Magnamail

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (6)
Melanie S.

Melanie S.Perth, WA

93year old Grandmother being scammed!

My 93 year old Grandmother is convinced every single time that she has won $20,000 or $5,000 with Magnamails fake confirmed winner trash. She is losing her memory and you all at Magnamail should be ashamed of yourself. How you can continue to operate I will never understand. I will be chasing this up with ACCC. I will also be cancelling her subscription asap and I hope others do the same to protect their family and friends. Taking advantage of the vulnerable and the elderly is appalling!!!

petae

petaeAU

dishonest descriptions of product uses and aggressive dishonest advertising

Angry36

Angry36Western District, VIC

Magnamail is a scam and should be reported

Magnamail send bogus offers saying that the recipient is guaranteed to win a prize.
They are complete scammers who target vulnerable members of the community who believe magnamail's claims that they are going to win money if they keep buying items off them. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Shonky!

1st order: Waited for a few weeks - Nothing. Cancelled cheque
2nd order: - Nothing. Rang - got a Pilipino I couldn't understand. Asked for Supervisor - told they were to ring back - still waiting!
Shonky crooks : My next call will be to Fair Trading & Current Affair

Misleading promotions

Yes, I have had the same treatment from magnamail on more times, that I can remember. The lastest, again saying that I was a winner, got a $5.00 cash prize in an envelope, a cake of soap worth $3.00 in store, magnamail charged me $7.99. On other times when told I was a winner up to what ever the amount, the reward as a VALUED customer, was a cheap watch, or some plastic ( not leather ) item. And yes, the lastest, a winner and yes,again, another product to buy with the promise of something wonderful, up to the value of? I feel that I am the joke to magnamail!
The lastest order this month was made ineligible to claim prize because magnamail did not have the stock! All I got was sorry!

lyn50Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its a scam and deceptive practices

You get letters in the mail that state that you have won, it is a scam and deceptive. When you try to stop the letters they cease for a short while and start again. They should be banned.

Len

LenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Magna-Fail

Like Terry in "Would not pay out my prize" review, I too scratched the code on a card and it said I had won $20000. So I put in the required order with the returned scratchie (I took a photo of it!) and I waited and followed up with emails. I did not receive the ordered goods as magnamail claims that my cc was invalidated. I have used the same CC in many of previous orders and this is their cop-out. So Fair Trading NSW and a court complaint is what I'd be doing next

Terry

TerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not pay out my prize

I scratched the code on a card and it said I had won $20000. I really thought I had won the prize. I was deceived into ordering from the catalogue and received the ordered goods. When I queried it they said I had not scratched all the prizes on the card as the code matched up with four of the prizes and you only get 1 (the crappy one). I am taking this straight to the ACCC and maybe Slater and Gordon.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

scamed... no prize at all..

I admit I should have known better.. I was led to believe I had won of 3 prizes... $20,000, $1,000
or a ring.. when i asked the magnamail staff person which one was i going to get.. she said the computer
would pick which one and i would find out what i was to receive with my order... the order arrived no reference to the prices.. just a filthy scam... how dare you say that you are honest.. what a joke.. and i should have know better...

Joan Riches

Joan Riches

False description of goods in catalogue

The description in the catalogue does not relate in any way to the instructions that came with the bath mat I ordered. Catalogue did not state would not suit a textured surface, did not state needed to be rinsed and allowed to dry naturally after each use. The catalogue description said 'it dries immediately' - the next morning the mat was still soaking wet, holding water on the surface. - totally unsatisfactory.

Philip

PhilipAdelaide

Misleading Advertising

Bill ODonnell

Bill ODonnellSouth East Queensland, QLD

90 Year Old Mother being Scammed

My mother has been scammed by Magnamail now for numerous years. Always sending her the promise of the big win or that she has won. She has dementia now and just keeps sneaking off posting more and more money to them. The family has tried to stop her but she does not understand. This is causing huge arguments between my 90 year old dad and my mother who is addicted to this crap. They are pensioners who can not afford to be fleeced by these scams. How do we stop this?

BELL

BELLPerth

A major scam

Same as herb says, they say you are a confirmed winner then all you receive are the items that you pay for not a prize in sight not even the cheapest poor quality of the prizes on offer, this is the second time I've given them a try, there won't be a third!!

Herb

HerbDrouin

Scamming people

Twice now this company has sent mail advising me that I am a confirmed winner of a prize, if I order within 14 days. I considered that everyone is entitled a second chance. Firstly nothing from them to date including no products. I truly believe that this company does not take in to consideration the amount of people they are scamming and this needs to stop. With enough of us complaining maybe they will lift their game. Ha!

My order made on 07/09/18, for 2 NO FATS COOKING pots or pans, has NEVER arrived. When will it be c

We were extremely happy with the products that were sent to us and there were several items we may still purchase BUT we haven't received the NON FATS COOKERS. Thanks Bert

Samantha48

Samantha48LAUNCESTON

Told me a winner and then saw an item I would like to buy

Fraser 80

Fraser 80Palm island

This is perfect thanking about going on a Holiday

Would like to buy an hose and some walk way pretty lights please, thanks is their another way of paying my order, because I really need my order

Keep it coming. I love to receive your happy books with nice goods to buy.

Easy to read and find goods. I like the wide range. Every product that I have purchased has been of top quality.

Magnamail Always Brightens My Day

Very satisfied with products find there is always a excellent choice to choose from always look forward to receiving current brochure.

Review collected in partnership with Magnamail

Yorky

YorkyPinjarra 6208

Great products and cheap delivered to your mail box

We have been using Magnamail for ever and love the catalogue although we get sick of hearing about others winning the great prizes. We have bought many items from Magnamail with complete satisfaction. Only one or two items we returned for various reasons [wrong size or colour] and we were credited quickly for the costs. We eagerly await the next catalogue, regards Yorkie.

Ros Billingsley

Ros Billingsleyasked

Magnamail

Can you include the ring pull can opener in my present package to save on postage?

Rina Marino

Rina Marinoasked

Magnamail

My name is Rina Marino. I placed an order with you on 24/9/20. for some tape and a Gutter hose.
I have NOT received the Gutter hose. My Claim No: is MM42138 and you have already cashed my cheque
for $102.70. Please look into it ASAP. Thank you. Rina Marino

Komani

Komaniasked

Magnamail

As a confirmed prize winner can I order online to o into the prize draw

lyn50

Confirmed prize winner, you will probably get a cheap plastic broach if you are lucky my mum has heaps of these!!! It’s a con

sonja

Yes, magnamail send you papers saying that you have won something valued between an amount and after placing the order, a cheap prize is sent and each time you want to claim that big prize you have to purchase another item, only again to recieve something that is either a cheap version or nothing at all. You can ring them to place an order. My last phone call to them was to find out thatmy order was invalid because magnamail did not have in stock that item and all I got was an email saying that they would look into it! So far to date, magnamail have not responded! Very frustating and money wasting!

Robin P.
Robin P.

I have to agree whole-heartedly with you Sonja, I have been told I am a winner, but h ad to send more money off to claim prize, that to me is fraudulent at it's best, beats me how this company can still operate with such false advertising using us as guinea pigs.

Get an answer from our members and Magnamail representatives

Other General Merchandise Shops