3Maytronics Dolphin S200

4.4
3.9
4.5
Noise Level
Removes fine and coarse debris
Easy to clean the machine
Simple to set up
Sometimes not as durable as expected

RuthIvy
RuthIvySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Top Review

Long term problems

I have had my S200 for around 19 months. It was 10 months old when I bought it. So it is Around 2.5 years old. When it works, it is fantastic but unfortunately the older it has gotten the more unreliable it has become. I have lost count this year how many repairs I have had done. More than 10 this year. It is back in the shop again and now needs another new motor after only having the motor replaced less than 12 months ago. So a $500 repair. I have seen advertising that says that these cleaners will last up to 10 years so the two year warranty doesn’t matter. It matters. I feel like as soon as mine was out of warranty I have had nothing but trouble with it. I am now facing the prospect of paying $2550 for a new cleaner as it feels like I’m throwing good money after bad with my old cleaner. Buyers beware that you may only get two years or so out of this cleaner. When I contacted the company the response was defensive & unhelpful. They took no responsibility for their product and advised that I must have cleaned the pool too many times...

Purchased in at Rode Pools for $1,300.

• Pool Size: Large
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Maytronics   DM

Hi Ruth. Thank you for your feedback. We understand that you had been in contact with our Customer Care team and that information had been provided regarding your Dolphin S200. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Duck
DuckPerth, WA7 posts
  Top Review

Best pool cleaner I have ever had

The Dolphin S200 is an ideal pool cleaner that picks up all debris and does the job perfectly.
Having had various other types of cleaners that rely on being connected to the pool filtration system and run when the pool filter is going do not do as good a job as these standalone systems.
There is a big saving on running costs and a lot less use of chemicals because the Dolphin S200 stores the debris in it is own easy to clean canister which means that no dirt particles end up in the pool filter which also means less backwashing of the filter.
I am particularly impressed with how clean my water is now and how it mangers to clean the walls, side tiles and the complete pool.
The Dolphin S200 is an attractive machine and has no noise when operating is easy to clean and operate, just put it in the pool and push the start button and the pool is completely clean in two hours.
It is recommended to remove the pool cleaner from the pool when not in use and when the pool is being used.
I have noticed a big saving on my time, chemicals and power costs since converting to this type of pool cleaner and highly recommend this product.

Purchased in .

• Pool Size: Average
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Sit back and let the Robot do the work!

Since purchasing the Dolphin S200 I have been able to enjoy my pool so much more. Cleaning the pool used to be so time consuming especially manually cleaning with the hand-held catcher. It's now just a matter of plugging in, turning on and letting it clean. The robot scrubs the waterline tiles and picks up all the leaves that blow into the pool. It really has saved me so much time and effort. Would definitely recommend! Show details ·  1
Katie
Katie3 posts

Game changer

After countless suction cleaners, we finally caved and got the Dolphin S200. We have a pebblecrete 9mt pool and this robot is incredible. We used the suction cleaner first, then put the robot in to see the difference. OMG the amount of small dirt particles and slime we found after the first go was discussing.....but incredible! Huge fan of the Dolphin! Show details ·  1
A R.
A R.12 posts

Not made to last and zero customer service after warranty

Dolphin Ultimate died just after warranty and Maytronics not willing to assist in repairing just after $$$ to buy full motor block and charge $1.6 to repair $2.8k robot just under 4 years old. “Nothing we can do outside of warranty” “go see your local pool shop”. Junk not made to last. Don’t waste your money unless you are willing to pay $1k per year investment. Rubbish. Show details
Ruth F
Ruth F7 posts

Perfect for my pool

Recommended by pool cleaning man. Removed algae from bottom first clean of summer. Regularly removes leaf debris and cleans sides of pool without problem. Not heavy to move and easy to store on cart. Still learning about the programs but was easy to use Day 1. Show details ·  1
Knox
Knox3 posts
  Fair Incentive

Best pool cleaner I have had

Best pool cleaner I have had. Does a brilliant job of cleaning the floor and walls of my pool. Easy to use straight out of the box. Easy to maintain and do well designed and made. Show details ·  3
Robert H.
Robert H.

Works great 3 months in

Have had the device for 3 months. So far no issues, cleans the pool great. Show details ·  1
Samantha
Samantha

Best thing I’ve ever bought

This machine is easy and effective. Means we can spend more time swimming and less time cleaning. Show details ·  1
baz
baz2 posts
  Fair Incentive

great product makes life easier

bought a new dolphin by maytronics love it, had a filtrite by maytronics it lasted for ten years, great value it is still going but getting old and tired so got a new upgrade as they make great products and still loving it, takes the hard work out of keeping the pool clean Show details ·  1
Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Dolphin s200 - 3rd one going strong

This is my 3rd maytronics pool cleaner over many years and like it's predecessors it is going great guns. Easy to use and cleans the pool superbly. Leave it on pool bench so it never gets in the way. Will keep going back. Show details ·  1
Steve Little
Steve LittleBrisbane113 posts

Raechel
RaechelDarling Downs, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Does the job we need done!

This guy is great and does the job required of him. Our kids have named him so I guess he is now a part of the family. Hoping we get a lifetime out of him. :) Show details ·  1
Ang
AngFar West, NSW

Not worth the money

We had a kreepy krawly before this and to be honest I think it was better than these . It does not clean our pool well there are certain areas it never cleans and does not pick up all the dirt . Save your money and get something else . Very disappointed Show details
lcass
lcassPerth, WA9 posts

Dolphin S100 Warranty unreliable

As I have a business that requires pool to be pristine I purchased a Dolphin Pool Cleaner. After 12 months the pool cleaner stopped working. When I purchased the machine I was advised that I could take the pool cleaner to the shop and they would test it immediately. Neither pool shop nor Maytronics take any responsibility for delays in testing. I would not have purchased a Dolphin Robotic Cleaner had I been aware of this. Show details

Tom S.
Tom S.

Is there any way I can set my Dolphin S200 to not do the walls/waterline clean every time and just focus on the floor of the pool? I.e. a quick clean. Thanks

David M.

The packaging for my new S200 says it has a “Cleaning Cycle : 2 hours + weekly timer”
Any time how to activate the weekly timer?
There is just one button on the power supply box… which seems to be the On/off button… nothing else to make a selection.
Thanks for any advice.

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your reply regarding your Dolphin S200.

Please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available when calling.

Many thanks David!

Hee
Hee

I wrote a glowing review of our S100 (or maybe S200, not sure) some years ago and we are still very happy with the product.
The one minor nuisance is that the programming seems to have the robot turning right more often than it turns left so that over time the blue umbilical cable becomes tangled.
We remedy this by occasionally lifting the robot out and rotating it anticlockwise many times till the twisting is eliminated.
Is there a way to have the programming reset to overcome this problem by evening out left and right turns?

See all Maytronics Dolphin S200 questions

Features:

• The Maytronics Dolphin S200 is a robotic cleaner that removes dirt and debris from your pool.
  • It’s Australia’s first robotic pool cleaner to receive Climate Care Certification, meaning you’ll save more on energy and water bills, and still receive better water filtration than competitor models.
  • The pool cleaner has an advanced PowerStream Mobility System that emits multi-directional water jets, allowing it to keep a steady grip on all horizontal and vertical surfaces. This ultimately makes for an effective clean and better navigation.
  • Having scanning software and a navigation system ensures that the pool’s surfaces are fully cleaned using the most efficient route.
  • The model is ultra-lightweight and easy to handle.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the pool cleaner effectively removed fine and coarse debris from the pool, leaving it sparkling clean.
  • They also found that the pool cleaner was easy to clean.
  • According to reviewers, the Maytronics Dolphin S200 is easy to set up.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that certain parts of the pool cleaner weren’t as durable as expected. Some of these also found that the machine stopped working altogether.
CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners