SLLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor quality

I bought S200 brand new ten months ago. It didn't work and it was still under warranty. I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it for me. The reason was their poor quality o ring was broken and water was going into the motor. The dealer was good. They fixed it for me within 2 hours by replacing a new motor. Ask the manufacturer whether I can check the o ring to prevent it happens again. Their answer is NO which means I have to wait for the it to break down again and if out of warranty I have to buy a new one. What a poor quality and service it is.

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,800.00.

SLL

Have you read my message? I didn't want to repair it myself. I just want to make sure it won't happen again next time because of your poor quality o ring. What you suggest is just wait for it to be broken again and buy a new one. What a rubbish!

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning. In order to assess this part, the motor block is required to be opened. As advised, there are risks involved in opening a motor block unless required and have recommended that a trained Service Technician perform this task.

Dolphin S200

Had the Dolphin S200 for a couple of weeks now and find it great. cleans up the leaves and dirt well and climbs the wall to the waterline and does a great job.
Thank you to Len at Pool Tek, Carindale for the help and recommendation on this awesome cleaner

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,900.00.

RuthIvy

RuthIvySouth East Queensland, QLD

Long term problems

Purchased in November 2017 at Rode Pools for $1,300.00.

Greg

GregGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great and easy to use pool cleaner

A reliable easy to use pool cleaner that captures leaves and picks up dirt and smaller particles in an extremely effective and efficient manner. Great programming options and relatively easy to use

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,600.00.

Pugslie A.

Pugslie A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dolphin S200 robotic swimspa/pool cleaner by Maytronics.

Purchased at The Pool Shop for $1,890.00.

Tingroove

TingrooveCentral Queensland, QLD

Better than expected

The vacuum pool cleaner always left the a dirty area at the far end of the pool, this unit doesn't. Always had a scaly scum layer at the top of the water level, this unit after a few weeks had it sparkling. We have only had it for 3 months, so cannot comment about long term durability.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,800.00.

DuckPerth, WA

Best pool cleaner I have ever had

Purchased in July 2019.

Judith W.Sydney, NSW

Awesome product!

The was the best buy and worth the price, it picks up leaves, little small nuts from our tree and the pool quality even looks great and we only need to run it once a week.

Tarek

TarekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent cleaner for small to medium pools. Can't live without it!

Perfect for picking up leaves and small branches. Easy to use and easy to remove.
The basket is very handy to keep clean and empty and the filters are easy to keep clean.

Purchased in January 2019.

David Tran

David TranEdmondson Park

Definitely a life saver product for any pool owner to have in the home!

I purchased the Dolphin S200 after a couple of colleagues recommended it. At first I was skeptical especially with the price but I thought if I can buy a cleaner that will clean and collect all unwanted things in my pool for years and years then it ends up costing next to nothing plus nowadays our everyday lives are too busy to worry about cleaning. Every few days I press one button and it cleans the whole pool and collects everything over a 2 hour period. Gives you time to spend doing everything else. Would definitely recommend it. I’m a real estate agent and in the sales department, I recommend it to everyone who I meet with a pool. Best thing invented since sliced bread!

Purchased in December 2019.

stuba m.

stuba m.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Pool Cleaner I've experienced

I have used suction cleaners for 20 years and after replacing the latest one with the Maytronics s200 I would never ever go back to suction cleaning again. The S200 uses a 7 day cycle so its set and forget for a week at a time. Give it a hose out after 7 days and then it goes for another 7 days. Great menu options you can set it to clean 7,4 or 2 times per week. Our fully tiled 12mx5m pool has never looked so good. It also cuts down on back-washing and clogged skimmer baskets. I have been recommending it to friends and family since I bought it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Marina Pools Capalaba for $1,850.00.

Scotty M.

Scotty M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great choice of pool cleaner, glad I made the decision

Purchased the unit after great advice from pool robotics, I didn’t see perceived value in the features offered by the 300i. However the S200 works great in our pebblecrete pool , even climbing the stairs occasionally. Makes what was a tedious job, effortless. Very happy

Purchased in January 2019.

PBELLY

PBELLYHunter Region, NSW

This unit has surpassed the ability explained by sales rep

With a fibreglass pool and the compulsory child safety ledge that runs around the pool under the water I was told the unit would not go above this or up onto the steps of the pool Well, they got that wrong up and over it goes with no problems at all. The basket system used in the cleaner is absolutely fantastic. I have had pools fibreglass and concrete for the past 40 years and this is the best cleaner ever. it is also so quiet.

Purchased in December 2018 at Pool and Spa Direct for $1,800.00.

Wall and Step Cleaning

I have used other pool cleaners, but the Dolphin S200 is by far the best. Would highly recommend it to all pool owners

Leaves, small twigs, gum tree seeds as well as dirt which finds it way into the pool, scrubs the sides of the pool. It also clean around the pool steps.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Pool & Spa care centre.

AndrewL

AndrewLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Saves me time

I have an S200i and it is the best thing. Just stick in the pool and turn it on. It goes up the wall onto steps. I run once a week and it does the job fantastically. It has been the best investment and now I don’t have to connect hoses and vacuums to keep the pool clean. Haven’t had much success with the Bluetooth option to remote control the unit, but to be honest I really don’t need it

Purchased in January 2019 at Dolphin Pools.

Pool Size Small

Cord tangles on itself

This pool cleaner is incredible! I love everything about it EXCEPT when the cord gets wound around on itself. I understand that there is a tension release system that is supposed to solve the winding problem and my guess is that the torque on the cord isn't enough to cause this system to release the torque tension that causes the cord to get wound up. Is there a loosening procedure to allow the cord torque to release? If not, I will just continue to manually straighten the cord about every 5th time I use the cleaner. Other than that, the cleaner does a fantastic job keeping my 15X30 pool sparkling.

Purchased in February 2017.

Pool under leaves 3 times a week just isnt enough

We have a 55.000 l pool. Large park trees hang over the back end of the pool so leaf litter is an issue. I told the salesman this. Please tell me that like our old little robot that we can set it to come on daily not just 3 times a week? Anyway currently this just isn't working, there are heaps of leaves in the bottom of all four corners which of course also makes the water phosphate levels change in the water it's driving me crazy. Our last machine was about $900 this was $1600 I like how it cleans the walls but that's about it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Does the whole pool!

I used to have an old Barracuda cleaner before it fell to bits. It used to get stuck in the corners and didn't really do the whole pool. I get a lot of leaves in my pool and this cleaner gets them all! It even climbs the walls and does the steps. It has a large basket inside it that's easy to clean out when its finished its cycle. My S200 has a swivel in the cable and so it doesn't get tangled (Definitely recommend a robot cleaner with a swivel). I'm very happy with it after 2 months now and have no issues at all. Hopefully stays that way.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Thanks for your review!

Neilo10South East Queensland, QLD

Dolphin is good but filters are terrible

I love my Dolphin S200 but the filters are so expensive and don't last. I bought a replacement one in December for Xmas and already it is splitting and fraying. I use the cleaner about twice a week and always clean it after use but they don't seem to last...Cost $110 to replace. Any ideas.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Neilo, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657. The S200 filters should last longer than you have experienced. We will try to understand what is causing this.

Ok Will do.

Jay

JayKogarah NSW

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

M00

M00asked

Is the Dolphin S200 the same as the Dolphin db2?

Judith W.

Hi, it does similar things but they are different models.

No, different.
I suggest you go onto the Dolphin web site where you can do some comparisomes by selecting the different models.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi M00. The Dolphin DB2 and the S200 are similar in shape and functionality and are distributed differently. The DB2 has a fifteen metre cable and the S200 has an eighteen metre cable. The DB2 comes with an ultra-fine filter basket and the S200 comes with both the ultra-fine filters and the net filters. Please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Shane fleming

Shane flemingasked

My cleaner picks up very few leaves. Pool was full of leaves but cleaner picked up about 6. What am I doing wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Shane. Thank you for your enquiry. It is recommended to remove excess leaves from the pool prior to setting the robot on its cycle. While robotic pool cleaners are able to filter a certain amount of leaves from a pool, they are unable to filter an abundance of them. The size and type of leaf may also determine as to whether it will be able to be filtered. The net filter is also the best suited for larger debris, such a leaves. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Lee B.

Lee B.asked

Hi , I have recently purchased an x30 about 2 months ago. Is it suppose to have suction? I can’t feel any suction when I put my hand underneath when it’s on. I have a pool with a tiled coping that is flush with surrounding tiles. Fine dust easily can end up in pool after rain or wind. I’m finding the x30 can’t suck up the fine stuff. It aggitates the water then the water stays cloudy and not appealing. I want a clear clean pool. Any suggestions?

Neilo10

There should be two filters. I find the fine one does pick up the fine stuff. I also give the bottoms of the pool a brush while the Dolphin is running which seems to help with the pick up. Also regularly clean the filter.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Lee. To filter smaller particles such as dust, ensure to use the ultra-fine filter kit. These filters look like small folds. We also recommend cleaning the filter basket after each cycle to ensure that it remains clean and unclogged.
Please contact us on 1300 693 657, option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners