MATE Mobile
Listing monitored by MATE

Pros

Fast speeds
Helpful customer support
Strong connection

Very well priced

Very good customer service and network coverage. Very well priced service

Ross
RossIllawarra, NSW

Great rates

Overall the service is good. At times, in certain areas the data is limited but generally ok.

Jess C.MATESend a private message

Jane
JaneHobart

Looking really good!

Reliable, no dropouts, better speeds than I had with a major telco. Data is much better value, and it includes a music subscription. I'm impressed.

Jess C.MATESend a private message

Murray H.
Murray H.Hobart, TAS

So far so good

I was with an Optus based provider which was fine but the coverage wasn’t great, especially in regional Tasmania and at our shack. The mate coverage already seems better but I have yet to trial it in regional Tasmania. I will update once I have. I like the data banking feature which is a feature my old plan didn’t have.

Fantastic so far

Just switched to Mate from Optus. Super easy to order, quickly received and set up SIM and a fraction of the cost. Also better signal. Switching all the family now.

Switched seamlessly our nbn and 2 mobiles in a bundle

We have the option of 4G and 5G with nbn. Following switch laptop was not stable on the the 5G link, but stabilised after 1 day. Both mobiles have settled on 4G.

Review collected in partnership with MATE

Should have changed to Mate a long time ago

I am very pleased with Mate friendly service nice to deal with local people, not a off shore people service. Highly recommend provider. Good net work coverage,reliable very competitive service price

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Will not disclose
Will not discloseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

So far so good. Better coverage than my old vodaphone network, cheaper too. Great to be able to accumulate unused data at a later date. Would definitely recommend to anyone

CitizenX
CitizenXSydney, NSW

Disappointing Customer Service

• Incentivised Review No
  • Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Brilliant

Having so many drop out and ‘supposedly’ areas where I was in a poor mobile area, I can honestly say Mate had been awesome.
On the Telstra network without any hiccups!

Good value

I like the fact that it is on the Telstra network. Good prices. Only concern is that it does not seem to be an easy way to talk to a human if something goes wrong.

DeeHarcourt

Poor reception and speed on mobile plan

Had no mobile service for 2 days now, problem with Telstra. Was wondering if Mate have plans with Optus instead of Telstra because I can't really use mobile data in my area. Pages time out. Download speeds mostly less than 1-3mbps. Can't watch a video, trouble playing music, and yes my phone is pretty new. I can make calls though when service isn't down. Previous provider with another company was Optus and it worked well in my area (Ravenswood, Harcourt, Lockington). I am considering changing to another provider who uses Optus (for phone and NBN) as I've been with Mate for some time now and I'm really sick of the dreadful mobile coverage. Sorry.

Great Mates

The network connections have been excellent in the majority of areas of Tassie that I travel. Limited drop outs and very good coverage. Service to subscribe was easy and friendly.

Sharon
SharonSydney, NSW

Delightful

I swapped from another provider with ease. I chose Mate because they had great deals, the use Telstra lines. There call Centre is right here in Australia, the main reason why I changed for.

RedibierPerth, WA

Very impressed (not fake)

I got a mate mobile plan as I wanted to be in the telstra network without the cost. So far I have been impressed, to get 10gb per month for $20 is really good. My family are all on the Optus network and I can connect where they can't, it isn't as good as my work phone actually on Telstra but it does what I want it to do. I had an issue at the beginning getting the SIM to work but I called the customer support who supported me in resolving the issue, who would have thought? I have read a lot of the negative comments but just because they have had a poor experience it didn't mean everyone will.

I do not work for mate and I'm just a regular customer who is pleased with my choice, hopefully you will be also.

JohnL
JohnLasked

When did I start with mate

Hi John

I started with Mate at the beginning of April.
Ian

Mario Renzellaasked

Does mates have phone and SIM card plans

Raymond
Raymondasked

When we joined mate were told that they would email me a invoice before money is taken out of my account. I rang one time asking about an amount taken out and reiterated what I was told before signing up. I would like mate to contact me please

Vanessa S.MATESend a private message

Get an answer from our members and MATE representatives

About MATE Mobile

MATE Mobile is an 100% Australian-owned Internet and mobile service provider. You can choose from a range of unlimited nbn or ADSL broadband Internet plans, as well as mobile plans ranging from $20 to $50 a month. Bundling a mobile plan with an Internet plan can also help you save more.

They have:

• No contracts, on any of their plans.
  • Unlimited data on all of their Internet plans.
  • Unlimited talk and text to standard Australian numbers on all mobile plans.
  • Data banking on all mobile plans.
  • No plan change fees.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that their MATE Mobile plan gave them great Internet and download speeds.
  • They also said that the customer service they experienced was professional, with representatives being particularly helpful when helping reviewers set up their account.
  • Reviewers said that they had great coverage in metro areas, with the coverage still being good in regional towns. However, there were a few users who said that their connection dropped out sometimes in certain spots.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers