tight settlement deadline (4 days).

They also accept apartment as security.

Fixed rate is very competitive at 2.09 %

Highly recommended if you need to get home loan asap

Tracy Danqi Yu
Tracy Danqi YuSydney, NSW

So Hard To Talked To The Right Team

Find out how Macquarie Bank Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Couldn't even give zero stars

Shane E.
Shane E.Perth, WA

STUNNED BY POOR SERVICE

Having been with Macquarie for many years I have asked to simply fix my home loan. After 5 emails with apologies and 7 calls, in fact Im on hold now and have been for 1 hour and 1 minute on hold!
It has been a month of apologies and even stating they will backdate the interest which will now be dificult as we have gone another month cycle.1 Millionlending at 60% LVR and they still cant even do what they say they will!

Edson S.
Edson S.Perth, WA

Terrible

I was paying 4.32% interest rate with them and the market was offerering 2.49%, I've called them to talk about it and they said it was the best rate the could offer! So I decide to go to other bank and they stuff up the settlement making me to pay twice for settlement fees. I will never use them anymore.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Waiting over a month for friend to pay me back

I loaned money to a friend for his deposit of a home loan. My friend can't repay me because he gas trouble accessing his own money. It's been over 4 weeks now....don't bank with them. They cant perform a simple transfer in a timely way.

D van der Mijl
D van der Mijl

Terrible - AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

Just an awful experience.

Terrible time logging in, them getting information correct and being hand balled from one customer service rep to another.
Then after complaining they closed down my account for absolutely no reason only citing the following one from their T&C's.

16.3 You acknowledge that we retain the right not to provide products or services to anyone that we decide, in our sole discretion, that we do not wish to provide them to.

DO NOT BANK WITH THESE MUPPETS! They are so hard to deal with. Put your money somewhere safer.

Tahlzi
TahlziHunter Region, NSW

Amazing, gave us the opportunity to be home owners!

We used a broker to gain our finance, 2nd attempt different broker and this experience was so amazing and quick. We had preapproval in 48 hours, and a full approval in less than 24 hours. The settlement was smooth sailing, making payments is easy and love the Offset and being able to have 10 accounts comes in handy.. Very happy with Macquarie

Kevin
KevinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not sure if we made the right choice

Not sure if we made the right choice, we got the keys after making the final payment ourselves as they were so slow on making progress payments, we have been in our house since (30th of April and it’s now the 25th of may and we are still waiting for final payments to be made so we can complete our build, and it doesn’t look like coming anytime soon

psychdarrin
psychdarrinSydney, NSW

Absolute Nightmare

Hope
HopeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Ever Bank! Operates like a circus instead of a financial institution! Shocking how they can continue to Exist!!

Tricky home loan!

7 months into a home loan with Macquarie Bank, the interest rate has risen twice despite no rate change by RB! No warning - you just get an email telling you the rate has increased from yesterday!

darby
darbyNSW, 2300

Great

Used a broker to get through Macquarie. Great interest rate and excellent service. The best application experience ever! My broker did guide me through the whole process which helped. I recommend using a broker and you shouldn't experience any of the difficulties which are outlined in the other reviews.