MAX Employment

MAX Employment

Terrible

Woman in Gosford told me they had to give me 6 days notice for an appointment which is NOT TRUE!!! I am currently homeless and was calling them to make sure I was in the area for my first appointment, as i am currently applying for rentals and am very stressed due to living in my car until I find a place. After reading these reviews after speaking to them I phoned the National customer service line where I was informed that is untrue, they are only required to give 48 hours notice for an appointment. As I am currently in the process of moving to be closer to family and support due to my current predicament, I have been trying to get an appointment a week from today so that I can have all my things stored.
As it stands if I was told today that I had an appointment in two days I could not make it. And they would cut my payments because of it. They would cut a homeless persons payments. Let that sink in.
I’ve transferred now so happy I don’t have to deal with their nonsense.

No Idea of actual requirements!

Max Employment Woy Woy. Tried to tell me I needed to look for 20 jobs per month. Even though the law clearly stated as single parent and undertaking full-time study for 6 months that this satisfies my job search requirements. [name removed] was not interested in the law and threatened to suspend my payments. I moved job providers. Max needs to be REMOVED as a Government Job Provider!! http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/3/2/9/100

Unprofessional treatment Transgender

My tenant and worker has been treated unprofessionally by a Manager to the extent that I will be submitting a formal complaint. There was discriminatory treatment and a dismissive attitude.

Don’t answer my phone calls

For some reason max employment in blacktown never answer my calls & ive called them many times at various times !. I can’t even leave a message because the call just cuts off!

Not good if you have 'invisible illness'

They were clueless about common mental illness, even though they are a DES. They treated me like a liar and fake. They reported me for misconduct when my health condition meant that I couldn't perform all the tasks in a job I was offered. The way they treated me aggravated my mental illness. I am no longer with them but I worry that they will treat other clients the same as they did me.

Consultant made false allegations against me to get me thrown out of office after threatening me

Some time ago I had an appointment at Max Employment in Joondalup (WA). I was almost finished my studies (I was two and a half years into a social work degree and was an extremely high academic achiever (I only had one semester left until I graduated). From the beginning with Max I felt like the consultant was prejudiced against me. She was always sneering at me, talking to me rudely and undermining my ambitions to get my degree and work in a similar role as her. She would say things like "We (Max Employment) prefer people with experience (than study)". Everytime I asked if, and how, I should go about putting my study and involvement in out-of-class activities student activities on my resume she would just ignore me and stare at her screen, or tell me that it wasn't important for the jobs I could do. To be honest though she never helped me find any job and I was only there because I'd taken a small break from study after my folks split up and my mum told me that I had to leave home because they couldn't afford to have me there with Dad not around.

I was homeless for a bit and in between places for a while. Obviously I'd never lived alone before and I was only 21. The changes interrupted my studies and I was also quite depressed and still getting over PTSD after something really bad affected me. Anyway... I didn't tell her about that stuff and I doubt she would have cared anyway. It seemed like she thought her job was just to keep undermining me whenever I tried to put my good foot forward by asking her about her role and what Employment Services involved and if there were some companies that were more likely to take graduates than other. In hindsight I think this was offensive to her - I didn't realise at the time that Max Employment was widely known as the worst in the industry and, therefore; actually takes on the least trained staff. They have really top notch advertising so in the beginning I actually thought they were reputable and right up there in terms of quality.

She was making a lot of demands of me to be honest, and I was Stream 4 (the most vulnerable stream). I was given a three month reprieve from looking for work by Centrelink and so I didn't see them for a while (I was already pretty keen to avoid them by that stage). In the three month interim though I did put in a few applications and I actually got work at a pharmacy full time. I moved down to part time before I had an appointment with Max again though. I moved down to Part Time because I was about to go back to Full Time study and finish my degree. When I saw the consultant again she was rude as always and asked me if I'd been searching for work. I told her about the pharmacy and that I was going back to study in a month and she said she needed a copy of my contract. She told me I also needed to still look for full time work or I would have my payment suspended.

I asked her why she needed the contract and she said I was obligated to prove that I'd searched for work as part of my Job Plan. I told her that I didn't think she had done her job because literally the only thing she had ever done for me was change my name on my resume to capital letters and BOLD the font. Also I changed the font back because I wasn't getting interviews or calls and I didn't think it looked professional - it wasn't her changes that got me the pharmacy job. Also, because I wasn't with MAX Employment when I put in the application or got the job I didn't think she should really take ownership of my contract which I got from my initiative and my hard work even after being belittled by her and made to feel like I was going to end up working in Chicken Treat forever or something.

I told her I would not give her the contract because I realised then that she must be getting paid somehow for it. It was literally the only time she was ever interested in anything I had to say. She then threatened to suspend my payments for non-compliance if I didn't provide a copy of the contract. I didn't want that uncertainty or anxiety during this stressful time of change in my life so I told her then that she was TERRIBLE at her job and that, quite frankly, a monkey with half a brain could do it better. I told her that sooner or later she'd get sacked and then I'd have to come in and do her job properly. Yeah it wasn't the nicest thing to say, granted, but I didn't swear at her and I was upset but not aggressive. You probably would be too if you'd been treated the way I was. She made me feel like a worthless piece of crap for months and she did not deserve recognition for a job she had nothing to do with securing. She could see I was angry and I could see she was angry at me too for not giving her the contract. So she got up and went to the managers office without saying anything. I thought she was just cooling off but then five minutes later she comes out of the room and leaves through the back of the office. The manager then comes out of the room and up to where I'm sitting and says "Excuse me but I'm going to have to ask you to leave. We have a no aggression policy and I will not tolerate you threatening my staff or their children".

Yep... That's right. She told her manager that I had threatened her children! I was FURIOUS, but what could I do? If I got angry she'd believe I really was aggressive and might call police or something and take the accusations further. When I though about some kid who got kicked out of home Vs. a bunch of people in offices as well as the police working for the government I felt pretty small and not in a good position. Well anyway, I was angry, and I told the manager that her consultant acted disgracefully and was clearly not trained to treat people with empathy and respect. I told her that her accusations were outrageous and that I would have them investigated for misconduct. I also told her that there was no way that they would ever get the contract from me now after the way they had behaved. The manager tried to keep me calm and walked me to the door and that's when she mentioned that she could give me a $20 Coles Gift Card if I gave her a copy of the contract. Like all my belongings at that time in my life it was in my bag. I thought that if I do this for them, cause the want it so badly, that maybe the manager wouldn't think I was unreasonable or a bad person like the consultant claimed. So to my everlasting shame I got the contract out of the bag, gave it to the manager and she scanned it on the photocopier and then gave me a gift card from out of her pocket. She may as well have pushed me out onto the road after that and I was already standing half in the door and half out when she put it in my hand. I've never been so disgusted with myself in my life. There I was, trembling with outrage and fear at the accusations they were making against me and there they were bullying me into giving them proof of of a service they never provided. And for what? Twenty bucks.

I went straight to Centrelink which was literally just up the road and I complained. The lady there was really lovely and she said that she would make sure I never had to go back to that place again. She showed me a review on the computer of one that she said was a good place said she would have me transferred. I was grateful to her and she was very understanding and kind and encouraging when I told her I would like to do her job one day. She transferred me but I never went to the new provider because by the time the new referral went through I was already back at Uni and my Student Payment had just been processed when they told me to come in for an appointment. I completed my Social Work Degree, then I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work. I've worked in Employment Services and I can tell you that Max Employment doesn't treat people the way that most other ones do. They handle people without dignity and they have no training when it comes to vulnerable people on the fringes of society. There are a lot of better Jobactive Providers out there so if you find yourself with MAX Employment don't take the risk, just get transferred ASAP.

They are seriously bad news and should be avoided at all costs

Incompetent staff!

ME, Narre Warren. 3 weeks and no money admitted the Christmas period has made things a bit difficult however the incompetence of a certain staff member beggars belief! I have received multiple appointments some within a day or two of each other when I ring and question the response is “oh that’s just a reminder for me so when you see an appointment around the 2-3pm time just ignore it”. Also so rude treating everyone with distain!

MAX Employment Salisbury is the Worst agency place. Period!!!!

They will lie to your face when you asking them questions and they'll try backing it up with more LIES!!!. Max employment salisbury should be shut down immediately, because there is no point even listening to them for they are saying on their behalf. Have someone from the Highest Order to shut down this place down, it brings no joy to the people who are attending to their appointments and the employers over there are rude, disrespectful and their attitudes towards us. Also they abuse the Centrelink Suspension Pay to threaten and hold against us. For Example: "Do you like getting paid from Centrelink? Do you? Because we can suspend your payments, we can do that you know." This derogatory meaning that is pressuring people and they are feel threatened by those terms.

Couldn't care less

I was sent to Max Employment Maroubra as part of my job search requirement and found the office to be very unprofessional. There are only about 4 staff in the entire office and only 2 of them actually deal with clients and even then they can't seem to do it alone they are always working together on the one client while the others wait. They are constantly running behind schedule for appointments and then blame it on Centrelink for double booking them which is garbage. Meanwhile they stroll around with cups of of coffee and sit at their desks while offering no assistance. If you are serious about wanting to find work I would steer well clear of this lot they are a joke.

QLD Logan Max Employment

I got sent to work for the dole at a charity shop called One World I was Disgusted as I went in to the charity shop with one 10 minute break and a fridge fully stocked with rotting food and one cramped room with two chairs to sit at break. People were made to go on one steamer to clean clothes for 2 hours and with no stops for toilet break or water. Their was a lady in their who I spoke with and her behaviour was immature and condescending. A young disabled man came in with a care worker excited as he wanted to help volunteer, I think was autistic and started to get frustrated with hanging the clothes. Right in front of the young girl care worker, The lady called out "That boy over their is chucking a tantrum, I don't know why they bring stupid people in like that."
I was very discouraged by this and distressed by the situation at hand. It made me very upset that they have these type of people in a place like a charity shop such as this one. Under bad conditions with no fan and little time for breaks.

Stupid.

Require you find 20 jobs and apply whilst currently being trained and attending a job site... Suspended twice in one week while attending training and work experience because I didn't attend their crayons and colouring book "job ready meetings, to tell me things adults should already know...Could be good if they improved their system, but for me, just a heap of unnecessary pressure...

Review of my Case Manager, Alana Poutama. Wynnum, office.
Alanas attitude towards my medical conditions was and still is being handled extremely professionally and her understanding of my situation has not differed from day one,Alana hasnt mothered me nor has she given me any special treatment to which im extremely grateful, sympathy is the last thing people in my situaton need. Aiana realised this early in the peace, henceforth my greatest admoration and respect for her.You are welcome to view my files or to discuss this with Alana with my express permission. Finally,Ican honestly state and hereby do that Alanas Professionalism in dealing with myself and my case is truly Impecciable. Regards, Peter Gealy.

Max Kilkenny Adl is the worst!

I was there for 2 years and in that time they helped me look for 4 jobs! Every other interview I looked or got myself. My first case manager was without a doubt one of the most incompetent ppl I've ever encountered, she was also a liar, I also found out by coincidence that she stole money from the place I did WFTD for, her name rhymes with Scare Her, so it's not hard to figure out who she is?
The other case manager I had was an even worse scammer, I was on level C and only had to look for 10 jobs a month, it stated that in my job plan, she tried to force me to look for 7 jobs extra a week, which wasn't stated in my plan and they couldn't be online applications either, I had to supply phone numbers, which is beyond redundant because most of the applications in my field are online.
Quite honestly they are dumbest mob I've ever encountered, they always forgot my name and who I was, point in case one week I signed for a new job plan, the next time I went in they tried making sign the exact same one again, one day they cancelled my pay saying I didn't come in, I wasn't even scheduled to come in that week, when I went in to get a re-enagement they realized it wasn't the person they thought it was, they didn't even apologize to me for stuffing me around or take ownership for their mistake! IDIOTS!!!!!

Could not return to work without Max.

The support, understanding, kindness,guidance, and acceptance I have recieved has given me the confidence and motivation within myself to step out of my comfort zone and make progress to feel confident enough to believe in myself and that I will be able to transition back into the work force. So Thankyou to all the team at Wynnum Max Employment.

Zero stars if possible!!

I have never had a single appointment with these idiots, yet they suspend my payment, which was reduced to near nothing after I found full time employment!!. So rude and made my anxiety really bad! They talked to me like crap and treated as if i was a stray dog. Think about this, how can someone go to an appointment when they work 9 to 5.30 5 days a week! Impossible!! Bunch of morons!!

Werribee branch exceptionally helpful & supportive of life & work balance

I am a indigenous job seeker and I would like to acknowledge and appreciate my case worker Yashna, for helping me address my barriers and believing in me, I have been out of the workforce for sometime and needed to brush up on my existing skills and new skills and she has given me the support to do this as well as helping me address my barriers to help me back in the workforce. There are times where I feel like giving up but Yashna always picks me back up and encourages me to move forward and motivates me. I am now ready and determined to get back into the workforce. Very much appreciated!..

Doesn't even deserve a star

Max employment Enfield are beyond useless constantly go back on their words even though I have it in writing and they have signed it they still call me a liar.

Getting sick of this

The old [name removed] from max employment in watergarden she done all her best to make sure that my payment been suspended, why? Because I go back to my old job and she was tell me that I still have to look for job, so I only was getting $20 fortnight for my new start, but no, she wasn’t happy, because she wanted me to fund a new job that not exists or else she’s not gonna get money over my old job, she even tell me that I can work in my old job only in till I don’t fund a new one, so when I said I’m ok with this job and I need 6 months course which was 1 night per week to get certificate and get full time job, she refused and don’t listening anymore what I want to say, I call Centrelink and told them about it, and they said to contact my provider to update my information, when I done that she said yes yes not problem but no, she makes a problem, I was more than 5 years maybe 8 with them and they only sent me to waste my time in stupid interviews that was nothing to do with my search and my experience, now because I got back to my old job myself they not happy, why again? Become those people they not there to help you getting permanent job in base your experience, they send you anywhere just because they know you won’t last 1 month because that job got nothing to do with you but doing that they get extra money every time they fund a new job, this is what happened to me, she get frustrated because she couldn’t get money over it this time,
Pathetic government chuck money to this unworkable company instead of close them off and use those money for training and get jobs, but anyway now
[name removed] ... remember all this years you always covered me up about reporting income etc. etc, you fixed straight away all my mistakes or whatever because you was happy that I listened to you, now in sick to wait I needed I job, and I went to please my old boss to help me, and thanks to him I got job not you, government please, give more money to Vic police to getting all this criminals around and close this waste time andò money of max employment!

I almost lost my job due to this very unprofessional company.

I have been working for the last 3 months and yesterday I got called to the office about an email that they had gotten from my Max Employment agent saying that I was planning on quitting. I had mentioned that I had gotten a second job and that I may resign at the end of the year but I don't see why she needed to tell them that information. It is very rude and unprofessional. I now work under someone that does not trust me and my head chef no longer puts in the effort to train me. This was a very bad move and I honestly think that they need to fire some staff.
Very disappointed.

Worst place to be

Worst place to be staff are busy with their own conversations making people wait for nothing i have been waiting for more then half an hours so as some other people they just ask you sit and they disappear.