Cord tangles on itself

This pool cleaner is incredible! I love everything about it EXCEPT when the cord gets wound around on itself. I understand that there is a tension release system that is supposed to solve the winding problem and my guess is that the torque on the cord isn't enough to cause this system to release the torque tension that causes the cord to get wound up. Is there a loosening procedure to allow the cord torque to release? If not, I will just continue to manually straighten the cord about every 5th time I use the cleaner. Other than that, the cleaner does a fantastic job keeping my 15X30 pool sparkling.

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Hi CJR. We are so glad to hear that you're happy with your robot! Cables require certain maintenance to assist in keeping them kink and tangle free. The recommendations that Maytronics have include ensuring to set the power supply on the deck as close to the centre of the pool as possible and to only put as much cable in the pool water as required to reach all corners of the pool; the remaining cable should stay neatly rolled up on the deck. We also recommend that once a week, the cable be disconnected from the power supply, straightened it out and laid on the ground (in the sun if possible) for 30 minutes before rolling it up and always ensure to circle the cable in big loops as the cable should never be rolled in tight circles. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Pool under leaves 3 times a week just isnt enough

We have a 55.000 l pool. Large park trees hang over the back end of the pool so leaf litter is an issue. I told the salesman this. Please tell me that like our old little robot that we can set it to come on daily not just 3 times a week? Anyway currently this just isn't working, there are heaps of leaves in the bottom of all four corners which of course also makes the water phosphate levels change in the water it's driving me crazy. Our last machine was about $900 this was $1600 I like how it cleans the walls but that's about it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi, The Dolphin S200 has a weekly timer feature which can be set for the robot to function every day, every second day or every third day, over a seven day period. This can be set directly from the power supply. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you so we are able to understand what is happening with your robot and resolve it.

Does the whole pool!

I used to have an old Barracuda cleaner before it fell to bits. It used to get stuck in the corners and didn't really do the whole pool. I get a lot of leaves in my pool and this cleaner gets them all! It even climbs the walls and does the steps. It has a large basket inside it that's easy to clean out when its finished its cycle. My S200 has a swivel in the cable and so it doesn't get tangled (Definitely recommend a robot cleaner with a swivel). I'm very happy with it after 2 months now and have no issues at all. Hopefully stays that way.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for your review!

Dolphin is good but filters are terrible

I love my Dolphin S200 but the filters are so expensive and don't last. I bought a replacement one in December for Xmas and already it is splitting and fraying. I use the cleaner about twice a week and always clean it after use but they don't seem to last...Cost $110 to replace. Any ideas.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Neilo, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657. The S200 filters should last longer than you have experienced. We will try to understand what is causing this.Ok Will do.I have already added a further comment which to date hasn’t been added. Subsequent to my above comments, I was contacted by A representative from Maytronics who explained that the filters were also covered by the Warranty,, which the company who supplied me with the filters at Xmas, should have known and told me. I have now received replacement filters which are working well. Thank you very much for the follow up and replacement by Maytronics.

Maytronics Dolphin S200

Bought robot pool cleaner S50 November 2017, initially had problems after taking it back 3 times found the bottom of the pool surface was slippery so machine could not grip, After discussions with the team and sales manager had pool fully scrubbed and since the cleaner has worked well. The only frustration I have from day one, is the cord no matter how I attempt to straighten it stills gets very twisted. Would like to see if anyone has an answer. At times after pool cleaned, bring the robot out and straighten the cord leaving in sun but once back in pool just twists up again. No matter what I do I cannot rectify this problem.

January 5th 2019 Update: Maytronics Dolphin S200

Whilst the pool cleaner does an excellent clean it is the cord that frustrates me by twisting all the time. Take cleaner out and stretch and untwist cord let it rest flat on ground then put cleaner back in pool and in no time it's twisted again there has to be a better type if material Maytronics can invest in the make this cleaner perfect but at moment I rank it just OK.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent, but ....

The cleaner had a real test after I had the gutters cleaned for the first time for some time. There were rotted leaves galore pressure jetted out, lots of which fell on to the pool cover. Crossing my fingers I hosed the cover off and set the cleaner to work. It had most in its basket after s couple of hours.

The But. My model can only be set for a week ahead so if you go away, unless you have someone who can come in and reset it, it will sit idle until you return. Actually not a problem if you have a pool cover, but if not you might have some leaves to clear when you get back

Date PurchasedMar 2018

WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!

Bought my Dolphin S200 last summer, it worked fine through out the summer. A couple of days ago, it suddenly stopped working. When I plugged it in to the power and pushed the reset button, the control panel flashes blue light and can not be switched on. I pulled it out from the water and put it upside down, made sure there was no kinks on the cord, cleaned the parts as per instructed and left it under my patio for a couple of days. This morning, I tried ti turn it on, still not working. Not sure about other series, but this one is definitely not recommended. BE WARNED.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Bryan, please call us on 1300 693 657, we can definitely help you out as your machine is under warranty. We can get you back up and running in no time.

Buyer Beware

I purchased a new Dolphin S200 after my last Dolphin died. I loved the last unit, it cleaned well and was thorough. But I’ve had nothing but problems with the new unit. It’s been back 3 times for repair, the first time they said there was nothing wrong with it and that I should run 2 cycles to clean properly, or that it was a problem with my water or pool surface. But it still had problems when it returned so I sent it back. This time they replaced parts. But when I got it back it still had problems. The State Sales Manager advised that I would get a new unit but instead they replaced more parts and sent it back. When discussing my dissatisfaction with the State Manager he advised me that the unit was not designed for cleaning dirty pools and that they had done all that was required under law and their warranty terms.
I should have listened to feedback left online. Do your research and consider other products.
All I wanted was a pool cleaner that works and good customer service when it didn’t. Shame Maytronics couldn’t provide either. Will not purchase another Maytronics product again.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
We are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce. I will investigate the background of this issue on my side and send you a pm to follow up. I'm sure we can help work our why this particular cleaner is having a problem in your pool.

My cleaner picks up very few leaves. Pool was full of leaves but cleaner picked up about 6. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Shane. Thank you for your enquiry. It is recommended to remove excess leaves from the pool prior to setting the robot on its cycle. While robotic pool cleaners are able to filter a certain amount of leaves from a pool, they are unable to filter an abundance of them. The size and type of leaf may also determine as to whether it will be able to be filtered. The net filter is also the best suited for larger debris, such a leaves. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Hi , I have recently purchased an x30 about 2 months ago. Is it suppose to have suction? I can’t feel any suction when I put my hand underneath when it’s on. I have a pool with a tiled coping that is flush with surrounding tiles. Fine dust easily can end up in pool after rain or wind. I’m finding the x30 can’t suck up the fine stuff. It aggitates the water then the water stays cloudy and not appealing. I want a clear clean pool. Any suggestions?
There should be two filters. I find the fine one does pick up the fine stuff. I also give the bottoms of the pool a brush while the Dolphin is running which seems to help with the pick up. Also regularly clean the filter.Hi Lee. To filter smaller particles such as dust, ensure to use the ultra-fine filter kit. These filters look like small folds. We also recommend cleaning the filter basket after each cycle to ensure that it remains clean and unclogged. Please contact us on 1300 693 657, option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance

Just wondering what pool cleaner is appropriate for vinyl lining?