2MATE Mobile

4.2

486 reviews · Statistics

81% · 39674 · 15%
Plan Type
  • Pre-Paid Sim Only (121)
  • Post-Paid Sim Only (270)
  • Post-Paid with Phone (12)
Fast speeds
Helpful customer support
Strong connection

Saul A.
Saul A.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Keep away from this Mate Mobile and NBN

Over priced, there is no technical support after hours. during business hours there is 45 min wait time. and be aware if you want to change from Mate, you make sure you transfer your number and activate your sim card first, cause Mate will lock your sim so you will not be able to transfer your number as you will not receive your security code. very scum to my opinion. keep away from this provider, you will be paying high price for more headache. Show details
Bon
BonTASHobart, TAS6 posts

No emergency alert notification

Recently we were holidaying in Bridport, Tasmania. An uncontrolled bushfire broke out in the surrounding district. Fellow campers using Telstra received alerts in their phones. We were not alerted. For that reason I’d have to give a lesser rating. Show details ·  2
DevD
DevD

Great service in switching to mate mobile

Great service seamless switch of mobile service to Mate on mateapp. Show details ·  1
Clinton Thompson
Clinton Thompson

Way better than optus

Have been using optus for over 10 years and was tired dealing with customer service whenever there was a problem. Mate is cheaper,offers 5G in my area (got tired of optus taking forever in Coffs harbour and can bank any data not used. Show details ·  1
Josh D
Josh DNSWCharlestown, NSW3 posts
Andrew
Andrew

Mate mobile is great. Great coverage, and great service

Mate mobile is great.
Great coverage, and great service
I have two mobiles and an NBN with MATE
The Mobile /NBN bundle is great, as it make it cheaper Show details ·  1
Good Quality Mythology
Good Quality Mythology8 posts

High price for poor service

I have been with Mate for 6 months after moving over from Telstra prepaid hoping to save money.

They only offer plans, so I was on the $30 option, but soon after joining they increased the price to $35 with no change to plan services.

I have found the service abysmal.
In the same areas that I previously had full coverage with Telstra, I now only have 1 bar.
My standard coverage is always 1 single bar, occasionally increasing to 2, but never any more.

This company is marketing itself as affordable and quality service, which is not what is provided.

I have just received my new sim with Belong, and am eager and excited to leave Mate Mobile behind, and only recommend people avoid this company at all chances. Show details

Bikash
Bikash2 posts

Disconnected my service and been chasing them to reinstate for almost a week now

They cut my service out of nowhere.
Crap knows why? All bills were paid and were up to date. Kept telling me it will take up to 24-48 hours and 3-5 business days. Bloody boolshit.

Hope they solve this crap fast. The work is screwed up because of these crap.

What a pain!

I've raised a complaint against them with Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman Show details

Eliana Goncalves
Eliana Goncalves

Expensive

Very expensive. Should be given other cheapest options to the clients. Show details
Graham Mclean
Graham Mclean2 posts

Bundling suits me

Having my mobile bundled with my internet has been very beneficial for me.
Something I wasn't able to have with my previous provider.
The customer service and connection reliability has been excellent. Show details ·  1
Mark
Mark4 posts

Happy with it

Everything just worked, very fast service too.
Things like keeping the number, getting the sim, access to the portal. Show reply
Ray and Suzanne Naumann
Ray and Suzanne Naumann

Best Service Ever

So helpful and patient with us as we had trouble changing over. We are happy with the provider and the great deal we got. Thank you! Show details ·  1
Melanie R.
Melanie R.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mate is great!

Talked to a lovely, experienced lady Michelle who has helped me save $ by putting me on a better plan for less. My son is now on his own mate plan. I am glad I have stayed with Mate communication. Show reply
Raymond Mcshea
Raymond Mcshea

Changing Providers

I was putting off changing providers thinking it would be drawn out and difficult. But after an initial call to mate I decided to go ahead, and everything was done online. I am saving about $90 a month which covers our 2 mobiles. Show details ·  1
Rosa Buono
Rosa Buono

Perfect! Better than other networks!

In some areas I didn’t get reception in the place where I work! But with Mate I have that! Show reply

tankerton

Hi, be interested to know peeps what the coverage is like on the Mornington Peninsula, in particular Crib Point, Westernport, looking at 2 SIM plans, ultimately with some customer service if required Thanks.

Thankyou

MATE   DM

You are most welcome. If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know. Regards, the MATE team.

TheOneAndDroney

Question? Why is it that you guys don’t support eSIM so I can use my cellular Apple Watch? I’d love to ditch Optus, but need my watch :(

TheOneAndDroney

Will you ever support eSIM, so I can use my cellular Apple Watch?

MATE   DM

Hi TheOneAndDroney, Unfortunately, MATE mobile plans do not currently support eSIM.

We are looking to provide this feature with our mobile services, however, there is no current ETA of when this would be available.

Regards,
The MATE team.

Gaurav H.
Gaurav H.

About MATE Mobile

MATE Mobile is an 100% Australian-owned Internet and mobile service provider. Bundling a mobile plan with an Internet plan can also help you save more.

Features of MATE's mobile plans include:

• MATE offer a range of 4G and 5G SIM-only mobile plans starting from $25 per month.
  • MATE mobile plans use the Telstra Wholesale Mobile Network.
  • All plans include at least a 500GB data bank so you don't lose any unused data (two plans have a 1000GB data bank).
  • All plans include unlimited talk and text to standard Aussie numbers.
  • Selected plans include unlimited international calls and SMS to 15 selected countries.
  • The network capability of MATE's mobile solution has access to download speeds of 10Mbps up to 250Mbps on 5G.
  • No lock-in contracts.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that their MATE Mobile plan gave them great Internet and download speeds.
  • They also said that the customer service they experienced was professional, with representatives being particularly helpful when helping reviewers set up their account.
  • Reviewers said that they had great coverage in metro areas, with the coverage still being good in regional towns. However, there were a few users who said that their connection dropped out sometimes in certain spots.
CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers