Listing monitored by MATE

4.5 (1,191)
    4.5 (1,088)
    4.6 (1,183)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (1,004) · No (139)

Paul
PaulPeel, WA

Finally!!!!!!!! Great internet speed

Had struggled over the last few years to get good, even medium internet speeds but with the Covid situation it became worse.
Excellent and super fast

GrahameEdwards
GrahameEdwards

Excellent service. Reliable connection. We are very happy with Mate!

Excellent service. Reliable connection. No problems. Phone calls are answered promptly and answers are always provided. The modem was supplied on the day we were told. All instructions were so easy to follow. We were online in minutes. We are very happy with Mate!

Murray Keiller
Murray KeillerSydney, NSW

Piece of Cake (wish I'd made the move ages ago)

Not up to speed

Find out how MATE compares to other Internet Service Providers

Quick and easy seamless setup. Great honesty in checking back with customer.

It is less than the current speed that I pay for (i.e. I get 42mb/s instead of 100mb/s) but still very good and reliable. I knew that when connecting as I live in an older area, but recently there are optical cables been run through my area that are close to being connected.
Mates came back to me recently to say I am getting half the speed and put me on the appropriate50mb plan immediately. Great honest company. Reliable connection, no issues with them, great Mates :)

Tony
Tony Sydney, NSW

Best service and transition.

Customer service was fantastic, finally speaking to someone in Australia. Australian company. I changed to Mate from a provider I was with for many years for mobile and internet service. Better price, best transition. Support team was amazing. Mobile network is great and internet service working well.
Excellent service and great support.

SLOW SLOW Speed

Signed up with mate 100/20 after being with Belong on their 50/20 plan.

The churn processes was very good however the connection was extremely slow.

Asked support to look into it and was asked to perform speedtest.net speed test which always return great results but did not reflect real world performance. (All other speed test sites recorded much lower during peak around 10mbps).

Churned away to another provider and getting easy 100/20 now even during peak. I would avoid Mate as i don't believe they are able to offer advertised speeds.

Ryan Carroll
Ryan Carroll

Review collected in partnership with MATE

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

reliable and consistence

It started a bit rocky at the start as within a few hours of asking to be switched over from the old provider they had action it and was night time and Mate only work business hours so I had no internet and the new modem was going to be 2 to 3 days next morning I called Mate at 9:00 AM and spoke to a local person and they asked me a few question about my old modem and I was put on hold for a few minutes and then come back to me and told me she would be able to get my old modem to connect and by 9:15 It was all working and then when the new modem come in I was able to set this up myself the same and Mate internet has not let me down yet so 10 out 10 for me Thank,s Mate

Excellent Service Would Recommend to All

MATE is extremely reliable and the speed is as advertised. Connecting to my new place was seamless with no disruption. Furthermore, the level of customer service and support is excellent and I would recommend their service to all family and friends.

Rosy
RosySouth East Queensland, QLD

Still new but so far brilliant!

I have only been with Mates for 3 months but so far - very good. When I had a problem reconnecting after an outage, one phone call - no waiting as they call you back pretty promptly, and I was professionally walked through the process until I was back online. Great speed at night and great service - after a dreadful experience with another “provider” Mates is a sigh of relief! Long may the good service continue!

Terrible.

Terrible, signed up for the promise of award winning service. Within 2 hours my internet was disconnected and unable to get back online had to speak to my old provider to get back online. Be careful what you sign up for.

Tim J.
Tim J.Sydney, NSW

Great service, reliable product

Reliable service good speeds. Customer service is the best I have used for any similar product. Quick reply and worked out a modem return with no hassles at all. Highly recommend

Find out how MATE compares to other Internet Service Providers

All fine until you have an outage

Masen Jenkins
Masen JenkinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Internet Yet

Vanessa S.MATE

Great Service and easy to contact

Great customer service and quick delivery of service. I had good interaction to make sure I got great value for money and a router that suited my needs. Overall happy with my choice

Jack
Jackasked
NBN 100/20 Home Fast (soul mates)

Why are so many 1 star reviews allowed to stay up? Its hurting your ratings..

I read most of them because I'm bored and its pretty much 80% end users not understanding basic networking/WiFi/Extenders or not having any idea how FTTN/FTTP or HFC internet works. They do not understand the basic infrastructure for NBN and blame you guys... lmao.

Cheers,
Mate of a Mate

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your feedback!

We don't delete any reviews - whether they are positive or negative.

We understand that some negative reviews and feedback we receive are out of our control, but we are proud to have one of the highest average star ratings for an ISP on ProductReview.

Regards,

The MATE team

Kathyasked
MATE

I am currently with another provider (Telstra) but experiencing drop outs and computer freezing frequently, so I am considering MATE to improve the service I get. My question is, (a) can I bring my telephone number with me (connection FTTN) and more importantly can I still use my Telstra Call Guardian phones which were purchased to provide the Call Guardian service?

Abhishek 21
Abhishek 21

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for contacting me, I pray you are keeping well and in good spirits.

I will try my best to answer your question, I am not from the Telcom industry or have a technical degree. My answers are based on my individual research and experience.

The simple answer - is to call Customer service but I can bet ya they might not be able to answer.

I have seen working on FTTP, Not sure about other NBN options like FTTN or HFC but I don't see why it shouldn't work with these as well.

When choosing a Telco provider, I, now ask the following question to myself,

1. The company I am switching to, is a service provider? who owns the telephone lines and network in my area? or they are just retailers who are renting the telephone lines from major owners like Telstra and Optus and later sell them to consumers like you and me.

2. If you have a problem, do they have the infrastructure to handle your complaint and needs, or they will outsource to a third party or to the telephone line owners. With Mate Communicate for me, 90% of the call goes to voice mail and after 7 pm Mon-Sat, and there is not support Sunday.

Switching to retailers will not solve the network outages or connectivity issues.

I am with Mate communicate and I have a lot of issues not just internet NBN, but also with Mobile services.

You need to establish who owns the telephone line in your area if it is Telstra or Optus.

It is like you own Villa, part of that villa, you rent out to Mr X, then Mr X, further rent out to Mr B.

Now if Mr B has some plumbing issue, he will contact Mr X, and If Mr X is free and kind enough to work fast, then Mr X will contact you to do the repairs or it will be delayed.

It is better for Mr B to rent the property directly from you for a better experience while he is living there.

Henceforth, If I am You. I will need to find who owns my telephone lines, and consider that service provider, not a retailer, but pls don't enter into a contract just go month by month to see how it works.

Why? Because If the infrastructure/ old telephone lines are bad in your area then regardless of who owns it, your services may have issues every now and then.

If your telephone line is owned by Optus, you might need to discuss your options with them.

however, if your telephone line is owned by Telstra and you are with Telstra, there are two options,

1. I might consider talking to the complaints team and request them strongly to resolve the issue, if it is not resolved, there are options to contact TIO ( telecommunication communication ombudsmen). They are there, to help us to resolve our complaint a bit differently.

Or

2. I might consider a bigger retailer such as Vodafone or Optus because their infrastructure is bigger, they might be able to resolve the issue faster than a small retailer such as - Mate communicates. Why ?

Because their prices are the nearly when compare with the same as Bigger retailers, and they charge for 3rd party Modem router which doesn't have

Again the key is not to fall into a contract.

Now to the major question about your call Call Guardian service,

I haven't used this service, I am aware it is to block all the fake callers and to have only relevant calls.

This service might not work with other retailers such as MATE. Because NBN lines are now different, the telephone lines are called FTTN or FTTP and few others. Not sure which telephone line is are in your area.

Before Switching to any service provider I would request to ask the above questions.

I hope I was able to give to some understanding, I wish you the very best for the future.

Please take care.

Abee

Hi Kathy,

It would be best to contact our sales team on 13 14 13 and press "1" for new sales.

Kathy

Thank you both for your replies. It doesn’t answer my question but I thank you both for your kind replies.

Damo
Damoasked
MATE

Another question LOL better to get all the questions out of the way.

When overseas how much per day extra is it to use the mobile phone? With Vodafone you just switch to international mode and pay $5 per day and you use your phone exactly the same way as you do when in Australia.

Thanks.

Andy
Andy

you should learn how to use a businesses website.

Hi Damo,

The MATE mobile service does not support international roaming.

Therefore, you can not use a MATE mobile service when travelling overseas.

Regards,

The MATE team

Get an answer from our members and MATE representatives

Compare all 6 MATE
Mate NBN 12/1 (good mates)
  • 2017

Mate NBN 12/1 (good mates)

4.4
Mate NBN 25/5 (great mates)
  • 2017

Mate NBN 25/5 (great mates)

4.4
Mate NBN 50/20 (best mates)
  • 2017

Mate NBN 50/20 (best mates)

4.5
Mate NBN 100/20 Home Fast (soul mates)
  • 2017

Mate NBN 100/20 Home Fast (soul mates)

Standard Monthly Price $59.00$59.00$69.00$79.00