Verifiedletsbemates.com.au

Adequate Speeds Yes · No
4.1
4.1
4.2
Quick and easy service setup
Fast internet
Great rates

3,204 reviews
Pristin Pallickal Prince
Pristin Pallickal Prince

Worth the Money!

Good service and appreciate the promotional discounts on the NBN plans. Show details
Chandrasegran E.
Chandrasegran E.Sydney, NSW
  Verified NBN

Service support

I am a new customer and have experienced exceptional service from the MATE nbn help desk. Called on 3 occasions and each time received excellent service from the service consultants. Show details ·  1
Krystel S.
Krystel S.2 posts
  Verified NBN Fixed Wireless

You'd be mad not to be their mate

Couldn't fault these legends.
Super quick connection. Great assistance when you need to call and well priced. All on top of being Aussie! Show details ·  1
Daniel Mills
Daniel Mills
  Verified NBN 100/20

Where have they been? Amazing service

Super easy signup, quick activation and their self service portal allowed me to quick and easily navigate and activate my services. They have programmed the experience we should have been getting from every ISP for years and haven’t. Show details ·  1
Steven Mortimer
Steven Mortimer
  Verified NBN 50/20

Thanks Mate

Great sales service and technical support. So easy to self-connect. Show details ·  1
Ashleigh C
Ashleigh CNorth Queensland, QLD

Loyal customer

I’ve been with MATE for almost 8 years now, I love that as the times change I can downgrade and upgrade my speed this helps me stay connected in financial hard moments and I love that there is this option of flexibility. If I ever have any connection issues they are right on to helping with my concerns and always easy to access an agent to help.
I have always found them to be very understand and compassionate 10/10 recommend MATE. Show details ·  1
GEOFF C.
GEOFF C.

Connection problem

I had used my own router and experienced difficulty connecting it to the MATE network. I found the technical staff to be very helpful, patient and professional in assisting me. I am very grateful. Show details ·  1
Jack
JackSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Verified NBN 25/10

This is the "Opposing Team". You loose!

I left this bunch of fools 4 months ago, and now I see an unauthorised Mate charge for $3.50 on my Credit Card. I'm told this is for a VOIP service that was not cancelled. Well, this incompetence is just typical.

This crowd specialise in saying "sorry", that is their highest achievement. There were quite a few other issues, but I'm relieved to be free of Mate....

( And a note to Mate Public Relations, don't bother saying "sorry". You don't mean it....) Show details

adam p.
adam p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
MATE   DM

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will definitely provide this feedback to the operations team to ensure a smoother onboarding process. - Luke.

Darren West
Darren West

Sooooo easy!

Very easy to set up. Was never an issue with the service. Show details ·  1
Raghad K.
Raghad K.3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified NBN 100/20

Mate nbn

I love to give mate this time 5 star like when we be with them in qld but the speed in Sydney not like in qld and in qld I have just 50/20 . I chose mate again because I trust them but not sure why in Sydney the speed not like qld. In general I recommend them to people. Show details ·  1
Louise Mooney
Louise Mooney

I love Mate

Mate helped me so much when we moved into our new house. NBN had the line connected to the wrong house which was sorted within a day and then Mate helped me to reconfigure the modem and we were good to go.
Very happy! Show details ·  1
Scott G.
Scott G.
  Fair Incentive Verified NBN 25/10

Great service and quick connection

Great service and quick connection. Had moved into a new place and once applied was connected within 30 minutes. Speeds are constant and all my devices work perfectly for my needs . Would highly recommend MATE. Show details ·  1
Bindy
BindySydney8 posts
  Verified NBN 50/20
Jye D.
Jye D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  NBN 100/20

Poor customer service

Closed on public holidays, sent an enquiry to receive an email saying they're aware of an outage and no known time frame to when it will be back up and running, online chat the following day was no help either, called up and after an hour on hold gave up to request a call back, got a call back and the lady was extremely rude when I said they should have a few people working during public holidays for her to question if I worked on a public holiday, hopefully the recorded phone calls get reviews amongst internal management, I was told they'll send a request to NBN and if my internet isn't working within 24 hours, I should call mate back to go through the same process.... I've only been connected with them for a month Show details

Mik
Mik · NBN 25/10 (Crikey)

Is this enough for Netflix?

Chinknees Shieat · MATE

Churn away as soon as you can the outages cant catch me im a Aussie broadband man

Jackfields J.

It still getting worse.. more are coming

Chinknees Shieat

Yeah i got more spam text from them just before i left

Jackfields J. · MATE

Why are we paying overpriced for lesser speed?
59 bucks for 12 mpbs, realistic speed 6 Mbps
Other networks 50 Mbps for 55 bucks
2 hours for technical support?
Speed is very slow?

About MATE

MATE's mission statement is that they are the everyday people, providing products and services consumers need, delivered with the value and service they deserve. The company says that this philosophy drives the following promises:

• No lock-in contracts and unlimited data on all internet plans.
  • No connection fees or set-up fees on BYO modem plans, and no plan-change fees.
  • Customer service support that's entirely based in Australia.

There are three internet packages available, including:

• Internet only: which offers unlimited and uncapped internet plans, with no included phone services.
  • Internet and mobile: which allows you to bundle a postpaid 4G or 5G mobile plan with unlimited talk and text.
  • Internet and home phone: allowing you to bundle an nbn home phone service, which includes unlimited local, national and mobile calls.

You can also read reviews for MATE's mobile plans here.

Points of praise

• Reviewers reported that accounts were easy to set up, thanks to a quick process and clear communication from MATE staff.
  • Internet speeds are fast, and in line with what is advertised by MATE for a particular plan, or faster than what is advertised.
  • Customer service staff based in Australia are helpful and friendly, listening attentively and providing the right advice, where appropriate.
  • The pricing on bundles is particularly reasonable, according to happy MATE customers.
Compare all MATE listings
Standard Monthly Price $75$85$65$110
Typical Evening Download Speed 48Mbps95Mbps25Mbps202Mbps
Promotional Offer

SAVE20 - $65 for the first 5 months.

SAVE20 - $45 for the first 5 months.

SAVE20 - $90 for the first 5 months.

Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps20 Mbps10 Mbps25 Mbps
Max Download Speed 50 Mbps100 Mbps25 Mbps250 Mbps
Contract TypeMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-in
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited