Lisa Daniel

Lisa DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable local made mattress

Decided to go into Makin Mattresses store at Parkinson to look first hand at their product after much online research
So pleasantry surprised at how comfortable it is, cool to sleep on
Love the fact mattress is double sided
Get longer life out of the mattress
Staff member Pese was excellent to deal with, knowledgeable and friendly
10 year warranty guaranteed
Delivery was within 3 days of purchase
Delivery guys were great, assembled within minutes
So happy with our Makin Mattress

Store LocationParkinson Brisbane Queensland
Madelin V.

Madelin V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best sleep I’ve ever had in my life

Outstanding customer service, so helpful and had so much product knowledge. The delivery guys did an amazing job getting my king size bed in my house. They couldn’t use the front door because it was to small, they went through the back with great difficulty but with no complaints. Would recommend and have recommended Makin Mattress, it’s money well spend!!!!

Service

Needed a size specific mattress for my parents. Makin Mattress responded quickly online and once instore received excellent advice and no pressure to select the mattress type. Received quote same day and time given to discuss with parents. Quick turn around to make the mattress and have delivered seamlessly. Ended up buying a new mattress for myself while there. Thank you to Sue, Sandgate, Newcastle for your knowledge and time. Loved being able to support local and Australian.

Happy

Happy

Queen Makin mattress

Having previously owned a Makin Mattress we bought another one. Sales staff were friendly and efficient. Our delivery window time frame was an hour and it was delivered within that time frame! Well done. Always found the mattress to be supportive and comfortable. Sandgate, Newcastle store.

Matthew K.

Matthew K.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing product, top-tier service!

We visited a Makin Mattresses store while shopping for a replacement for our Koala mattress that had failed to live up to expectations. Sara at the Brisbane South store was exceptional, listening carefully to our needs and asking all the right questions to ensure she was able to guide us towards the right mattress.

Wow, is it ever the right mattress! I've not slept this well in years. The quality is impeccable, the comfort is top notch, and I find myself (a traditionally hot sleeper) to be having nowhere near the same number of sweaty mornings as before.

Do yourself a favour and pay a visit to the team at Makin Mattresses, you won't be disappointed!

Store LocationBrisbane South (Parkinson)

This is the worst mattress ever with very poor management support.

We purchased the top of the range mattress that has sagged after six months. The management consider this to be normal wear and tear! The staff refused to forward us details of their Head Office and will not give us a warranty on the replacement mattress should we use the comfort promise. Very disappointed with this purchase. Would be better to support Mr Harvey that also keeps locally made mattresses!

Store LocationAlbury
Kate S.Makin Mattresses

Hi Sha, I have reviewed your photos of the 'sagging' and the minor dip is considered normal for a mattress and is not a major fault covered by our warranty such as wires or coils loose or broken or protrude or tear. Kate

Sha R

Store LocationNerang
Nancy

NancySouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfort Promise

Bought a firm mattress from Makin Mattresses about 12 months ago. Having an issue with my back at the moment, contacted Makin Mattresses about purchasing a topper, they took mattress back to factory, remade it as a soft mattress in one day- no charge. They have a one of, 5 year comfort promise, which I was able to use. Very Happy.

Store LocationParkinson, QLD

Linda V.

Linda V.Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Great service and top quality bed

Polite and informative service to assess our needs. Prompt and efficient free delivery and take away. Very comfortable bed with option to turn and flip. Free mattress cover was nice touch.

Store LocationFyshwick Canberra
Jono

JonoHunter Region, NSW

Just wonderful

We made our purchase from Makin mattress’s, having owned one before. We splashed out and got the Bellissimo 4000 medium and it’s perfect especially because I’m a tummy sleeper. Treat yourself.

David H

David HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simply the best all round service and quality

Bought a Bellissimo king mattress with ensemble complete package. Perfect mattress and quality is next to none. Great warranty terms and the only mattress anywhere that is 2 sided! Have heard great things from people and will tell people about it!

Store LocationAdelaide SA
metragnome

metragnomePerth, WA

Great Mattress and Great Customer Service

We had a really hard mattress and tried 2 mattress toppers without success. We decided a new queen mattress was needed and visited Makin Mattesses in Perth (Victoria Park).

The team there were friendly and well versed on their product range. We tried numerous mattesses and spent plenty of time on each and again the team were very helpful and not pushy at all.

We settled on the Queen Bellissimo Duet 2000. (Australian made)

Have been sleeping on it for 2 months now and we are extremely happy... so much more comfortable and no longer waking waking up with aches and pains.

Highly recommend this mattress and the team at Makin Mattresses Perth.

Store LocationVictoria Patk, Perth
C Benvenuto

C BenvenutoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality stitching

Within a few days the stitching on the mattress and topper has come undone. It's unraveling more every day. I'm so disappointed with the quality. It's actually a crappy matress. Also it doesn't have any support. Constantly sagging under body weight.
I would not recommend this brand at all.

Store LocationSandringham VICTORIA
Tina J

Tina J

Wonderful Service- great Product

I needed a special size (3/4 Bed). The store made this at no extra cost. Great product. My 3rd mattress from them, they never disappoint and I would not go anywhere else

Store LocationCanberra

Comfortable quality mattress

Customer service was great and the lady answered all our questions and made good recommendations based on our needs. Everything's very comfortable and nice that the mattress is double sided

Elise L.

Elise L.

Custom size, comfortable and locally made

The process for ordering a really comfortable mattress in a custom size was really easy. The prices are reasonable considering the high quality. All manufactured locally so that’s a huge plus. My mattress is double sided and super comfortable. Surprisingly light weight for such a sturdy and comfortable mattress. The staff who served me weren’t very friendly, but they were efficient and knew their product. I’ve now bought twice through makin mattresses and I would again.

Store LocationAdelaide

Well worth the money for a good night's sleep

My brother and his wife highly recommended their Makin Bellissimo so I went into the Newcastle store and spoke with Annette the salesperson. Great service, excellent knowledge and advice, so glad I didn't waste time at a department store and opted for specialist advice instead, top shelf service, really happy all round with the mattress and the experience

Store LocationNewcastle NSW
Kate S.Makin Mattresses

Thank you for this great review Cathy!

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

We brought a king base from the south side store, all done over the phone, the customer service from start to finish (Delivery) was amazing, they were friendly and helpful

Store LocationBrisbane south
V Pathak

V PathakCanberra 2600, ACT

High quality products, reasonable price and great service.

Very happy with the quality of bed and mattresses from Makin Canberra. The delivery was fast and punctual. Highly recommend them for locally made products and support local jobs and businesses.

Store LocationFyshwick ACT

Pip G.asked

I bought a firm mattress and removable pillow top from MM. After a week the pillow top keeps sliding off about 10-15 cms. I called the store and complained. Was told the salesperson was new and the pillow top shouldn’t have been sold with the mattress. Was told to find some non grip to help alleviate the pillow top from moving. Tried that- unsuccessful. Took the pillow top off and stored it. Fast forward a year, was going to toss the pillow top out but decided to call MM as I felt I was jibbed out of having a comfortable bed. Manager advised to use a protector to hold the pillow top in place. This too hasn’t worked. I am not at all happy and now have a mattress too firm and very uncomfortable to sleep on and out $1600, And a pillow top useless as it slips off other non MM mattresses. Plan to dump topper in the MM showroom and contact ACCC.

John Doe

Sadly ACCC & Fair Trading will do nothing. We are taking them to Court on the Gold Coast. Would you be interested in joining a class action?

John Doe

You may enjoy this article https://www.beanbagsrus.com.au/blog/is-your-mattress-making-you-sick/

John Doe

According to the ACCC, the maximum penalty for providing false or misleading information about the existence, exclusion or effect of the consumer guarantees or remedies is $1.1 million. You can claim a remedy directly from the manufacturer if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees: 1/matching description
2/any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality.

Products must:
1/match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
2/match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
3/be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
4/meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers.
You are entitled to a refund and possibly can sue for consequential losses as well.

andyasked

we purchased a belisimo mattress suppose to be soft its very hard how long will it take to soften up as we haven't had a good night sleep since purchasing it and the one in shop we tried out was just like sleeping on a cloud hope it improves soon

Hi Andy
Thanks for reaching out. Which was the store you purchased from so we can liaise with them directly re timings.

andy

It’s all good I’ve been to the store spoke with them and we replaced it with a plush king to try it out
Thankyou

Kate S.Makin Mattresses

Fantastic - thank you for getting back to me.

Jeans Sleepy

Jeans Sleepyasked

Do you make bases for your mattresses eg like ensemble?

Chris
Chris

I dont make mattresses sorry I only reviewed the bed I bought, but they do match bases and mattresses plus the pillow top is separate as well

Sally Greedy
Sally Greedy

Ensembles are available. I like air flow under my bed which is why I opted for the mattress only.

Kate S.Makin Mattresses

Yes we make bases that aid with the airflow of the mattress

Get an answer from our members and Makin Mattresses representatives