Verifiedletsbemates.com.au

Adequate Speeds Yes · No
4.1
4.1
4.2
Quick and easy service setup
Fast internet
Great rates

3,262 reviews
sunnycoastbookkeeping
sunnycoastbookkeeping

Don’t bother

Mate were fantastic when I first signed up with them. I found them easy to deal with and the price was great. Fast forward a few years and then it has just gone downhill. The service is not as good I.e you leave a message on their call back service and then there is no call back. The internet became terrible almost to the point that it was unusable. When I spoke to them it was always a fault from nbn. I have moved to Telstra and the speed is about 3 times faster and amazingly the constant faults have stopped. Telstra is more expensive but at least I have internet whereas before I sometimes couldn’t even open Netflix on my tv. Show details
Liang M.
Liang M.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified NBN 250/25

Happy with customer service

Had Michelle's help with account changes. She was very patient and helped me to address multiple requests. Sometimes the wait to talk to reps can be long. Overall have been a happy customer. Show details
Steve2 posts
  Verified NBN 50/20

Terrible inconstant speed, frequent drops, 2 hour wait times on support

Signed up with mate the past weekend. Speed is wildly inconsistent and has never reached close to 50/20 promised. The internet disconnects often, which is unacceptable as I work from home so I drop off calls. Tried to contact the support, but 2 hour wait time - requested call back but after 1.5 days of waiting nothing. How do I even cancel the service on a 2 hour wait time! What a joke of a company. Support may be local, but I don’t know if they employ more than 1 person. Sales answered within 2 mins. Had no problem with previous isp which was surprisingly cheaper, but offshore support. Show details
Lena
Lena
  Verified NBN 50/20

Terrible customer service and no internet in the house for two weeks

Absolutely appalled by the customer service. Requested a connection with mate 2 weeks ago. No internet is connected to date. Tried contacting support multiple times, have been on hold for an hour. Online chat support was not able to resolve and suggested to schedule a callback - and guess what - no one called back at the agreed time. Currently I am again on hold for 30 minutes and support does not pick up the phone.

Lena Show details

Ted C.
Ted C.South East Queensland, QLD
James
James

All good no problems

Faster, cheaper quick setup with excellent service . I highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Kris Brkich
Kris BrkichSydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified NBN Fixed Wireless

Mate Sales would sell ice to Eskimo, Support team useless!!

NBN Cable & box & new modem installed - immediately no land line operational, no email service & one mobile SOS mode. Made many calls to Mate, waiting, waiting; chats on line - no resolution. Called in own technician, at own cost - some service restored. Transferred back to Telstra service - no problem. Show details
MATE   DM

Hi Kris, we are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the experience we wish to deliver to our customers. We are sorry to see that you have moved on to another provider. Please feel free to DM us if you have any other concerns. - Luke

Victoria
VictoriaPerth, WA3 posts

Great Product, Best Price, Good Service

This is my first NBN fibre experience. I've never been able to afford fixed WIFI before. MATE's great prices have made it possible, and I'm loving it. I'm on the lowest speed and plan (bundled with my mobile) because I'm solo resident, and it's excellent. Great prices, reasonable service (wish they had more tech phone staff and quicker hold times), friendly staff, and the product is really quite great. Thanks MATE. Show details ·  1
Shaun W.
Shaun W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Great so far

Only had mate for a month, so far so good..
Signal drops out from time to time but easily fixed..
Support staff are a great help when needed and local which is a huge plus. Show details ·  1
jd m.
jd m.
  NBN Fixed Wireless

Great overall experience and very good response from team

Great professional team and value for money highly recommended mate Show details ·  1
Skye Greig
Skye GreigMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Quick to set up

Once the modem arrived, the technician was dispatched within 24 hours. It was set up and running within a couple of hours, so I've had internet 24/7 since. Very happy with the TV, computer and phones being connected. Unsure why my security doorbell doesn't recognise the new wifi signal, but don't know if it's the internet that's the problem. Show details ·  1
Kylie D
Kylie DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Big thanks

Finally NBN advised my place was eligible for upgrade from Fibre to the Node, and was very surprised that I was now able to get Fibre to the Premises.
Tamika and Michelle at Mate made the process simple, and were very clear with their instructions and information. So I'll be on fast reliable NBN from next Tuesday, which for me running a business from home, is very exciting.
I love the fact that the team are all based in Australia, they take ownership of their roles, and if they don't know something, they'll find out, and help get it sorted.
5 stars! Show details ·  1
Fortunato L.
Fortunato L.Sydney, NSW8 posts

Mangnificent service by Michelle

With so many things going on when you are moving houses and getting a NBN plus other mobile plan concerns, I couldn't fault the assistance and service of Michelle form me, she was exceptional in all aspects in getting my household connected plus a well explained process about ongoing charges with another service provider. Show reply
Clare C.
Clare C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  Verified NBN 25/10

Satisfied so far

I've only joined MATE for a month. Pretty happy so far, in particular i'm impressed by the customer service. The live chat and emails were responded promptly and the queries were solved in a professional manner. The other day there was an internet down. And I received a message from Mate to update the status. I never got such service from Optus although they declared that I was a 5-year loyal customer and they valued me. Show details ·  1
Ross
RossPerth, WA

Mik
Mik · NBN 25/10 (Crikey)

Is this enough for Netflix?

Dibrom
Dibrom
Chinknees Shieat · MATE

Churn away as soon as you can the outages cant catch me im a Aussie broadband man

Jackfields J.

It still getting worse.. more are coming

Chinknees Shieat

Yeah i got more spam text from them just before i left

Jackfields J. · MATE

Why are we paying overpriced for lesser speed?
59 bucks for 12 mpbs, realistic speed 6 Mbps
Other networks 50 Mbps for 55 bucks
2 hours for technical support?
Speed is very slow?

About MATE

MATE's mission statement is that they are the everyday people, providing products and services consumers need, delivered with the value and service they deserve. The company says that this philosophy drives the following promises:

• No lock-in contracts and unlimited data on all internet plans.
  • No connection fees or set-up fees on BYO modem plans, and no plan-change fees.
  • Customer service support that's entirely based in Australia.

There are three internet packages available, including:

• Internet only: which offers unlimited and uncapped internet plans, with no included phone services.
  • Internet and mobile: which allows you to bundle a postpaid 4G or 5G mobile plan with unlimited talk and text.
  • Internet and home phone: allowing you to bundle an nbn home phone service, which includes unlimited local, national and mobile calls.

You can also read reviews for MATE's mobile plans here.

Points of praise

• Reviewers reported that accounts were easy to set up, thanks to a quick process and clear communication from MATE staff.
  • Internet speeds are fast, and in line with what is advertised by MATE for a particular plan, or faster than what is advertised.
  • Customer service staff based in Australia are helpful and friendly, listening attentively and providing the right advice, where appropriate.
  • The pricing on bundles is particularly reasonable, according to happy MATE customers.
Compare all MATE listings
Standard Monthly Price $75$85$65$110
Typical Evening Download Speed 48Mbps95Mbps25Mbps202Mbps
Promotional Offer

SAVE20 - $65 for the first 5 months.

SAVE20 - $45 for the first 5 months.

SAVE20 - $90 for the first 5 months.

Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps20 Mbps10 Mbps25 Mbps
Max Download Speed 50 Mbps100 Mbps25 Mbps250 Mbps
Contract TypeMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-inMonthly / No Lock-in
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited